ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Evening all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that shows how to make up a crash site mission using ALiVE? (using custom objectives)

15 minutes ago, reggaeman007jah said:

Evening all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial that shows how to make up a crash site mission using ALiVE? (using custom objectives)

The ALiVE mod wiki is really a great tool for learning the basics of ALiVE mission making. I highly recommend giving it a read: 

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

If you don't want to handcraft the scenario yourself with the downed chopper or whatnot, place the C2ISTAR module down, and request the CSAR task from the commander tablet.

If you do want to handcraft your own, place the ALiVE modules down (ALiVE Required, Virtual AI; Military AI Commander for each side if you want two virtual sides...syncing the Military Placement Civ/Mil objective modules to each AI Commander module), then place a custom objective module over the crashsite. Within the custom objective module, write what faction and number of units you want spawned at the objective (if you want any), and determine the prioritity  and size of the objective (make the size rather small if you want the units spawned really close to crash site). 

Then maybe use the CQB module if you want a chance of having units in nearby buildings.

So basically, read through the wiki for the basic use of the modules and understanding the concepts (such as blacklisting with markers, what modules to sync, etc), make your crash site, and test it a bit so you can fine tune the result. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Within the custom objective module, write what faction and number of units you want spawned at the objective (if you want any), and determine the prioritity  and size of the objective (make the size rather small if you want the units spawned really close to crash site). 

Awesome! Thank you for this..

I consider myself a student of ALiVE, with about 3 weeks of self-teaching under my belt so far. I'm doing lots of experimentation, and have plans to one day set up my own server. But I want to get the game-flow right first. The wiki is truly superb, and is without question the best documented mod I have come across. I was actually responding to this line in the wiki "Custom objectives can be synced to the AI Commander and can include .......  crash sites." 

I took that to mean the you could configure a crash-site mission through ALiVE, and I did not know you could establish a CSAR mission, so that is my homework for tonight :)

I think I have the essentials down, TAOR basics, CQB, C2STAR config etc. What I need to get better at though is the definition of TAOR markers; I saw a video on Cherno where the author established about 30 separate TAOR marker areas, and I'm sort of assuming this is the way to manage complex operations... 

Like you say.. experiment is the key :)

Cheers dude

I've never personally seen the benefit in having tons and tons of markers. I realize for fine tuning they are useful to determine CQB and civilian spawns (etc), but I generally just place blacklist markers over my bases to keep enemies and civs out, and in some occasions, in smaller scale ops, blacklist parts of the map that won't be getting used, and that's it really.

For placing a crash site via the Custom Objective module, I think it used to be easier when we had a dropdown in the module to select compositions. Pretty sure that's not there now (I think), but I think one could sure be manually written.

@spyderblack723 ?

There's too many compositions now, so no chance for a dropdown.

The wiki is truly superb, and is without question the best documented mod I have come across

For reading the wiki, you are now a privileged ALiVE user. Seriously, thank you reading it, not enough people do :)

What I need to get better at though is the definition of TAOR markers; I saw a video on Cherno where the author established about 30 separate TAOR marker areas, and I'm sort of assuming this is the way to manage complex operations... 

Less is better, as long as you can still achieve the same functional effects of course.

CSAR tasks generated via the C2ISTAR module will dynamically create their own compositions. A crash site composition created using a custom objective is only needed if you are preplacing your tasks.

• Like 2

Just wondering if I could throw another question into the ring..

I have played as a lone soldier, as a squad leader, and also using High Command, all with ALiVE running awesome stuff in the background. 

But regardless, I always see units spawning, then running off to get some war stuff done! It all looks quite important, but I have no way of knowing what it is they are prioritising.

Is there any way to see what the objectives are of teams, or units, so when I tag along I can help, and work with them to complete their own objectives? Or is it more a case of just picking a team that seems to look like they know what they are doing, following in their footsteps, and shooting at whatever comes in our way..?

25 minutes ago, reggaeman007jah said:

Is there any way to see what the objectives are of teams, or units, so when I tag along I can help, and work with them to complete their own objectives? Or is it more a case of just picking a team that seems to look like they know what they are doing, following in their footsteps, and shooting at whatever comes in our way..?

You can use the Operations or Intel tablets accessible via the

ALiVE app menu >> C2iSTAR

to view the waypoints of units and the states of objectives (attack,defend)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, spyderblack723 said:

I haven't tried in awhile. Is joining profiled groups via the tablet working better now? It used to have issues. Perhaps 64-bit has made it a bit more reliable?

