ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

For some reason the custom objective spawned units over the whole of the Utes island, it would be nice if you could set TAOR for it.

Also: does deleting units by using a script or Zeus, will cause the AI commander to request reinforcements, via logistics, to replace those "lost" units?

I'm trying to achieve the "invasion" landing effect with my faction starting with no units on the ground and have them dropped into the beachhead. However the AI commander seems to not like what I'm trying to do. When I try to trigger the logistics via deleting units in zeus there are some virtual groups spawned in the bottom corner of the map, instead of stuff being flown in by the helicopters.

@drdetroit don’t worry about the performance warning. That was put in place mainly when Arma was 32 bit, which used to show up in-game on screen but now has been relegated to the rpt file only.

As long as performance is fine, don’t worry about it the message is normal.

EDIT: lol I am stupid. I didn’t read the actual error. Just did and I don’t know what that one means. :(

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Virtual AI Anchor

I see Danny worked a feature I requested a long time ago - thank you - sir... This was to spawn virtual troops in a desired area away from the player - so - virtual AI and real assets could battle it out with the player arriving at the result...

On GitHub it references a “ProfileSpawner” and “ALiVE_SpawnSources” array to accomplish this - I can’t find any further documentation or reference on how to actually implement same - anyone have more info ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who the heck is Danny?

Oh SpyderBlack - I was thinking of someone else who develops on a different sim - sorry for the confusion... It’s tough getting older - LOL...

Regards,

Scott

44 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Oh SpyderBlack - I was thinking of someone else who develops on a different sim - sorry for the confusion... It’s tough getting older - LOL...

Regards,

Scott

Oh and here I was thinking I could make a new ALiVE friend :(

• Like 1

For some reason the groups that get delivered via my logistic request do not do anything and do not show up in the "Operations" menu. I assume they are not profiled for some reason and the AI commander simply does not "see them".

On 16/06/2018 at 2:26 PM, taro8 said:

For some reason the groups that get delivered via my logistic request do not do anything and do not show up in the "Operations" menu. I assume they are not profiled for some reason and the AI commander simply does not "see them".

Wait a little bit they will be showing up in the Operation menu 3or 5 minute after calling them.

Hi, Is X-Cam-Taunus map supported by ALIVE? I guess not, cause I don't see it on the list... Looking for a nice west european terrain for ALIVE, would you recommend something?..

We just ran a campaign on NAPF which was a ton of fun. I had to reindex the map first though so if you decide to use it you'll need this file 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-8HXoA1igmt115RIMhuTtHFyz9kzNof/view

Just place the x folder in your mission folder and it'll work.
NAPF should be supported natively in the next ALiVE release 

• Like 1

Thx JD Wang, I'll try to check this map though I'm not sure if it meets my specific requirements ;).

On 6/16/2018 at 10:08 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Virtual AI Anchor

I see Danny worked a feature I requested a long time ago - thank you - sir... This was to spawn virtual troops in a desired area away from the player - so - virtual AI and real assets could battle it out with the player arriving at the result...

On GitHub it references a “ProfileSpawner” and “ALiVE_SpawnSources” array to accomplish this - I can’t find any further documentation or reference on how to actually implement same - anyone have more info ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

Spawn an object and throw it in the global ALiVE_SpawnSources array variable.

You'll need to wait for our next release which is soon™

• Like 1

Hi all, I've been running into this issue a great deal.

Whenever a MACC controlled aircraft taxis onto the runaway, and there is a nearby air target in range, the aircraft on the ground fires a missile and blows itself up on the runway.  It does this with all aircraft including vanilla.

As far as ai mods, I'm using ASR so not sure if that could be what creating the conflict. Has anyone else run into this? 

