ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

13 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

At this time the only appropriate thing for me to post about my problem is... I apparently don't have one. All appears to be working now.  I don't know what I did wrong yesterday that I am doing right, today.  After having no luck yesterday I just put the server back to normal.  Tonight, to provide you with the files that you needed for review, I stopped it, reconfigured and restarted the server with ALiVE... and its working just fine, so far.

haha sounds like you got Arma'd  :don11:

• Like 1

On 1/24/2017 at 8:40 AM, autigergrad said:

FYI, I have already configured SOCOM, Chedaki, Russian VMF, and Nationalist RHS factions for ALiVE here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5R8WkcGUL8pT3BJdklhclN0V28

I'll be doing the same for the Serbs and any other factions not configured appropriately soon.

I would love to see the IRANIAN force in the Project Opfor Mod configured for ALiVE.....looking for a fresh enemy to fight on Takistan :)

3 hours ago, reaper lok said:

I would love to see the IRANIAN force in the Project Opfor Mod configured for ALiVE.....looking for a fresh enemy to fight on Takistan :)

Keeway announced in the Project OPFOR thread that all factions not currently configured properly for ALiVE was a mistake that will be corrected in their next update.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Keeway announced in the Project OPFOR thread that all factions not currently configured properly for ALiVE was a mistake that will be corrected in their next update.

That is great news - Keeway is doing some nice work with the Project OPFOR mod.  I will look forward to the update :)

• Like 2

Can you assist guys?

I m getting beaten by fnc_InArea.sqf error (twice per mission initialization) just before player spawns on map (MP)  +10 minutes wait time...everytime

Tried to google it further to no avail...

51 minutes ago, giorgygr said:

Can you assist guys?

I m getting beaten by fnc_InArea.sqf error (twice per mission initialization) just before player spawns on map (MP)  +10 minutes wait time...everytime

That's not really enough information to help you out with. Does it require a lot of mods? If not I can take a look at your mission for you to see what's up.

I don't see a lot of sqf errors in the game, TBH. Usually I think an error like that would indicate a problem with an external script I think but the fnc might mean this is a normal non-scripted function bugging out. Tough to say. Is this a mission you made? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giorgygr said:

Can you assist guys?

Can you post your RPT?

• Like 1

@HeroesandvillainsOS

..and

@spyderblack723

...thank you guys for your speed :)

I should inform you 1st that the mentioned error occurred in Hosted MP environment (due to ease of access

and less time consuming within Eden editor) ..and as i said..after 10 minutes wait time (until the 2 errors show)..the mission started ok.

Loading the same mission in a *dedicated server environment  (via TADST) was total fail due to other error

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.cup_terrains.

Yes..i m running lots of addons but my configuration should have being ok (unless i remove from

the equation the CLAfghan for A3 i m running-which i believe it doesn't collaborate at all with ALiVE)

If you insist...i could send you an .rpt ..but i think there are other problems i should try to solve first...

• Like 1

Hi Giorgygr,

That error on your dedi isn't Alive-related might be a corrupted mod or similar try re-downloading CUP.

Your RPT file will help with the SQf error.  What map are you using?

Hey SavageCDN !!

I m using CLafghan-the so called *A3_fix  version.

Although i 've read the ALiVE mission generator wasn't among the priority features..using it on this map

is a hell-on-earth.

Missions ~90% of times ending up creating assets on SW of map (the presumable 0,0,0 it is?..)  :)

*added*

I 'll make sure ASAP to clean the mission of possible extra-unrelated errors so i can provide

an *.rpt  with as-much-less clutter possible.

Yeah it sounds like Clafghan needs to be re-indexed for Alive.  If you can try a simple test mission on Stratis or Altis (like one of the demo missions) just to rule out your Alive installation and/or other dedi problems.

Also post your RPT if you get the chance.

28 minutes ago, giorgygr said:

Hey SavageCDN !!

