ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

@lordprimate Seeing it since the release of Malden is not useful information because this issue is supposed to have been fixed just recently in the newest version of ALiVE. If it’s occuring now, yes it is a problem.

Should be easy enough to remove those clientside mods and post the mission for review if you’re still seeing it. I know it’s frustrating, but the lead devs that can actually fix this stuff get bombarded with issue reports and tickets, and it’s so often the case the problem is caused by a mod that isn’t ALiVE, due to time constraints and plain old common sense, issues with just ALiVE and CBA only have to take a front seat over the other ones, because these issues are generally pretty simple to isolate and in turn, fix.

Example. I submitted a bug report the other day. The problem had been in ALiVE for forever but I never bothered to repro with just vanilla and the devs had never seen it themselves. Finally I got sick of it, spent the time setting up a vanilla repro, reported it, and it was fixed internally the same day, and my guess was this problem had been in ALiVE for YEARS. 

ALiVE and CBA only repros are really the best way to demonstrate problems the team has control over. They have so much to do, troubleshooting problems they don’t have control over is just a simple waste of resources.

Unable to access the C/C functions as my keyboard lacks the action key( or it just does not work ), and have tried numerous remaps. All I can hear is a beeping sound when I try to access C2. Thought it might be me but then I saw this

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/620260972/1474222595305664490/

Could be anything including a conflict with something else running. I loaded the HQConcepts scenario by Friznet and was able to use the various laptops to do stuff so the system does work. 

Posted on the Alive board as well

I've seen several posts both here and on the alive boards about vanilla Nato or Csat stuff spawning when using the Player Close support module. I think its due to players using non-vanilla content like CUP and not changing the vehicle type to match the particular mod. Its set to spawn vanilla and if left unchanged that's what it will do.

Sure

The problem I am having is in using the C2ISTAR and in accessing the ALiVE menu. The app key to which it was binded to originally did not work...got nothing, not even a beeping sound. So I rebinded the key to Ctrl+middle mouse button. Now I can hear a beeping sound but still no access to the menu's. This happens regardless to the faction, be it vanilla or custom and with either the laser designator or the tablet.

I can however use the laserdesignator to talk to pilots of transport aircraft and order helo movement to point x for example. 

I can access the menu's through using Friznit's scenario HQConcepts and its custom hq layout with the various laptops. That tells me the system itself is working. Its just in the method used to access it. The other users on steam with similar issues all appear to have started in the past 2 months so its possible its related to something BIS has done with its various hotfixes.

6 hours ago, kklownboy said:

dont you need the tablet too?

I think you only need one...which ever is listed in the module when you set the parameters. The default is the laser.

Hello, I'm trying to set up the war room and persistence on my dedicated server (rented from swiftnode) and I can't figure out how to get it working. Is there anything specific I need to know about getting it working in such a setup? Or does it not work with rented servers? 

Thanks!

Hoi,

I am creating my own faction with the ORBAT tool. Works fine. I copied and edited existing factions, created the autogen.hpp and configpatches.hpp respectively and finally created an own pbo to load as a mod. But how can I continue previous work since I cannot finish everything in one session. The ORBAT FAQ tells me

"The ORBAT Creator cannot save data to disk, it can only export to clipboard. Be sure to export your work and save it as a text file before closing the mission or you will lose your changes. You can import factions into the Orbat Tool to carry on working on them later."

But I cannot find out how exactly I can import factions I already created earlier. Any hints?

11 hours ago, Outbreakdubs said:

Hello, I'm trying to set up the war room and persistence on my dedicated server (rented from swiftnode) and I can't figure out how to get it working. Is there anything specific I need to know about getting it working in such a setup? Or does it not work with rented servers? 

Thanks!

I assume you've followed the instructions in the War Room server setup?  Rented servers are hit and miss depending on the provider.  ALiVE persistence requires certain files to function and sometimes providers block access to these files (.dll .exe  and so on).  Your best bet is to open a ticket with the provider and give them the server setup instructions.  It's possible they have other Arma/ALiVE clients and have set this up already.

You can also post your persistence log (found in @aliveserver folder) and RPT file (found in server root directory) to pastebin and link back here for us to look at.. might have some useful information.

Bear in mind also that you don't need to set up War if you use local persistence, which is the preferred option.  You will only need War Room to benefit from Mission Stats and After Action Reviews.

@tobur If you have it running your new faction in the mod line, when you load the Orbat Creator it will show up in the faction list.  Import and edit it like you would any other faction.

• Thanks 1

TO setup local persistence do you just need to switch the database source in the ALiVE Data module from cloud to local?

13 minutes ago, FoxhoundBC said:

TO setup local persistence do you just need to switch the database source in the ALiVE Data module from cloud to local?

Yes, though you’ll still need to enable persistence in all the modules that give you the option (at least the ones you want to persist). Then just use the server save and exit option in the esc menu and it will save locally.

• Like 1

Is there anyway to edit the contents of the equipment boxes that are used for player resuply? I know you can choose and remove certain boxes, but what about the actual contents? Thanks.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 12:18 PM, jtareb1 said:

Sure

The problem I am having is in using the C2ISTAR and in accessing the ALiVE menu. The app key to which it was binded to originally did not work...got nothing, not even a beeping sound. So I rebinded the key to Ctrl+middle mouse button. Now I can hear a beeping sound but still no access to the menu's. This happens regardless to the faction, be it vanilla or custom and with either the laser designator or the tablet.

