ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

5 hours ago, cpt.ghost said:

it's really not there

this is my mission 

https://ufile.io/9warq

Ok I see what you mean. Until we can get some clarification for how to save in SP/Scenarios mode, use a local hosted server. It will definitely show up there. 

5 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Ok I see what you mean. Until we can get some clarification for how to save in SP/Scenarios mode, use a local hosted server. It will definitely show up there. 

ok, thanks :)

On 4/30/2017 at 2:53 PM, tourist said:

Same here; I got a great WW2 scenario in mind.  Artillery (BIS fault) is still firing 1 or 2 rounds though even in ALiVE support roles, isn't it?

Yes for IFA the units appear fine and turn to face the proper direction but will not fire any rounds.. .this happens with some other mods and crewed mortars.

On 4/30/2017 at 3:50 PM, escforreality said:

Current entry:

• Russian Federation Troops: rhs_faction_msv
  • Russian Motor Rifle Troops: rhs_faction_vdv

Should actually be:

• Russian Motor Rifle Troops: rhs_faction_msv
  • Russian Airborne Troops: rhs_faction_vdv

Thanks wiki updated.

• Like 1

@cpt.ghost For SP games (as opposed to Local MP hosted) the Server Save & Exit button is hidden by the game so you have to call the PNS save func manually using the debug console for now.  Or just play in a local MP game!

['SERVERSAVE'] spawn alive_fnc_buttonAbort;

We're working on a solution for adding a SP saving button that will be in the release version.

• Like 3

Do compositions spawned in objectives respawn or change based on if some other factions take over the objective? Or are they just lost once theyre lost.

OMG!!!!! ALIVE in SP mode?!!!!!! Here comes the donation again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, friznit2 said:

@cpt.ghost For SP games (as opposed to Local MP hosted) the Server Save & Exit button is hidden by the game so you have to call the PNS save func manually using the debug console for now.  Or just play in a local MP game!

We're working on a solution for adding a SP saving button that will be in the release version.

you saved me life captain :D thanks a heap

Disregard last question. Figured it out.

I have, yet again, another question. Is there any system besides the military sector display and military intel?

We're doing an op that involves assisting a local militia to regain territory. It'd be nice to have a way to show where exactly the OPCOM is attacking/defending instead of guessing where he is based on map intel.

Also, just wanna give props to the developers for creating such a complex system while maintaining excellent performance. Getting around 90-100 frames on Takistan (in combat, with roughly 20 AI), all whilst there are hundreds of virtual AI fighting around us. Arma has seriously been changed (for the better) ,forever, by you guys.

• Like 1

You can place the C2iSTAR module and use the intel tablet you view which objectives OPCOM is currently attacking, defending, or "ignoring". You can also view the movements of friendly profiles.

Glad you are satisfied with performance. It's a topic we take seriously and are always working to improve in both minimal and impactful ways.

• Like 4

I had no luck in saving a ALiVE mission in SP mode. Even after using 

The mission just exit. When opening it again there is no load option. Is there something Im missing?

42 minutes ago, Riksen said:

I had no luck in saving a ALiVE mission in SP mode. Even after using 

The mission just exit. When opening it again there is no load option. Is there something Im missing?

There is no load option. You just continue the mission as if you were starting over and the persistent data will load.

Bare in mind, your mission needs to be setup for persistent data. This means you need the data module, mission time saved, persistence set to yes in any module that has the option, etc.

And obviously profileNamespace selected instead of couchDB in the data module.

Your saves are tied to your mission.pbo name. So as long as the mission name stays the same, and you don't clear or wipe the data, your progress will automatically load.

Note: I have not tried SP using that code FYI. Give it a try in local MP and server save and exit (in the esc menu) and see if it sticks for now. The next release will have a dedicated SP save button so you won't need the code at all.

• Like 2

@Riksen My Battle of Sangin mission has local saving enabled. I realize it requires a lot of mods, but you could always try that if you have them just to see the way persistent data gets setup.

Also, and I'm sure this goes without saying, but local saving is only available on the Github RC test version linked on the last page (though I'm sure you know that. Just covering the bases here).

• Like 1

saving and loading works fine in MP local with everything set to persistence and ProfileNameSpace and enabled save mission time.

• Like 1

Thxs Heroes ... I c what the problem was. I forgot to save the mission after I changed the database to the profilename.

