ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Hi all,

I don't know where I should post this but I deem this relevant for this forum.

I signed up for ALiVE today after previously deleting my account, however, I haven't received a confirmation email. I have tried the login option 'resend confirmation', but no dice. I would appreciate any insight on this.

3 hours ago, hridaysabz said:

Hi all,

I don't know where I should post this but I deem this relevant for this forum.

I signed up for ALiVE today after previously deleting my account, however, I haven't received a confirmation email. I have tried the login option 'resend confirmation', but no dice. I would appreciate any insight on this.

Check PM. :)

@kecharles28 @foxhound I appreciate the speed of response but you're a bit premature. This is a RC build on github, not an official release yet.  I wasn't aware you had started tracking github?

• Like 3

So yeah.... this new Air Component Commander module.....
tenor.gif

Holy Hell is this thing badass!  I launched a big ALiVE vanilla campaign on Altis...hopped in Zeus..and just sat back and watched for almost an hour.

I saw an A-10 chase down a Shikra Fighter and dogfight.  I saw an F-18 attack a CSAT Armored Column.  This thing is FREAKING AWESOME.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, autigergrad said:

tenor.gif

Holy Hell is this thing badass!  I launched a big ALiVE vanilla campaign on Altis...hopped in Zeus..and just sat back and watched for almost an hour.

I saw an A-10 chase down a Shikra Fighter and dogfight.  I saw an F-18 attack a CSAT Armored Column.  This thing is FREAKING AWESOME.

wait what

And I thought that after sucessfully fixing the current official 1.35 release in almost every critical area the devs wouldn't muster the tenacity to go for new features... glad I'm wrong! :thumb_down:

25 minutes ago, loopdk said:

is alive supporting malden yet?

Currently not available in the Steam Workshop.

16 hours ago, autigergrad said:

You have Video of this right?
I know you showed this off to ATV ;)  Would love to see this stuff.

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.3.6

AI Air Component Commander
This update brings the first iteration of the Military AI Air Component Commander by Tupolov.  While the Military AI Commander is responsible for commanding operations on the ground, the Military Air Component Commander takes control of all air assets in theatre and issues Air Tasking Orders to available aircraft, with the exception of helicopters assigned to logistics taskings.  ATOs are prioritised depending on the tactical situation and available air assets and typically will include Combat Air Patrol (CAP), Defensive Counter Air (DCA) and Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (SEAD) as a priority.  Secondary taskings in support of ground ops include Recce, Close Air Support and Strike missions on the current ground objectives.  In this first version of MACC, only CAP and DCA are available.

The ALiVE MACC module creates an Air Component HQ at the nearest airbase to the module location and optionally spawns Air Defenses in the vicinity.  MACC uses existing aircraft spawned by the ALiVE Military Placement modules or, if none are available, can spawn additional fixed wing or rotary aircraft. MACC is also capable of conducting naval aviation operations from the CVN-83 USS Freedom.  MACC is still very much work in progress and not all features are fully functional yet so please provide feedback so we can continue to balance and adjust.  Further details for how to setup and use MACC are on the ALiVE wiki.

Meanwhile there has been a whole lot of map indexing activity from community members, in particular thanks to Burdy323, and the Malden 2035 DLC - thanks to everyone who has contributed!

ALiVE War Room
The ALiVE War Room is seeing more activity than ever and the introduction of the new AAR tool built by Titan has seen a big increase in the amount of data we handle every day.  The War Room service is completely free to end users and the server costs are covered by voluntary donations.  If you enjoy using the War Room, please consider supporting our server costs with a small donation to help us keep it ALiVE!

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Release Highlights
First iteration of Military Air Component Commander
Map Index - Malden 2035, Omaha, SEA (Unsung), Nam, Neaville, Suonkomar Sahav, G.O.S N'Djenahoud
Module UI Enhancement - changed some integer inputs to drop down selection menus
Various bug fixes

See full commit history on Github

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with vanilla repros please) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
We may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 11

Hi there.

