ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Maybe it’s just me but I am having no luck with the new Strategic Tasking system :(

I selected Strategic in the drop down menu but no tasks....none. 

Am I missing something?

no other mods running other than @ACE

On 30.11.2017 at 6:28 PM, tortuosit said:

Anyone having experience with jets for CAS runs? I have placed the module on Altis central airport runway 04R. Now what it does after the support call is driving in snail speed over to 04L, then go back to 04R. Took like 3 minutes until start. Is module rotation a factor here? EDIT: ArmA Editor forgets about rotation and placement radius when it comes to modules, which I reported once... but bug still there.

CAS + Jets, I can answer my own question.

Jets have to be placed as precise as possible on the runway and they have to be on the correct side of it, because otherwise they  taxi to the other side before start. Modules forget rotation and some other attributes in Eden saving unfortunately, so it is useful and IMO more intuitive to add real vehicle objects, as explained here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Support#Advanced_Vehicle_Placement

THIS WAY SUPPORT VEHICLES CAN BE PLACED PRECISELY!

I.e.:

- Add a real jet to Eden and link it to the Combat Spport Module

- Add some code lines to its init as described in http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Support#Advanced_Vehicle_Placement

(Transport!/CAS?) Land vehicles will not appear on the support tablet this way, they have to be spawned via a module. I sometimes add a Hunter as a transport vehicle to experience the joys of ArmAs driving AI. Let ArmA be ArmA again! The countless asking for SITREP. The uncertainty if it ever will approach me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, reaper lok said:

Maybe it’s just me but I am having no luck with the new Strategic Tasking system :(

I selected Strategic in the drop down menu but no tasks....none. 

Am I missing something?

no other mods running other than @ACE

This is what happens to me too. It’s my understanding Strategic tasking currently can only assign one task (which is an assault objective), and some criteria need to be met for the task to occur.

Consider Strategic tasking heavily WIP for now in other words. I’d say if you want more robust and frequent tasking for now, use auto tasking until Strategic gets fleshed out a bit more.

• Thanks 1

Yeah - I did read that it was a WIP. Thanx. 

Also - the change log mentioned a MP scenario on Malden, is that Malden 2035 as I cannot locate the mission files anywhere? 

32 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

Yeah - I did read that it was a WIP. Thanx. 

Also - the change log mentioned a MP scenario on Malden, is that Malden 2035 as I cannot locate the mission files anywhere? 

Yes. I think you’ll see a missions folder inside ALiVE. Pretty sure. If not dig around, they are there inside ALiVE somewhere.

I have looked and then looked again - maybe it was not included?

does anyone else see the Malden Mp mission?

16 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

I have looked and then looked again - maybe it was not included?

does anyone else see the Malden Mp mission?

I’ll look for you later. I can’t recall now, maybe they’re packed as a single PBO (maybe inside addons or something). Do you see any missions at all?

I know they were there last release. I finally unpacked them and was horrified with what I saw. Lol. So yeah expect more missions to come at some point. :)

Oh, packed in a missions pbo

Found it!!  That was not as advertised, lol

thanx 

• Like 1

Popped smoke confirmation isn't possible any more in the tablet...

Please confirm :-) 

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.5.2 HOTFIX

HOTFIX FOR THE HOTFIX

Updated in line with ArmA3 hotfix and added the latest Prei Khmaoch Luong index.  Threw in a couple of late breaking bug fixes too because we're a mod not a dev house and governance is for girls.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Pretty sure this Hotfix is missing 3 modules (or more)......hmmmm

alive_sup_transport

alive_sys_profile

alive_sys_playeroptions

once again - this could well be operator error?

They're in the download.  Try deleting and redownloading again?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, friznit2 said:

They're in the download.  Try deleting and redownloading again?

Strange things happening in the Armaverse, lol  I downloaded and unpacked 3 times and had multiple files missing, but what do you know if on the fith attempt (after seeing the above post), all files were accounted for!!

Thanx for the Hotfix and continued support for all of us ALiVE users ;)

• Like 1

Activate ied-module via script

How can I activate a in editor placed ied module via script?

If (number_CivReputation < 0) then {
};

A bit unrelated but I was wondering if you guys could tell me how to include missions in a mod? I've been trying but no luck so far. It would really help out!

6 hours ago, sic-disaster said:

A bit unrelated but I was wondering if you guys could tell me how to include missions in a mod? I've been trying but no luck so far. It would really help out!

Have never done it, can't you reverse engineer Alive? Also, Ravage mod has embedded missions. 

7 hours ago, sic-disaster said:

Not sure what you are asking here?

How to add tasks into an ALiVE framework or how to create a mission utilizing ALiVE features?  Or something else?

ALiVE Tasking

ALiVE Mod has some fantastic features from basic map population, troop transport and CAS support to the more complex Asymmetric AI Commander with IED factories and Civilian recruitment modules.

The reason for this post is to get some info or more so give some feedback to the ALiVE tasking system (auto tasking).  Which one of the talented Devs works on the tasking (I did look at the tasks PBO files and realized that I would not be able to add my own simple tasks to this array).

Thoughts:

Destroy Civilian Building - there is never any enemy at this task, why?