ALiVE is working perfectly fine in a dedicated server MP environment for me but I wanted to try this new SP feature :)

EDIT: Just tested and the SP feature is working! Incredible job guys

• Like 2

Latest Version set to 1705051
Pre Release Build 1.3.3

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.3.3.1705051

[ALL] Updated version to 1.3.3.1705051
[MAIN] Removed sleep in fnc_buttonAbort and moved pausing modules before opening ALiVE tablet to avoid issus with updating data on ALiVE tablet
[UI] Added ALiVE Single Player Save button
[SYS_PROFILE] Fix script error when a profile has been destroyed during virtual combat
[X_LIB] Avoid using setUnitPos due to a BIS bug making the units "dance"
[SYS_WEATHER] Initial start on weather effects.
[INDEX] Dingor (#325) Desert Lingor index (copy of Lingor index) thanks to Whigital
[INDEX] Winthera3 (#326) Winter Panthera (carbon copy of Panthera index thanks to Whigital)
[INDEX] Added initial map index for Lythium.
[MIL OPCOM] Split the amount of requested reinforcement assets delivered by air transport to several delayed iterations, to allow for a constant stream of BCR instead of sending one pile of air transports. This massively reduces the chance of colliding choppers (improves #218).

• Like 3

Great job guys!

Thank you so much :)

1 hour ago, [kh]jman said:

Latest Version set to 1705051
Pre Release Build 1.3.3

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.3.3.1705051

[ALL] Updated version to 1.3.3.1705051
[MAIN] Removed sleep in fnc_buttonAbort and moved pausing modules before opening ALiVE tablet to avoid issus with updating data on ALiVE tablet
[UI] Added ALiVE Single Player Save button
[SYS_PROFILE] Fix script error when a profile has been destroyed during virtual combat
[X_LIB] Avoid using setUnitPos due to a BIS bug making the units "dance"
[SYS_WEATHER] Initial start on weather effects.
[INDEX] Dingor (#325) Desert Lingor index (copy of Lingor index) thanks to Whigital
[INDEX] Winthera3 (#326) Winter Panthera (carbon copy of Panthera index thanks to Whigital)
[INDEX] Added initial map index for Lythium.
[MIL OPCOM] Split the amount of requested reinforcement assets delivered by air transport to several delayed iterations, to allow for a constant stream of BCR instead of sending one pile of air transports. This massively reduces the chance of colliding choppers (improves #218).

The "dancing" fix, delayed reinforcement insertion, and Lythium index are all substantial additions here!  (as well as the SP save of course)

• Like 1

Please remember these are pre-release builds and many features have not yet been fully tested by us internally.  It would be helpful if you do run these RC builds to please let us know whether the new features are working on your setup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, friznit2 said:

Please remember these are pre-release builds and many features have not yet been fully tested by us internally.  It would be helpful if you do run these RC builds to please let us know whether the new features are working on your setup.

Will do.

I plan on running the Dev Version in a dedi enviornment with my small group so I should have some good feedback. 

I will say the last Dev build before this one would hang when trying to use it in the dedi.  I could get to the loading screen of the mission and it would stay there indefinitely.  Switched back to release build version and it started right up.  Hopefully I don't run into the same issue on this build.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, autigergrad said:

Will do.

I plan on running the Dev Version in a dedi enviornment with my small group so I should have some good feedback. 

I will say the last Dev build before this one would hang when trying to use it in the dedi.  I could get to the loading screen of the mission and it would stay there indefinitely.  Switched back to release build version and it started right up.  Hopefully I don't run into the same issue on this build.  Thanks.

I don't think anything database related has changed in this build (and probably won't be changed for the next release). Was this when continuing a mission, or starting one from scratch?

I'm not really doing any dedi testing right now. Would be useful if you could figure out why (what mod, what circumstance, etc).

Obviously a clean vanilla repro would be the most useful, but I know you and the community at large use lots of mods and my best guess is this is a mod issue. I don't recall any reports with issues like this in RC...

EDIT: Ok there was some notice of this  behavior internally. AuTigerGrad if you see an infinite loading screen in RC (which means it will exist in all likelihood in the release), please try opening and ok'ing your modules and saving the mission and seeing if it fixes it.

when you say dancing you mean the unit putting their weapons up and down?

What are the best settings to use if I want to create a "winnable" insurgency campaign? 

For example, should I set enemy reinforcements to "infinite"? It seems like that would make sense for an insurency but also it seems like if i take over a sector or town, they would just retake it over considering their infinite manpower. 

Any good and simple way to set an "end objective"? 

Also whats the official way to save/load a single player game?

Assuming im playing on a LAN game, do I hit "save" or do I "abort"? And when I want to load back in, do I "resume" or "restart"? 

Thanks