ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

19 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

hey alive team i noticed that when a camp or composition spawns it spawn around A M112  charge that is not interactive at all.  is there a way to change that to a garbage pile or something? 

Some compositions intentionally spawn a charge object because the object itself is tied to an Asymmetric-only interaction to make the entire composition disappear. 

I don’t think this object/action should spawn in a composition when not in Asymmetric mode, but I could be wrong there.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Some compositions intentionally spawn a charge object because the object itself is tied to an Asymmetric-only interaction to make the entire composition disappear. 

I don’t think this object/action should spawn in a composition when not in Asymmetric mode, but I could be wrong there.

Yea it's a asymmetric mode. Its actually a heavily edited version of your battle of lythium. So thanks for making that I tired making a lythium asymmetric for months ended up giving up on It.  But yea I figure the charge was some sort of tigger for ALIVE. 

13 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

Yea it's a asymmetric mode. Its actually a heavily edited version of your battle of lythium. So thanks for making that I tired making a lythium asymmetric for months ended up giving up on It.  But yea I figure the charge was some sort of tigger for ALIVE. 

Good news, the next ALiVE update should make Insurgency on Lythium very viable. My mission (not sure when you last tried mine) has already been updated for this, and AuburnAlumni/AuTigerGrad has one on his Workshop as well. Once ALiVE updates again these ops should be good to go.

@tupolov is making some really remarkable civilian updates behind the scenes. I don’t want to make any promises, but let’s just say ALiVE will be, well, more alive once he finishes some stuff up. 🙂

• Like 2

mate you thing is working great very happy with it. Only problem is combat helis start hovering when enemies attack the base and Don't do anything. That's the only real ALIVE Issue  we have. That c4 thing is annoying but not a major.

Hey all, got a question regarding the alive cleanup scripts.  So I set the Alive cleanup script in the module to 180secs and it worked fine when running the mission on my computer as a hosted mulitplayer game.  However when I run it on my server with one headless client, the cleanup script doesn't work.  Anyone had this issue before?

Peace.

21 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

mate you thing is working great very happy with it. Only problem is combat helis start hovering when enemies attack the base and Don't do anything. That's the only real ALIVE Issue  we have. That c4 thing is annoying but not a major.

What combat helis? The Combat Support CAS helis? Have you tried giving them the command manually via Combat Support in the ALiVE menu to attack?

7 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

What combat helis? The Combat Support CAS helis? Have you tried giving them the command manually via Combat Support in the ALiVE menu to attack?

Yea the CAS helis and the transport both start hovering over the base the CAS one I have to manually order a SAD target it's clears the area and  The rest I send off by a move order then tell them to RTB straight away so they land again. I haven't seen them land on they own after the area is clear.

Will ALIVE support the new Global Mobilization DLC?

Guys, I'm trying to build an Alive op where there is an OPFOR occupying and an Independent faction running an insurgency. Do I need to sync up the modules just as I would for a regular occupation/invasion conflict or making it asymmetrical make it different? The reading on it id a bit weird as it says in asymmetrical the military cqb should be synced to the military AI commander and not to the objectives. Any clues?

42 minutes ago, piggypotpie said:

Guys, I'm trying to build an Alive op where there is an OPFOR occupying and an Independent faction running an insurgency. Do I need to sync up the modules just as I would for a regular occupation/invasion conflict or making it asymmetrical make it different? The reading on it id a bit weird as it says in asymmetrical the military cqb should be synced to the military AI commander and not to the objectives. Any clues?

My advice is to forget about the Military CQC module. It's basically unnecessary these days of ALiVE, at least in my opinion.

Sync everything normally, the basic concept of TAOR's and syncing of modules stands even if it's asymmetric. IED module can be synced to the asymmetric OPCOM but it does take a lot of time for them to actually place any.

• Like 1

Hi guys, questions

1. When you set the "army" size, like say brigade, company and it says like 200, 300, 50. Is that the number of individual SOLDIERS? or is it GROUPS? How does it take vehicles into account? Is one tank 3 soldiers? Or is the whole tank counted as 1 unit?

2. Does this support GM DLC? Or does ALIVE have to be updated for it?

20 hours ago, piggypotpie said:

CQB (which I like) and IED can optionally be synced to the Asymmetric Commander module, which changes the default/unsynced behavior of the two modules.

When playing insurgency I use both, and sync both.

Guys regarding the new DLC, as far as I know I don’t think anyone on the team has bought it yet. If someone does, I’m sure we’ll add compatibility. We’re already discussing indexing the new map. But someone on our team needs to buy the DLC first.

So yes we probably will support it, but I can’t guarantee it or guarantee if we do that it will happen quickly.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:28 PM, TPM_Aus said:

Hey all, got a question regarding the alive cleanup scripts.  So I set the Alive cleanup script in the module to 180secs and it worked fine when running the mission on my computer as a hosted mulitplayer game.  However when I run it on my server with one headless client, the cleanup script doesn't work.  Anyone had this issue before?

Peace.

First I've heard of this... if you don't run the HC does the cleanup script work on dedicated?  Can you post your dedi's RPT file to pastebin or similar and link back here?  I'm guessing it's the units spawning on the HC that are not getting removed...

