ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Hi Taro,

I believe - if you are using the "custom faction" fields - make sure there are no spaces either in front of or behind the faction name when you type it in (thanks spyder)... If for some reason the faction names are not known - you may see CSAT populated for your own troops...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn. I have followed the quickstart tutorial and ALIVE keeps spawning CSAT in my BLUFOR base. I set up the marker, added blacklist to OPFOR placement and TAOR to BLUFOR placement. Syched it up and it refuses to work properly for me.

I just do not understand why.

Also: how can I use the OPFOR FIA and Syndikat? ALIVE keeps compiling they don't have units in all of the categories.

Make sure you are typing the faction names in all caps and with no spaces before or after. If you still can't get it then share a vanilla-repro of your mission and I'll take a look.

Make sure you are typing the faction names in all caps and with no spaces before or after. If you still can't get it then share a vanilla-repro of your mission and I'll take a look.

I was not typing in the names, I just used the dropdown menu to select the factions in the AI commander modules. I removed the override faction and left it blank.

What kind of groups are you trying to spawn?

For instance, with Syndikat, if you're manually forcing motorized/mechanized/Armored/etc only, you'll get the exact error message because Syndikat (for example) only has infantry groups.

Ok this is just weird.

I placed ALIVE required and Player Options modules. Created a circular marker named "BLUFOR_1" over a military installation. Placed Military placement module (intended for BLUFOR) with light infantry company with an HQ, I removed override faction (was OPF_F by default), set marker "BLUFOR_1" as TAOR. I placed BLUFOR AI Military commander (nato selected from the dropdown) and synched it to the BLUFOR military placement module.

Then I placed Militray placement module intended for the enemy, set it to light infantry, blacklisted "BLUFOR_1" marker, removed override faction (was OPF_F by default). Placed Civilian Placement with same settings. Then I placed Military AI commander and set the faction to Syndikat, using the dropdown, and synched it to the Mil and Civ placements for the OPFOR.

Result:

ALIVE complains that IND_C_F has no groups and CSAT soldiers spawn in my BLUFOR base...

:banghead:

Only CBA and ALIVE running, ALIVE downloaded using steam workshop.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jpffu4k0opb4xpc/alive_test.Altis.zip

Ok this is just weird.

I placed ALIVE required and Player Options modules. Created a circular marker named "BLUFOR_1" over a military installation. Placed Military placement module (intended for BLUFOR) with light infantry company with an HQ, I removed override faction (was OPF_F by default), set marker "BLUFOR_1" as TAOR. I placed BLUFOR AI Military commander (nato selected from the dropdown) and synched it to the BLUFOR military placement module.

Then I placed Militray placement module intended for the enemy, set it to light infantry, blacklisted "BLUFOR_1" marker, removed override faction (was OPF_F by default). Placed Civilian Placement with same settings. Then I placed Military AI commander and set the faction to Syndikat, using the dropdown, and synched it to the Mil and Civ placements for the OPFOR.

Result:

ALIVE complains that IND_C_F has no groups and CSAT soldiers spawn in my BLUFOR base...

:banghead:

Only CBA and ALIVE running, ALIVE downloaded using steam workshop.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jpffu4k0opb4xpc/alive_test.Altis.zip

You need to specify the factions in your placement modules. Modules that are supposed to spawn BLUFOR should be Force Faction: BLU_F and modules that are supposed to spawn Syndikat should be Force Faction: IND_C_F

Damn. I knew it could be that. I was under the impression that Military AI commander faction setting would set the factions. The

I think that this bit should be more specific in the quickstart wiki article. The "Force Faction" made me think it is special override to spawn faction different then one specified in AI commander.

Anyway, thank you for clearing that up.

Damn. I knew it could be that. I was under the impression that Military AI commander faction setting would set the factions. The

I think that this bit should be more specific in the quickstart wiki article. The "Force Faction" made me think it is special override to spawn faction different then one specified in AI commander.

Anyway, thank you for clearing that up.

Syncing a placement module to a commander makes the commander aware of the objectives that the placement module generates, so it's not uncommon to have a placement module synced to two different commanders.

• Like 1

There's a problem when hand-placing the V-44 Blackfish and syncing it to the combat support module. When you hand place it, put in the code in the init, and sync it to the combat support module, the system spawns two Blackfish on top of each other, resulting in a pretty interesting explosion. This doesn't happen when you just use the regular transport support module. The Y-32 Xi'an works just fine.

Anyone else having an issue with the Logistics regarding calling in for a chopper (empty vehicle to be delivered to you on the battlefield).  Air-drops now work fast and very smooth, however, if I attempt to call in for a Helicopter to be delivered at my location I get the radio message (nice addition) confirming the request but then a few seconds later a message saying 'request denied' or 'not enough available', or something to that effect.

I have everything set up as it should be, logistics even set to infinite.  

????

