ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

7 hours ago, reaper lok said:

Does anyone here know if I need to do anything specific to ensure my Headless Client functionality on a dedicated server.  Our server does have Headless Client (I have been told it is set-up and active).

All I have done is use the drop down menu inside the ALiVE Module to set Ai from SERVER to HEADLESS CLIENT.  Do I need to do anymore steps to make sure I am using it correctly?

Thanx in advance.

I'm pretty sure you need to place the headless client module down in your mission, and configure the module.

Check the Alive site for more details. Alivemod.com

Good day Alive devs. Your mod is just the best and now with new pre release version its just perfect. Thank you very much!

I have a question. With Orbat i try to modify RHS AFRF faction, but when i do export faction instead of all russian names in config text i get uknown simbols, so after all names are unreadable. Tested with latest stable alive and only RHS. Any advice please?

Is there any backup documentation? The alive website is down. Mostly I need the scripting snippets and it's been down for like two days.

Typically, I was literally using it when it went down! lol. I had just come back to a mission I'm working on after taking a break too. That timing.

EDIT: using web archive to see it. But probably best that the alive folks know their site is down. Been a good few days now

EDIT2: And it's back 😄

• Like 1

Hey all, with CUP 2.0 being released on Tuesday (see link below) will these maps need to be re-indexed to support Alive?

• Like 1

Correct me if i'm wrong but in newest Alive 1.11.5.2001291 Military CQB synced to Asymmetric AI Commander causes infinite loading screen...

For some time I also have problems with MACC not spawning enemies when flying planes (helos work fine)...

I've got 2 pictures of Alive Schematic Map Layout (probably from mod's wiki page) and CQB module is always synced to something (though I also use it not synced to anything): to Military AI Commander in case of asymmetric setup or to objectives modules (military, civilian,custom) in case of conventional warfare. Can anyone confirm this infinite loading screen when CQB is synced to asymmetric commander?..

And from what I know MACC module should also be synced to Military AI Commander.

edit:

I just made a simple test, basic mission on Stratis with only CBA and ALIVE running and yes, CQB synced to ass commander causes infinite loading screen in ALIVE latest pre-release 1.11.5. And when flying planes enemies on the ground are not spawned since ALIVE 1.11.4.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:55 AM, loopdk said:

That modul is not to be synch

That's incorrect, for an insurgency you can (and should) sync the CQB module to the insurgent commander.

Even in the wiki it says 

To enhance immersion, it is recommended to sync both Military IED and Military CQB to the AI Commander module.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there an ETA on when Virolahti - Valtatie 7 map will be indexed?

21 hours ago, TPM_Aus said:

Is there an ETA on when Virolahti - Valtatie 7 map will be indexed?

If you are in a rush you can always use the tools provided to index the map yourself.  The ALiVE Modules section within the EDITOR has the Map Indexing module.  You can also do a quick YOUTUBE search for how to do this 🙂

• Like 1

@All: this year I gave the saving of custom variables a try (again!) but once more with no luck.  I tried to execute the code from debug console running my mission on dediated server.  All the other ALIVE saving & loading operations work as desired.  My intention is to save the variables/player stats from RAVAGE and Vandeason's Apocalypse and I used the code from the ALIVE WIKI for saving in local environment (saving set to local database). While each variant of the saving commands I executed returned "true" in the console window, none of the loading code variants had any effect. Hopefully someone here can give me directions on how to improve  my code:

Spoiler

["hunger",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
_value = "hunger" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;  

["thirst",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
_value = "thirst" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;  

["radiation",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
_value = "radiation" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;

["Vand_isbleeding",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
_value = "Vand_isbleeding" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;  

["Vand_blood",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
_value = "Vand_blood" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;  

["Vand_infected",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
_value = "Vand_infected" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;  

PACKAGE FOR SAVING TRIGGER OR DEBUG CONSOLE EXECUTION:

["hunger",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
["thirst",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
["radiation",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
["Vand_isbleeding",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
["Vand_blood",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
["Vand_infected",_value] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;

PACKAGE FOR SAVING NAMED VALUES TRIGGER OR DEBUG CONSOLE EXECUTION:

["hunger",_value_hunger] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
["thirst",_value_thirst] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
["radiation",_value_rads] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
["Vand_isbleeding",_value_bleed] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
["Vand_blood",_value_blood] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
["Vand_infected",_value_infect] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;

PACKAGE FOR LOADING SAVEGAME TRIGGER OR DEBUG CONSOLE EXECUTION:

_value = "hunger" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value = "thirst" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value = "radiation" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value = "Vand_isbleeding" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value = "Vand_blood" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value = "Vand_infected" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;

PACKAGE FOR LOADING NAMED VARS SAVEGAME TRIGGER OR DEBUG CONSOLE EXECUTION:

_value_hunger = "hunger" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value_thirst = "thirst" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value_rads = "radiation" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value_bleed = "Vand_isbleeding" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value_blood = "Vand_blood" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value_infect = "Vand_infected" call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;

ALTERNATIVE SYNTAX WITH [] PACKAGE FOR LOADING SAVEGAME TRIGGER OR DEBUG CONSOLE EXECUTION:

_value = ["hunger"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value = ["thirst"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value = ["radiation"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value = ["Vand_isbleeding"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value = ["Vand_blood"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value = ["Vand_infected"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;

OR

_value_hunger = ["hunger"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value_thirst = ["thirst"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value_rads = ["radiation"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value_bleed = ["Vand_isbleeding"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value_blood = ["Vand_blood"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;
_value_infect = ["Vand_infected"] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceLoad;

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3
Release 1.12.1

Civilian Interaction
Since we added the civilian population enhancements, there has been a great demand to integrated Spyderblack's Civ Interaction mod into ALiVE.  This enables players to stop, search, detain and question civilians about the local situation, with a chance that they will give hints into enemy forces or insurgent activity in the area.  Asymmetric operations are now more immersive than ever, with civilians playing a key role.  We've also added several quality of life improvements based on player feedback, a long list of newly indexed maps and some underlying performance improvements, in particular CQB which is one of the oldest modules in the mod.

