ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Hi I have a problem with fixed military logistics. Sometimes OPCOM doesn't (re)capture its own logistics objective after loading from save (was owned at time of saving). When I check the objectives in the tablet it is unassigned while other less important objectives are. Aside from hacky solutions like placing a few squads at objective in editor and adding profiling command in init (to make sure they are spawned at location even after save loading) or placing a custom objective with a really high priority (I don't want enemy to make a bee line for the hub every single time), is there a way to make sure objective ownership is the same as at the time of saving when I load?

4 hours ago, dodecahedron said:

Hi I have a problem with fixed military logistics. Sometimes OPCOM doesn't (re)capture its own logistics objective after loading from save (was owned at time of saving). When I check the objectives in the tablet it is unassigned while other less important objectives are. Aside from hacky solutions like placing a few squads at objective in editor and adding profiling command in init (to make sure they are spawned at location even after save loading) or placing a custom objective with a really high priority (I don't want enemy to make a bee line for the hub every single time), is there a way to make sure objective ownership is the same as at the time of saving when I load?

I would make an account on alivemod.com/forum and post your question there.  We'll need to see your RPT file (server) which should have more info.  How are you saving - War Room, local DB?

On 9/12/2017 at 3:53 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hmm. What's the mission? Do you have another keyboard lying around you can try? If not...

Try this. Open the editor with only CBA and ALiVE loaded. No other mods please. Place down ALiVE Required, ALiVE Virtual AI, and I guess the Military AI Commander module synced to a Military Placement Military/Civilian Objective module, then place down a playable character somewhere, and click play.

Try the ALiVE menu again (with the default app key).

If this doesn't work (either a fresh vanilla mission or a different keyboard), I have no clue. Finger's crossed and good luck. Please post back what happens and if it's still giving you issues, maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Still no luck

@devildog664 try the instructions from https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/715#issuecomment-312447554

Start editor and open debug console and run

tmp = [0,[false,false,false]];
["ALiVE","openMenu", "Open Menu (Requires Restart)", {playsound "HintCollapse"}, {}, tmp, false, 0, true] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;

Hopefully that should overwrite the saved setting in your profile and fix the issue for now

• Like 1

I actually fix it just kept rebinding to different keys and restating it and it just randomly worked with the windows key. Thanks for all your help guys. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2017 at 10:48 PM, SavageCDN said:

I would make an account on alivemod.com/forum and post your question there.  We'll need to see your RPT file (server) which should have more info.  How are you saving - War Room, local DB?

Wait NVM I found out what I did wrong

I thought the hangars at Altis airport (the big one) was a mil objective not a civ so there was no hq placed lol.

Anyway I have another question. Is there a set of conditions to use so I can detect when AlLiVE is saving? I want to disable VCOM during the process to speed it up. Or if anyone could suggest a less resource intensive way to get spawned profiles to us Arty and mortars that'd be great. Is it faster to save in War Room btw?

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.4.0

Air Tasking Orders
The second iteration of the Military Air Component Commander (MACC) includes a full suite of Air Tasking Orders (ATO).  As well as setting Combat Air Patrols (CAP), Air Command can now scramble Defensive Counter Air (DCA) against incoming enemy strike aircraft, order Offensive Counter Air (OCA) against enemy airfields and Suppression of Enemy Air Defences (SEAD) against detected Ground Based Air Defences (GBAD).  MACC has been integrated into the ground forces chain of command, so the Military AI Commander can request Close Air Support (CAS) for troops in contact or Recce and Strike missions on enemy held objectives.  The AI Commander's decision-action cycle has been adjusted to accomodate the new capabilities.  OPCOM requests aerial recce on large objective (>150) in hostile areas then calls OCA if air assets are detected or CAS if armoured units are spotted.

Air Tasking Orders have been integrated with the C2ISTAR module's autogenerated player tasks.  If no AI aircraft are available, MACC will offer the ATO to players.  The Combat Search and Rescue autogen task has been updated to direct players to recover downed pilots from actual aircraft crash sites.  We're planning to add more integrated C2ISTAR tasks in future so that players can contribute directly to the AI generated ground war.

In other news, thanks to feedback from Vegas and others, we have reviewed the way CQB persistence works.  Previously you had to clear an entire sector completely for it to persist as cleared, which could be frustrating if you missed a building in a thousand metre square city.  The size of area that you must clear has been reduced tenfold and once all known sub sectors are clear, the entire CQB sector is considered clear for the purposes of persistence.

