ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Here's an idea I had:

My script JEBUS saves a group, complete with full load out and vehicles to be spawned and respawned later. So I can have CUP units dressed in FoxFort Camo with NIArms weapons driving Burnes Huskies if I want (to use an extreme example).

My question is: Would it be possible to use a similar script to "register" a group with ALIVE Military Placement?

It would save a lot of mucking about with configs and allow non-ALIVE compliant units to be used.

AFAIK unit configs must be declared using a static faction file not via in-game script.  See here for more info:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Declaring_Faction_Mappings

Alive Menu issues.

Hello community since the 1.60 update no matter what i try i cannot get the alive menu to work. i can however talk to pilot on the transport option and then it brings up the tablet. remapping to 20 and app key does not work and all i get is a beep when pressed.

I have the latest build of alive and CBA so can anyone help me. Is their any known mods to conflict with alive?

Thanks in advance.

The most common cause of this is outdated @alive or @cba_a3 - make sure both of these are the latest versions.

CBA_A3 - 2.4.1.160606
ALiVE -  1.0.7.1606161

If you re-map user key 20 to App Menu you need to restart Arma for the changes to take effect.

Other than that I suppose it could be a mod conflict - please list the mods you are running.

Is there a known bug with artillery only firing a limited number of rounds?  For example, I place both a Rocket and Artillery units, and ask to send 12 rounds, and it only shoots 2 or 4 rounds at a time...

Example i am using is:

this setvariable ["CS_TYPE","ARTY"];
this setvariable ["CS_CALLSIGN","Rainman One"];
this setvariable ["CS_CODE","this setFuel 0';"];

Placed down one unit and added that to INIT field...

Is there a known bug with artillery only firing a limited number of rounds?  For example, I place both a Rocket and Artillery units, and ask to send 12 rounds, and it only shoots 2 or 4 rounds at a time...

Example i am using is:

this setvariable ["CS_TYPE","ARTY"];
this setvariable ["CS_CALLSIGN","Rainman One"];
this setvariable ["CS_CODE","this setFuel 0';"];
Placed down one unit and added that to INIT field...

That's possible. Someone just asked on ALiVE forums: http://alivemod.com/forum/2156-arty-question

Unfortunately, I don't have too much experience with ARTY units but SavageCDN's suggestion in the link might be worth a try:

You can set the amount of ammo (per type) for arty support so I'm going to guess that they do NOT re-supply automagically.. although I've never tested this myself. You could just bump up the initial numbers in the module (ie: the default is 30 rounds IIRC.).

Thanks.  TO be clear however, for example, i tested with rockets for example.  Right from mission start, i asked to shoot 12 rockets...and notice it fires only 4....so looking at the unit....it still has plenty of rockets left.  So again to be clear, its not a out of ammo issue.  If i ask again to request more, it will again shoot, but limited rounds.

I know when you use the modules, it spawns 3 units at once rather then one.  So not sure if its designed to spread the request across 3 units (4x4x4 = 12)...but since i need more control of where the unit is placed, using the modules doesnt work for me.

Thanks.  TO be clear however, for example, i tested with rockets for example.  Right from mission start, i asked to shoot 12 rockets...and notice it fires only 4....so looking at the unit....it still has plenty of rockets left.  So again to be clear, its not a out of ammo issue.  If i ask again to request more, it will again shoot, but limited rounds.

I know when you use the modules, it spawns 3 units at once rather then one.  So not sure if its designed to spread the request across 3 units (4x4x4 = 12)...but since i need more control of where the unit is placed, using the modules doesnt work for me.

Hmmm.... try using vanilla mortars (BLU_F, OPF_F) and don't put anything in the init lines.  Request 12 rounds - does it only fire 4 again?

Using vanilla mortars I get the same result. It's like it dividing the number of rounds by 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

AFAIK unit configs must be declared using a static faction file not via in-game script.  See here for more info:

I understand that's the way things work now.

What I'm suggesting is that we utilise the ability to make custom groups with custom loadouts in the editor and be able to add them to ALIVE so that Military Placement could deploy them.

I understand that's the way things work now.

What I'm suggesting is that we utilise the ability to make custom groups with custom loadouts in the editor and be able to add them to ALIVE so that Military Placement could deploy them.

This would require some heavier changes since ALiVE doesn't persist individual units and their loadouts. You can either code some stuff yourself and open a pull request or submit a feature request on the github page.

• Like 2

This would require some heavier changes since ALiVE doesn't persist individual units and their loadouts. You can either code some stuff yourself and open a pull request or submit a feature request on the github page.

Yeah, I suspected that might be the response, but no harm in asking.....

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

I normally use ALiVE but I don't think this is related... If I order reinforcements - ALiVE delivers them as it should - how to I get them to merge with my group so I can give them orders - there must be a keystroke or menu item - right ? I know there is a "join" in scripts but this is dynamic...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

I normally use ALiVE but I don't think this is related... If I order reinforcements - ALiVE delivers them as it should - how to I get them to merge with my group so I can give them orders - there must be a keystroke or menu item - right ? I know there is a "join" in scripts but this is dynamic...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

When using Logistics to call in reinforcements, there's an option to have them join your group.

• Like 1

Hi Hero,

Thanks - I'll look more closely...

Regards,

Scott

Note to all map makers out there: if you obfuscate, ALiVE cannot index. If you really feel that obfuscating a map addon is strictly necessary, please consider providing an non-obfuscated version for the ALiVE dev team.

• Like 3

question

on client side, i need to run the server mod?

because the missions not loading .Arma3 freeze waiting for some alive mod...

i m not in front of my pc (i will post the rpt later)

also , can i make missions on custom islands ?

