ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

4 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Air craft spawning is a separate dropdown. Pretty sure it’s in the Military Placement Military Objective module. Try turning that to off/no.

Though they shouldn’t just be spawning in random places like that. Unless I messed up an index which I’ve been known to do with my fat fingers. 😞  You can thank Tupolov for fixing helo’s spawning in pubs all over the new GM DLC map. 🙂 What map is this?

haha a helo on top of a pub would be too convinient for me.

Well my Mil placements are already set to not spawn aircraft...i place empty jets,sync them to virtual profiler,and i place helo's with crew also synced.In military placement module,im sure its set to "place air units" = No.

This is on Altis.I am using an ORBAT faction,it is set up correctly though,as pilots board synced planes via MACC for various missions.

This happens when weighting is set to "random" from what i can tell

The interaction with civilian works fine thank you.

Got a question about this : Detect Virtual Units (Profiles) in a Trigger Area

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 500, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

If i understand the trigger will fire if there a east unit at 500 m from the trigger, its possible to do the same thing but that detect the EAST unit inside the trigger area ? cause im using a big area 8000 X 2000.

Or i should place 4 trigger with this line ?

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 2000, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

Cant wait for anyone indexing the new Livonia map :D
finally a proper woodland terrain that suits my interests ;)

oh, and a question...
would it be possible to make it possible for the AI commander to call in more units if in "invasion" mode so that it can eventually capture an entire island?
and also the possibility to set the aggressiveness of the AI commander..

and a Occupying commander focuses on setting up defence points.
guess this is things that would take a bit of time to code though.

the mod is superb and i feel it has almost unlimited potentials.
i would love to have the possibility for a scenario where the enemy AI is doing everything he can to hunt down every last enemy unit.

I found an odd issue with MACC...

If i have it paused via trigger at mission start,and then unpause it later,ATO's are given by MACC/Mil commander but they are never carried out by pilots(whom are spawned in). NO error message about unavailable assets either,both CAS and Fighter vanilla planes are up and ready on the carrier,synced to virtualize.If i dont pause/unpause MACC,theres no issue except the one written below.

Also after a while of figuring how to set up jets on USS Freedom,i noticed respawning(bcr's) jets are spawning in one position ,every 60 odd seconds,just causing an instant explosion.I have not tested this on an airfield yet,its probably something to do with the carrier but just wanted to point it out.

EDIT

Bit more info,these are hand plced and virtual profile synced assets (Buzzard/Gryphon's) ,respawning where i hand placed them but respawning on ONE position where i placed the initial jet down.

Attempting to index my map, and I appear stuck on the "Generating Sector Data" part (according to the rpt). No movement in my map screen for the last hour. Can't close the map either. Is it suppose to take this long on a 8km by 8km map? I've left Arma open as well, not tabbed out.

Are the GM factions (east and west germany) still not working?

Im trying to use their classnames, gm_ge_army and gm_gc_army but they arnt being recognized. 

10 hours ago, dragonfire43560 said:

Are the GM factions (east and west germany) still not working?

Im trying to use their classnames, gm_ge_army and gm_gc_army but they arnt being recognized. 

No. They are not configured to BI faction standards (no clue why BI didn’t enforce this since it’s official DLC). 

• Confused 1

Is Chongo, Angola by Icebreaker indexed?

If not, does anyone have a personal index?

Much appreciated.

Anyone know how to add AI vehicles to persistance so their location is saved (local) without syncing them to the Virtual AI module? I do not want them virtualized, only save their position.

Not sure if this is a known issue (I did read back many pages and also check the alive mod.com forums prior to this post), but I am not seeing parachutes attached to vehicles that have been requested and dropped via the Player Combat Logistics system.

Ammo etc arrives as it should (all be it without the sound effect of a passing plane as in versions past) with parachute and Red smoke grenade attached 🙂

Vehicles do appear, just without the immersion and just spawn on the ground at the exact place the marker was placed.  Any help is always appreciated.

Anyway to define what vehicles the logistics system will use? Currently have CSAT logi trucks used for Takistan Militia.

I'm having an issue with the combat support modules. I placed the modules down (Transport, CAS, Arty), they show up in server but Combat support doesn't show up as an option at all. I can walk up to them and "talk to pilot" but even if I have the required item (alive_tablet in this case), the supports aren't an option on a dedicated server. 

I have already tried, deleting them and re-syncing with no luck. Everything work when I test on LAN though.

30 minutes ago, KokayneKrayzie said:

I'm having an issue with the combat support modules. I placed the modules down (Transport, CAS, Arty), they show up in server but Combat support doesn't show up as an option at all. I can walk up to them and "talk to pilot" but even if I have the required item (alive_tablet in this case), the supports aren't an option on a dedicated server. 

I have already tried, deleting them and re-syncing with no luck. Everything work when I test on LAN though.

Did you check the prerequisite for use the Combat Support?
By default you need the Laser designator (Desert), but you can change the item in the Support Module requester

6 hours ago, MrStregatto said:

Did you check the prerequisite for use the Combat Support?
By default you need the Laser designator (Desert), but you can change the item in the Support Module requester

I changed all that for the Alive Tablet. As mentioned, everything is fine when I test on LAN. No issues at all, once im hosting on a dedicated server, the combat support function doesn't show (but I can still talk to pilot).

I have also tried the modules and having advanced placement (excluding those from virtualization). I can use the support on LAN but as soon as it is uploaded to the server...combat support option isn't there. My C2ISTAR and logistics modules use the same requirement of the alive tablet. Those two options are visible.

