ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Is the artillery system still undergoing a rewrite? I know this was the case a while ago, but even with the latest builds (release and test) manually placed guns fire a maximum of two rounds, no matter what I choose.

12 hours ago, caboose816 said:

Is the artillery system still undergoing a rewrite? I know this was the case a while ago, but even with the latest builds (release and test) manually placed guns fire a maximum of two rounds, no matter what I choose.

Yes. It's still going through a rebuild. It's nothing you're doing wrong. 

3 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Yes. It's still going through a rebuild. It's nothing you're doing wrong. 

* Pokes @marceldev89 with a stick *

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, spyderblack723 said:

Beats Savage with hammer

That escalated quickly :drinking:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, spyderblack723 said:

Beats Savage with hammer

sledge hammer or toffee hammer :whistle:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R0adki11 said:

sledge hammer or toffee hammer :whistle:

I like the way you think!

• Like 1

Just reminder:

How does ALiVE use motorized/mechanized units?

Do they dismount and break away from vehicles (ala transport style?) or do they use all vehicles as sort of a mechanized warfare?

Was it the reinforcements that included transport vehicles as well?

From what I've seen, they tend to spawn in from a cache state, the infantry then immediately mount up unless they are in contact when they spawn, and then the vehicles drive around in patrol or act as a QRF with the troops loaded.

Once in contact the vehicles may or may not unload the troops, not sure what triggers the unload order- sometimes I've killed them all while mounted, sometimes they dismount troops when they reach the contact area and the vehicle stays with just the driver/gunner inside. It seems like armored vehicles the passengers tend to stay inside more often then light vehicles like technicals- I'e had a situation several times where something like a BMP-1 is hit by AT, then all the troops pour out the back doors, only to be killed by the vehicle exploding.

^ That sounds pretty accurate to me.  Just a reminder that ALiVE does not modify vanilla AI behaviour in any way... all it does is hand out waypoints.

• Like 2

Is there a way to add combat support access to artillery after the mission starts? I want to be able to add in units via player logistics and setup a functioning battery.

Thanks for the awesome mod btw, I don't leave home without it. 

2 questions:

1. It seems like some of the options in the modules are changable anymore? For example, I can't change the logistics from dynamic to static. I click on the option but it kinda bugs out. Happens with other random ones. Is this a known bug?

2. If I manually place static mortar (with a gunner) will ALiVE use other groups as spotters (essentially share info) and use the mortar?

4 hours ago, acoustic said:

1. It seems like some of the options in the modules are changable anymore? For example, I can't change the logistics from dynamic to static. I click on the option but it kinda bugs out. Happens with other random ones. Is this a known bug?

Thats a recent Bohemia Bug, either change your interface size or move the interface around a little bit (grab the top bar and drag like any normal window) and you'll be able to use it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, acoustic said:

2. If I manually place static mortar (with a gunner) will ALiVE use other groups as spotters (essentially share info) and use the mortar?

Unfortunately not you would need to use a 3rd party AI script for this kind of behaviour

• Like 2

1. Flashlight-Patrol:

Are there plans to implement a "use flashlight and no NVG"-option for patrolling units?

Would be great for night-operations without NVG's.

2. Loot-Control:

Are there plans to implement a "loot-stop"- or "loot-controlling"-function for dead bodies?

That would be important for the logistic supply. Now everyone can take a lot of stuff from the killed units

and I don't wanna delete the bodies before 30min.

4 hours ago, SavageCDN said:

Unfortunately not you would need to use a 3rd party AI script for this kind of behaviour

FYI, VCOM AI will utilize mortars.  I highly recommend it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tress13 said:

1. Flashlight-Patrol:

Are there plans to implement a "use flashlight and no NVG"-option for patrolling units?

Would be great for night-operations without NVG's.

2. Loot-Control:

Are there plans to implement a "loot-stop"- or "loot-controlling"-function for dead bodies?

That would be important for the logistic supply. Now everyone can take a lot of stuff from the killed units

and I don't wanna delete the bodies before 30min.

1. You can custom script it yourself, this is outside the scope of ALiVE.

2. Not exactly sure what you are asking for.

2. Loot-Control:

Now you can take the ammo, weapons, ... from killed units.