Please help. For the first time I created my first custom faction with Orbat Tool to use it with ALIVE awesome mod, so groups are compatible with ALIVE, they are properly displayed in logistic tab when calling for player combat logistics in my mission and from what I saw faction works pretty good in ALIVE environment, even MACC module uses my aircrafts and pilots, etc. The problem is I cannot call for individual soldiers to join my squad for example - there are no soldiers from my faction in "individuals" tab. Also, and I don't know if this is connected, I can't recruit soldiers from my faction when using Spyder's Addons Recruit module - the whole field is blank/empty no matter how long I wait. Vehicle spawner works fine with my faction's name though. I don't know how to fix this. I'm not a noob when it comes to creating ALIVE missions, I did it the last couple of years for my own purposes, so all modules, factions names used, etc should be set up properly, but I just started creating my own faction with Orbat tool. I believe I did everything I should've done, exported data from ORBAT to autogen.hpp, units classes/names to CfgPatches, some code of custom crates to config file (and static data in my mission folder), packed into pbo file what should be packed...

Sorry for my English, I'm not native speaker.

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Fixes and Stuff
This release is a collection of fixes, performance enhancements and further support for the Community Faction Pack.  The Virtual AI simulation layer has had a bit of an overhaul to improve performance using some new techniques and SQF commands.  Further details for the technically minded are on github.

Release Highlights

• Profile Performance - Virtual AI overhaul
  • Map Index Updates - Porto, Cao Bang, Napf, Kunduz
  • Rage Reduction - Converted more tabs to spaces
  • See full commit history on Github

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with vanilla repros please) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Have fun!

ALiVE War Room is Hosted By

logo.png

• Like 5

Been getting script errors

22:37:02 Error in expression <e = ([ALiVE_ProfileHandler,"getProfile",_profileID] call ALiVE_fnc_profileHandle>
22:37:02   Error position: <_profileID] call ALiVE_fnc_profileHandle>
22:37:02   Error Undefined variable in expression: _profileid
22:37:02 File \x\alive\addons\mil_opcom\fnc_OPCOM.sqf [ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM], line 2550

everytime alive tries to send backup to my position

This also shows up

22:49:21 Error in expression < = [ALIVE_profileHandler, "getProfile", _x] call ALIVE_fnc_profileHandler;
if(is>
22:49:21   Error position: <_x] call ALIVE_fnc_profileHandler;
if(is>
22:49:21   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
22:49:21 File \x\alive\addons\mil_logistics\fnc_ML.sqf [ALiVE_fnc_ML], line 7042

Commander doesn't seem to send backup or retake points

Do old Alive missions are not compatible? I was running this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=963737272 with opcom debug and virtual AI debug

Same here. Been getting scripts errors with the MACC module after the update. Aircraft won't take off from the airbase or the carrier.

h4CXJuV.jpg

19:04:54 ALiVE_fnc_HashGet retrieved wrong input [any,"profileID"] from ALiVE_fnc_ATO!
19:04:54 Error in expression <iVE_fnc_hashGet;

private _profileID = [_aircraft,"profileID"] call ALiVE_fnc_ha>
19:04:54   Error position: <_aircraft,"profileID"] call ALiVE_fnc_ha>
19:04:54   Error Undefined variable in expression: _aircraft
19:04:54 File \x\alive\addons\mil_ato\fnc_ATO.sqf [ALiVE_fnc_ATO], line 5617

I'm not using the MACC module, but following the latest update none of our missions will run anymore.  I can't even get them to run offline in Eden.  Haven't changed any settings, but if I delete all the ALiVE modules the missions will load and run fine.

Will try to debug.

3 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

I'm not using the MACC module, but following the latest update none of our missions will run anymore.  I can't even get them to run offline in Eden.  Haven't changed any settings, but if I delete all the ALiVE modules the missions will load and run fine.

Will try to debug.

I believe one of the Alive devs said to replace some/all moduels in the editor if mission doesn't start or locks up during the loading.

Had the same issue. I just renamed the mission name in the descrption file and the mission file name as well. Loaded and played fine after that.

If you are having errors, please specify whether or not the mission you were loading was being restored from the Database.

(Also post your .rpt please)

Thanks.

@fycj If you get a chance to confirm if this is with a fresh start of the mission, or when loading a save, that would help me out seeing as it’s a mission I made and don’t have a ton of testing time testing on my own right now.

41 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@fycj If you get a chance to confirm if this is with a fresh start of the mission, or when loading a save, that would help me out seeing as it’s a mission I made and don’t have a ton of testing time testing on my own right now.

I tried a quickstart stratis showcase and same thing happened

I will try to redo it with rpt and mission.sqm once i get time

• Like 1