I m using CLafghan-the so called *A3_fix  version.

Although i 've read the ALiVE mission generator wasn't among the priority features..using it on this map

is a hell-on-earth.

Missions ~90% of times ending up creating assets on SW of map (the presumable 0,0,0 it is?..)  :)

*added*

I 'll make sure ASAP to clean the mission of possible extra-unrelated errors so i can provide

an *.rpt  with as-much-less clutter possible.

I did a fresh index for CLA CLAFGHAN on Steam Workshop last night (the one by Nremik).

If you want to test it to see if this index is better, download this file, unpack it, and place the x folder inside your mission root.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlv0tx6bklatax7/clafghan.zip?dl=0

Though honestly you may want to clean up your mission first.

If someone can verify the index is working better than the default one included in ALiVE, I'll make sure a dev pushes it in the next update.

• Like 2

@HeroesandvillainsOS

Unfortunately i haven't got the time to FULLY explore the *new indexing as now.

I tried 3 auto-generated missions though..and the AI-selected locations was pretty "solid".

Although i WILL explore more in depth the system and the indexing the following days..there was

at least 2 *minor issues more related to tasks system than the Indexing i believe..

1. "Destroy Location" tasked me to destroy an (allied) guard post 30m West from me inside my declared A.O.

2. "Clear Town" wanted to send me in a town with 2 buildings (i dont know if there is way to seperate bigger AO's from smaller)

More to come..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, giorgygr said:

@HeroesandvillainsOS

Unfortunately i haven't got the time to FULLY explore the *new indexing as now.

I tried 3 auto-generated missions though..and the AI-selected locations was pretty "solid".

Although i WILL explore more in depth the system and the indexing the following days..there was

at least 2 *minor issues more related to tasks system than the Indexing i believe..

1. "Destroy Location" tasked me to destroy an (allied) guard post 30m West from me inside my declared A.O.

2. "Clear Town" wanted to send me in a town with 2 buildings (i dont know if there is way to seperate bigger AO's from smaller)

More to come..

Excellent. I feel pretty good about it then. Thanks for testing. AuTigerGrad just tried it in his Clafghan mission and said it was working well also.

What you're seeing right now is more related to the task system. Though I'm encouraged you haven't been sent to grid 0,0,0 :)

I'll probably go ahead and let the devs know they can push it through. What I wanted to see was primarily if there were any script errors on or near mission start, and that OPCOM was spawning units, objectives and civs and stuff.

Ping me if anything looks like it has anything to do with the index (if you're not sure describe what you see like you just did. That was perfect). And thanks for testing. One map down, probably a gagillion to go. :)

2 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

What I wanted to see was primarily if there were any script errors on or near mission start, and that OPCOM was spawning units, objectives and civs and stuff.

I don't want to discourage you in any way...but i got some warnings in side chat (nothing more "lethal")

and i didn't  actually got to location myself to see the created assets (really sorry)

BUT!....

the mission port i m working on it's pretty much mutilated by me and i m still running a large collection

of addon with CBA,ALiVE,ACE,ProjectOPFOR,RHSx2..so the warnings might be unrelated.

I WILL test more the system because i loved CLAfghan like no other map (official and not) and i want it

to be as trouble-free can be.

Hats off for your work already-and keep up- but for more solid answers we (players) should test more :)

5 minutes ago, giorgygr said:

I don't want to discourage you in any way...but i got some warnings in side chat (nothing more "lethal")

and i didn't  actually got to location myself to see the created assets (really sorry)

BUT!....

the mission port i m working on it's pretty much mutilated by me and i m still running a large collection

of addon with CBA,ALiVE,ACE,ProjectOPFOR,RHSx2..so the warnings might be unrelated.

I WILL test more the system because i loved CLAfghan like no other map (official and not) and i want it

to be as trouble-free can be.

Hats off for your work already-and keep up- but for more solid answers we (players) should test more :)

What's the side chat error? You're referring to the radio chat section on the bottom left, correct?

