ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

12 hours ago, acoustic said:

Anyone else having an issue where the map intel is not showing "nearby friendly units" even with the radius set pretty high? All in the same faction as well. Referring to the BFT.

Hmm yeah it doesn’t seem to be working. At least not in one of my ops where I have the feature turned on.

If you’d like to open a ticket here, I’ll see if anyone wants to get assigned to see what’s going on:

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues

So im using two invasion commanders...i have them starting east and west respectively on the map..

one opcom is sending 4 groups to attack obj's while the other is sending 1...whats the reason for this?  i have tested and gave it time to send more groups but it never does...it has PLENTY of spare groups stationed at 3 different TAOR marker obj's(about a 200 company size,and at least 10 groups in TAOR).

i cant understand opcom behaviour here,im sure its just me doing something wrong,but i dont know what.

Any advice?

EDIT

This happens only for one of the two mil commanders,he is unable to send more than one group to distant(more than 5km away) objectives.

The characteristics for both the mil commanders are identical,yet one only sends a single group forward(possibly to recon?) but even then after that groups is killed ,opcom sends yet another single squad...makes no sense

OK it seems the reason for OPCOM sending one group was because the area was populated by enemy...if i remove enemy force by changing it to "objectives only",instead of place units,then opcom will send four groups..

which makes no sense to me because the other opcom has no problem sending four groups to his objectives even if there are enemy there,and 2nd...how does the first OPCOM mil commander even know about enemy there?

Sorry guys the wiki doesnt mention any of these details and its pretty hard to set up my mission correctly.

@redarmy @spyderblack723 is probably the guy in the know on this, but there are probably other important factors you’re leaving out, such as who’s objective modules are synced to whom, how many groups each size has, etc.

The default behavior I believe will also have groups keep at least one group back to occupy held objectives as well (pretty sure). So if they don’t have any other groups left after occupying the ones they have, I’m not sure they’ll make sending them out to take new ones a priority but I’m not 100% sure.

Remember, if you cut a map in half and have one side spawn in each side, that doesn’t mean each side will have the same number of groups/objectives even if the modules are identical. Maps are never symmetrical so objective counts are almost certainly different for each side.

Easiest way to test this is to reverse the factions in your modules. My best guess is what you’re seeing won’t change or change much (4 vs 1) so I don’t suspect this is is bug.

If you want more attack groups, spawn more groups for the side not sending enough, or give them more objectives on the enemy’s side of the map.

8 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@redarmy @spyderblack723 is probably the guy in the know on this, but there are probably other important factors you’re leaving out, such as who’s objective modules are synced to whom, how many groups each size has, etc.

The default behavior I believe will also have groups keep at least one group back to occupy held objectives as well (pretty sure). So if they don’t have any other groups left after occupying the ones they have, I’m not sure they’ll make sending them out to take new ones a priority but I’m not 100% sure.

Remember, if you cut a map in half and have one side spawn in each side, that doesn’t mean each side will have the same number of groups/objectives even if the modules are identical. Maps are never symmetrical so objective counts are almost certainly different for each side.

Easiest way to test this is to reverse the factions in your modules. My best guess is what you’re seeing won’t change or change much (4 vs 1) so I don’t suspect this is is bug.

If you want more attack groups, spawn more groups for the side not sending enough, or give them more objectives on the enemy’s side of the map.

Cheers man i posted in ALIVE forums..

yeah i understand what your sayng,the thing is the factions DO have enough groups...for example they send four groups to a different objective..

if i remove THAT objective and preview again,they STILL send one group to the objective that is held by enemy.

Its not a case of not enough groups.

Best example i can give...  BLU will send one group up to a custom OBJ i define by using an area logic,IF that logic is placed withing an enemy TAOR....If i move that logic 200 meters out of that TAOR,BLU will send 4 groups.....after BLU groups are KIA,and they now know its enemy held,they send 1 group over and over.I believe its a bug,i tested on a new mission,considering all factors.

i have read the wiki for this all night and am convinced its a bug.

@spyderblack723 possibly could help out,cheers man.

3 hours ago, redarmy said:

Cheers man i posted in ALIVE forums..

yeah i understand what your sayng,the thing is the factions DO have enough groups...for example they send four groups to a different objective..

if i remove THAT objective and preview again,they STILL send one group to the objective that is held by enemy.

Its not a case of not enough groups.

Best example i can give...  BLU will send one group up to a custom OBJ i define by using an area logic,IF that logic is placed withing an enemy TAOR....If i move that logic 200 meters out of that TAOR,BLU will send 4 groups.....after BLU groups are KIA,and they now know its enemy held,they send 1 group over and over.I believe its a bug,i tested on a new mission,considering all factors.

i have read the wiki for this all night and am convinced its a bug.

@spyderblack723 possibly could help out,cheers man.

