ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

PBO is "open for business" ;)

There are several changes yes and a lot of new objects.

• Like 2

ALIVE 1.9 Pre-Release is now available on Github.  This introduces experimental pathfinding for ALiVE Virtual AI, which means virtual land forces should stick to the land and move around impassable terrain such as lakes.  Vehicles should avoid mountainous terrain, wheeled vehicles prefer roads, and planes can go anywhere (when they're airborne anyway).  It took Spyderblack just under a week to put this together and it seems to work without any issues, which is...suspicious.  It'd be great if some people could try this out and let us know what you think.

• Like 5

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Pathfinding
Spyderblack has taught ALiVE Virtual AI how to navigate, which is a feature that's been on our backlog since forever.  This means virtual land forces should stick to the land and move around impassable terrain such as lakes and mountains, providing a more realistic interpretation of the battlefield.  Vehicles should avoid very steep terrain, wheeled vehicles prefer roads and aircraft can go anywhere (when they're airborne anyway).  Ai path finding may occasionally have issues on maps with lots of small islands, so there is an option to turn it off in the Virtual AI module if you wish.

Release Highlights

• Profile Path Finding
  • Logistics group mapping update for Community Factions Project
  • Reindexed CUP maps after the update
  • Added support for Anizay
  • Added ability to define multiple inventory items to enable Combat Support menu
  • See full commit history on Github

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with vanilla repros please) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Have fun!

ALiVE War Room is Hosted By

logo.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Pathfinding is disabled by default and should be considered experimental in it's current state. Probably not the best idea to use for your weekly ops in it's current state. Updates have been made and will continue to be made for improvements to be seen in future updates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi maybe somebody already respond to this question but i just checked on the forum and on the web but can't find any answer.

My question is what's the command line to add logistic credit to 1 side ?

I have found this line on the wiki : [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F",20] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

but i don't understand if its for add 20 to the force pool or set the forcepool to 20.

That line would set the forcepool to 20. You can grab the current forcepool using 

[ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet

• Thanks 1

ThanksG'day Alive Devs,

Is it possible in the Orbat Creator to set the loadout of a helicopter or plane using the dynamic pylons?

If not, where would I put the code generated in the mission file into the config of a helicopter?

Spoiler

};
  class Item1
  {
   dataType="Object";
   class PositionInfo
   {
    position[]={4021.062,6.9905715,5235.687};
    angles[]={0,4.4758797,0};
   };
   side="Empty";
   flags=4;
   class Attributes
   {
    pylons="PylonRack_ffaa_4Rnd_tigre_spike[0];PylonRack_ffaa_22Rnd_tigre_sneb_70[0];UK3CB_BAF_PylonPod_19Rnd_CRV7_HEISAP[0];UK3CB_BAF_PylonPod_19Rnd_CRV7_HEISAP[0];PylonRack_ffaa_22Rnd_tigre_sneb_70[0];PylonRack_ffaa_4Rnd_tigre_spike[0];";
   };
   id=2;
   type="ej_AH96_NATO";

I have listed above the code that was generated in the mission file of a helicopter with modified pylon loadouts.

Thanks in advance.

It would be possible with further updates, but the feature is not included in ALiVE today. I'm also without knowledge on how dynamic pylons work so I'll leave that question to someone else.

About the Player Combat Support Menu: Is it possible to add a plane with this feature?  And ,if possible ,add a way to set their Formation Type ?   Could we be able to set Formation and lateral separation for helicopters too?

Decide speed and altitude to Very low for helicopters ,like 8m (below treetop level) and cap their speed to 3 miles/h,to go to ambush site out of sight .  Could the system add a little armor to helos ,so they can be used to pick-up troops with "combat land " feature.

If possible,would it be possible to have prepared made markers to guide the pilots to hazards and tell Ai a safe route to egress area,if difficult to navigate the part of map due to terrain features,to make such a system.

A automated set-up of the Alive modules possible?  I never seem to make everything work.