Note for Server Admins & Mission Editors

Finally, a couple of important house keeping notes for mission editors and server admins
1. Since APEX assets are now available to all, the APEX compositions have been merged into the main branch and are no longer in optional folder
2. We have started updating our modules to support the 3DEN configuration (Player Options, ALiVE Required, C2ISTAR).  In case of issues, simply delete and replace the modules and check the modules settings.
3. Logistics replacements for destroyed aircraft is coming in the next release.  For now, when all aircraft are lost or destroyed MACC will exit.

ALiVE War Room
The ALiVE War Room is seeing more activity than ever and the introduction of the new AAR tool provided by Titan has seen a big increase in the amount of data we handle each week.  The War Room service is completely free to end users and the server costs are paid for out of donations.  If you enjoy using the War Room, please consider supporting our server costs with a small donation to keep it ALiVE!

Release Highlights

See full commit history on Github

• Military Air Component Commander Air Tasking Orders
  • Map Indexes - Prei Khmaoch Luong; Xcam Taunus; Saint Kapaulio (fix); Saralite (fix); I44 Merderet/V2/Winter; I44 Battle of Bulge; I44 Sark; Beketov
  • Enhanced Mod Compatability - IFA3, 3CB and RHS logistics unit mapping added to static data
  • Persistant Start State - Battle Casualty Replacement requests are now based on original force size and not the force size at the last mission start
  • Persistent Building State - destroyed buildings are now persisted
  • Player Logistics - Added ability to whitelist logistics supplies by faction
  • Disable Insurgent Installatioins - Disabling installations such as IED factories in asymmetric mode no longer requires the building to be demolished
  • Remove Roadbloacks - Added the ability to remove roadblocks (approach the centre of the roadblock and hold space when prompted)
  • Zeus Remote Control - Units will no longer despawn if remote controlled by Zeus
  • VCOM Support - Prevent VCOM overriding Combat Support (thanks Genesis!)

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with vanilla repros please) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
We may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 20

These new updates look great, I may have to revisit the ALiVE mod, it's been awhile!

BIG THX to the ALiVE Team for their :icon_dj:ever-improving framework that has already given me hours and hours of great editing and gameplay over the years! 

This update shows once again that there are still, after all this time, new levels of immersion to expect from your gifted and extremely tenacious coders and/or contributers.  Persistent building destruction, removal of roadblocks, disabling insurgent installations without destroying civ property... these alone will make me experience existing missions completely fresh! 

Call me a fanboi anyone who likes to do so, but ALiVE has never ceased to amaze me.  It's not only a great piece of code changing the way I play ARMA in the best possible ways, ALiVE also has IMHO a very helpful dev team which is trying to consider user's feature wishlists - and which then is succeeding at the implementation of a damn big lot of these wishes!!!

• Like 5

Great release, the wait was long plus this version has really cool additions. Now I would like a little more detail on this: "Disable Insurgent Installatioins - Disabling installations such as IED factories in asymmetric mode no longer requires the building to be demolished"

Many thanks to all of ALiVE's team for the fantastic work

9 minutes ago, GhostSniper said:

Great release, the wait was long plus this version has really cool additions. Now I would like a little more detail on this: "Disable Insurgent Installatioins - Disabling installations such as IED factories in asymmetric mode no longer requires the building to be demolished"

Many thanks to all of ALiVE's team for the fantastic work

At insurgent HQ's, you'll now see an on-screen prompt to hold the space bar to neutralize it. You can still blow them up, but now you don't have to.

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

As always - thanks for your hard work and continued support !!!

:thumb:

Is there a good showcase mission for the air warfare stuff ?

If we already have an INDEX from H&V on the Prei map - should we remove it ?

Regards,

Scott

12 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

As always - thanks for your hard work and continued support !!!

:thumb:

Is there a good showcase mission for the air warfare stuff ?

If we already have an INDEX from H&V on the Prei map - should we remove it ?

Regards,

Scott

Hey Scott, I think Highhead merged an ATO showcase into the mod directly. Take a look and see if you see a missions folder. If not I'll ask if he can link the PBO.

Yes, you can remove the index X folder from your mission now. 

• Like 1

Hi H&V,

Doh - sure enough - right where you said they would be - never noticed them before... Much appreciate the steer - sir...

