ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

@HeroesandvillainsOS I don't muck with the editor much at all, never with Alive anyhow. The mission I got the screen grab from was called Valley of JPD by ARJay using CBA_A3 and Alive mod only, the fog happens with every other Alive mission as well. Its got me stumped.

I'll have a try at making a simple mission in the editor though, not that I know how. lol

33 minutes ago, cmw71 said:

@HeroesandvillainsOS I don't muck with the editor much at all, never with Alive anyhow. The mission I got the screen grab from was called Valley of JPD by ARJay using CBA_A3 and Alive mod only, the fog happens with every other Alive mission as well. Its got me stumped.

I'll have a try at making a simple mission in the editor though, not that I know how. lol

Oh well that mission is old as dirt. Try another mission. I’m sure the problem is the mission being ancient. 

I’d avoid any missions posted on alivemod.com tbh.

I think we have some updated ones included directly in ALiVE (look for the missions folder). I also have some on Steam. AuTigerGrad (AuburnAlumni on Steam) has a lot as well.

I've just discovered your Inshallah mission and it works fine. Thanks for the replies and I'll avoid those old missions in future.

• Like 1

Just a post for say a big thank to the Alive team for the amazing work, you are awesome

• Like 1

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3
Release 1.6.1

logo.png

A New Chapter
Firstly, we're very excited to announce that ArmaHosts have kindly offered to host the ALiVE War Room! This means cloud saving, AAR and stats are all back in action and War Room functionality has returned to normal! A massive thank you to Justin and the crew at ArmaHosts! With the server migration we removed game saves prior to April 6th, all stats and events/AAR remain.

As the Arma 3 roadmap sees its final DLC ship, the ALiVE team are now very much moving into maintenance mode. Expect only minor updates to address any major bugs or issues as the Arma 3 platform is updated. Of course the ALiVE codebase is now completely open source so if anyone contributes fixes, new features, optimizations we will absolutely ensure these get released.

For this release we have lots of bug fixes, new map indexes (for IFA thanks to HeroesandVillainsOS!) and we're announcing support for the Community Factions Project! We wanted to ensure that factions in CFP can operate in ALiVE and have access to supplies, logistics, civilian weapons etc. We have also updated Orbat Creator with additional functionality that makes it easier for the CFP team (and anyone else!) to create factions in Arma 3.

Release Highlights
Civilian Population - Added support for CUP Takistani civilians and CFP civilian factions
Military Logistics - Added support for CFP factions
Orbat Creator - Ability to auto generate faction crate configs, auto generate faction preview images (use Virtual Reality map), support for disabling ORBAT loadouts in 3DEN. Minor fixes.
Map Indexes - Added: 10 IFA winter maps, Chernarus Redux Updated: Isla Duala
Various - Performance and crash fixes

See full commit history on Github

Download
Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with vanilla repros please) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Have fun!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Hi, long time user of Orbat here. Really appreciate the work that has gone into Alive and particularly Orbat!

After the recent Arma 3 update I suddenly am unable to use Orbat . When I go in and create a new unit I am suddenly unable to edit the load out. When I hit edit load out it appears to begin loading but never ever loads. I have left it for an hour and it still did not load. I have taken the most recent  Alive update hoping that would fix the issue (FYI this also seems to affect older versions of Alive ) but sadly it did not. I can open and edit units in arsenal in editor etc but for some strange reason not in Orbat....Any help is appreciated.

Its possible to get the previous version of Alive ? On this version the persistence is broken (Local or Cloud) only the player stat are recorded on Warroom the other thing (profile, object placed on the map....) are not saved.

19 hours ago, Husker-71 said:

Hi, long time user of Orbat here. Really appreciate the work that has gone into Alive and particularly Orbat!

