ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

I have a BIG one This time.

ALIVE Missions cannot be finnished.

1.st the mission where you have to destroy enemy ammocache, we didnt find any ammo at the marker, so we destroied everything in the base, including buildings, but the mission still didnt got finished.

2.nd rescue hostage. After transporting the hostage to the return point nothing happends.  

1 hour ago, Mirek said:

I have a BIG one This time.

ALIVE Missions cannot be finnished.

1.st the mission where you have to destroy enemy ammocache, we didnt find any ammo at the marker, so we destroied everything in the base, including buildings, but the mission still didnt got finished.

2.nd rescue hostage. After transporting the hostage to the return point nothing happends.  

The ALiVE autogenerated tasks are known to have a bug here and there. All you have to do is manually complete or delete the task through the C2ISTAR tasking menu, and if you want a new one either wait for one to autogenerate or make one generate yourself through the same menu.

• Thanks 1

I know about the C2ISTAR way to solve this. and I do not like it much. I would rather find the way to fix the problem than be constantly fixing the results of the  problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mirek said:

I know about the C2ISTAR way to solve this. and I do not like it much. I would rather find the way to fix the problem than be constantly fixing the results of the  problem.

Better learn how to code then xD

On 12/21/2017 at 1:28 PM, friznit2 said:

ALiVE persistence works on profiled units or on objects / empty vehicles after player interaction.  If you spawn anything in via script or Zeus, it either must be profiled (you can use the Admin menu to profile all non-profiled items in game) or the player needs to get in/out (vehicles) or interact with it (ammo crates).

Could you explain further? Admin menu? What does it mean "profiling" objects?

Does Alive load a saved database after Server restart? It didn't seem like it at first glance. If so, how do you get it to do it?

Also, if one choosed to save locally, where does it save it then?

Can anyone link a detailed walk through on how to export a faction from the ORBAT creator? I've created a faction I want but I cannot figure out how to export/make a it into a PBO and all the information online is lacking in this regard. 

On 12/25/2017 at 10:00 AM, Mirek said:

Highhead just went though and cleaned up most of the tasks. If some are still having issues completing in the current release, please open a ticket on the Github with as much details as possible. 

2 hours ago, kennyleif said:

Could you explain further? Admin menu? What does it mean "profiling" objects?

The Admin menu is an option in the ALiVE menu, opened by default using the app key (this can be rebound, game restart required after changing the bind).

A profiled group means the group is virtualized, which it has to be for the commander to be aware of the group and give it orders. In regards to spawning objects via Zeus, such as a vehicle, ALiVE only knows how to save these when a player gets in as driver and then back out of it.

2 hours ago, kennyleif said:

Does Alive load a saved database after Server restart? It didn't seem like it at first glance. If so, how do you get it to do it?

Also, if one choosed to save locally, where does it save it then?

It does. For cloud saving, go to ALiVE’s War Room Page and register your server. If you want to save locally, it saves to your player profile. More info here with additional links embedded on the page: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ALiVE_Data  

15 minutes ago, ferpo_the_great said:

Can anyone link a detailed walk through on how to export a faction from the ORBAT creator? I've created a faction I want but I cannot figure out how to export/make a it into a PBO and all the information online is lacking in this regard. 

I haven’t made a faction but check this page and see if it helps: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ORBAT_Tool

Though be advised this will not tell you how to make a PBO file or what needs to be included for a PBO to be recognized by the game. Making a PBO file needs to be understood before trying to make a faction mod, so you may need to do some googling. For making files into PBO’s once you’re ready, I personally use this tool to pack up and unpack PBO’s: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

A profiled group means the group is virtualized, which it has to be for the commander to be aware of the group and give it orders. In regards to spawning objects via Zeus, such as a vehicle, ALiVE only knows how to save these when a player gets in as driver and then back out of it.

It does. For cloud saving, go to ALiVE’s War Room Page and register your server. If you want to save locally, it saves to your player profile. More info here with additional links embedded on the page: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ALiVE_Data  

So first of.
Can i profile everything I put down in via ZEUS? Like H-barriers, tents and all that stuff.

And also. Is there a difference in saving to war room db, and Locally? Which is preferred? And how do I set it up to save locally, and make it load after server restart? Because i didn't do that before.

20 minutes ago, kennyleif said:

So first of.
Can i profile everything I put down in via ZEUS? Like H-barriers, tents and all that stuff.

And also. Is there a difference in saving to war room db, and Locally? Which is preferred? And how do I set it up to save locally, and make it load after server restart? Because i didn't do that before.

Not sure honestly. ALiVE has a built in system for objects (under Logistics in the menu) where you can request objects/units/vehicles/etc such as h-barriers. These can be moved (by enabling player interaction with logistics objects in the in the ALiVE menu under Player Options) and will persist.

Vehicles will when placed with Zeus will persist, but again a player needs to get in as driver and get out.

I’d say local is better because unless we get more donations, War Room will close. Soon if the costs don’t get covered. You can enable local saving by selecting it in the data module, and turning persistence on in every module that offers it. To save, hit esc and press server save and exit. To continue, simply start the mission as if you were starting it from scratch (it will load automatically, as long as the PBO name is the same).