On 8/29/2019 at 4:38 PM, KokayneKrayzie said:

I have also tried the modules and having advanced placement (excluding those from virtualization). I can use the support on LAN but as soon as it is uploaded to the server...combat support option isn't there. My C2ISTAR and logistics modules use the same requirement of the alive tablet. Those two options are visible.

Check this thread for possible solutions:

http://alivemod.com/forum/2523-combat-support-on-local-vs-dedicated

Will Alive let me use key other than "app key" for the alive menu now?  I have been knowing alive for many years for now, but have never been able to use it since i couldn't get the tutorial finish smoothly, you know right, at one point where they teach you to bring up menu(i still don't know what alive menu act in gameplay)? When i looked it up online everyone having fun with Alive, which make me jealous. But when i changed the key and click the button, the "pon" kinda sound ring from my laptop's speaker, no menu, no change on the screen, nothing. I keybinded "p", "window hey", "enter", "esc", and even "primary mouse key", with no luck. The game left me with this kinda beep sound, which sounded "pon" or "tuun" to my ear.

So now it has been ~3 years already, so as of today, can you let me play Alive with other key? Right now I have latest alive, latest updates with latest cba, waiting to open. Btw it is a msi, my laptop, the old one which i bought 5-6 years ago, many dust in it, and no app key. I haven't tested, just want to know it let me play or not before i eventually get into the game and test it out myself, as i still don't have app key throughout all these years. Is alive menu openable on PC or laptop with non-appkey keyboard? I read whole FAQ, but it state as always been "just go into control>configure addon> addon alive. Or custom key 20. it says. I did all this, back in those years, only left with "pon".

This is my very sad story. wannabe happy. Will i be able to play alive

3 hours ago, Bukain said:

Will Alive let me use key other than "app key" for the alive menu now?  I have been knowing alive for many years for now, but have never been able to use it since i couldn't get the tutorial finish smoothly, you know right, at one point where they teach you to bring up menu(i still don't know what alive menu act in gameplay)? When i looked it up online everyone having fun with Alive, which make me jealous. But when i changed the key and click the button, the "pon" kinda sound ring from my laptop's speaker, no menu, no change on the screen, nothing. I keybinded "p", "window hey", "enter", "esc", and even "primary mouse key", with no luck. The game left me with this kinda beep sound, which sounded "pon" or "tuun" to my ear.

So now it has been ~3 years already, so as of today, can you let me play Alive with other key? Right now I have latest alive, latest updates with latest cba, waiting to open. Btw it is a msi, my laptop, the old one which i bought 5-6 years ago, many dust in it, and no app key. I haven't tested, just want to know it let me play or not before i eventually get into the game and test it out myself, as i still don't have app key throughout all these years. Is alive menu openable on PC or laptop with non-appkey keyboard? I read whole FAQ, but it state as always been "just go into control>configure addon> addon alive. Or custom key 20. it says. I did all this, back in those years, only left with "pon".

This is my very sad story. wannabe happy. Will i be able to play alive

Just read the menu, its written "need restart", so you need to restart the game to take effect after you customize the new keybind.

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

Great mod btw. Really enjoy making scenarios with ALiVE playing main role or side role (as filling the map with enemy or civilians). Just one question:

• Is there an up to date list of factions that work out of box with ALiVE ?

I'm looking to create a version of the insurgency template mission in Chernarus or some of Temppa's maps like Ruha. I would really want to use eastern european civilians, but none of the suitable civilian faction from the Wiki list seem to work. Either the civilians just don't appear, or then they appear in the standard Altis-style clothing. I tried with the CUP_C_CHERNARUS and couple different variations of faction names as I saw them spelled in the editor.

Orbatron faction will be the last chance, I guess. But that will require me to add one more 'mod' to the already lengthy list on the dedi.

Thanks anyway! 👍

34 minutes ago, specialsmith said:

Hi all,

Great mod btw. Really enjoy making scenarios with ALiVE playing main role or side role (as filling the map with enemy or civilians). Just one question:

• Is there an up to date list of factions that work out of box with ALiVE ?

I'm looking to create a version of the insurgency template mission in Chernarus or some of Temppa's maps like Ruha. I would really want to use eastern european civilians, but none of the suitable civilian faction from the Wiki list seem to work. Either the civilians just don't appear, or then they appear in the standard Altis-style clothing. I tried with the CUP_C_CHERNARUS and couple different variations of faction names as I saw them spelled in the editor.

Orbatron faction will be the last chance, I guess. But that will require me to add one more 'mod' to the already lengthy list on the dedi.

Thanks anyway! 👍

Factions names are all case sensitive, so check that first.

You can load a faction into the Orbatron to check that it has groups defined properly to work with ALiVE (it's what Orbatron was originally invented for!)

• Like 2

@specialsmith All of CUP should work just fine, easiest way to get the faction name is to place the unit, right click on it, go down to log and copy faction name to clipboard (just when you paste it make sure to remove the square brackets and quote marks 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 11:21 AM, friznit2 said:

Factions names are all case sensitive, so check that first.

You can load a faction into the Orbatron to check that it has groups defined properly to work with ALiVE (it's what Orbatron was originally invented for!)

Thanks! Will do. I guess I just lost hope as the civs didn't spawn time after time again. Probably just ArmA being ArmA, local bug or something. At least I got a confirmation from you guys that they _should_ indeed work.

Thanks a lot. Also to you @JD Wang  👍

Does anyone here know if I need to do anything specific to ensure my Headless Client functionality on a dedicated server.  Our server does have Headless Client (I have been told it is set-up and active).

All I have done is use the drop down menu inside the ALiVE Module to set Ai from SERVER to HEADLESS CLIENT.  Do I need to do anymore steps to make sure I am using it correctly?

Thanx in advance.