ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Newest CBA and ALIVE and i have 100% CPU and RAM leak ;/ opening map in editor, virtual arsenal or entering mission - arma crashesh or whole pc freezes for few seconds and then arma crashes.

15:24:34 MovesType CfgMovesMaleSdr load time 1362 ms
15:24:51 Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWorlds/WL_WRoute191.icon'.
15:24:51 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
15:24:55 Bad conversion: scalar
15:24:55 String STR_ALIVE_ADMINACTIONS_AGENTS_DEBUG not found
15:24:55 String STR_ALIVE_ADMINACTIONS_AGENTS_DEBUG_COMMENT not found
15:24:58 Bad conversion: scalar
15:25:03 Bad conversion: scalar
15:25:03 Strange convex component202 in a3\structures_f\households\house_small01\d_house_small_01_v1_f.p3d:geometryView
15:25:03 Strange convex component203 in a3\structures_f\households\house_small01\d_house_small_01_v1_f.p3d:geometryView
15:25:04 Warn: Shape '???' contains water texture however it does not carry a special class name. Consider craeting one to speed up the detection!
15:25:05 XEH: missionNamespace processed [false]
15:25:05 [3934,68.805,0,"XEH: PreInit started. v3.4.0.170627"]
15:25:05 [XEH]: Usage of deprecated Extended Event Handler "fired". Use "firedBIS" instead. Path: @WEP\config.bin\Extended_Fired_EventHandlers\CAManBase.
15:25:06 [XEH]: One or more children of class All do not support Extended Event Handlers. Fall back to loop.
15:25:06 Wrong location draw style - "ACRE_RequiredDrawStyle"

17 hours ago, golas said:

Newest CBA and ALIVE and i have 100% CPU and RAM leak ;/ opening map in editor, virtual arsenal or entering mission - arma crashesh or whole pc freezes for few seconds and then arma crashes.

15:24:34 MovesType CfgMovesMaleSdr load time 1362 ms
15:24:51 Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWorlds/WL_WRoute191.icon'.
15:24:51 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
15:24:55 String STR_ALIVE_ADMINACTIONS_AGENTS_DEBUG not found
15:24:55 String STR_ALIVE_ADMINACTIONS_AGENTS_DEBUG_COMMENT not found
15:25:03 Strange convex component202 in a3\structures_f\households\house_small01\d_house_small_01_v1_f.p3d:geometryView
15:25:03 Strange convex component203 in a3\structures_f\households\house_small01\d_house_small_01_v1_f.p3d:geometryView
15:25:04 Warn: Shape '???' contains water texture however it does not carry a special class name. Consider craeting one to speed up the detection!
15:25:05 XEH: missionNamespace processed [false]
15:25:05 [3934,68.805,0,"XEH: PreInit started. v3.4.0.170627"]
15:25:05 [XEH]: Usage of deprecated Extended Event Handler "fired". Use "firedBIS" instead. Path: @WEP\config.bin\Extended_Fired_EventHandlers\CAManBase.
15:25:06 [XEH]: One or more children of class All do not support Extended Event Handlers. Fall back to loop.
15:25:06 Wrong location draw style - "ACRE_RequiredDrawStyle"

Can you try with just CBA and ALiVE enabled, thanks.

my game crashes when i have alive modules down and the arsenal finishes loading. when i removed the alive modules i got no more crashing. my mod list was very large though.

"Too many virtual memory blocks requested"

Spoiler

No problem it just do the same thing - just only faster

In the future please post your RPT to pastebin.com or similar and link back here.

Unfortunately I see nothing ALiVE-related in that RPT

43 minutes ago, jdingo said:

my game crashes when i have alive modules down and the arsenal finishes loading. when i removed the alive modules i got no more crashing. my mod list was very large though.

I've seen this before when using a ton of mods... there is no easy fix other than to trim down your mod list, or reduce the number of objectives and units in your ALiVE mission.

edit:  how much RAM in your system?  Are you running 64bit Arma?

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2y8ctr/too_many_virtual_memory_blocks_requested_im_so/

PhysMem: 16 GiB, VirtMem : 131072 GiB, AvailPhys : 14 GiB, AvailVirt : 131072 GiB, AvailPage : 21 GiB

^ Sorry I meant that question for jdingo 

13 hours ago, jdingo said:

On 7/13/2017 at 3:04 PM, golas said:

I have experienced this problem as well running 64 bit Arma with 16 gigs of RAM.

Please read these: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/339 and https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/715

There have been similar issues reported that are related to CBA keybinds, and not ALiVE specifically.  ALiVE maps the Right Windows key by default to the player menu and it appears that on some systems and with some keyboards the CBA key bind callback is causing out of memory errors.  The next release of CBA includes a warning if this is the case.  Potential solutions are at the bottom of the thread.

• Like 2

Hi there,

I got a question : sometimes the automatic tasks are not correctly succed, especially the "Destroy buildings" and "clear town". 

