ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

To those that don't enjoy reading commit histories, I want to point out Insurgency mode has been slowed down by a lot (in a very good way!). If any of you have any Insurgency missions in your rotation, I'd encourage you to revisit them to ensure they are playing to your desired tastes.

I'll also be back later with a list of the compatible faction names for RHS so you're not left wondering which ones are working, and which ones aren't.

• Like 1

Spyder is a dreadful person for sniping my release post.  Shamfur dispray!

• Like 1

RHS compatible factions:

USAF

rhs_faction_usarmy_d
rhs_faction_usarmy_wd
rhs_faction_usmc_d
rhs_faction_usmc_wd

AFRF

rhs_faction_msv
rhs_faction_vdv
rhs_faction_vmf

GREF

rhsgref_faction_cdf_ground
rhsgref_faction_nationalist

SAF

rhssaf_faction_un

• Like 1

Hey @spyderblack723.  I wanted to share a test scenario on the vehicle skin issue i tweeted about.  Hopefully it's something dumb i'm doing.

Issue:  Create faction with CSAT Qilin vehicle and set skin to BLACK.  Upon spawning vehicle, it defaults to CSAT colors

Repo of packed ADDON (using PBO Manager): https://www.dropbox.com/s/wot4d2gdze2qppu/VEH_T.pbo?dl=0

Repo instructions:

-Load arma with addon into VR scenario editor

-Place test vehicle from faction called "VEH TEST"

-Confirm SKIN issue.  Also if you try to force vehicle appearance settings in editor, you will also see all skins are gone whereas if you try this on CSAT model, you have 3 skins to choose from.  Not a concern, but just wanted to point it out if it helps.

Thank you!

Hey!

I use ALiVE in my mission. So far so good. But it seems the AI skill is really bad. I've tested  ASR AI and Pooters ASR AI with ALIVE AI Skill or without ALIVE AI Skill. In the ALIVE AI Skill module i used the default values. So maybe this coul be the issue. I can't find a documentation for of the value range.

- Whats the range of the ALIVE AI Skill values?  

- Or is there a known issue with ALIVE + ALIVE AI Skill + ASR AI/ Pooters ASR AI + headlessclient?

- How can i tweak the skill of the enemy AI ?

You cannot have ASR AI with Potter ASR AI .. thats a big No No. So you have to pick one or the other when playing. In addition, whichever mod you choose will overwrite ALiVE skill module unless you disable the AI skill modifier in the addon menu.

Hope that helps

cheers

Edit: Just now noticed you put a slash between ASR and Potter AI so disregard my comment about using them together as u already know that.

1 hour ago, neodyn said:

Hey!

I use ALiVE in my mission. So far so good. But it seems the AI skill is really bad. I've tested  ASR AI and Pooters ASR AI with ALIVE AI Skill or without ALIVE AI Skill. In the ALIVE AI Skill module i used the default values. So maybe this coul be the issue. I can't find a documentation for of the value range.

- Whats the range of the ALIVE AI Skill values?  

- Or is there a known issue with ALIVE + ALIVE AI Skill + ASR AI/ Pooters ASR AI + headlessclient?

- How can i tweak the skill of the enemy AI ?

When using AI mods it's probably best to not use the ALiVE AI Skill module.

5 minutes ago, Riksen said:

You cannot have ASR AI with Potter ASR AI .. thats a big No No. So you have to pick one or the other when playing. In addition, whichever mod you choose will overwrite ALiVE skill module unless you disable the AI skill modifier in the addon menu.

Hope that helps

cheers

Edit: Just now noticed you put a slash between ASR and Potter AI so disregard my comment about using them together as u already know that.

Yes, I,ve tested ASR AI and Potter ASR AI in seperate ways. Never at the same time.

1 minute ago, marceldev89 said:

When using AI mods it's probably best to not use the ALiVE AI Skill module.

My last test configuration was without the ALIVE skill module placed in the mission but with Potter ASR AI. Same issue, a really bad AI behviour. My this info is helpful. I start my dedi. server in Veteran mode.

Does the server difficulty affecting the AI skill?

1 hour ago, neodyn said:

My last test configuration was without the ALIVE skill module placed in the mission but with Potter ASR AI. Same issue, a really bad AI behviour. My this info is helpful. I start my dedi. server in Veteran mode.

Does the server difficulty affecting the AI skill?

Server difficulty setting will affect the initial skill level of the AI however your AI mod will usually overwrite these values.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.armaprofile

15 hours ago, friznit2 said:

SpyderBlack continues to enhance his Orbat Tool.  

Oh my!  :ftvsmilie1:

Hey folks, super stoked about the new update, just having an issue with it on dedicated;

Server simply wont start up and gives this error in the RPT. Tried re-installing ALIVE mod twice to no avail.

Any suggestions?

RPT Log;

Spoiler

7:36:03 Error decoding script_component.hpp from x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\
 7:36:03 Error context author = MODULE_AUTHOR;
ErrorMessage: File x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\CfgPatches.hpp, line 9: '/CfgPatches/ADDON.VERSION_CONFIG': ';' encountered instead of '='

53 minutes ago, uncreatedlemon said:

Hey folks, super stoked about the new update, just having an issue with it on dedicated;

Server simply wont start up and gives this error in the RPT. Tried re-installing ALIVE mod twice to no avail.