I didnt know that ... thanks man

KITD FOHS

1 hour ago, reggaeman007jah said:

Try this as well:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Jump_To_The_Action.21

Create 2 radio triggers (or addActions) one for Attacking and one for Defending - choose one in-game and it will teleport you to the action!

• Like 1

Try this as well:
http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Jump_To_The_Action.21

Create 2 radio triggers (or addActions) one for Attacking and one for Defending - choose one in-game and it will teleport you to the action!

Thank you for this .. i was saving looking at script snippets for the weekend.. but this is now my evening sorted :)

Awesome!!

KITD FOHS

Latest Version set to 1703301
Release Build 1.3.0
https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.3.0.1703301

[ALL] Updated version to 1.3.0.1703301 clusterbuild 1.68.141112 - Public Stable Hotfix
[INDEX] FSF Adiyaman. Thanks to Vegas!
[MIL CQB] Adjustments to CQB for customizable smoothSpawn change
[SYS PROFILE] [AMB CIV POP] Implemented option to vary the smooth spawn speed to allow quicker spawns with x64 and jets DLC
[X LIB] Missed config entry for ALiVE_fnc_arrayFrameSplitter
[MIL CQB] Applied ArrayFrameSplitter to CQB to quicken up the CQB loop, improve debug and free up the scheduler
[MIL C2ISTAR] Applied ArrayFrameSplitter to TRACE system to quicken up the grid update
[X LIB] Added ALiVE_fnc_arrayFrameSplitter: Splits execution of code in given amount of array blocks and executes each block in unscheduled! f.e. [{_Code},[array with 3000 entries], 30] will split up the arrays to 30 parts á 100 entries. The code will be executed in one frame each making it about 30 frames to finish the loop, which prevents the game from locking up on big data.
[sup_command] Fix issue where intel menu did not open if MapBag01 model was selected

• Like 4

The DeWRP download on the Indexing page appears to be broken,

Is there another way to get a copy of it without a subscriber copy of Mikero's tools?

I'm trying to Index Leskovetz as it doesn't appear listed on the Supported Maps page

Latest Version set to 1704141
Pre-Release Build 1.3.1

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.3.1.1704141

[ALL] Updated version to 1.3.1.1704141 clusterbuild 1.68.141205 - Public Stable Hotfix
[SYS DATA] Set default to fail with more grace in case wrong settings are used
[VARIOUS] Added option to SYS DATA to persist mission state locally to profileNamespace, which enables persistence for SP, hosted and dedicated server. Integrates with current ALiVE interface and uses already given module-export-data. Does not use @ALiVEServer and therefore does not support webservices (for statistics, AAR, perf monitoring etc. use the proper CouchDB way). Select "ProfileNamespace" on the ALiVE Database module and make sure you have persistence enabled on the other modules, which you want to persist! WARNING: Experimental! Back up your current user and/or server profile folder or define a new one in your startup params! Additional functions: call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear in debug >>> will wipe the current mission data (or rename the mission)! call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceWipe will delete all ALiVE related data from profileNamespace (ergo: delete all missions).
[SYS PROFILE] Fix issue where slingLoad variables where not existing after load from DB, leading to corrupted profiles
[SYS PROFILE] Improvements to spawning speed especially avoiding using ALiVE_SectorGrid for realtime operations! Fixed situation in profileSimulation where _leader could be not existing, leading to broken profiles. Fixed issue with boatz where _boat could be not existing.
[INDEX] Diyala 1.3 Thanks to HeroesandvillainsOS!
[SYS LOGISTICS] Added POC of persisting SYS LOGISTICS to ProfileNameSpace in SP and dedicated server without database (save Data with call ALiVE_fnc_LogisticsSaveDataPNS manually)
[MIL OPCOM] Fixed issue where the current opcom instance could have not been selected,
[SUP_COMMAND] Remove list onSelChanged actions when showing color keys
[X LIB] Added data functions to save / load mission data to / from profileNamespace to persist data without database
Example:
_saved = ["urID",_urData] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
_urData = "urID" call ProfileNameSpaceLoad;

clear all current mission data
call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear

wipe all ALiVE Data from ProfileNameSpace
call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceWipe

• Like 5

Awesome Sauce as always when an ALiVE update goes live! :rthumb:

• Like 1

This is a test build for saving ALiVE data to ProfileNameSpace (PNS).  This allows persistence for Singleplayer or locally hosted (MP) games of ALiVE.  It essentially bypasses the regular ALiVE Data and so will not store to the ALiVE War Room.  War Room mission stats, After Action Review, server monitoring and central database services will therefore not be available using this method.  However, it means those who do not have access to a dedicated server can still benefit from ALiVE persistence.  Data is saved to your user profile (or the host's profile if running a MP game) and typically takes up a few Mb on the HDD.