@aliveserver only goes on the server, and is only used if you've registered your server on ALiVE's War Room page. If none of this applies to you, you don't ever need to use it.

For custom islands, you can either index the map yourself:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

Or use just the CQB module to generate some ambient soldiers. A map needs to be indexed for ALiVE to spawn Military Placement (military objective) and Military Placement (civilian objective) units, as well ambient civilians, etc. So although you can use some of the features without a proper indexing, you wouldn't be able to use a lot of what the mod has to offer.

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.1.0

Apex Features!
We're as excited by the Apex release as everyone else and have been working hard to ensure ALiVE supports the expansion. This major release brings compatability with Apex and the Tanoa map as well as new features, major overhauls of existing functionality and several fixes and tweaks. ALiVE modules now allow mission makers to choose the APEX factions. The appropriate faction vehicles, weapons and supplies are spawned where necessary along with faction groups. ALiVE also includes a map index of Tanoa in order for ALiVE AI commanders to operate throughout the AO. Many thanks to the Bohemia Interactive and specifically their Tools Commissioner Julien Vida for providing us with a critical data export to enable this.

Military Logistics Overhaul
Tupolov has been elbows deep in the Logistics code. Military Logistics and the associated Player Combat Logistics requests have been reworked to be more streamlined and reliable. When the Virtual AI Commander requests Battle Casualty Replacements, the Logistics Commander will determine the best method of delivery to the front line dependent on the route and type of units requested. For example, if there is water in the way he will prefer airborne insertion using transport helicopters, slingloading light vehicles and dropping infantry.

Combat Support Transport helicopters can now sling load light vehicles giving more flexibility to players. When placing the Transport module, mission editors can select whether the helicopter is capable of sling loading. Note that the ability to lift objects and vehicles is still dependent on the size and weight - a littlebird will not be able to lift a tank! A number of cargo boxes will automatically be added that can be filled with kit and underslung for convenience (we're aware that this may not be to everyone's taste but it's a placeholder until we figure out a slicker method of providing slingable transport crates). Before ordering a transport heli to pick up an object, players should take care to ensure the surrounding area is clear so the AI pilot knows which object to pick up. It helps to put a marker on the map over the object to be lifted to assist with accurate selection. As this is a new feature it is prone to bugs so please report any issues on our bug tracker on github.

Virtual Battle Overhaul
SpyderBlack has introduced the first part of a major enhancement to the virtual battles between profiled units. The relative strength of units is now taken into account in every engagement and virtual entities will take damage and casualties as the battle progresses, so even if they defeat the enemy they may be in a reduced state. The overall outcome is that virtual battles tend to be longer, larger in scale and players can immediately see the impact when units spawn into the visual world. Additionally, AI Commanders can now task air units to provide Close Air Support for virtual battles and future plans include the ability to request artillery and reinforcements from nearby units to assist in the battle.

Intelligence
We are working on developing more feedback to players to indicate what is going on behind the scenes in the Virtual world. Eventually this will take the form of an Intelligence Overhaul, reworking the rather disjointed map indications into a more realistic and comprehensive intel suite integrated into the C2ISTAR tablet. For now though, we have added some indications of when a virtual battle is taking place so players know where to go to get in on the action.

More Maps
Friznit has been working closely with members of the community to index more maps. The momentum is really beginning to build with the indexing tools and we are cracking through the backlog. New maps indices have been added for Diyala, Sugar Lake, Nogova, Sarugao A3, Bozcaada and of course Tanoa. We have also updated the indices for N'Ziwasogo v0.94, Al Rayak v0043. More to follow soon! Instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found on our wiki

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Join the War Room Now!

Release Highlights

• Added BIS radio messages to Combat & Logistics Support Requests
  • Added ability to delete SITREPs and Patrol Report markers (Default Shift+Del). Reports will be removed from notes after mission restart
  • Military Logistics overhauled
  • Virtual AI battle mechanics overhauled
  • Added Map Indices: Diyala, Sugar Lake, Nogova, Sarugao A3, Bozcaada, Tanoa
  • Re-indexed: N'Ziwasogo v0.94, Al Rayak v0043
  • Enhanced Virtual AI spawning speed and fluidity
  • See full commit history on Github

Known Issues & Support
    Known Issues list is on Github. Specifically:

1. Slingloading is still a bit wonky in places. Disable it in the module options if you prefer to wait until we've spent more time on it.
    2. Tanoa Index occasionally spawns helis inside the terminal buildings. If it's a problem, disable ambient vehicle spawns at these locations for now.
    3. New Apex Gendarmarie faction doesn't appear to be spawning (defaults to CSAT). We're looking into it.

If you find anymore please post them up on Github or discuss on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
    Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
    ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux-dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
    Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
    We may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
    Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!
  • Like 13

Congratulations on this latest release - thanx for all the man hours the ALiVE team and its testers put in!!  :hyper:

Is the RHS GREF faction working for ALIVE at this point in time?

This looks like a great patch.  I've been waiting for Tanoa and several of the other maps that are now indexed.  Great work ALiVE team!

You wonderful people!! Thanks for the update. Really pleased about the virtual battle overhaul, those enhancements sound awesome. Great work all. 

Also, just to note, I haven't had any issues using RHS GREF so far. 

• Like 1

This sounds awesome, thanks very much guys!

I'm especially excited to mess around with the Logistics update; thanks friznit!

Also, having profiled units take damage is a great idea... that'll add to the immersion big time.

• Like 2

Still the best mod for this game. I'd probably have given up on the title if it weren't for you guys.

• Like 3

Is the RHS GREF faction working for ALIVE at this point in time?

The guy doing the compat faction mappings for them is currently waiting for the next RHS update, due to some important issues like duplicate group classes.