ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

5 hours ago, katipo66 said:

Cool, so that's barebones way to populate whole map with bad guys, what difference does syncing the CQB module to Ai commander set to assymetric make?

Sort of. I'd follow this for a bare bones setup and then add in some CQB:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Quickstart

The Assymetric Commander functions quite a bit differently from the Invasion and Occupation Commanders, and syncing the CQB module and IED module to Assymetric Commanders causes the modules to behave a bit differently.

For more on ALiVE Insurgency, read this:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zuzul said:

Hello,

I may have a stupid question (i wasn't able to find the answer in this forum, sorry if it has been asked before): what is the use of sending SITREP and PATROLREP to the IA commander? Does it have impacts on the game itself or is it mainly for the players use? 

Also, I want to mute the playing character to report everything on radio (like spotting ennemies): there is some mods to do it, but is there one you know is working great with Alive?

Regards,

Zul

You are correct, these are basically just for players to leave notes to each other. 

For muting, not too sure. ACE I think disables it automatically but then you have to use all of ACE's features. Haleks made the mod called Discipline which I adore. It cuts down on the chatter a lot but I don't think by default it disables it completely (though it might be able to if you mess with the PBO's. Not sure but Haleks probably knows).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

You are correct, these are basically just for players to leave notes to each other. 

For muting, not too sure. ACE I think disables it automatically but then you have to use all of ACE's features. Haleks made the mod called Discipline which I adore. I cuts down on the chatter a lot but I don't think by default it disables it completely (though it might be able to if you mess with the PBO's. Not sure but Haleks probably knows).

Many thanks. 

And you're absolutly right for Discipline mod, I should have thought about it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zuzul said:

Many thanks. 

And you're absolutly right for Discipline mod, I should have thought about it!

Is it not possible to turn off or turn down the Radio sound in the in-game audio tab?

Also create a trigger that covers the entire map (repeatable trigger) that on activation has something like;

enableSentences FALSE; or this enableSentences FALSE;

just a thought........and I remind you guys that I have no script knowledge, lol

7 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

Is it not possible to turn off or turn down the Radio sound in the in-game audio tab?

Also create a trigger that covers the entire map (repeatable trigger) that on activation has something like;

just a thought........and I remind you guys that I have no script knowledge, lol

Turning the radio off is not the same thing ; you will loose too much information. 

And a repeatable triggers on the entire map should always be avoided, in SP as in MP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

enableSentences false disables enemy battle cries too and not worth the trade-off IMO. It turns off all voices completely on all sides.

Discipline doesn't which is why I recommend it. Need my Allahu Akbar's. :)

• Like 2

Situation, Patrol and Spot Reports have no impact on the AI.  They're just to help players coordinate over multiple sessions for long running campaigns (longest we've run was around 8 weeks on a single map).

Any of the No AI radio mods will work with ALiVE, though they will of course also silence the ambient AI radio chatter you get from Combat Support.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zuzul said:

Hello,

I may have a stupid question (i wasn't able to find the answer in this forum, sorry if it has been asked before): what is the use of sending SITREP and PATROLREP to the IA commander? Does it have impacts on the game itself or is it mainly for the players use? 

Also, I want to mute the playing character to report everything on radio (like spotting ennemies): there is some mods to do it, but is there one you know is working great with Alive?

Regards,

Zul

Reports are solely for players.

Any mod that disables the radio should work fine with ALiVE :)

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 9:51 AM, scottb613 said:

I was also wondering if I could randomize the inclusion of the Custom Objectives - so maybe some battles would have (4) units - others might have (8) - etc etc etc ??? So any given battle - you really don't know what you're going to be up against...

There is a placement percentage slider in each of the modules. Setting this to 50% would mean the module has a 50% chance of being created on each mission start.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, katipo66 said:

Cool, so that's barebones way to populate whole map with bad guys, what difference does syncing the CQB module to Ai commander set to assymetric make?

