ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

They only have motorized and leg groups. They use the new LTV thingy for moto.

Wallpaper above is kinda wrong too. They've got different guns that are AR-15 variants of a sort, not the 6.5mm guns from Altis, though NATO in the Pacific still use these weapons with green skins.

The CTRG and Viper team uniforms are NV/IR suppressive too as opposed to the basic unis, so pretty stealthy at night even against enemies with NV or IR.

• Like 1

For custom islands, you can either index the map yourself:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

I  trying to index my island.

1st i cant find 2d editor anymore.

So i start eden and i follow the instructions for indexing my island.

when the indexing module beggins , a dos window pop and after 3 sec says that the job is finished.

when i press any button , the window closes and after 2 secs arma crash to desktop.

i open the folder @alive\blahblah....\indexing\myisland\x and i see 2 files , objects.myisland.sqf and parsed.objects.myisland.sqf with 0 bytes (empty files)

any help?

This would be more of a question for Tupolov, Friznit and Marceldev. I had issues with the indexer too but I know it works for a lot of people so hopefully someone will pop in and lend you a hand.

I  trying to index my island.

1st i cant find 2d editor anymore.

So i start eden and i follow the instructions for indexing my island.

when the indexing module beggins , a dos window pop and after 3 sec says that the job is finished.

when i press any button , the window closes and after 2 secs arma crash to desktop.

i open the folder @alive\blahblah....\indexing\myisland\x and i see 2 files , objects.myisland.sqf and parsed.objects.myisland.sqf with 0 bytes (empty files)

any help?

Try this http://alivemod.com/forum/2188-indexing-gets-stuck-on-generating-sector-data. Not sure if it helps with the crashes but I don't think anyone has been able to reproduce them unfortunately.

NOTE: Open the RPT in Baretail - ensure the log is being updated. If it is stuck on Generating Sector Data then you will need to copy the scripts/x folder into your mission folder (C:\My Documents\Arma 3\missions\index.yourmap).

Try this http://alivemod.com/forum/2188-indexing-gets-stuck-on-generating-sector-data. Not sure if it helps with the crashes but I don't think anyone has been able to reproduce them unfortunately.

edit: the above link need user and pass......

where can i find the rpt?  appdata or alive?

in appdata there is nothing for indexing errors

and in alive txt (not rpt) all seems fine.....no errors

just a game crash after press any button in dos window, and 0 size on created files

I doubt this will solve your problem but SavageCDN has reported some users had success pressing the up arrow key when asked to press any key to get past the crashing.

edit: the above link need user and pass......

where can i find the rpt?  appdata or alive?

in appdata there is nothing for indexing errors

and in alive txt (not rpt) all seems fine.....no errors

just a game crash after press any button in dos window, and 0 size on created files

Just skip the RPT thing and go straight to the scripts folder in your mission.

Say you're trying to put the Syndikat fellas in an ALiVE spawn module... what would the over all group class name be?  

Just skip the RPT thing and go straight to the scripts folder in your mission.

there is not scripts in my mission folder (index.myisland).Just the mission.sqf

Thank you for this great mod.

After the last update i can't use pre- placed helis as transport helicopters.

Im using this in its init (have worked until the last update):

"this setvariable ["CS_TYPE","TRANSPORT"];"

im getting this error in the rpt:

"Error in expression < (_slingloading) then {
_containers = [ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers,_faction,>
Error position: <ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers,_faction,>
Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_factiondefaultcontainers

File x\alive\addons\sup_combatsupport\fnc_combatSupport.sqf, line 360"

In allmost every mission i use alive, i pre- place the helis, as i can customize its payload and pilots. So hope you can solve this.

Also using RHS arty, i can't get the arty alive support to fire more tha one round at a time. If i try to ask for 3 or more arty rounds only one arty round hits the ground.

Sixt

I'm also getting alot of errors

eCMf8VU.jpg

IGkOIGv.jpg

RLRzatJ.jpg

C0oCuRa.jpg

Is anyone else getting this?

Edit: Is it possible to hide this black error box? Stuff seems to be working, but the box shows up all the time.

Cheers!

Errors are only visible in the editor, not actual gameplay. I do not believe they can be disabled.

