ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

So I am using the below code to activate a trigger, however, I am looking to adjust it to only fire when EAST outnumbers WEST (greater than).  Any idea how I can make this happen so when there is more units either present or in virtual battles-pace it will trigger rather than just triggering?

((count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 50, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);

(count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 50, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > (count ([getposATL thisTrigger, 50, ["WEST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles))

• Like 1

I am using Civilian Placement module for random civilian cars placement. I am wondering is it possible to make spawned vehicles to be locked? I did not find any options in modules in editor.

2 hours ago, masaker said:

...is it possible to make spawned vehicles to be locked? I did not find any options in modules in editor.

With ACE3 you can do this.

• Like 1

I have big trouble with the Player Combat Support module.

helicopters do not spawn anymore near ALiVE module marker or on placed helipads, they spawn instead on top of any slingable objects or other ALiVE CAS aircrafts and explode instant.

planes do not spawn anymore near ALiVE module marker, they spawn instead on top of any slingable objects or other ALiVE CAS aircrafts and explode instant.

the above repeats when they do respawn again

setting up CAS for more than one side is totally borked,

all CAS from each side do spawn on BLUFOR side on top of any slingable objects or other ALiVE CAS aircrafts and explode instant.

spent ~6h trying to solve this problem, any help would be very appreciated

I can upload mission if anyone like to help/test

map used: Tanoa,

addons used: cba and alive

factions used: BLU_T_F, OPF_T_F , IND_C_F, CIV_F

Three side CTI mission, Independent assymetric

each side should have CAS

20 hours ago, maquez said:

There should be an option in those modules to not place slingload objects, not sure where it is but the option is there, somewhere. :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, marceldev89 said:

There should be an option in those modules to not place slingload objects, not sure where it is but the option is there, somewhere. :)

don't you think this first I controlled? (btw this option is disabled by default)

listen I have no need for pointless advices... I do make missions since OFP

the slingable objects are ammoboxes placed by me

again spent several hours to get Player Combat Support to work with no success, did delete all Support modules and placed them new

now Combat Support refuses to work completely and new problems surfaced, after mission saving/reloading it messes up synchronizations from other modules

did follow too this procedure:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Support (section Advanced Vehicle Placement)

also with no success

1 hour ago, maquez said:

don't you think this first I controlled? (btw this option is disabled by default)

listen I have no need for pointless advices... I do make missions since OFP

Hi Maquez,

Please no need to be short with Marcel we are just trying to help.  Can you post your server's RPT file for us to look at?  This problem did not come up in testing before release so we'll need some more info to go on.  Does this only happen on Tanoa (ie: have you tried Altis or Stratis)?

edit:  also please post your mission for us to look at

Thanks,

looks like the mission.sqm got borked somehow... I really do not like Eden Editor, this is second time this happens (never occured with old 2D editor)

tested on fresh empty tanoa map and it worked, looks like I have to build up mission from ground up new... :www:

really? ...this way ... #zensored

So guys be warned... if you edit and save mission many times the probability that file gets corrupted afterwards is increased!

• Like 1

Hey Maquez!

Sorry if this caused you frustration. It's sometimes tedious work to get something to work as expected! If you have your new mission ready, and it is still happening (or re-occuring) please post the mission folder as a zip (seems its vanilla) and I'll have a look at it!

Thanks for your patience!

HH

Thread cleaned up - off topic posts removed. 

• Like 1

ALIVE does not seem to work on any CUP maps at the monment is anyone else having this problem?

2 hours ago, Phantom Hawk said:

ALIVE does not seem to work on any CUP maps at the monment is anyone else having this problem?

What do you mean it isn't working? Like at all? If the problem is more nuanced, can you elaborate?

Which maps?

2 hours ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Can't confirm our Server works perfect with Chernarus.

I have tried using the quick battle method on malden and Chernarus but it says something about an error

and then hangs on the map loadng screen It seems to work fine on the vanilla Maps. only mods i was using were as follows.

ALIVE.

CUP Terrains - CWA .

CUP Terrains - Maps .

CUP Terrains - Core .

Screenshot of the error it showed me.

1370BBCE0E077E444137D60195DE84804A88488B

At the risk of sound crude...

Is the Arty system still borked or has there been a work around for it found? :eh:

36 minutes ago, Hamakaze said:

At the risk of sound crude...

Is the Arty system still borked or has there been a work around for it found? :eh:

Depends on that you think is borked but the arty system is kinda broken at places, yes. It has seen some (unreleased) work but has been on hold for a little while now. Soon-ish? :)

Just now, marceldev89 said:

Depends on that you think is borked but the arty system is kinda broken at places, yes. It has seen some (unreleased) work but has been on hold for a little while now. Soon-ish? :)

By borked i mean guns firing one shell out of a twenty shell fire mission then stopping... Or just not firing at all...

1 minute ago, Hamakaze said:

By borked i mean guns firing one shell out of a twenty shell fire mission then stopping... Or just not firing at all...

Yes that's the same kind of borked that we know about. https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/pull/42 tracks progress on the arty work and as you can see it has been a while since the last change.. ^^

4 hours ago, Phantom Hawk said:

I have tried using the quick battle method on malden and Chernarus but it says something about an error

and then hangs on the map loadng screen It seems to work fine on the vanilla Maps. only mods i was using were as follows.

ALIVE.

CUP Terrains - CWA .

CUP Terrains - Maps .

CUP Terrains - Core .

There's a good chance that CUP/CWA Malden hasn't been indexed yet, A3 DLC Malden has been indexed today by @tupolov and should be available once A3 1.72 is released. CUP Chernarus should work fine though.

5 minutes ago, marceldev89 said:

Yes that's the same kind of borked that we know about. https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/pull/42 tracks progress on the arty work and as you can see it has been a while since the last change.. ^^

Thanks for the answer! I've got another question if it's not too much trouble?

Is it possible to build a outpost using the logistics system then have Friendly AI garrison it to hold ground? :satisfied:

1 hour ago, Hamakaze said:

Thanks for the answer! I've got another question if it's not too much trouble?

Is it possible to build a outpost using the logistics system then have Friendly AI garrison it to hold ground? :satisfied:

You would have to script in the addition of a custom objective 'on the fly'.   See here for more info:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Add_a_Custom_OPCOM_Objective

edit:  there is actually a feature request to have this ability added to the ALiVE tablet in-game:

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/332

• Like 3

So I have a quick question. When using multispawn, how do I specify where I would like the helicopter to spawn in from. I tried using the markers from your youtube tutorial but the chopper still has a mind of its own and spawns from the same random spot each time.

17 hours ago, Pvt R. Bain said:

So I have a quick question. When using multispawn, how do I specify where I would like the helicopter to spawn in from. I tried using the markers from your youtube tutorial but the chopper still has a mind of its own and spawns from the same random spot each time.

Without looking, I would say......maybe the chopper spawns in where you place the MODULE (I could well be wrong).  I do remember using a marker for the actual insertion/drop off location.

Heroes or Savage will know the answer ;)

REAPER

• Like 1

The multispawn module uses the markers named

ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_INSERTION_<faction>

for the start position and

ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_DESTINATION_<faction>

for the destination position. Replace <faction> with the faction of the player(s).

EDIT: Which is also explained on the wiki at http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Multispawn

• Like 1