Syncing the CQB module to an asymmetric commander makes CQB units only spawn in areas that the asymmetric commander has occupied.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me why when copy pasting all ALiVE modules from the Triple Threat demo content with CTRL+C from Altis and pasting them with CTRL-V on Tanoa, makes the Independent forces allied to NATO? When attacking the indies on Altis all is fine, but on Tanoa, without changing anything in the modules, shooting at IND forces gets you killed by your own.

In your new mission on the Tanoa map have you changed the IND allegiance to be against BluFor? By default when you open a new mission NATO and IND are allies. 

25 minutes ago, d3rt13n said:

Can someone tell me why when copy pasting all ALiVE modules from the Triple Threat demo content with CTRL+C from Altis and pasting them with CTRL-V on Tanoa, makes the Independent forces allied to NATO? When attacking the indies on Altis all is fine, but on Tanoa, without changing anything in the modules, shooting at IND forces gets you killed by your own.

Independent forces are friendly to BLUFOR by default, you must change this in the mission hostility settings.

I take it this is not a setting in the ALiVE modules then since the IND and CSAT are set as hostile in the C2ISTAR module where OPF_F,IND_F are set as enemies to NATO in the 'auto task enemy BLUE faction' field.

Ah ok, I presume it is under Attributes-> General->Misc and set the Allegiance to change the icon from handshake to swords...

@spyderblack723 and escforreality ... thank you ! was kindof a headscratcher. By the way are you the old ESCopic from Operation Flashpoint?

I don't know if this has been answered or not, but I was playing with ORBAT and I noticed that whenever I would make a faction and units to place them in tanks like CUP's for example I would get an error and I wouldn't have a gunner nor commander and skins would also revert back to vanilla for vehicles.

I also seem to be getting an error where I would add static weapons, like an M2 or a mortar and couldn't select a crew for them.

Hi Folks,

RE: ORBAT

I've watched some of Spyder's videos on the subject and I've played around with ORBAT a bunch of times... The part that I have been unable to complete successfully - is the actual export... As per the videos - I'm supposed to download some file from github - then paste the contents from ORBAT into it - get some other file - paste the contents into that - then somehow make a .pbo ??? That's the part I could use a little helping hand with if someone can point me in the right direction...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott  

On 7/9/2017 at 3:28 PM, froggyluv said:

Any recommended CQB heavy, alive missions - can be on any map - i just need it for testing

Bit late but the best map for testing CQB is Fallujah IMO

zH26EkS.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Hero,

Thanks a lot !!! I've been all over the WIKI - never noticed a link to anything ORBAT... Seems straight forward - do you think the download includes a tool to make the ".pbo" or is that something native to Arma - I've never done that before...

• In the ORBAT Creator, click Generate Config to copy the code to the clipboard.
  • Download the addon template from ALiVE github here and unzip it.
  • In the file browser, open addons/test/autogen.hpp and paste the copied code.
  • Use a pbo tool to pack the test folder into a pbo
  • Rename the pbo to your chosen faction name and place it in the folder @myfaction/addons/myfaction.pbo
  • Move your new @myfaction to the ArmA3 folder and run it like any other mod.
  • Load up Eden and check that your new faction is showing in the list correctly.

Regards,

Scott 

Hi Hero,

Perfect - more stuff to try - thanks for your patience... Will give it a go...

:f:

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

The vehicle skins I select don't seem to stay and always revert back to default skins and the gunner, commander positions on any mod tanks seem to be broken for me, I'll place crew in, and then save my config and load it, and it'll only spawn the tank or apc with a driver , but no gunner or commander, but the positions are filled? 

4 hours ago, yevgeni89 said:

The vehicle skins I select don't seem to stay and always revert back to default skins and the gunner, commander positions on any mod tanks seem to be broken for me, I'll place crew in, and then save my config and load it, and it'll only spawn the tank or apc with a driver , but no gunner or commander, but the positions are filled? 

Are you using RHS by chance?

http://alivemod.com/forum/2880-orbat-vehicle-paint-not-applying

The issue happens with both CUP, RHS, and medium medium utlity helicopters.