Transport the troops - often a little buggy with not knowing how many troops we are supposed to transport.  Task not completing even with all troops in transit......grrrr

If we (the ALiVE community) could create or at least suggest a few simple tasks (for variety) would they be considered?

Ideas:

1.  Steal an Enemy Vehicle (return it to base)?

2.  Secure Intel (Briefcase or Laptop)?

3.  Transport and Deploy an F.O.B. (logistics mission)?

4.  Dive to sunken plane or boat wreck to retrieve Intel etc (showcase some of Arma's water features)?

5.  Transport a supply truck from point A to point B (if destroyed - mission failed)?

6.  Ambush a convoy that has a designated start and end point?

7.  Mark a building for CAS attack (strobe mark a building)?

8.  Capture and Hold - secure 2 or more military locations at the same time (alive profile triggers needed)?

9.  Destroy Missile Supplies (new objects available in the editor now available - missile trolley)?

10.  Combine some of the above in some sort of mini-story mode or parent task fashion?

Again - just my idea of ALiVE utopia as I reminisce about the old ARMA 2 days of MSO with the squad leader having a Backpack to call in tasks :)

REAPER

• Like 2

Nice idea, BUt i  would rather see ALIVE tasking to create tasks according to what is Actualy hapening on the map. 

I tested ALIVE tasking a bit, and it seems  absolutely unrelated to what is going on in the mission.  

Example: 

I have a main base and a FOB.

The FOB gets under attack.

I would expect ALIVE to Create a "Defend" task, but i get completely unrelated task on the other end of the map.

Virtual comander doesnt even send AI to help the FOB. 

I tested it several times, and the FOB was lost each time withnout AI commander even noticing it. Not even an information about Frendlies under attack. 

Not mentioning that the FOB was on one occasion lost to an inferior enemy force. Like  12 enemy troops conquered fortified base defended by like 30 troops, because half of the troops inside the base just ignored that they are fire upon, and troops patroling outside the base just kept patroling behind a hill 300m from the base not reacting to nearby shoting at all. But thats ARMA AI not ALIVE issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mirek said:

Nice idea, BUt i  would rather see ALIVE tasking to create tasks according to what is Actualy hapening on the map. 

I tested ALIVE tasking a bit, and it seems  absolutely unrelated to what is going on in the mission.  

Example: 

I have a main base and a FOB.

The FOB gets under attack.

I would expect ALIVE to Create a "Defend" task, but i get completely unrelated task on the other end of the map.

Virtual comander doesnt even send AI to help the FOB. 

I tested it several times, and the FOB was lost each time withnout AI commander even noticing it. Not even an information about Frendlies under attack. 

Not mentioning that the FOB was on one occasion lost to an inferior enemy force. Like  12 enemy troops conquered fortified base defended by like 30 troops, because half of the troops inside the base just ignored that they are fire upon, and troops patroling outside the base just kept patroling behind a hill 300m from the base not reacting to nearby shoting at all. But thats ARMA AI not ALIVE issue.

ALivE tasking is without a doubt completely unrelated to what is going on in the actual map, however, if I am understanding correctly, the NEW 'strategic' tasking that is available in a drop down menu where you can select auto tasking is moving toward your suggestions above.....I think.  It's still a work in progress at the moment.

ALiVE tasking also suffers from location selection and often you can play 7 or 8 tasks created by auto tasking all within a 3K radius, often well within friendly zones that see the task completed by AI troops before you even mark the map with an insertion point.

ALiVE Devs have often stated that the tasking is a placeholder or has been slightly improved etc etc.  I am not complaining in any way, shape or form, just explaining how great it would be if the tasking had some love :)

I myself am an amateur Mission Maker who creates some in depth scenarios for our gaming group always with ALiVE systems as a backdrop to either populate the map or to enable in-game functions.  I would like to spend some time developing an immersive F.O.B. or staging area and then sit back relax and enjoy ALiVE create dynamic tasking on the fly......with variety.  I think its the one area that is missing and here is WHY.

Tasking is a huge element that is being overlooked or kept in its basic form because ALiVE as a Mod does literally everything else.  ALiVE is almost a complete game mode in itself with the exception of the tasking (due to its basic form currently).

We don't need anymore features - ALiVE has everything!

We don't need anymore Map indexing (of course we do, lol)

We don't need a Tank AI Commander (when Tanks DLC releases, lol)

What we don need/want is Objectives and a robust tasking system that is worthy of such a great Mod like ALiVE.  IMHO

• Like 1

I have a problem with a faction from RHS. rhs_faction_usmc_d 

When I place a player (for example Grenadier) from that faction on the map and also a military AI Commander and a Military Placement module the AI is firing on me instantly after spawning. If I use rhs_faction_usarmy_d for the AI nobody is firing at me. Any suggestions? 

2 minutes ago, commanderx said:

I have a problem with a faction from RHS. rhs_faction_usmc_d 

When I place a player (for example Grenadier) from that faction on the map and also a military AI Commander and a Military Placement module the AI is firing on me instantly after spawning. If I use rhs_faction_usarmy_d for the AI nobody is firing at me. Any suggestions? 

Have you changed the Faction in the Modules that you are placing on the Map?  By default I think its OPFOR.

Yes, I checked it several times. After changing to the army faction of RHS everything worked fine.

• Like 1