I don’t doubt there might be a bug. But I’m having a hard time following it based on how you’re describing it. Can you rephrase it using a lot more detail? I may want a test mission for this but for now, can you just describe the bug in more detail?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I don’t doubt there might be a bug. But I’m having a hard time following it based on how you’re describing it. Can you rephrase it using a lot more detail? I may want a test mission for this but for now, can you just describe the bug in more detail?

sure man i just got time now...screenshots should highlight  issue..

https://pasteboard.co/If3Z83s.jpg  editor view of set up.Top modules are mil commanders,you can see the obj's they are linked to.

https://pasteboard.co/If3ZHa72.jpg check south east of Sofia...there is OBJ with NO units placed..only objectives,so both mil commanders set waypoints for virtualised groups to move to...good so far..

https://pasteboard.co/If40lgU.jpg in this photo,the same area,except this time IND have forces placed there instead of it being objectives only...and you can see BLU creates just one waypoint,smack bang in the middle of marker position,instead of sending 4 groups to move to general area...

you can also see Molos  town northof that,i placed a custom logic for BLU,999 importance,but because the area is occupied,BLU send only one group.

Also the screenshots should show there are a vast amount of BLU profiles all over the place,but it doesnt matter how many more i add,nothing works.

I have retested this on a vanilla game with CBA and ALIVE,its the same thing.

also retested by swapping out BLU for OPF entirely.

I tried placements on other areas of the map.

Theres not a lot here i can do to troubleshoot this by myself,as i have tried all i can think of.

Maybe these images will help you or the DEV team explain possible reasons for this or confirm its a bug.

Here if i switch the sides around on the map: https://pasteboard.co/If4irXz.jpg

you can see that BLU is now based in the east,attacking to the west,factions roles are reversed basically and BLU still send 1 group to all objectives..Both commanders set to invade

OK im unable to edit my above post,but i have discovered the issue...

and its quite a simple one,but no less confusing...simply put ALIVE behaves oddwith IND forces(AAF or others).

My screenshots above demonstrate the issue perfectly.If i use BLUFOR and OPFOR there is no issue,everything works fine.If IND are fighting either BLU or OPF,then the enemy of IND send one group to objectives that are held by enemy.

Tested with BLU/IND=broken  , IND/OPF=broken  ,  BLU/OPF= fine.

In editor settings,IND are set as hostile to both sides(tested hostile to just one side also). So i guess something with the set friend options are broken on Arma's side since update and its not playing nice with ALIVE or ALIVE has a bug with it.

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@redarmy this might be fixed internally. Can you download this PBO from @marceldev89 and replace it with the one in our release build and see if it fixes the issue?

http://alivemod.com/forum/4748-blu-opf-vs-ind-objective-status-solved/p1#p26894

Initial tests are  positive man! 

Looks ok so far,three tests back to back,two missions. Considering what it looked like before compared to now i would say its working perfectly.

Big thanks mate,for a moment i thought i'd have to ORBAT some OPFOR/BLUFOR factions again.

• Like 1

Does the AI commander use static artillery placed in the editor? Or should we allow mods like VCOM AI to do there thing?

Edit:

Also relating to VCOM AI, does the AI commander in ALIVE alert nearby groups at an objective that enemies are spotted by another group? VCOM AI has a reinforcements feature but I'd rather not conflict with ALIVE's Opcom on that.

17 minutes ago, acoustic said:

Does the AI commander use static artillery placed in the editor? Or should we allow mods like VCOM AI to do there thing?

Edit:

Also relating to VCOM AI, does the AI commander in ALIVE alert nearby groups at an objective that enemies are spotted by another group? VCOM AI has a reinforcements feature but I'd rather not conflict with ALIVE's Opcom on that.

I think you need VCOM for practical arty usage.

To your 2nd question it seems like ALIVE does do this,but its on every cycle of AI commander that it assess threats and calls for QRF(Quick reaction foces if im not mistaken),and therefore wouldnt respond as fast as VCOM would.

Got it.

Also, apparently the "Override ORBAT Loadout" feature on units is also not functioning. All my unit's loadouts are switched back to default if virtualized. No issue if not.

Is there a workaround for this in the short time between updates? As it's kinda mission breaking.

2 hours ago, acoustic said:

Got it.

Also, apparently the "Override ORBAT Loadout" feature on units is also not functioning. All my unit's loadouts are switched back to default if virtualized. No issue if not.

Is there a workaround for this in the short time between updates? As it's kinda mission breaking.

The feature is functioning as designed.  The override Orbat loadout is designed for non-virtualized units i.e. players or manually placed enemy units.  Anything that is virtualized by ALiVE is not going to be affected by any manual changes in the editor.  That would have to be changed via a script.

• Like 1

Has this always been the case? I could have swore I use to be able to manually place units, edit their loadout, and sync them to the Virtual AI module and they would maintain the changes. Weird.

Iv been reading up on mil logistics and reinforcement types.

I notice it talks about MIL OBJs as points for reinforcements,however i seem to recall seeing infantry and MRAPS parachuting in directly on top of a MIL CIV placement one time,that was reaaly awesome.

My question is what settings do i need for that kind of behavior?

