ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

1 hour ago, redarmy said:

OH maybe that was it....As viewing the units through Zeus did show the vehicles as OPFOR,but through ALIVE tablet shows IND.I thought it was normal.

I didnt see an option in orbat to change the crew. I assume its in the edit vehicle area.

Thanks man this may be causing the issue.Will test after work and see.

Please keep me posted! Hope it fixes it!

5 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Please keep me posted! Hope it fixes it!

couldn't wait to test this so on my lunch break,set It up...

for testing purposes,i put a BLUFOR tank,CSAT tank,IND tank and CSAT APC WITH infantry,into a new custom faction.

This time,placed IND AAF crew members in said vehicles...

Happy to report ,No issues in an hour or so of testing. BTR Kamysh with AAF crew,and 6 AAF riflemen in a group,chose MIL placement to spawn only mechanized.

The BTRs spawned and went to Multiple OBJs across the map. 

So far...no units spawning out of tanks,no friendly fire instances...so from what i can see it seems to work now.

im also using a BLUFOR tank that is a retextured Kuma.....So from that im wondering if i use say...Spanish forces mod vehicles(blufor) would they be ok in my custom faction?

Im assuming thats what ORBAT Is essentially,a "compatibility tool" as well as a custom faction editor.I was a little unclear on that detail.

Either way man,this seems to work great,can finally add some T140s to AAF ,

appreciate all the help!

PS in testing i just saw for first time a NATO reinforcement paradrop whilst in a combat zone.Needless to say those paratroopers didnt expect a BTR Kamysh to double as an AA piece! LOL fantastic stuff ALIVE has become.

I got a question about the headless client and CQB, if i choose in the module to distribute the AI on the server and connect a HC on the server the CQB unit will be handled by the HC ?

7 minutes ago, damsous said:

I got a question about the headless client and CQB, if i choose in the module to distribute the AI on the server and connect a HC on the server the CQB unit will be handled by the HC ?

Yes, all AI would be transferred to the HC

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@redarmy in theory, as long as the units are made using BI standards, any faction you make should work. I’d say give it a try.

Very happy everything is working. We can thank @marceldev89 and @autigergrad for peeking at your file. Good job guys.

Yeah guys,thanks for taking a look.

Recreating my new faction at the moment...roll on weekend.

• Like 1

There is one question still i wonder about...

Im not so familiar with how ALIVE virtualizes and spawns groups,but i have this issue wether its totally vanilla,or custom faction...

That is...when vehicles are travelling to a location while virtualized(i see their marker on map moving and updating every 2 seconds),as soon as they get in range of player for spawn(default 1500meters),they often stop totally. When i open zeus i can confirm there is a waypoint for them already ordered...but they remain still,in position..

Now if move out of the 1500 meters of them,they virtualize again,and on the map i see their virtual marker and position resuming their waypoint.....They get in spawn distance of player...rinse and repeat,they halt and do not move.

This could POSSIBLY be because im teleporting using admin actions,but im doing it sparingly as to not stress out the system if thats even possible,and doing it for testing.

Any experience on this? i cant see it as normal behaviour,as infantry groups are not affected at all,and do not show this behaviour....Again...vanilla factions/unmodded game.

EDIT

I have also noticed ALIVE spawns the AWC Nyx vehicles with 3 crew.The vehicle only has two crew positions.

One crew member patrols on foot.

@redarmy teleporting in most cases is ok in my experience, but when testing a possible bug like this I’d personally like to see it occur without teleporting (and without fast forwarding using the + symbol in the editor too if you’re doing that. Fast forwarding almost certainly will break scripts).

I’d say set yourself near the vehicle, but far enough away it’s virtualized. Then just let it do it’s thing with no teleporting. Once the vehicle spawns, let it sit for a bit. If nothing happens over some time, and they never move along the waypoint, this is probably a bug.

If so, we’ll need a vanilla repro mission with ALiVE and CBA only.

Regarding the vehicle with the extra unit, I’ve seen some mods do this intentionally. ALiVE spawns groups based on their preset group configuration. If you go to groups in the editor, does the Nix group have an 3 units or too many units when you place it that way?

6 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@redarmy teleporting in most cases is ok in my experience, but when testing a possible bug like this I’d personally like to see it occur without teleporting (and without fast forwarding using the + symbol in the editor too if you’re doing that. Fast forwarding almost certainly will break scripts).

I’d say set yourself near the vehicle, but far enough away it’s virtualized. Then just let it do it’s thing with no teleporting. Once the vehicle spawns, let it sit for a bit. If nothing happens over some time, and they never move along the waypoint, this is probably a bug.