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.1.1

HylyTQh.jpg

APEX Fixes and Enhancements!
This is minor release to fix a number of issues identified in 1.1. Key amongst them are refinements to the new slingloading feature - you can choose how many boxes spawn (including none) and selecting objects for hook up is much more intuitive. Variables for slingloading have been added for manually placed transport helis (see Combat Support wiki for details).

Civilians have migrated to the new land known as Tanoa and will now show their faces when asked. Spyderblack's mini-mod that splits up the factions lumped into CIV_F is included in this release, so you can specify which civ faction you want to spawn.

We have also added support for mission specific compositions. Note that if they are named the same, mission defined comps will take precedence so you can effectively replace any standard ALiVE comp with your own at the mission level.

Thanks to everyone for feedback both here and on our forum!

Download
Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Join the War Room Now!

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Release Highlights
  • Added example APEX Getting Started mission
  • Fixes & Enhancements to Sling Loading
  • Fixed civ spawns on Tanoa (and other maps)
  • Added support for mission specific compositions
  • Gendarmarie faction mapped so it works with ALiVE
  • Aircraft will no longer spawn inside control towers or terminal buildings on Tanoa
  • Added IND_G_F, CIV_F_EUROPE, CIV_F_AFRICA, CIV_F_ASIA, and CIV_F_TANOA factions
See full commit history on Github

More Maps?
The momentum is really beginning to build with the indexing tools and we are cracking through the backlog. Instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found on our wiki

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with repros) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
We may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!
  • Like 7

HI Folks,

Just another thanks - this has to be in the top 5 mods of all time - simply amazing... For those of us who use SP most of the time - it adds randomness to any mission since you really don't know where and when your going to encounter the enemy - vs the traditional scripted missions... It truly brings the environment ALiVE and I'm amazed every time I use it...

So - thank you ! I'll be sure to throw a few bucks in your coffer...

Any shot you could add "Unsung" factions to the Wiki ?

Also some questions about randomness - every time you "start" a mission with ALiVE - are the same exact steps repeated by the AI commanders at the opening sequences of a mission ? If so - do the results vary - meaning the outcomes of battles not influenced by the player have different results each time the mission is run ? How much randomness is there ?

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

meaning the outcomes of battles not influenced by the player have different results each time the mission is run ? How much randomness is there ?

Regards,

Scott

Yep! It's hard to measure the randomness but every single engagement has some dice roll aspects to ensure virtual battles are as close to real battles as possible. For example, a virtual tank will defeat a virtual infantry squad most of the time, but there is always a possibility for the infantry squad to defeat the tank (simulates the infantry squad having AT weapons).

• Like 3

Steam, why hast thou forsaken me!!  Damn Steam isn't updated yet :(

Looking forward to this update so I can begin work on a Tanoa based campaign. 

Steam, why hast thou forsaken me!!  Damn Steam isn't updated yet :(

Looking forward to this update so I can begin work on a Tanoa based campaign. 

Steam update will come soonâ„¢

Anyone else having an issue with the Logistics regarding calling in for a chopper (empty vehicle to be delivered to you on the battlefield).  Air-drops now work fast and very smooth, however, if I attempt to call in for a Helicopter to be delivered at my location I get the radio message (nice addition) confirming the request but then a few seconds later a message saying 'request denied' or 'not enough available', or something to that effect.

I have everything set up as it should be, logistics even set to infinite.  

????

Can you reproduce this with debug enabled on both the player resupply and mil logistics modules and post the rpt back here? Thanks

I am having trouble spawning civilians on "Koplic" map.

They just refuse to spawn.

Is this map still supported?

It actually was updated recently - for the most part ALiVE still works although some objects have been moved (not sure about objectIDs) so it might not detect all locations.  Groups will spawn and CQB still works.. didn't test the civs myself but I assume it's because of the changes.  It's been added to the list to be re-indexed.

edit:  nvm I see it has been re-indexed

https://github.com/ALiVEmod/alive/issues/212

So no civilians spawn at all?

Location of sample Tanoa mission for forensic analysis?

Never mind... look harder in the missions.pbo next time.

​OK... back to square one.  Cant do anything with the mission after cracking it out of the PBO to look at in the editor.  Can we get a standalone copy to look at?

​GitHub!!!

• Like 1

It actually was updated recently - for the most part ALiVE still works although some objects have been moved (not sure about objectIDs) so it might not detect all locations.  Groups will spawn and CQB still works.. didn't test the civs myself but I assume it's because of the changes.  It's been added to the list to be re-indexed.

I can confirm that civilians don't spawn on Koplic. Tested today and had the same problem.

• Like 1

They don't spawn anywhere on the map.

Done. Though it actually is in the reindexing list so I take it they are aware it needs a reindex. I linked the map and version number just to be safe though. :)

So I see it's a Makhno map. :( I have nothing but problems with Makhno maps, reindexed or not.