Any suggestions?

RPT Log;

Reveal hidden contents

ErrorMessage: File x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\CfgPatches.hpp, line 9: '/CfgPatches/ADDON.VERSION_CONFIG': ';' encountered instead of '='

The entire log might be useful. Can you post it, ideally with a mission that's ALiVE and CBA only?

For the British ALiVE players,

I created this simple config in the ORBAT that combined assets from 3CB, CUP, and Burnes mods into one complete faction that can be used as such in ALiVE campaigns.  3CB is the base with MTP units, augmented by Challenger Tanks, Warrior and Bulldogs APCs, Mastiffs, Wolfhounds, Ridgebacks from CUP (all manned by 3CB crews).  I also added the C-130 transport, Harrier Jets, and Chinook to the faction from CUP.  And last but not least, the faction has Husky and Foxhound vehicles (again manned by 3CB crews).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928095301

(There is a link on that page to one of my campaigns currently utilizing this config)

Faction Name: Brit_Army_MTP  for MTP Uniforms with Woodland Vehicles

Brit_Army_Desert for Desert Uniforms with Desert Vehicles.

*Currently my first release has config for MTP/Woodland/Desert factions.  I'll also be making Jungle, and Arctic factions of a similar nature.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, uncreatedlemon said:

Any suggestions?

RPT Log;

Hide contents

Have you tried downloading from a different source? Could be a corrupted download.

45 minutes ago, spyderblack723 said:

Have you tried downloading from a different source? Could be a corrupted download.

I tried with adding my steam folder mod from workshop, and also with the download from alive's website.

Noticed no one else has mentioned an issue with it, so it could well be a corrupt download on my end. Will try again tonight (we had storms in the area last night) when I get home.

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

The entire log might be useful. Can you post it, ideally with a mission that's ALiVE and CBA only?

I can certainly do that, I will add it here when I get home if Spyders theory falls through. Although there really isn't that much added, an error with stringtable for English and that's about it lol

Loving the new release guys - most appreciated!!  

Play tested for 3 hours today with a buddy and we noticed the difference with units spawning at different intervals - much better and far less stuttering after tweaking a little.

Great moments when clearing a small Military facility only to move out and hear the distant purring of an enemy assault boat reinforcing from its small dock - great gaming moments brought to you by the ALiVE team!!

One question - when choppers reinforce with troops or transporting sling loaded vehicles......why do they hang in the air static for long periods and then often disappear suddenly, far different from how they approach?

REAPER

So I got it working, downloaded with a different browser, then made sure everything was taken off "read only" and it worked! 

You guys are doing awesome stuff with ALIVE, can't wait to see what the future brings :D

• Like 3

On 5/17/2017 at 6:48 PM, jcae2798 said:

Hey @spyderblack723.  I wanted to share a test scenario on the vehicle skin issue i tweeted about.  Hopefully it's something dumb i'm doing.

Issue:  Create faction with CSAT Qilin vehicle and set skin to BLACK.  Upon spawning vehicle, it defaults to CSAT colors

Repo of packed ADDON (using PBO Manager): https://www.dropbox.com/s/wot4d2gdze2qppu/VEH_T.pbo?dl=0

Repo instructions:

-Load arma with addon into VR scenario editor

-Place test vehicle from faction called "VEH TEST"

-Confirm SKIN issue.  Also if you try to force vehicle appearance settings in editor, you will also see all skins are gone whereas if you try this on CSAT model, you have 3 skins to choose from.  Not a concern, but just wanted to point it out if it helps.

Thank you!

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/345

• Like 1

One question - when choppers reinforce with troops or transporting sling loaded vehicles......why do they hang in the air static for long periods and then often disappear suddenly, far different from how they approach?

I posted this earlier and have had no luck making things change.......any thoughts?  Are people having similar experiences with resupply choppers (enemy).

Thanx in advance!

• Like 1

I have had this happen several times, but I haven't tried out the newest ALiVE version so I can't confirm it on that one. 

I honestly really can't tell what you're asking. From what I see, these choppers will spawn over a held military objective (don't quote me on that part), then move to the drop off point and do their unload, then take off and despawn.

What you're describing seems normal to me but it's a little vague TBH. Can you clarify what exactly you're seeing?

10 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I honestly really can't tell what you're asking. From what I see, these choppers will spawn over a held military objective (don't quote me on that part), then move to the drop off point and do their unload, then take off and despawn.

What you're describing seems normal to me but it's a little vague TBH. Can you clarify what exactly you're seeing?

Sure - so....I hear choppers in the far off distance, they move closer to their intended destination to reinforce an area and then just hang in the air on arrival for 5-10 mins doing nothing.  Then when they finally decide to move out or drop off they just disappear rather than fly away to a distant waypoint....kills immersion.  This is all relating to enemy (CSAT) troops, no faction mods running, pure vanilla units on both sides.

My only thought that I have not yet tested is the fact that I use ASR_AI.....maybe this is effecting pilot behavior or its possibly a BIS issue with AI pilots not being able to select a good Landing Zone???  Just spit balling here really, lol