Such as set in "force pool" and "reinforcement type"

Also does anyone know if using the various debug tools such as CQB or ALIVE virtual profiles options impacts performance? I was considering playing SP with these ON,but im not sure if they will affect Framerate.Im guessing they might so i wana know if so.

cheers

@redarmy Not sure on the logistics thing, but for debug, you can debug Virtual AI in game under module options in the ALiVE menu. No need to leave it on full time. For CQB, why do you want it debugged? To test or to make sure you fully cleared an area?

If the latter, you can reveal all units temporarily in the ALiVE menu in-game as well.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:59 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@redarmy Not sure on the logistics thing, but for debug, you can debug Virtual AI in game under module options in the ALiVE menu. No need to leave it on full time. For CQB, why do you want it debugged? To test or to make sure you fully cleared an area?

If the latter, you can reveal all units temporarily in the ALiVE menu in-game as well.

Thanks man it was a little confusing and as i was testing i got mixed results.

All gravy now. Is the ability to halt OPCOM not working do you know?

taken from wiki:

Halting OPCOM activity

The AI Commander can be stopped and started by syncing a trigger to the module. When all trigger states are TRUE, the Commander will commence attacking the next unsecured objective. If the trigger state returns to False, the Commander will complete any currently assigned objectives then stop. For example, this can be used to stop AI Commander if no players are present on the map.

I synced triggers to both Mil commanders with a radio Alpha activation but both commander still issued capture orders...Im basically just trying to delay both commanders from issuing orders before i can gear up.Wana join the first wave of attacks for my mission, so to speak.😉 

I must be doing something wrong. Is there a reason why my asymmetric forces spawn in AOs that I blacklist? 

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.10.1

Civilian Overhaul and more!
This release sees a massive overhaul of the Ambient Civilian functionality, making the streets, towns and battlefields of Arma even more ALiVE than before... If you haven't tried ALiVE Ambient Civilians, now is the time to try it out! Check out the 2 minute set up video here.

Thanks to community feedback and testing we noticed that Ambient Civilians and to some extent civilian insurgencies were not working as intended. Not only have we fixed those issues but we've massively improved the ambient civilian population functionality. This includes:

• Ambient Civilians now dynamically spawn and despawn around players in small or large urban areas to create a true feeling that villages and towns are ALiVE.
  • An additional layer of ambient civilians (crowds) now spawn and despawn from buildings around players, creating large numbers of civilians in built up areas.
  • Ambient Civilians and crowds will carry on with daily life, moving between buildings, visiting mosques, churches, shops, observing local forces and starting noisy crowds.
  • Civilians can now throw objects when they are upset or hostile.
  • Civilian crowds will cheer and boo with appropriate animations.  Thanks to IndeedPete for Arma 2 animations.
  • Civilians will now flee for cover if armed factions start shooting. Ambient civilians may scream in terror during combat.
  • Civilians will be more active during the day and less so at night.
  • More civilians will take journeys, turn on lights, play music and be more active.
  • BUT WAIT! There's more... thanks to AUTigerGrad and TPW we've added faction specific environment sounds too. When you enter villages and towns you will hear faction appropriate sounds of daily life.
  • Ambient civilian sounds are currently available for CUP and CFP African and Middle-East civilian factions as well as vanilla Arma 3 civilian factions.
  • A custom building sound system has been implemented, initially supporting call to prayer from minarets and mosques. This system can be extended to support any building type.
  • Number of civilians spawned from buildings, spawn radius and spawn limiter can be configured from the Ambient Civilian Population module.
  • Finally, rumour has it that Spyder's Civilian Interaction functionality is being ported into ALiVE to work with the updated Ambient Civilians...

Other highlights for this release include:

• Added support for the Global Mobilization terrain! Thanks to the GM team for their support!
  • Added support for the Kujari terrain.
  • Added the ability to define multiple items for access to Combat Support.
  • We have fixed an issue where ammo crates could not be unloaded from vehicles when called in via Player Resupply.
  • We have also fixed an issue where additional units were spawned in certain vehicles with gunners.
  • Fixed an issue where Independent sides were not treated equally
  • Removed blacklisted vehicles from roadblocks
  • Notification about ALiVE persistent markers only shows once now.

See full commit history on Github

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with vanilla repros please) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Have fun!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Fantastic @tupolov 

especially nice to see TPW Envoirment sounds.Iv honestly not even had a chance to look at ALIVE CIVs yet,but looking forward to doing it later.

Updates require modules to be totally removed and replaced in existing missions,is that rite?

Does civilians/insurgency work on Lythium now?

BIG THX for another massive feature expansion around the CIVS & the support for GM terrain - on top of the fast bugfixing!  :icon_dj:

1 hour ago, easyeb said:

Does civilians/insurgency work on Lythium now?

Yes, that was actually fixed in the last update, it was a broken index.

Fantastic work lads, I've been following the updates on github daily. To me this is ALiVE 2.0

@tupolov love your work, thanks for all the changes you made ❤️