ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

rarityGroup isn't used by ALiVE but it's probably something that BI uses for their dynamic battlefield module or whatever it's called. Basically the higher the number the more that group would appear.

On 8/25/2017 at 6:05 AM, hellfire257 said:

Just a quick question I can't find covered elsewhere. In your example faction config standardisation example, you've got the entry rarityGroup. Could you please provide a quick explanation of this entry and how it works? I'm not sure what values to assign or what the values will correspond to.

Cheers!

Don't believe rarity group is used at all right now.

Edit: Damn you Marcel

• Like 1

Sorry if i missed it somewhere in documentation, but how  Virtual AI System, HC AI  interacts with non profiled units

(OPFOR AI tank (not synched to system) stays, BLUFOR cached unit coming to it: and going trough it's position without any influence?)

That's correct, profiled units can only interact with other profiled units unless they're spawned in.

5 minutes ago, marceldev89 said:

That's correct, profiled units can only interact with other profiled units unless they're spawned in.

Thank you for answer,

hm.., then is some ways to add units to system:

1. after spawning them in zeus;

2. after spawning by other scripts

?

20 hours ago, Ilias48rus said:

Thank you for answer,

hm.., then is some ways to add units to system:

1. after spawning them in zeus;

2. after spawning by other scripts

?

There is a script you can run to spawn and profile a group:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Spawn_.26_Profile_Group_Script_By_Jman

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Question: I use ALiVE a bunch as strictly the OPFOR - amphibious assaults are probably one of my favorite aspects of ArmA and my BLUFOR are usually fixed assets not virtualized... I found that once I sync assets to the Virtual Module they no longer follow my scripts and become completely autonomous under the control of the Military Commander Module... So - if I launch some air assets to soften up the LZ - they arrive at the LZ and all the OPFOR are virtualized so there's nothing there to soften up - they only spawn - unrealistically - when I get close... My fixed air assets just hovering above them as they spawn are sitting ducks... Is there a way to make a second "player presence" active at your target area that would allow virtualized assets to spawn - thereby - having two sides represented in the planned battle location - while I'm still back at base with the troop insertion packages ??? If I'm at the base - there are usually no OPFOR there within the radius so from a performance standpoint I can afford to move the active battle (spawn) area somewhere else on the map and I arrive on scene to whatever mayhem results from the real battle...

Thanks - LOL - I hope that was clear...

:thumb:

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Currently there is no way to mark an area as active. The only ways to activate an area is to move yourself there or use Zeus and set the camera to that location. There is a ticket that broadly asks for what you're asking for at https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/321 but it's been closed for unknown reasons.

• Like 2

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the response and all you and the team do...

Is this something you would be interested in - so should I try and create a ticket ? Either way is fine - whatever you you guys prefer...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some form of player designated "activator" would be great for small player count servers, especially with player operated aircraft. For example something you can "target" and later cancel similar tp arty or air strikes. Jets have default 0 spawn radius, understandably so since whatever they activate is likely to be behind them by the time they're in.

With such a marker, a player could designate an area to operate in, performong recon, hit defenses or reinforcrments moving to the front, etc. Would be a great addition on larger maps. Of course it's a tad easier to think and want than to code and implement... :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BvB1 said:

Of course it's a tad easier to think and want than to code and implement... :)

If you can dream it you can do it......or at least one of the clever ALiVE Devs can ;)

• Like 2

On 9/4/2017 at 10:33 AM, BvB1 said:

Some form of player designated "activator" would be great for small player count servers, especially with player operated aircraft. For example something you can "target" and later cancel similar tp arty or air strikes. Jets have default 0 spawn radius, understandably so since whatever they activate is likely to be behind them by the time they're in.

With such a marker, a player could designate an area to operate in, performong recon, hit defenses or reinforcrments moving to the front, etc. Would be a great addition on larger maps. Of course it's a tad easier to think and want than to code and implement... :)

Or you could alternatively on small player count servers change the spawn radius to include several hundred or a few thousand meters of distance. Typically we have more than one person in Zeus for those reasons exactly in order to "prep" the battlefield and reduce load on the server just for convenience sake. It was something we started doing 2-3 years ago to keep the players from getting booted or loosing connection with the server once ALiVE started spawning in virtualized troops. It also helps us keep the virtualized troops from running there at top speed all the time since they only travel in straight virtual lines and don't follow the roads or paths on the map.