Note that unfortunately we cannot index Livonia DLC map until BIS releases it as a pbo

Release Highlights

• Ambient Civ Pop: integrated advanced civilian interaction by Spyderblack
  • Combat Support & C2ISTAR: added partial-matching support for required items
  • Mil CQB: added a new field to allow custom static weapon classnames
  • Virtual AI Module: added a separate spawn range option for UAVs and allow for spawn ranges to change after mission start
  • Lots of new maps indexed - big shout out to @Diveyez and @bradon
  • Several performance improvements and "feature refinements" (bug fixes), including CQB module and ORBAT Creator.
  • Appeased the Wang
  • See full commit history on Github

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available on Steam Workshop (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with vanilla repros please) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/ or join us on Discord

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Have fun!

ALiVE War Room is Hosted By

logo.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I stand before you... appeased ❤️ 

Great stuff as always 

• Like 2

Has anyone managed to get player placed objects to persist from session to session. I have tried using ACE Fortify & ACE Extensions to try and place those objects down but they won't no matter what I try persist across sessions. Is there something I am missing?

4 hours ago, LJFox said:

Has anyone managed to get player placed objects to persist from session to session. I have tried using ACE Fortify & ACE Extensions to try and place those objects down but they won't no matter what I try persist across sessions. Is there something I am missing?

https://gist.github.com/shadez95/ba99e7674d2b9593fc859b2dd59bd389

Above is link to a github script set to get ACEX fortifications working with ALiVE persistence. If you don't want the 'budget' just use the initPlayerLocal.sqf and ignore the others.  Sometimes things will not save but for the most part it works very well for us. We use it a lot to make forward operating bases or camps behind enemy lines and needing resupply it. Creates a cool logistics dynamic. ACE Extension wont save as far as I know but a clever workaround is to just add those items into your ACEX Fortify configuration and place it like that.  In fact any item you put using ACEX fortify should save just fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The USS Freedom works with ALiVE Air Component Commander Module to launch Aircraft when called for but does the USS Nimitz work as well?  I ask because I tried it but was unsuccessful substituting the Nimitz, if you have been successful please post.  I have contacted TeTeT and can't determine why it does not work but using ALiVE example missions and substituting the Nimitz it  seems to have issues with both the Virtualization Module not re spawning planes on deck and Air Component not recognizing Nimitz as a runway launch.

Thanks,

Vengeance

Wait ALIVE works with the USS freedom? Just planes or helicopters to?

Also what maps have been updated added? Is the goggle docs spreadsheet current?

ALiVE Air Component works with all ARMA 3 Aircraft and Helo's at any Airport and/or USS Freedom. 

Why are the ambient sounds ( which are awesome btw) tied to the civilian crowd function ? I would like to disable the crowds but if I do so ambient sound stop working 😕

Hi, i seem to have an issue with my map in game when using this mod, the ability to scroll in or out, click and drag or select items such as sector voting in the WARLORDS game is erratic, actually its mostly non responsive, after uninstalling all mods i played vanilla + Alive with CBA and the issue persists, uninstalling Alive resolves the issue, i have all DLC installed except for Global Mobilization and the sound track, anyone else having the same issue?

17 hours ago, katipo66 said:

Hi, i seem to have an issue with my map in game when using this mod, the ability to scroll in or out, click and drag or select items such as sector voting in the WARLORDS game is erratic, actually its mostly non responsive, after uninstalling all mods i played vanilla + Alive with CBA and the issue persists, uninstalling Alive resolves the issue, i have all DLC installed except for Global Mobilization and the sound track, anyone else having the same issue?

I attempted to add the ALiVE mod Civilian Modules so that I could access the ambient sounds but it broke my Warlords Game Mode.  The mission started well but as soon as the Ai needed to move to the second objective nothing happened.  My guess is that ALiVE and Warlords do not play well together.

Seems much of the time that I can't locate remove button (explosive charge) for road blocks.  Seems if  the road block is hit with rockets, or some such ordinance, it destroys the remove option.  This is also true if game is saved with roadblock positions - can't get rid of them.

If there another way to remove these roadblocks?  I like the persistence of roadblocks and installations, but I'll have to turn that option off if not another way to remove road blocks.

Thanks and good day!
DrDetroit

Hey all.  When I place AI in the editor that are patrolling, is there a way for them to keep the patrolling mode (eg walking) when they come out of virtualisation when in game?

For example, a group of AI placed in the editor are patrolling between point A and B.  They are patrolling at a walking pace (tested without alive).  When I start the mission, they are in their virtual state and moving on the map.  When I teleport myself to within the spawning range (1200m) they appear and patrol at a jogging pace (gun up, like they are in contact).

Apologies if i sound like a whiny kid but Iv had this problem for months when using the ORBAT. I keep getting the same error when i try to run the game with the exported faction in the add on section, its extremely frustrating as these factions take nearly 3 days to create, iv had to delete them then remake them multiple times. Could someone please help me as i want to make a RMC faction, RAF, RAF regiment RN and so on.  Asked this question on the ALIVE forum months ago and no one has replied , posted it on reddit and no one replied either, I even uninstalled and reinstalled ARMA twice hopefully someone here could help me out or redo it for me. (sorry for the crap quality) sorry for sounding so petty. Let me know if i should send you the folder or config etc. Please help

https://ibb.co/0BG6Lcc

https://ibb.co/rpSWxFn