I can however use the laserdesignator to talk to pilots of transport aircraft and order helo movement to point x for example. 

I can access the menu's through using Friznit's scenario HQConcepts and its custom hq layout with the various laptops. That tells me the system itself is working. Its just in the method used to access it. The other users on steam with similar issues all appear to have started in the past 2 months so its possible its related to something BIS has done with its various hotfixes.

Problem solved

Just rebind to the left side Win button. 

Thx to HeroesandVillainsOS  for finding this fix. 

8 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Thanks to Bradon for giving me the tip which I passed to you. ^^^

Now if you can fix the bridge on Tanoa that the AI refuses to use....:don12:

Hi,

i Have a problem.

Iam Trying to learn ALIVE basics, watching tutorials.

I have set up the basics 

Spoiler

_XBA1h7mGOT7FP5Uf5q36ZKJpZlAy15Nfu5_xKTp[/img]

Put down bluefor

Spoiler

fhVkoIGXOjOz0gl8MFZbzotiaLeUVH7iOU8vNdSL[/img]

Put down Opfor

Spoiler

5l3O6Ya428mHbUFu8oIMeI6eq4wVLSrLvQQE-q14

Set the opfor commander

Spoiler

HY0-dO4Kv2iSZzsDJb8YMyLnnmX_my9RY_iLVDLW

Set the opfor military ojective 

Spoiler

IXgvxVxxs2YgQ_3nxqoMzo8UWDnBYfZ6o1GPp_Bp

And started the game to see what happends. 

What is happening is, that Opfpr soldiers behave absolutly nonsensical. Some of them get along well, but i saw two patrolls engaging each other like they were sworn enemies, ending in total obliteration of one of them. Or One guy shooting at another patroll killing them all because they completely ignored him, despite the fact that he was 10 meters from them on flat open terrain. 

Is that a Normal ALIVE behaviour?

Hi @Mirek It’s impossible to know what’s going on without seeing the mission or at the very least, screenshots of all of the modules with their options showing (the objective and commander modules for each side would be the most important). That said, ALiVE doesn’t support the GREF faction you are using. A list of supported factions for RHS is here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

My best guess is you either haven’t properly filled out the faction overrides or the unsupported faction you are using is causing CSAT to spawn instead on occasion, causing the IND and OPF factions to attack each other in an unintended way.

Also be sure if you are using and independent faction to set who is hostile to them in the settings section in the editor.

Thanks man, ill try to set the hostilities right.  

On 22. 11. 2017 at 5:18 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hi @Mirek It’s impossible to know what’s going on without seeing the mission or at the very least, screenshots of all of the modules with their options showing (the objective and commander modules for each side would be the most important). That said, ALiVE doesn’t support the GREF faction you are using. A list of supported factions for RHS is here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

My best guess is you either haven’t properly filled out the faction overrides or the unsupported faction you are using is causing CSAT to spawn instead on occasion, causing the IND and OPF factions to attack each other in an unintended way.

Also be sure if you are using and independent faction to set who is hostile to them in the settings section in the editor.

OK hostility settings did the trick. Thanks. 

Other Problem with Alive is that Any helicopter ALIVE spawns imediately crashes and blows UP.  Spawned Cars are often ejected into air and then fall down and explode How do i Prevent it? Is it Normal in ALIVE?

4 hours ago, Mirek said:

OK hostility settings did the trick. Thanks. 

Other Problem with Alive is that Any helicopter ALIVE spawns imediately crashes and blows UP.  Spawned Cars are often ejected into air and then fall down and explode How do i Prevent it? Is it Normal in ALIVE?

Some maps have odd layouts and try to spawn helicopters and vehicles in spots that make them expolode. Is this a vanilla map? If so that shouldn’t be happening.

If it’s a modded map, it can still happen, especially with heli’s so I usually turn the spawn choppers option off in the MIL obj module on maps it happens on.

• Like 1

i would like to suggest a feature that lets any side to build a defensive parameters around the city or the military base that they control , i find it very easy to breach the enemy controlled zones and capture it

OK thanks Heroesandvillains,  i vill set them of.

The Map is Lythium, wich is on the supported maps list so i thought it would work. 

OK Newermind. 

Another question. There is that C2ISTAR thingy, wich is nice, but can i set it so no player is able to assing Tasks? i want the tasks to be generated by the virtual commander only.

23 minutes ago, Mirek said:

OK thanks Heroesandvillains,  i vill set them of.

The Map is Lythium, wich is on the supported maps list so i thought it would work. 

OK Newermind. 

Another question. There is that C2ISTAR thingy, wich is nice, but can i set it so no player is able to assing Tasks? i want the tasks to be generated by the virtual commander only.

Lythium is supported. It’s just that the base areas and places where helo’s spawn are very decorated and cramped, so unfortunately this can probably cause issues with ambient helicopter spawns when selected in the MIL Obj module (I personally don’t allow them on Lythium because I’d assumed this would happen for this exact reason, but to be fair I haven’t even tested it myself). Ambient civ vehicles (selcted in the Civ Placement module) seem ok from what I’ve seen though, but the map is really big, so of course I haven’t checked every square inch. So far so good for me though. 

Regarding limiting who can request tasks, I believe the easiest solution to this would be to make the object needed to access the C2ISTAR menu in-game unique. By default that object is LaserDesignator but you can change that in the module itself in the editor. Try using something only the admin is allowed to carry and see if it works out for you. It should but I’ve never tried limiting it myself.