After the recent Arma 3 update I suddenly am unable to use Orbat . When I go in and create a new unit I am suddenly unable to edit the load out. When I hit edit load out it appears to begin loading but never ever loads. I have left it for an hour and it still did not load. I have taken the most recent  Alive update hoping that would fix the issue (FYI this also seems to affect older versions of Alive ) but sadly it did not. I can open and edit units in arsenal in editor etc but for some strange reason not in Orbat....Any help is appreciated.

Can you post your RPT on the issues page on the ALiVE GitHub? 

CFP are using Orbat Creator without issue.

Previous versions of ALiVE are available on GitHub.

6 hours ago, damsous said:

Its possible to get the previous version of Alive ? On this version the persistence is broken (Local or Cloud) only the player stat are recorded on Warroom the other thing (profile, object placed on the map....) are not saved.

Can you post your issue on our GitHub with your RPT for server and client? Thanks!

10 hours ago, tupolov said:

Can you post your issue on our GitHub with your RPT for server and client? Thanks!

Yeah i will do it.

I remember there was some talk around the time of the Laws of War DLC on giving the Aid Workers and Supplies some functions in ALiVE, Has that idea progressed any or is it on the back burner at the moment?

• Like 2

How can I give a virtualized AI unit a slat cage? If I set it in mission builder, it dissapears once the unit is virtualized.

hi, why don't you implement a 'drop down' menu, so we can easily select the spwaning 'factions';  it should read the faction names from the user's installed mods and propose nicely the respective faction names of the units that should spawn on either side, that should improve the use and make things much easier..    because, i had to google RHS_* and then go to a wiki 'ALiVE compatible' page to find the needed faction 'string_name'  and insert it manually,  i think in 2018 that method is a bit ... outdated.   i hope u get what i mean. tia

52 minutes ago, Tesch Macher said:

hi, why don't you implement a 'drop down' menu, so we can easily select the spwaning 'factions';  it should read the faction names from the user's installed mods and propose nicely the respective faction names of the units that should spawn on either side, that should improve the use and make things much easier..    because, i had to google RHS_* and then go to a wiki 'ALiVE compatible' page to find the needed faction 'string_name'  and insert it manually,  i think in 2018 that method is a bit ... outdated.   i hope u get what i mean. tia

Just find the faction in config viewer (CfgFactionClass), its not outdated if you want for any reason add multiple faction inside one module its better to enter the faction classname

• Like 1

I just put a unit down on the map, right click on it and select Log faction to Clipboard.

• Like 1

I find the issue about persistence.

On my side persistence not work if i launch the server with -autoInit

I give a try this morning without -autoInit and that work, but its weird.

The screen pop up (saving data...) and stuck, i look at the server console and i see game finished, i press escape the save screen gone and im able to move. I leave the server, log again,(mission load) choose a slot and my crate and vehicle are saved.

I close the server, and launch it with -autoInit command, the game load the persistence (i found myself my vehicle and the crate where i leave), i move again the crate and the vehicle, do a server save and exit and same thing the mission restart after 5 second.

I choose a slot, enter the server and player persistence is not loaded (i spawn at the start zone not where i leave) and the previous save is loaded (when the server was running without -autoInit).

I try this with Cloud or Local save, without -autoInit persistence work, with -autoInit thats not work

On 5/2/2018 at 3:55 PM, Tesch Macher said:

We do not have full control over editor module UI's. As of right now, the list cannot be dynamically populated and thus forces us to use an input field. If BI ever introduces the ability to dynamically populate module UI's in the editor, we would gladly jump to use it.

• Sad 1

On 4/23/2018 at 10:34 AM, cmw71 said:

It might be a setting in the missions you are messing with for the environment. The weather functions within ArmA and then using the ones from ALiVE make it all work according to real type weather for the locations based on geographical settings. If you want to mess around with it then you can adjust it accordingly.

• Like 1

Hey guys ive been trying to set up alive ai commander and mil obj for rhs units but i dont seem to be able to do so ... With normal factions it works fine but with rhs it wont work no matter what. 

Any ideas what i can do ?? or an example on what to put on the Mil Ai Commander and Mil obj to spawn msv or USMC ....