In my experience that's usually reserved for ALiVE performance warnings and factions not properly being configured for ALiVE, but I really want to see what it says. Can you take a quick screenshot please?

Are you seeing any black box script errors on the top of the screen at all? Or errors you need to click ok on? That's where the really bad stuff usually is.

• Like 1

On that note, I see you said it's your favorite map. The best test you can do for me is a mission with CBA ALiVE and the map related mods only using vanilla factions. 

I ran a test like this myself and it seems fine but the more eyes the better I agree.

• Like 1

I will do the test you propose (with the approved ingredients of course) although there wasn't any

"critical" script error or clickable one-only radio chat.

Sorry..i haven't got a screenshot right now (even my screenshots apps failing lol) 

..but i ll be able to do the test either some hours from now (*now 00:12)-either tommorow.

I had already today my ~6 hours spend in ArmA as monkey-with-a-wrench in a nuclear missile silo :D

• Like 1

If you run the steam client you can take screenshots with F12 (on Windows 10 anyway), as long as you allow the overlay.

No big deal man. It would be cool if you can test it, but it's not critical, so no worries. All reports say that Clafghan absolutely needed to be redone and there really isn't anything I could do differently if I were to index it again anyway.

I tested it for a bit and had no issues, and AuTigerGrad put it in his modded mission and it was working fine for him too.

If you need any general help setting your mission up (it seems like you might be having some problems), let me know if you have any questions or feel free to send it over if you get stuck and I'll take a peak.

I can't really help, obviously, if some outside mods are causing problems, but can at least make sure the ALiVE part is set up right if you want.

• Like 1

@SavageCDN

Here 's the Pastebin link of the error i mentioned (line 2683) :

2:32:40 Error in expression < = getpos _object};
};

_objectPosition inArea _marker;>
 2:32:40   Error position: <inArea _marker;>
 2:32:40   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
 2:32:40 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\markers\fnc_inArea.sqf, line 41
 2:32:40 Error in expression < = getpos _object};

The mission was set just running CBA,ALiVE,CUP_terrains_Core,CUP_Terrains_maps,CLAfghan_A3_fix

to setup an "indexing-supplementary-test-run" mission we talk about with HeroesandvillainsOS.

The error  was encountered when i tried to preview the mission (in SP) from within Eden editor..and was

just frustrated to move further..as i m literally butchering for 2 weeks the original mission i m working on to get rid of this error..

:/

@giorgygr What version of the map are you using? The one from Workshop by Nremik? And this was a test mission using the new index?

I don't really know how to read these rpts but I can see there are some objects missing on the map. 

What did you did in the mission to make the error appear? Can you post the mission here? I'd like to test it myself.

Actually @giorgygr let's do it this way. Here is a test mission I made for you. The index is included.

All you run is CBA, ALiVE, CUP Terrains Core, CUP Terrains Maps and CLA CLAFGHAN from Steam Workshop (it absolutely has to be this version of the map. Not the original one please). Nothing else.

It's just BLUFOR vs OPFOR, with some vanilla civs and some CQB. I put down a C2ISTAR module because I'm not exactly sure what you're doing to make these errors happen, so if you need to request a task to try and duplicate the error, you can. I played this for like 10 minutes and everything seems fine. Can you try it for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8uwstrfkmgs39j/IndexTest.clafghan.pbo?dl=0

Please make sure you are on stable 1.66, and that CBA, ALiVE and CUP are up-to-date.