If so, we’ll need a vanilla repro mission with ALiVE and CBA only.

Regarding the vehicle with the extra unit, I’ve seen some mods do this intentionally. ALiVE spawns groups based on their preset group configuration. If you go to groups in the editor, does the Nix group have an 3 units or too many units when you place it that way?

Well the Nyx is the default vanilla Arma3 AAF AT/AA Vehicle that that faction use,totally vanilla,no retexture or anything,thats why i thought it was something to do with ALIVE..

Haha you know me too well ..."+" this button is my most used in editor lol. OK man you make a fair point,4x speed may be causing the issue.I already attempted testing without teleporting as i guessed it caused the issue.

To explain in some more detail tho: This one vehicle will get stuck and another 3 will be "waiting for 1 vehicle to regroup" as Debug tells me,and that said vehicle does never move,holding up the entire process of OPCOM.

Im fairly sure i tested without 4x speed as i started at an OBJ area an waited for the groups to "come to me",upon spawning 1500meters away from me,on route to OBJ,one vehicle at least will always stop totally.But il run more tests because i may have sped up simulation last time.

@redarmy yes please do one more test, then if the issue still occurs, please post the mission (ALiVE and CBA only) along with steps to see the problem.

We want to release very soon, so the sooner the better if possible. 

Right I realize the Nix is a vanilla vehicle. Was just curious how many units it has when going to groups and placing it down without ALiVE. I can check myself the next time I boot Arma.

@redarmy hey we’re actually tracking the extra units spawning issue. Internally we seem to think it may be an ORBAT bug but not totally sure yet.

This Nyx you’re seeing extra units with...is generated by ORBAT, or literally vanilla AAF spawning with no ORBAT involved?

39 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@redarmy hey we’re actually tracking the extra units spawning issue. Internally we seem to think it may be an ORBAT bug but not totally sure yet.

This Nyx you’re seeing extra units with...is generated by ORBAT, or literally vanilla AAF spawning with no ORBAT involved?

It is happening with and without ORBAT faction.

AAF plainly used from dropdown/force faction "IND_F",loaded up and all variants of Nyx are affected,recieving the extra man.

If i manually place one down in eden,its showing a single vehicle,no extra man.

Doesnt seem to be ORBAT relate but i wouldnt know,iv not had enough time with ALIVE and im literally learning everything from scratch.

Regarding my issue with vehicles stopping,upon spawning from virtual space on way to objectives...i cant replicate it enough to submit it to you guys for testing.

For all i know its "normal" ALIVE behaviour to an extent.

21 minutes ago, redarmy said:

It is happening with and without ORBAT faction.

AAF plainly used from dropdown/force faction "IND_F",loaded up and all variants of Nyx are affected,recieving the extra man.

If i manually place one down in eden,its showing a single vehicle,no extra man.

Doesnt seem to be ORBAT relate but i wouldnt know,iv not had enough time with ALIVE and im literally learning everything from scratch.

Regarding my issue with vehicles stopping,upon spawning from virtual space on way to objectives...i cant replicate it enough to submit it to you guys for testing.

For all i know its "normal" ALIVE behaviour to an extent.

Thanks! Yep seems to be ALiVE related and not due to ORBAT. Internally @marceldev89 I think already fixed the Nyx.

Thanks for the report.

3 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Thanks! Yep seems to be ALiVE related and not due to ORBAT. Internally @marceldev89 I think already fixed the Nyx.

Thanks for the report.

no problem man.

However il take you up on that offer to test my mission,i really wana understand why vehicles are not moving when spawning in and moving AS SOON as im out of 1500 meter range(viewed through group markings)

Where could i upload a repro mission to?Dropbox ok?

il set up the test mission with some markers highlighting exactly what to do to reproduce issue

37 minutes ago, redarmy said:

@HeroesandvillainsOS this is my mission,CBA and ALIVE only.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwfay0vo842prjo/mission.sqm?dl=0

I have used markers to pinpoint positions and ways to reproduce.If someone can look at it and confirm im not crazy that would be awesome lol

Thanks. My role is more of a test and confirm there’s an issue thingy, where then I pass along the issue to the coders. I’ll try to take a look tonight and confirm something is acting wonky. Thanks for the repro.

3 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Thanks. My role is more of a test and confirm there’s an issue thingy, where then I pass along the issue to the coders. I’ll try to take a look tonight and confirm something is acting wonky. Thanks for the repro.

Awesome man thank you.

Perhaps you can spot something.Just to be clear...it does not happen every single time,but it happens enough that when i try to reproduce it,its a 50/50 chance of occuring.