Been getting this error for the last couple months now and still cant fix it. Alive still works i just cant bring up any alive dialog as in the commanders tablet or support ect. 

14:32:23 Error in expression <re")) then {
if (["ALiVE_require"] call ALiVE_fnc_isModuleAvailable) then {

wai>
14:32:23   Error position: <ALiVE_fnc_isModuleAvailable) then {

wai>
14:32:23   Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_fnc_ismoduleavailable
14:32:23 File po_factions_me\staticData.sqf, line 3

@devildog664 That last error is caused by Project OPFOR. Keeway (PO dev) has fixed it internally. But it's really anyone's guess when, if ever, the mod will be updated. As far as I can tell, it's harmless though. PO is just doing a check for ALiVE and gives this error when it can't find it. This is why you'll see it as soon as you open the editor. ALiVE hasn't loaded yet.

I seem to have a problem where i cant open the alive dialog at all i hear are sound of it oping like it used too but for some reason it does not come up. I tried to rebind the keys re install but nothing works. This is even after i removed all mods except CBA and Alive.

28 minutes ago, devildog664 said:

I seem to have a problem where i cant open the alive dialog at all i hear are sound of it oping like it used too but for some reason it does not come up. I tried to rebind the keys re install but nothing works. This is even after i removed all mods except CBA and Alive.

I believe someone did report an issue like this, and it had to do with using a custom keybind for the ALiVE menu (the default keybind is the app menu key).

Assuming your keyboard has this key, is that what it's bound to? If not, can you try it?

EDIT: Also make sure the ALiVE Required module is placed in the mission.

Yes the alive module is there and yes I have the app key from what I recall a couple months ago it did not work with the app key that's why I changed the key. But tomorrow I'll change it back and see if that works. 

On 9/9/2017 at 10:13 AM, Nichols said:

Or you could alternatively on small player count servers change the spawn radius to include several hundred or a few thousand meters of distance. Typically we have more than one person in Zeus for those reasons exactly in order to "prep" the battlefield and reduce load on the server just for convenience sake. It was something we started doing 2-3 years ago to keep the players from getting booted or loosing connection with the server once ALiVE started spawning in virtualized troops. It also helps us keep the virtualized troops from running there at top speed all the time since they only travel in straight virtual lines and don't follow the roads or paths on the map.

Hi just wanted to mention a few things - there is a setting to adjust how quickly groups spawn called SmoothSpawn in the Virtual AI  module - that might help with the server load when spawning lots of AI groups.  Also in the same module there are two settings called Virtual Combat Speed Modifier and Profile Speed Modifier that might help with keeping virtual troops from moving too quickly.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Virtual_AI_System

• Like 1

Tried resting the button to the app key and restart the game still no luck does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it. This mod used to work fine for me. 

26 minutes ago, devildog664 said:

Tried resting the button to the app key and restart the game still no luck does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it. This mod used to work fine for me. 

Make sure to reboot Arma after changing you keybind back to default, and obviously that your Arma, ALiVE and CBA are up to date and see if it starts working again.

44 minutes ago, devildog664 said:

That are all up to date and did restart the game. So at this point I don't know. 

Hmm. What's the mission? Do you have another keyboard lying around you can try? If not...

Try this. Open the editor with only CBA and ALiVE loaded. No other mods please. Place down ALiVE Required, ALiVE Virtual AI, and I guess the Military AI Commander module synced to a Military Placement Military/Civilian Objective module, then place down a playable character somewhere, and click play.

Try the ALiVE menu again (with the default app key).

If this doesn't work (either a fresh vanilla mission or a different keyboard), I have no clue. Finger's crossed and good luck. Please post back what happens and if it's still giving you issues, maybe someone else will have some ideas.