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Not sure honestly. ALiVE has a built in system for objects (under Logistics in the menu) where you can request objects/units/vehicles/etc such as h-barriers. These can be moved (by enabling player interaction with logistics objects in the in the ALiVE menu under Player Options) and will persist.

Vehicles will when placed with Zeus will persist, but again a player needs to get in as driver and get out.

I’d say local is better because unless we get more donations, War Room will close. Soon if the costs don’t get covered. You can enable local saving by selecting it in the data module, and turning persistence on in every module that offers it. To save, hit esc and press server save and exit. To continue, simply start the mission as if you were starting it from scratch (it will load automatically, as long as the PBO name is the same).

Reason i'm asking about the ZEUS objects placed down, is because, i'm hoping that Alive is able to save what I, the Gamemaster, sets up during a week through Zeus. Objects for the mission, enemy roadblocks and so forth. And in case of a server restart, i needs to be saved and loaded back up with the rest of the persistent objects, players, vehicles etc.

3 minutes ago, kennyleif said:

Reason i'm asking about the ZEUS objects placed down, is because, i'm hoping that Alive is able to save what I, the Gamemaster, sets up during a week through Zeus. Objects for the mission, enemy roadblocks and so forth. And in case of a server restart, i needs to be saved and loaded back up with the rest of the persistent objects, players, vehicles etc.

Understandable I’ve just never tried it. One way to find out. Try it. If it doesn’t work call in the object’s with the logistics menu.

1 minute ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Understandable I’ve just never tried it. One way to find out. Try it. If it doesn’t work call in the object’s with the logistics menu.

So what exactly is it i need to try. Use a Admin menu, and "add" all objects"?

37 minutes ago, kennyleif said:

So what exactly is it i need to try. Use a Admin menu, and "add" all objects"?

Personally, to test it, I’d enable player logistics in the Player Options menu in the ALiVE Menu (the option to interact with logistics objects is off by default in-game), then add the object(s) you want with Zeus, then see if you can interact with the object with the scroll wheel. If so, it will probably persist upon server save and exit because the objects will clearly be tied to the system. If not it probably won’t.

Though I get the feeling you’re also asking how to save your progress in general, would that be correct? I explained it above, with a link. In the Data module, you’ll have an option for cloud or local saving. Place Player Data too. Lots of other modules will have persistence yes/no options so look closely at all of them. Hit esc and server save and exit when you’re done. To load just play the mission again with the same PBO name.

Anyway, someone knows the answer for Zeus objects. I just don’t and have my doubts but just try it out and see. Unless someone that knows happens to hop in here and reply, all I can advise is to either try it yourself or just use the Logistics menu and make requests for your assets for now.

Can anyone tell me if there's an up to date Map Index for Australia? I know there's been problems with that map in the past but i remember someone mentioned that they had been talking with the author about getting an un-obfuscated version to do an index

Does Alive have an effect on Gamemaster module? After loading a map with Alive and Aliveserver, and some of the modules, I'm not able to use Zeus.

7 minutes ago, kennyleif said:

Does Alive have an effect on Gamemaster module? After loading a map with Alive and Aliveserver, and some of the modules, I'm not able to use Zeus.

No. I used Gamemaster myself with ALiVE just a couple days ago. It’s fine. You probably need to add the #adminLogged command or something.

8 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

No. I used Gamemaster myself with ALiVE just a couple days ago. It’s fine. You probably need to add the #adminLogged command or something.

Problem is we're 2 zeus normally. So I need both of us to be able to have acces to Zeus. Our normal way, with setting up gamemaster module with varible name of character who needs acces, doesn't work with Alive

11 minutes ago, kennyleif said:

Problem is we're 2 zeus normally. So I need both of us to be able to have acces to Zeus. Our normal way, with setting up gamemaster module with varible name of character who needs acces, doesn't work with Alive

I highly doubt that ALiVE would interfere with this in anyway. That said, if you’re 100% positive a no mods setup works, but an ALiVE CBA only repro mission doesn’t, feel free to open a ticket on the ALiVE Github and someone will take a look.

Just now, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I highly doubt that ALiVE would interfere with this in anyway. That said, if you’re 100% positive a no mods setup works, but an ALiVE CBA only repro mission doesn’t, feel free to open a ticket on the ALiVE Github and someone will take a look.

I have another server, with exact same setup, just without Alive, and it works fine there.

So I was playing around with the IED system and I made a few notes:

1. Vanilla Mine Detector doesn't detect ALIVE IEDs as mines. The ALIVE system itself works ok, I mean the little radar screen.
  2. Which means that the Demining Drones don't work on ALIVE IEDs.
  3. AI don't trigger IEDs. I saw a friendly AI drive over an IED and I ordered my teammate to stand on one to confirm.
  4. It would be good to be able to remove IED objects and clutter objects, so that I know I've cleared an area.

Also, if I don't sync the IED module to the Asymmetric Commander, there will be IEDs on the map at mission start, but once I've cleared them all, the insurgents will not plant new ones. Is that right?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying exploring everything ALIVE has to offer. Amazing system.....

@dreadpirate If you can duplicate that in an ALiVE and CBA only situation, can you open a ticket on the Github?

You are correct, not syncing the module will only place IED’s one time on mission start.