I noticed you added support for "Suonkomar Sahav," but this map no longer exists and has been updated as "Prei Khmaoch Luong" it is available on the steam workshop here. It has been vastly improved.

Hi Folks,

Wow - this mod becomes more amazing every time I look at it... Superb effort guys - truly looking forward to trying the new features...

Question: I see that some of the UNSUNG maps are indexed - were the UNSUNG factions ever officially added or do we need to use the ORBATS tool to create our own ?

Question: (Player Logistics) - - - last weekend I was messing with an RHS scenario - requested a parachute drop of an "RHS Ammo Crate" - said crate was delivered but was empty... If I place the same crate manually it contains ammo... Anyone else see this issue ?

Thanks !!!

Regards,
Scott 

4 hours ago, phlux1 said:

Hi there.

I noticed you added support for "Suonkomar Sahav," but this map no longer exists and has been updated as "Prei Khmaoch Luong" it is available on the steam workshop here. It has been vastly improved.

Thanks for the info it is back in the queue for a re-index.

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Wow - this mod becomes more amazing every time I look at it... Superb effort guys - truly looking forward to trying the new features...

Question: I see that some of the UNSUNG maps are indexed - were the UNSUNG factions ever officially added or do we need to use the ORBATS tool to create our own ?

Question: (Player Logistics) - - - last weekend I was messing with an RHS scenario - requested a parachute drop of an "RHS Ammo Crate" - said crate was delivered but was empty... If I place the same crate manually it contains ammo... Anyone else see this issue ?

Thanks !!!

Regards,
Scott 

The wiki shows these as supported:

UNSUNG_E, UNSUNG_C (Civs)

OpenDome has also created some compatible factions which are stored on the ALiVE Google drive.  See here for info:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions#Orbatron_Factions

edit;  forgot he released a compatibility mod as well:

With regards to the RHS ammo crate.. I believe this has been reported before.  Try requesting a vanilla crate - if it contains stuff then I'm not sure there is anything the ALiVE team can do to fix it.

Hi...

Thanks for the response - yeah - I had used UNSUNG_E, UNSUNG_C before and they seem to work although I was hoping for a bit more granularity - also only one combatant side is represented...

I'll check out Opendomes ORBAT factions - - - been a way for a while and didn't know if anything changed...

Roger that - on the ammo crates...

Appreciate the help - as always...

:f:

Regards,

Scott

The wiki has been updated with compatible Unsung factions, with a link to the compatibility mod (thanks SavageCDN!).

Regarding the RHS crates. Is it possible it's sending, or you are accidentally requesting, the "virtual" version of the crates and not the ones with actual ammo inside? I'm not saying there isn't an issue, just wondering if this could be what's going on.

If you look in the editor, you'll see virtual supplies and real supplies.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phlux1 said:

Hi there.

I indexed the new map last night and sent it out for testing. Assuming I get the thumbs up that it works ok, I'll link to it so you guys can play on the map until it's officially merged into a future ALiVE release. 

• Like 1

Hi Hero,

I'm pretty sure it was the real crate - lol - but like anything else I could be mistaken... I'll try it again this weekend but I'm also pretty sure this has happened to me more than once... Do you think it would be different if I chose a different insertion method (helo or truck) - or it's just the logistic module relating to the RHS content in general ???

LOL - I hope it was that new Cambodian Map - it looks absolutely incredible - I won't get to try it until the weekend - but - WOW - seriously WOW...

Regards,
Scott

4 hours ago, scottb613 said:

This definitely sounds like you're requesting a virtual arsenal box. When placing it down manually the arsenal related scripts are being ran but when requesting through the player logistics system these scripts don't run properly. Maybe in the future this will get fixed. :)

EDIT: Arsenal related scripts being the scripts that fill the crates with the proper items and such.

• Like 1

Hi Marcel,

Thanks so much - I'll definitely try it again and pay particular attention to the box type...

Regards,
Scott