• To use local persistence, select "ProfileNamespace" on the ALiVE Database module and make sure you have persistence enabled on the other modules as normal.
  • It is recommended you backup your user profile and/or server profile first (C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\profilename)
  • You can reset mission persistence in the normal way by renaming the mission pbo or use ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear in debug console.
  • ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceWipe will delete all ALiVE related data from profileNamespace

Please test and report bugs on Github.  I'll update the wiki with further details when we're closer to release.

For those who prefer playing with CouchDB, you can still set up a local database if you wish, though we still recommend that you use the War Room - it's easier!

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Are there plans to implement fleeing-action to the civilians?

Thanks a lot for the updates and your continuous efforts on error fixes :)

If i understood well, the steam workshop version is not yet updated with the last 2 versions, cause these are test versions. I made the update manually by replacing the whole @Alive file in the Arma 3/Workshop folder.

Encountered this one though : 

567927201704160249201.jpg

And this one, but i'm not sure that this is caused by Alive. If not, please forgive my ignorance :

972154201704160306541.jpg

Thanks again!

On 4/15/2017 at 2:49 PM, Tress13 said:

Are there plans to implement fleeing-action to the civilians?

Civilians already (attempt to) flee areas of conflict by default in Arma.

On 4/14/2017 at 9:19 AM, [kh]jman said:

Latest Version set to 1704141
Pre-Release Build 1.3.1

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.3.1.1704141

[ALL] Updated version to 1.3.1.1704141 clusterbuild 1.68.141205 - Public Stable Hotfix
[SYS DATA] Set default to fail with more grace in case wrong settings are used
[VARIOUS] Added option to SYS DATA to persist mission state locally to profileNamespace, which enables persistence for SP, hosted and dedicated server. Integrates with current ALiVE interface and uses already given module-export-data. Does not use @ALiVEServer and therefore does not support webservices (for statistics, AAR, perf monitoring etc. use the proper CouchDB way). Select "ProfileNamespace" on the ALiVE Database module and make sure you have persistence enabled on the other modules, which you want to persist! WARNING: Experimental! Back up your current user and/or server profile folder or define a new one in your startup params! Additional functions: call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear in debug >>> will wipe the current mission data (or rename the mission)! call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceWipe will delete all ALiVE related data from profileNamespace (ergo: delete all missions).
[SYS PROFILE] Fix issue where slingLoad variables where not existing after load from DB, leading to corrupted profiles
[SYS PROFILE] Improvements to spawning speed especially avoiding using ALiVE_SectorGrid for realtime operations! Fixed situation in profileSimulation where _leader could be not existing, leading to broken profiles. Fixed issue with boatz where _boat could be not existing.
[INDEX] Diyala 1.3 Thanks to HeroesandvillainsOS!
[SYS LOGISTICS] Added POC of persisting SYS LOGISTICS to ProfileNameSpace in SP and dedicated server without database (save Data with call ALiVE_fnc_LogisticsSaveDataPNS manually)
[MIL OPCOM] Fixed issue where the current opcom instance could have not been selected,
[SUP_COMMAND] Remove list onSelChanged actions when showing color keys
[X LIB] Added data functions to save / load mission data to / from profileNamespace to persist data without database
Example:
_saved = ["urID",_urData] call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceSave;
_urData = "urID" call ProfileNameSpaceLoad;

clear all current mission data
call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceClear

wipe all ALiVE Data from ProfileNameSpace
call ALiVE_fnc_ProfileNameSpaceWipe

Im sorry for my ignorance, is this pushed to SteamWorkshop. or is this some testbuild??

Any build marked Pre-Release is not a public build.

As always, any official releases from our team will be done with a fleshed out release post.

• Like 1