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

Awesome man thank you.

Perhaps you can spot something.Just to be clear...it does not happen every single time,but it happens enough that when i try to reproduce it,its a 50/50 chance of occuring.

Any chance the spawned vehicle group is actually moving to the waypoint, but the vehicle spawned the group leader on foot outside the vehicle?

As you could imagine, if this did happen, if the group leader was on foot, if it moved at all, it would move extremely slowly.

Of course I’ll check later, just thinking out loud. Might be the same bug causing both issues?

2 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Any chance the spawned vehicle group is actually moving to the waypoint, but the vehicle spawned the group leader on foot outside the vehicle?

Of course I’ll check later, just thinking out loud. Might be the same bug causing both issues?

No man,i had considered that too.

I attempted to enter the vehicles and was not able to find an empty crew space in any case.

Thanks though,btw for using ALIVE menu i have it set to itemRadio so once you spawn you can switch it on,units virtualised are on the fastest move speed,which i just thought may be a factor,but unsure.I definetly think youll have a better chance of figuring out whats causing the issue.

@redarmy Very good repro mission. I see exactly what you're seeing with spawned vehicle groups just sitting there. The issue is clear to me because if you teleport away and revirtualize the group, they immediately begin moving again. I can't say with any certainty that this is a bug and not intended behavior of spawned groups (I’m fairly certain spawned groups are designed to move slower than virtual groups), but I forwarded the mission to the dev side because it feels like a bug to me too.

Thanks again. That was an excellent repro mission with very good instructions. That makes my testing life much easier, so thanks for going to the effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@redarmy Very good repro mission. I see exactly what you're seeing with spawned vehicle groups just sitting there. The issue is clear to me because if you teleport away and revirtualize the group, they immediately begin moving again. I can't say with any certainty that this is a bug and not intended behavior of spawned groups (I’m fairly certain spawned groups are designed to move slower than virtual groups), but I forwarded the mission to the dev side because it feels like a bug to me too.

Thanks again. That was an excellent repro mission with very good instructions. That makes my testing life much easier, so thanks for going to the effort.

The issue is clear to me because if you teleport away and revirtualize the group, they immediately begin moving again.

Thanks for testing,and yes these were my thoughts exactly!

Regarding the spawned units moving slower theory,i thought that too,but it doesn't add up if infantry are unafected in my opinion.

Im hoping it comes back as a bug and it is altered,as in its current state it make "reinforcement of armor",somewhat underpowering.

@redarmy Hey just wanted to give you an update. The vehicles not moving issue apparently can be reproduced without ALiVE at all. Just placing vanilla vehicle groups in the editor and is enough (I don’t know exactly how to repro this myself but we’re reading quite a few people seeing this too). Something within Arma itself is broken, most likely with the 1.92 update.

This is a nasty bug. I’d reckon fairly major and potentially game breaking if you use vehicles in ops a lot. Fairly sure @marceldev89 is opening a ticket but I don’t think it could hurt for you to open one until we see his on the tracker.

EDIT: Here’s the ticket if you or anyone else wants to subscribe: 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139359

5 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@redarmy Hey just wanted to give you an update. The vehicles not moving issue apparently can be reproduced without ALiVE at all. Just placing vanilla vehicle groups in the editor and is enough (I don’t know exactly how to repro this myself but we’re reading quite a few people seeing this too). Something within Arma itself is broken, most likely with the 1.92 update.

This is a nasty bug. I’d reckon fairly major and potentially game breaking if you use vehicles in ops a lot. Fairly sure @marceldev89 is opening a ticket but I don’t think it could hurt for you to open one until we see his on the tracker.

EDIT: Here’s the ticket if you or anyone else wants to subscribe: 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T139359

How interesting,i wouldnt have spotted this myself but now its mentioned,i recall a mission i was previously making,and using JEBUS to spawn vehicles in and using a gaurd waypoint on them,sure enough they often got stuck and naturally didnt see it as vanilla issue.

Thanks for the heads up,i tried subscribing to the ticket but im unable to log in on the feedback tracker at moment,some issue with account.Il try sort it later and do that.

Hope BIS fix it soon.

Anyone else having an issue where the map intel is not showing "nearby friendly units" even with the radius set pretty high? All in the same faction as well. Referring to the BFT.

2 hours ago, acoustic said:

Anyone else having an issue where the map intel is not showing "nearby friendly units" even with the radius set pretty high? All in the same faction as well. Referring to the BFT.

yes me too. Sometime markers for groups and their waypoints show up,sometimes they do not.

I was wondering this myself if its normal or not.I would like to have constant info on troop positions and movements for my side.