Anyone else getting problems with auto generated tasks? I can't for the life of me get them to work anymore. Generating a task manually works fine, however. 

Good day gentlemen!

So I've setup an Alive campaign using the Unsung mod, and maps Da Krong and Prei Khmaoch Luong; BLUFOR vs OPFOR (NVA) and Insurgency (VC).  Modules and campaign are working, however, when Alive initializes I'm getting error messages in the RPT log regarding "performance warning".  I'm assuming this is an issue with Civ placement not finding any towns to populate, which may be causing severe lag issues once the campaign starts winding up (30min into campaign...or so, game stutters and lags bad). 

Alive is only generating 25-26 objectives and troop count is reasonable.  In comparison, I have an Alive Tanoa campaign that is generally the same, but generates 60-70 objectives, 2x-3x greater troop counts, no lags at all, and no errors in my RPT file.

Is anybody familiar with the below errors and how to fix?  I assume the "performance error" below has something, or everything, to do with the heavy lag with the Unsung maps.  Also, looks like both maps mentioned above need to be re-indexed, which may be the issue below is -  Especially Da Krong, whereby only the middle map village has civs populating in.  

8:24:40  ------------------ Inspecting Hash -------------------- 
 8:24:40  ------------------ Inspection Complete -------------------- 
 8:24:41 ALiVE [m_6|45] Module ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.290009
 8:24:41 ALiVE AI Distributor not enabled (mode: false).
 8:24:41 ALiVE [m_7|60] Module ALiVE_sys_profile INIT
 8:24:41 ALiVE MAP BOUNDS: 8192
 8:24:42 ALiVE [m_7|60] Module ALiVE_sys_profile INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.891998
 8:24:42 ALiVE [m_8|70] Module ALiVE_amb_civ_population INIT
 8:24:42 ALiVE [m_8|70] Module ALiVE_amb_civ_population INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.00701904
 8:24:42 ALiVE [m_9|80] Module ALiVE_amb_civ_placement INIT
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Very large search for 477514 (>320 m)
 8:24:43 a3\structures_f_exp\civilian\garages\garageshelter_01_ruins_f.p3d: house, config class missing
 8:24:43 Bad simulation fire, type Land_Campfire_F (class=house), a3\structures_f\civ\camping\campfire_f.p3d
 8:24:43 Bad simulation fire, type Land_FirePlace_F (class=house), a3\structures_f\civ\camping\fireplace_f.p3d
 8:24:43 Bad simulation fire, type Land_FirePlace_F (class=house), a3\structures_f\civ\camping\fireplace_f.p3d
 8:24:43 Bad simulation fire, type Land_Campfire_F (class=house), a3\structures_f\civ\camping\campfire_f.p3d
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Search for 477514: b_leucaena_f.p3d was very large (992 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Very large search for 477828 (>320 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Search for 477828: b_cycas_f.p3d was very large (1024 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Very large search for 477829 (>320 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Search for 477829: b_cycas_f.p3d was very large (1056 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Very large search for 523242 (>320 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Search for 523242: b_cycas_f.p3d was very large (384 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Very large search for 522361 (>320 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Search for 522361: b_cycas_f.p3d was very large (800 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Very large search for 521857 (>320 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Search for 521857: b_leucaena_f.p3d was very large (800 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Very large search for 522252 (>320 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Search for 522252: b_leucaena_f.p3d was very large (736 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Very large search for 522318 (>320 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Search for 522318: b_cycas_f.p3d was very large (832 m)
 8:24:43 Performance warning: Very large search for 480115 (>320 m)

(truncated: this error continues for awhile)

ALSO; getting this error with the same two Unsung campaigns - wondering if anything to do with Unsung/Alive lags in my campaigns: 

8:24:55 Warning: This version of ALiVE is build for A3 version: 182.144647. The server is running version: 182.144710. Please contact your server administrator and update to the latest ALiVE release version.

Thanks in advance for the help!

DrDetroit