Could using "Path" like for a Convoy work if we had another option to set Altitude for aircraft (with a option to cap the speed ) help their flying abilities and some way to tell them where we want their nose to be pointed when they land.

Edited by john111

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:04 AM, john111 said:

About the Player Combat Support Menu: Is it possible to add a plane with this feature?  And ,if possible ,add a way to set their Formation Type ?   Could we be able to set Formation and lateral separation for helicopters too?

Decide speed and altitude to Very low for helicopters ,like 8m (below treetop level) and cap their speed to 3 miles/h,to go to ambush site out of sight .  Could the system add a little armor to helos ,so they can be used to pick-up troops with "combat land " feature.

If possible,would it be possible to have prepared made markers to guide the pilots to hazards and tell Ai a safe route to egress area,if difficult to navigate the part of map due to terrain features,to make such a system.

A automated set-up of the Alive modules possible?  I never seem to make everything work.

Could using "Path" like for a Convoy work if we had another option to set Altitude for aircraft (with a option to cap the speed ) help their flying abilities and some way to tell them where we want their nose to be pointed when they land.

@john111

I don't think those aspects are possible with the way it works to have a safe navigation route. Also the convoy functions in ALiVE have been disabled for quite a while now due to some functional problems with the way units travel in the ALiVE virtualization. @spyderblack723 had or has a mission that will auto generate the modules on the map or maybe they are the basics that are prepositioned so you can use it as a template for all other ALiVE based missions.

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release Build 1.10
This is a maintenance build with a some bug fixes, tweaks and map re-indexes.  There are undoubtedly still bugs (when are there ever not?) and we'll keep an eye out for any real game breakers.

Release Highlights

• Added an option to Mil & Civ Placement modules to control how many guard units spawn at objectives
  • Improved garrison AI
  • Reindexed nam, Lythium
  • Added support for Rosche, Tembelan Island, Montella
  • Updated CFP Faction Support
  • See full commit history on Github

Download

Grab the latest version from Github
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with vanilla repros please) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Have fun!

ALiVE War Room is Hosted By

logo.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Hey,

I’ve been playing around with the ALiVE for couple weeks now. Making missions and testing different features, preparing for future game sessions with my group. ALiVE truly is a great mod and I think it will bring a ton of depth and variation to our games.

I have one issue I haven’t solved yet. I can’t get the C2ISTAR Player command module to work. Or I mean, when launching to the game, the button defined doesn’t bring up the tablet. I’ve been doing my latest editing on a laptop that doesn’t have the app-key, so I defined it to another key. Regardless of restarts and what not, I do not see the tablet pop up. I’ve tried to change the item needed for it as well, with no success.

Somewhere in the wiki it was said not all features work when launching from game client, a dedicated server is needed. I haven’t run my test on dedi yet, could that be the reason?

Also, the default item needed is defined ‘LaserDesignator’, while in the arsenal it seems to called ‘Laserdesignator’. Case matters?

I will need to see if it works on my desktop and confirm if the problem exists.

Anyway, all the rest works out of the box, and is way cool! Thanks for all the great work.

Hey,

I’ve been playing around with the ALiVE for couple weeks now. Making missions and testing different features, preparing for future game sessions with my group. ALiVE truly is a great mod and I think it will bring a ton of depth and variation to our games.

I have one issue I haven’t solved yet. I can’t get the C2ISTAR Player command module to work. Or I mean, when launching to the game, the button defined doesn’t bring up the tablet. I’ve been doing my latest editing on a laptop that doesn’t have the app-key, so I defined it to another key. Regardless of restarts and what not, I do not see the tablet pop up. I’ve tried to change the item needed for it as well, with no success.

Somewhere in the wiki it was said not all features work when launching from game client, a dedicated server is needed. I haven’t run my test on dedi yet, could that be the reason?

Also, the default item needed is defined ‘LaserDesignator’, while in the arsenal it seems to called ‘Laserdesignator’. Case matters?