I'm using the Tasks manager from the Alive tablet, but I might use it incorrectly: I'm shifting the task to "success" and then disable/enable auto tasking to create a new one. But this method is keeping the old task for the players visible in the Arma tasks System;

Do you have any advices?

Zul

Hi Folks,

Had some time and bad weather this weekend to reacquaint myself with some of the amazing features of ALiVE... Incredible piece of code... Had some thoughts, questions, and feedback if you care to listen...

Had a question on a three faction setup... I'm still messing with the Custom Objective modules as they're a good way to setup smaller - less resource intensive localized battles...

• OPCOM BLUE is Invasion - OPCOM RED is Occupying - OPCOM GREEN is Invasion...
  • Side GREEN is "Allied" with Side BLUE and an "Enemy" of Side RED...
  • My player squad BLUE is still sitting on a (REAL) RED Custom Objective centrally located and set to 50/90 (size/importance) that spawns no groups...
  • BLUE, RED, GREEN each has a single (SPAWN) Custom Objective set to 20/10 that spawns 3 groups each - equally spaced from centrally located (REAL) RED Custom Objective ...
  • Each OPCOM is synched to their respective (SPAWN) Custom Objective
  • All OPCOM's are synched to the (REAL) RED 50/90 Custom Objective...

The issue is that OPCOM BLUE battles OPCOM RED as you would expect - - - however OPCOM Green spawns units that never move... They will engage if an RED  moves into their range - but there seems to be no interest on the part of GREEN to take either RED Custom Objectives... Is this normal behavior or is there some other way to motivate GREEN (damn hippies) ???

Great artwork backdating the tablets to older time periods with the canvas chart pouch... Helps the immersion factor...

Started using the C2ISTAR tablet - which I hadn't really used seriously before... Very handy little device and I see it encapsulates much of the High Command feature set... Did some reading on Spyders old threads regarding its development... One thing that seemed to be present in the past version were some options that provide less of a need for micro management... I seldom play as the general in charge of everything - I'm just a lowly squad/team leader... It seemed in the old version - that you had options to simply request reinforcements/reconnaissance and ALiVE determined which resources to grab and handled getting them to your selected position in the proper mode... Is that still available or in the plans ??? Personally - I think this may have been preferable to the High Command interface (having to select groups - clear old waypoint - create new waypoints - change waypoint types - set formations - etc etc etc) as it sounded more geared towards your perspective of a squad/team leader... During testing - I had a squad holding a reinforced hill - the OPFOR was inside the wire and overrunning my men - I turned to the C2ISTAR tablet to attempt to call reinforcements - started the process intent on the task at hand - and BANG - someone handed me my head while I focused on the tablet... It would be nice to have the option more akin to shouting into the radio - "Hey - this is Alpha 29 - broken arrow - being overrun - send help - now !!!" - then the OPCOM makes the decision which groups to send and handles the logistics on how to get them there - freeing the squad leader to get back to leading his squad... Granted - reinforcement might take far longer than I had to arrive... This request could also be met with an "Unable" on occasion - to make missions more ALiVE...

Anyway - just my two cents - so please just take it for what it's worth...

A big thank you to the whole ALiVE team - as I would have lost interest in Arma long ago without your mod - please keep up the fine work...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Had some time and bad weather this weekend to reacquaint myself with some of the amazing features of ALiVE... Incredible piece of code... Had some thoughts, questions, and feedback if you care to listen...

Had a question on a three faction setup... I'm still messing with the Custom Objective modules as they're a good way to setup smaller - less resource intensive localized battles...

• OPCOM BLUE is Invasion - OPCOM RED is Occupying - OPCOM GREEN is Invasion...
  • Side GREEN is "Allied" with Side BLUE and an "Enemy" of Side RED...
  • My player squad BLUE is still sitting on a (REAL) RED Custom Objective centrally located and set to 50/90 (size/importance) that spawns no groups...
  • BLUE, RED, GREEN each has a single (SPAWN) Custom Objective set to 20/10 that spawns 3 groups each - equally spaced from centrally located (REAL) RED Custom Objective ...
  • Each OPCOM is synched to their respective (SPAWN) Custom Objective
  • All OPCOM's are synched to the (REAL) RED 50/90 Custom Objective...

The issue is that OPCOM BLUE battles OPCOM RED as you would expect - - - however OPCOM Green spawns units that never move... They will engage if an RED  moves into their range - but there seems to be no interest on the part of GREEN to take either RED Custom Objectives... Is this normal behavior or is there some other way to motivate GREEN ???

Great artwork backdating the tablets to older time periods with the canvas chart pouch... Helps the immersion factor...