There's a lot of stuff in the field and we'll never need support from HQ.

It would be splendid if you (every user who can't programming or scripting) could manage this in a module.

Maybe something like "clearWeaponCargo" or "clearMagazineCargo".

But I'm no scripter or programmer and I don't know the possibilitys.

Greetz

Regarding flashlights- I like to make all my OPFOR factions use mostly flashlights, with only limited access to NVG (usually TL/SL or some of the SF type units) and I haven't had any issues with them not using the flashlights when spawned by ALiVE. 

• Like 1

@Tress13 there is a garbage collector function that you can turn on and eliminate all that. Having the enemy utilize different weapon systems will eliminate the whole aspect of not needing supply though. Unlesss you are doing something like my current mission where the players are acting as the insurgents against an occupation army and they have to use theft, loot, etc... to get supplies and stay in the fight.

@Nichols

I know the gc, but I don't wanna delete every dead object. Only weapons and mags.

I find something about "Extended_Init_EventHandlers" and will try to script the flashlight- and lootstop-function.

Hope it works...

Description.ext

// LOADOUT MANAGEMENT
class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {

class Man {
        init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'scripts\interactions\Loadout.sqf')";
    };

};

Loadout.sqf

private "_this";
_this = _this select 0;

// REMOVE NVG & ADD FLASHLIGHT
if ((side _this == east) and (!isPlayer _this)) then {

removeGoggles _this;

_this addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_flashlight";
	_this assignItem "acc_flashlight";
	_this enableGunLights "ForceOn";

};

// DELETE ALL WEAPONS & AMMO
if (!alive _this) then {

removeallweapons _this;

};

Latest Version set to 1704261
Pre Release Build 1.3.2

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.3.2.1704261

[ALL] Updated version to 1.3.2.1704261
[X LIB] Improve quadtree radius query performance
[SYS LOGISTICS] objects snap to surface and reposition to surface gradient accordingly when dropped after carrying
[X LIB] Fix quadtree returning items outside of the passed rectangle, added queryRect queryRadius queryPolygon to quadtree, improve quadtree query performance
[MIL PLACEMENT] Fixed virtual AI group tuplication on HQs when reloading a persisted mission
[SYS PROFILE] Added ArrayFramHandler to virtual AI simulation to ensure stable FPS (fixes jumps in FPS)
[X LIB] Further improvement to deleting mission data in ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNamespaceClear
[SYS PROFILES] Various improvements to handling false data
[MIL OPCOM] Made asymmetric commander not assign groups in garrison (f.e. fixes roadblocks being abandoned)
[SYS DATA PNS] Ensured ProfileNamespace data is not referenced and used by runtime after load of mission data
[SYS_PROFILE] revert distanceSqr change in fnc_getNearProfiles
[X LIB] Add quadtree class
[ORBATCREATOR] Add ALiVE versioning to ORBAT Creator Output
[SYS_PROFILE] Optimize distance check in fnc_getNearProfiles
[X LIB] Added removal of task data to ALiVE fnc_ProfileNamespaceClear. Ensured correct prefixes are used to match variables
[MIL C2ISTAR] Fixed persistent tasks not initializing correctly on some environments. Removed former workaround that lead to a race conditions on hosted.
[MAIN] Add rhssaf_faction_army mappings
[MAIN] Update existing RHS faction mappings, add new RHS faction mappings
[SYS PROFILE] Added debubg for _active being nil in profileSpawner FSM leading to endless RPT spam in seldom cases
[SYS DATA] Added information if a formerly stored mission data has been loaded to an editor, single player or MP host.
[X LIB] Speeded up TRACE init
[SUP PR] Fixed PR destination markers leaving ["",""] entries and could not be deleted
[SYS MARKER] Restore ALiVE Markers from save in Single Player too
[SYS PROFILE] fixed script error in fnc_profileEntity when group was empty
[X LIB] fixed error when a group was empty in groupGarrisson
[MIL ML] Fixed _slingLoad error on vehicles without slingloadmax config entry
[MIL OPCOM | MIL CQB] Add chance of recruitment to reduce rate of recruitment - fixed CQB locations were not reset correctly on stored asym objectives after load from DB / PNS

• Like 8