I will need to see if it works on my desktop and confirm if the problem exists.

Anyway, all the rest works out of the box, and is way cool! Thanks for all the great work.

Solved. The key mapping just didn’t work. On the desktop it works fine. For some reason the custom control 20 doesn’t help either...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody ever experienced blacklist markers not working? I have OPFOR Units spawning inside BLUFOR TAORs that I have added as blacklisted to OPFOR. I also have a problem with units of a faction that is not selected spawning. (OPF_F, while all Modules should select OPF_T_F). Is there an easy way to troubleshoot this kind of thing? I can't tell which module the debugger needs to be on for so I can see why this is happening.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Insta

Edit: Also getting error messages such as this: https://imgur.com/a/iULUqbv

Mission file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JAfKldPGuHuZTcFu2DocVUUTVG0jFoCY/view?usp=sharing

I was attempting to make a kind of SF insurgency, with USSF and CTRG operating on a CSAT occupied Island. Maybe I've not quite understood how the modules work?

7 hours ago, TPM_Aus said:

Is 3CB Factions supported by Alive?

Yes

• Like 1

I noticed in the latest release that garrison units will get in the turrets of empty vehicles.

Is there a way to prevent them from getting in the players vehicles?

Or do I just have to blacklist the whole base and place units manually?

Hi guys, is there a guide somewhere on what modules can be used maps that are not indexed? There’s something mentioned in the wiki on the maps supported page.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:13 AM, instagoat said:

Has anybody ever experienced blacklist markers not working? I have OPFOR Units spawning inside BLUFOR TAORs that I have added as blacklisted to OPFOR. I also have a problem with units of a faction that is not selected spawning. (OPF_F, while all Modules should select OPF_T_F). Is there an easy way to troubleshoot this kind of thing? I can't tell which module the debugger needs to be on for so I can see why this is happening.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Insta

Edit: Also getting error messages such as this: https://imgur.com/a/iULUqbv

Mission file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JAfKldPGuHuZTcFu2DocVUUTVG0jFoCY/view?usp=sharing

I was attempting to make a kind of SF insurgency, with USSF and CTRG operating on a CSAT occupied Island. Maybe I've not quite understood how the modules work?

Hi Insta - yeah usually this is caused by:  1 - typo in the module field  2 - Units spawning outside of the blacklist marker and moving into the area (blacklist only prevents units from spawning in an area).

For faction units spawning where they should not - double check all your faction names in each module.  Could also be units spawned by a different module set to OPF_F that you are seeing - sometimes this can be difficult to troubleshoot.

Failing that post your RPT file somewhere from a session and I'll take a look.

On 4/14/2019 at 4:57 PM, dreadpirate said:

I noticed in the latest release that garrison units will get in the turrets of empty vehicles.

Is there a way to prevent them from getting in the players vehicles?

Or do I just have to blacklist the whole base and place units manually?

IIRC this is caused by an AI mod (maybe VCOM?)

edit:  there was some work done recently on the garrison code so I could be wrong here... are you using any AI mods?

edit2:  from devs:

that shouldn't be us. I believe we filter out actual vehicles

```private _staticWeapons = nearestObjects [_position, ["StaticWeapon"], _radius];```

edit3:  another tester is reporting that it is indeed an issue

ALiVE is getting troops to garrison Vics. I tested w no AI mod and it happened

Stay tuned!!

On 4/14/2019 at 5:58 PM, specialsmith said:

Hi guys, is there a guide somewhere on what modules can be used maps that are not indexed? There’s something mentioned in the wiki on the maps supported page.

For non-indexed maps you are limited to:

CQB module

"Some" support modules - IIRC the Combat Support module, not 100% about the others

Placement modules will not work however you can use the Virtual AI module, manually place units/groups and sync them to the VAI module.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

hey alive team i noticed that when a camp or composition spawns it spawn around A M112  charge that is not interactive at all.  is there a way to change that to a garbage pile or something? 

• Like 1