Latest Version set to 1702101
Pre Release Build 1.3.0
https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/releases/tag/v1.3.0.1702101

[ALL] Updated version to 1.3.0.1702101
[MIL OPCOM] Implemented workaround for https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/584, (asymmetric objectives being moved to weird positions). Fixed recruits being created over water.
[SYS_ORBATCREATOR] Fixed bad CfgGroups output for civilian factions (fix #285)
[INDEX] Re-index Clafghan
[AMB CIVS] Improved units not returning and being stuck when joining a gathering! Fixed situation where a civilian could be called to a meeting and a gathering at the same time preventing the calling unit to be stuck! Added disableAI autotarget and autocombat on the civilian units. Added current civlian action to debug markers for testing purposes.
[AMV CIV COMMAND] Added function name to header
[AMB CIV POP] Added replacement code for #277 revert. Removed superfluous CARELESS command Added function name to header.
[AMB CIV COMMANDS] Removing ALIVE_currentEnvironment GVAR as it is often referenced and out of date. Replacing with function call.
[MIL MP] Avoid race condition when ALiVE_groupConfig is created but data has not fully loaded that could lead to no profiles being generated for a faction
[AMB CIV POP] Revert to former civilian spawning behaviour until a solution for single group grouping behaviour is found (fix #277). Balance amount of spawned ambient vehicles. Improve driving behaviour.
[FNC STRATEGIC] Improved ALiVE_fnc_getParkingPosition to not select parking positions in buildings or too close to walls and other objects to minimize changes of explosions
[C2ISTAR] Fix broken tasks on maps with bad index (fix #280)
[SYS_ORBATCREATOR] Add support for lego people
[MIL C2ISTAR] Give the mission maker an opportunity to disable generated and/or autogenerated tasking. Easy enough - put in init.sqf: ["generated","autogenerated"] call ALiVE_fnc_TaskDisable
[X LIB] placed trace to narrow down script errors on clafghan
[SUP COMBATSUPPORT] Fixed CAS did not accept any orders after ordering RTB and did not finish properly when it was killed on way home.
[VARIOUS] Fix for objective-type CIV / MIL not being persisted correctly and converted wrong. (fix #272)
[SYS_DATA] Fix issue where script could error if no roadblock data

• Like 4

Not to be a lazy assh*le but can anyone recommend a really good Alive singleplayer mission? I love the feeling of a war going on around me but would also like to have clear SP objectives or a light story

33 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Not to be a lazy assh*le but can anyone recommend a really good Alive singleplayer mission? I love the feeling of a war going on around me but would also like to have clear SP objectives or a light story

We're actually having a discussion over on the ALiVE forums about smaller scale (SP oriented) missions utilizing the mod, and also what 64-bit might mean for SP saving and loading, even for missions using the whole kit and caboodle (early tests are promising so let's cross our fingers!).

I'll be perfectly honest, I look around a lot for strictly SP missions using ALiVE and there really aren't hardly any out there, especially if you're looking for the story element. 

If you're looking for some smaller scale stuff you can play in a SP environment, Brawler just shared a mission that he considers 70% done over on the ALiVE forums, and it's pretty neat so feel free to check that out: 

http://alivemod.com/forum/2718-single-player-concept

AuTigerGrad has a few smaller scale single session missions on his Workshop page that I'm sure would work ok in SP too (Operation Nighthawk and Traffic Jam come to mind, but I've honestly only ever played them with other people and never alone. Also unsure if they need any updating which is possible): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198012420991/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410&p=2

I've got one in my signature called "The Contractor" which is specifically designed for SP, which is a hostage rescue mission designed to beat in a single session too if you ever want to try it.

I'm sure I'm missing some but yeah, I don't think there's a lot publicly out there.

What I personally like to do, is play the full scale, long persistent style missions alone on a dedicated server with AI teammates and just save and load my progress through ALiVE's War Room. I realize that doesn't account for the story element, and you have to be "online," but it never gets old for me to just patrol and clear towns and talk to civs and stuff. Insurgencies are my favorite for that.

As time goes on I hope to see more of what you're looking for though. ALiVE is excellent in that way that it can really spice up and randomize hostile encounters. It surprises me too TBH we don't see it used a lot more than it is for exactly the purpose you're hoping for.

• Like 4