Started using the C2ISTAR tablet - which I hadn't really used seriously before... Very handy little device and I see it encapsulates much of the High Command feature set... Did some reading on Spyders old threads regarding its development... One thing that seemed to be present in the past version were some options that provide less of a need for micro management... I seldom play as the general in charge of everything - I'm just a lowly squad/team leader... It seemed in the old version - that you had options to simply request reinforcements/reconnaissance and ALiVE determined which resources to grab and handled getting them to your selected position in the proper mode... Is that still available or in the plans ??? Personally - I think this may have been preferable to the High Command interface (having to select groups - clear old waypoint - create new waypoints - change waypoint types - set formations - etc etc etc) as it sounded more geared towards your perspective of a squad/team leader... During testing - I had a squad holding a reinforced hill - the OPFOR was inside the wire and overrunning my men - I turned to the C2ISTAR tablet to attempt to call reinforcements - started the process intent on the task at hand - and BANG - someone handed me my head while I focused on the tablet... It would be nice to have the option more akin to shouting into the radio - "Hey - this is Alpha 29 - broken arrow - being overrun - send help - now !!!" - then the OPCOM makes the decision which groups to send and handles the logistics on how to get them there - freeing the squad leader to get back to leading his squad... Granted - reinforcement might take far longer than I had to arrive... This request could also be met with an "Unable" on occasion - to make missions more ALiVE...

Anyway - just my two cents - so please just take it for what it's worth...

A big thank you to the whole ALiVE team - as I would have lost interest in Arma long ago without your mod - please keep up the fine work...

Regards,
Scott

A few thoughts....maybe you have already investigated these, but here goes :)

Have you run the mission with debug on so you can view the waypoint markers for GREEN to see where the GREEN OPCOM is sending those troops?

With GREEN and BLUE being on the same team - possibility that the BLUE forces have enough groups to manage the RED objectives without GREEN joining?

Is GREEN set to be hostile against RED?

Maybe GREEN OPCOM does not have "enough" groups spawned to attack an objective?

• Like 2

@reaper lok

Thanks for the response... DOH - didn't think to turn DEBUG on... GREEN is set to HOSTILE against RED... All sides are spawning the same number of groups - set to three infantry... Ahh - maybe - would the BLUE OPCOM and GREEN OPCOM communicate with each other and share the load ??? Appreciate the help - I'll have to play with this some more...

:f:

I'll swing this test over to vanilla for a better test environment as well...

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

One follow up I forgot to include - is there a way to make period specific (WWII/NAM) roadblocks, camps, HQ's for placement via a Custom Objective Module ??? There used to be a drop down with a list to choose from existing models (although they seemed all modern) - now it looks like a blank field...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

One follow up I forgot to include - is there a way to make period specific (WWII/NAM) roadblocks, camps, HQ's for placement via a Custom Objective Module ??? There used to be a drop down with a list to choose from existing models (although they seemed all modern) - now it looks like a blank field...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

The drop down menu has gone (sad news), however, you can find the name of the composition by using the config viewer within the Eden Editor.  I think its under cfg groups empty - something like that.  Grab the name of the composition you like and place in the ALiVE module.  Hope that helps.

• Like 1

@reaper lok

Once again - thanks for your help - I was using that config viewer for the very first time last weekend - I'll poke around - much appreciated...

Regards,

Scott

Hi everyone,

in an insurgency campaign,  what is the best way to see the progress of the insurgency faction and the hostility of the civilians towards the players faction?

Regards,

Zuzul

Hello everyone. 

We are having so much fun on Alive, a huge thanks for this amazing mod! Here is a little trailer I've made (voices are in French, sorry about that). 

Alive rocks!!!

• Like 6

Hi,

How can I make ALIVE working with Advanced AI Command (High Command Mod by Duda)?:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30999&highlight=ADVANCED%2BAI%2BCOMMAND

Currently (when using this mod with ALIVE in my mission) I can see AI HC groups on map, I can click them with left mouse button which brings their orders menu, but issuing any of these orders with middle mouse button (default action in this mod) doesn't work, it just closes the whole menu.

Hi...

I noticed similar - however the C2ISTAR tablet incorporates many of the features of High Command if you want to control the other AI squads...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

hello, i am posting here today because i have a question about the assym. commander... is it broken... because none of my missions utalizing the assym. commander work at all.. the baddies do not capture areas and create weapon fac, or recruit ....  i cannot count how many insurgency missions i have made and none of them are working right now...

7 hours ago, lordprimate said:

hello, i am posting here today because i have a question about the assym. commander... is it broken... because none of my missions utalizing the assym. commander work at all.. the baddies do not capture areas and create weapon fac, or recruit ....  i cannot count how many insurgency missions i have made and none of them are working right now...

I don't know how long it's been since you played insurgency, but it was slowed down A LOT an update or two ago. The Assymetric Commander won't create any new HQ's for I think, don't quote me, a random period of time between 20-60 (?) minutes after the mission begins, with an added element that there's now a 50% chance an HQ creation can also fail.

For example, I used to use the Assymetric Commander option to not place pre-placed installations. If you use that option now (I don't anymore, I use at least "low" now), you could potentially go a very long time without any insurgent HQ's in your mission at all.

If you get a chance, make sure you're using the most recent version of ALiVE and CBA, make sure the map has civilians using the civilian placement module, and let the mission play (or fast forward) at least 2 hours and see if any HQ's are established.

If that still doesn't work, try with ALiVE and CBA only and post the mission back here.

• Like 1