Those errors are almost too vague to fix, can you please post your RPT so we can get more information, thanks.

Also, are these only showing up on mission init (specifically the first error you posted).

Thank you for this great mod.

After the last update i can't use pre- placed helis as transport helicopters.

Im using this in its init (have worked until the last update):

"this setvariable ["CS_TYPE","TRANSPORT"];"

im getting this error in the rpt:

"Error in expression < (_slingloading) then {
_containers = [ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers,_faction,>
Error position: <ALIVE_factionDefaultContainers,_faction,>
Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_factiondefaultcontainers

File x\alive\addons\sup_combatsupport\fnc_combatSupport.sqf, line 360"

In allmost every mission i use alive, i pre- place the helis, as i can customize its payload and pilots. So hope you can solve this.

Also using RHS arty, i can't get the arty alive support to fire more tha one round at a time. If i try to ask for 3 or more arty rounds only one arty round hits the ground.

Sixt

Fixed, thank you.

Using the Advanced marker placement key combo on the mapscreen as an admin causes you to teleport to that position, is there any way to turn it off?

Running a dedicated server on your local machine is super simple. I'm an idiot and if I can do it so can you! :)

Check out this link with some steps using the community made TADST tool: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ALiVE_Data

Hey Heroes. How u been ? :)

I had a look at that method when you told me some time back. Being noob in anything MP/server related, I just want to know tht once all the steps are done, can I play the mission in offline mode (without internet) and start like the normal Multiplayer LAN game and for saving I'll use the password as highlighted in the tutorial? Coz TADST would be running on my system anyway. Right?

Hey Heroes. How u been ? :)

I had a look at that method when you told me some time back. Being noob in anything MP/server related, I just want to know tht once all the steps are done, can I play the mission in offline mode (without internet) and start like the normal Multiplayer LAN game and for saving I'll use the password as highlighted in the tutorial? Coz TADST would be running on my system anyway. Right?

Hey ArmaMan! I'm good. I hope all is well on your end too.

So if I'm understanding you, you want to use the dedicated server tool and save your mission via ALiVE's War Room, but remain offline? No I don't think that's going to be possible. War Room and your server need to talk to each other, which is what makes saving your progress possible, and for that you'd need an Internet connection.

I going to assume LAN, a MP environment that doesn't benefit from saving/loading, is also going to require Internet too.

I'm not sure what your living situation is, but to get the most out of ALiVE, you'd need to be online. Now, some ALiVE missions can be played offline in SP (all of them technically can but I'll cover that in a second). I have one in my signature (The Contractor). That should save and load ok. It's a hostage rescue mission that's you could probably best in an hour. I use only some elements of the mod but so I don't see any reason why you couldn't play that. Others such as Jcae2798 also have some missions available that function the same way: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192331-the-hunt-ver2-fully-dynamic-full-map-mission/

But for full blown ALiVE featured stuff, the amount of data required wouldn't necessarily prevent you from playing in SP, per say, but you really shouldn't be trying to load it. It will most likely crash or cause problems. I disable SP saving in my full-map missions (such as Prophet, Inshallah, etc) for this very reason. I really don't want anyone to even try it but of course, whether it's those, your own or someone else's, do so at your own risk.

If you need any additional clarification on getting the server set up though, let me know. It's pretty easy. Assuming your internet situation is ok.

Damn. I have followed the quickstart tutorial and ALIVE keeps spawning CSAT in my BLUFOR base. I set up the marker, added blacklist to OPFOR placement and TAOR to BLUFOR placement. Syched it up and it refuses to work properly for me.

I just do not understand why.

Also: how can I use the OPFOR FIA and Syndikat? ALIVE keeps compiling they don't have units in all of the categories.

The way I do it is I place a small marker around my base. I usually call it NOCIV1

Then, in every module for the enemy side and civ side, and all relevant modules like the CQB module, I write NOCIV1 in the blacklist line. If multiple places need blacklisting, seperate by a comma without spaces. Example: NOCIV1,NOCIV2

Etc.

Now, with the marker itself, make sure you are actually changing the marker's name and not accidentally just added the text. The marker will default to something like marker22 or something. Change that to NOCIV1 or whatever your equivalent is in every enemy module that has blacklisting options.