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

You should note that we also updated the logic behind civilian hostility to armed forces.

Detonating IED's in villages/towns will increase civilian hostility... always best to disarm them.

Disarming IEDs will of course decrease civilian hostility.

Destroying buildings in villages/towns will increase civilian hostility as does killing civilians etc.

Civilian hostility has a bigger role in asymmetric warfare with ALiVE where civs can decide to join insurgent forces or provide you with intelligence on them.

Given the Laws of War, expect more of this in future releases.

Cheers,

Tup

PS. Yes, release also doesn't mention HighHead's new ALIVE Military Air Component Commander Showcase mission.

• Like 8

So we may see a even deeper emphasis on caring for the civilian population? I remember seeing some suggestions to that effect in relation to the Laws of War DLC on the ALiVE Forum and found the suggestions of features that would encourage avoiding heavy combat around civilian areas and delivering humanitarian aid very interesting and it would probably change quite a few player attitudes to the civilian population :satisfied:

15 hours ago, Hamakaze said:

So we may see a even deeper emphasis on caring for the civilian population? I remember seeing some suggestions to that effect in relation to the Laws of War DLC on the ALiVE Forum and found the suggestions of features that would encourage avoiding heavy combat around civilian areas and delivering humanitarian aid very interesting and it would probably change quite a few player attitudes to the civilian population :satisfied:

Yes, you can envision possibilities around using the IDAP faction or delivering medical/food aid to towns as a way of reducing civilian hostility to BLUFOR. Of course OPFOR will likely continue their evil ways, expect to see the use of cluster ammunition where appropriate, mine fields etc.

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/425

• Like 6

Also to add, there's a few good nuggets in this release.

For those of you that wanted more IEDs, we changed the way IEDs are placed by insurgents. Expect more objectives targeted by Asymmetric Warfare commanders to include IEDs or roadblocks (and take advantage of the new roadblock removal mechanism along the way). 

We fixed a reasonably common MP save issue where player data was not properly saved or restored, for those of you affected by this, it should be fixed now.

Using autogenerated tasks with ATO, will provide players with a pretty cool stream of air tasking orders, all linked to the actual efforts of the MACC. Highhead's showcase mission does a splendid job of well erm showcasing this! Its a lot of fun to grab a jet and get tasked to go destroy vehicles, infantry, buildings, runways or intercept enemy aircraft.

We also improved OPCOM logic in a number of areas check out the change log for (unreleased) version 1.3.7. https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases

Anyway, we really hope you enjoy this release and we are always happy to hear nice feedback and obviously bug reports ;)

• Like 8

Hello ALive team just wanted to say you guys are doing a great job and have made enjoying Arma so easy. The progress you all have made since your very first release is incredible and your innovation for new ideas is top notch. Please keep up the great work. 

Oh and I can't thank you enough for adding single player saves ???

On on a side not since I won't be able to try the new release until mid October, was anything added this release to reinforce the air commander with planes and pilots? 

7 hours ago, sharpie7051 said:

On on a side not since I won't be able to try the new release until mid October, was anything added this release to reinforce the air commander with planes and pilots? 

Next release!

• Like 1

@DEVS: how should I set the IED Module in the current version if I have an assymetric OPFOR and want the "old" coincidence between the area under their control and the appearance of the IED's? 

I used to sync the IED Module with the Assymetric commander and have done the same now, but which of the options for Suicide Bomber/VBIED Locations within IED Module is the best if I do that synching with the assym commander?  I have given them a TAOR for the start of the insurgency, but do not want IED's and suicide bombers to appear only in this TAOR.  I want them to spread out from there, and that's why I haven't set the TAOR for the IED's.  Only the BLUFOR Bases are blacklisted, the rest of the map should have probability of IED's/suiciders IF under full or partial Insurgent control.  I'll send a pic of my current settings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phivhgnxdb8bz7q/IED_MODULE_SETTING.png?dl=0

Kind Regards

tourist

@tourist It's my understanding that IED's/VBIED's/suicide bombers should have a chance to appear at any area the insurgents are in control of, regardless of where they start. If your mission is setup in way to allow the insurgents to be aware of objectives outside of their TAOR (which would be key for them moving outside of the TAOR in general), then these "should" proliferate as they expand their territory.

I'll leave it to @tupolov to confirm/deny though.