15 hours ago, dragonfire43560 said:

Hi guys, questions

1. When you set the "army" size, like say brigade, company and it says like 200, 300, 50. Is that the number of individual SOLDIERS? or is it GROUPS? How does it take vehicles into account? Is one tank 3 soldiers? Or is the whole tank counted as 1 unit?

2. Does this support GM DLC? Or does ALIVE have to be updated for it?

Number of individual soldiers... not sure on how crew are counted.

6 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

CQB (which I like) and IED can optionally be synced to the Asymmetric Commander module, which changes the default/unsynced behavior of the two modules.

Hey man as you seem to be the more prolific mission maker for Alive, Ive been outta touch with it for a while - what mission(S) can you recommend that best showcases the newest Alive features? Preferably on a smaller or mid size level scale (as i run expensive AI scripts alongside). Also would you mind explaining what the CQB module does?

18 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Hey man as you seem to be the more prolific mission maker for Alive, Ive been outta touch with it for a while - what mission(S) can you recommend that best showcases the newest Alive features? Preferably on a smaller or mid size level scale (as i run expensive AI scripts alongside). Also would you mind explaining what the CQB module does?

Well we’re still testing internally the new civilian features. Honestly not sure if @autigergrad is keeping his dev version on Steam up to date or not so for now I’d say hold off unless he chimes in to say he is updating it and you want to try the upcoming build (beware of bugs).

My most popular mission on Steam is called Inshallah (Insurgency on Takistan) so you could try that once we update. I have a bunch of other similar insurgencies on other maps as well. AuTigerGrad (who goes by AuburnAlumni on Steam) also has some nice showcases too (look for his newer ops). Basically, the new civ stuff will be for our Asymmetric Insurgency mode so you’ll want to try one of those.

CQB, for all intents and purposes, is basically a standalone unit spawner that mostly works separately from our core modules. The basic concept is CQB spawns additional units within and around buildings, with definable features such garrisons manning static weapons on rooftops, etc.

So basically, it’s icing on the cake. Our core Objective Placement modules spawn groups around objectives and CQB is used on top of it to add additional units within these areas, specifically inside buildings. When the CQB module is synced to an Asymmetric Commander module, the behavior slightly changes, only spawning these units within areas the insurgency occupies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m keeping the dev version on my workshop updated to the latest updates to our WIP civ modules.  Note that it IS a dev version so expect some bugs and constant updates as we prep for the next public release.

i think folks will be blown away with the new civ features.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Right, but then the CQB should be synced to the opposing forces' commander module?

2 hours ago, piggypotpie said:

Right, but then the CQB should be synced to the opposing forces' commander module?

CQB should only be synced to the Military AI Commander module when the commander module set to Asymmetric. 

Nothing will break if you use an Asymmetric Commander and leave CQB unsynced. You just won’t yet the CQB Insurgency-only logic.

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

CQB should only be synced to the Military AI Commander module when the commander module set to Asymmetric. 

Nothing will break if you use an Asymmetric Commander and leave CQB unsynced. You just won’t yet the CQB Insurgency-only logic.

Right, but what I was looking to do was have an opfor, blufor and independent. I want ind to be the asymmetrical force with the other forces being able to use CQB, too

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

@autigergrad do you have link to these dev versions?

It's in my workshop.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=924416304

Here's a sample of the WIP Civilian updates.  My entire collection of Ambient sounds packs have been added in, as well as a large number of sounds from TPW's outstanding collection.  You'll also notice the immersive effects of civilians screaming and running once gunfire breaks out nearby.  Many other features are currently in progress, but I can firmly proclaim that this will be a night and day difference in immersion level once we have it ready for public release.  And it will all function in a dedicated server/mp environment as well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, piggypotpie said:

Right, but what I was looking to do was have an opfor, blufor and independent. I want ind to be the asymmetrical force with the other forces being able to use CQB, too

Ah ok I see.

To be clear, my advice here isn’t “by the book.” I’m not 100% on the “right way” to do this, but I personally do this in insurgencies:

Place one CQB. Sync it to the Asymmetric Commander module. Set it to the insurgent faction only (such as IND_F) in force faction (define your blacklists, etc).

Place another CQB module. Leave this unsynced. Set it to “dominant,” and under force faction, put in your non-Asymmetric factions BLU_F,OPF_F.

This way, you’ll have the insurgents using insurgency CQB logic, and an unsynced module for the conventional factions to use only. This works for me and I believe @autigergrad uses this approach as well.

It's in my workshop.

Here's a sample of the WIP Civilian updates.  My entire collection of Ambient sounds packs have been added in, as well as a large number of sounds from TPW's outstanding collection.  You'll also notice the immersive effects of civilians screaming and running once gunfire breaks out nearby.  Many other features are currently in progress, but I can firmly proclaim that this will be a night and day difference in immersion level once we have it ready for public release.  And it will all function in a dedicated server/mp environment as well.

Woah! Niiiiiiice. Can’t wait to see this. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, autigergrad said:

It's in my workshop.

Well done, that's much more immersive.

Interaction with civilians is an aspect that regrettably absent from most Arma missions and other other tactical FPS.

It's real shame because it reinforces the misguided notion that military forces operate inside a vacuum.

Whereas in the low-intensity warfare that it today's reality, practically every military operation is constrained by its impact on local population, whether its ROE, use of proportional force, avoiding collateral damage or simply winning hearts'n'minds.

• Like 2