ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

1 hour ago, escforreality said:

This worked like a charm! Is there a reason why the IND and OPFOR Chedaki forces are mixed? Can they be separated? 

Thats on the RHS end.  You'd have to ask them.  Just make sure you set ind friendly to opfor when using them and you're good.

8 hours ago, amonrada34 said:

hi i want ask could i use alive with existing missions?alive missions not found nothing places so.....

You could certainly add ALiVE to existing missions as a way to have the battlefield a little more randomized and populated, or even just use certain features of it (CQB, Transport, CAS support, etc), but of course this would apply only on a mission to mission basis. It would obviously change the feel, and could conflict in some cases, but you certainly could try it and see how it goes.

For missions made for ALiVE, I believe the mod itself has some showcases included. AuTigerGrad has a zillion missions on his Steam Workshop page (Steam name AuburnAlumni), and I have a few in my signature too.

For how to use the mod for making your own stuff, check out the ALiVE wiki and try to follow along and read through the various sub-sections: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Quickstart

Loving this mod for how easy it is to set up large scale conflicts but have come across a couple questions:

1. Tasks - is it possible to get OPCOM to assign my group to operational objectives the same way it assigns other groups? Right now if I request a civilian objective assault it spawns a random military building relatively near and uses that as my task. (Though sometimes it gets really weird and assigns me objectives way outside of any TAOR)

2. I seem to remember older versions you could use a debug setting to see objective ownership (objectives would be overlayed with a hashed square). Is there still a way to do this?

thanks guys!

3 minutes ago, tvscrrtt said:

Loving this mod for how easy it is to set up large scale conflicts but have come across a couple questions:

1. Tasks - is it possible to get OPCOM to assign my group to operational objectives the same way it assigns other groups? Right now if I request a civilian objective assault it spawns a random military building relatively near and uses that as my task. (Though sometimes it gets really weird and assigns me objectives way outside of any TAOR)

2. I seem to remember older versions you could use a debug setting to see objective ownership (objectives would be overlayed with a hashed square). Is there still a way to do this?

thanks guys!

The C2ISTAR module can solve both of your issues. Using the intel feature, you can view which objectives belong to your side's forces, and which ones don't. You can also use the tasks feature you create a task on an un-owned objective to have a structured goal for your groups to have.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spyderblack723 said:

The C2ISTAR module can solve both of your issues. Using the intel feature, you can view which objectives belong to your side's forces, and which ones don't. You can also use the tasks feature you create a task on an un-owned objective to have a structured goal for your groups to have.

Right. To be clear you would need to create this task yourself. It wouldn't be a "mission" in the same strict sense as "destroy the vehicle" or "kill the HVT" or whatnot. It would be up to you to determine what the objective actually is, and when it's been succeeded.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spyderblack723 said:

Ok, I had come across the C2ISTAR objectives but wasn't sure if there was a debug option as well. That works, I haven't actually had objectives change hands enough to see it in action so I'll try it out. 

And I had not tried creating my own objectives, only had OPCOM generate them for me. Will check out that feature too. Thanks!

The Intel Spyder is referring to is turned on in the C2ISTAR module. There you can choose how much Intel you want shown (small, medium, large, all), whether or not you want to see where your friendlies are, the radius of that in meters, etc.

I like low or medium coverage of Intel myself, and I limit it to just my faction or side and faction depending on how many friendly factions the mission has.

In the commander tablet (app key by default), there you can also go to the Commander Actions, and use the Intel tab to get more advanced Intel as well. You can choose to show which objectives your side have taken, what their status is, as well as have known units revealed on the map within the tablet temporarily too (which is excellent if you're about to assault an objective and are not sure what to expect or if your guys have seen anyone).

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.2.9

Bug Smashing

Thanks to our wonderful community of ALiVE users we continue to fix reported bugs and slowly enhance ALiVE. This release addresses a number of issues with our stats, data and auto initialisation of AAR as well as a few other fixes and optimisations. We appreciate your patience as we strive to Release Early and Release Often!

Release Highlights

•     Fix to AAR so sys_data_auto.pbo now truely does default to on for AAR!
  •     Koplic re-indexed!
  •     More improvements to tasks
  •     Added speed modifier for combat speed of profiles
  •     Fix issue where compositions and roadblocks were still not saved correctly, causing a hung loading screen
  •     Improved ALiVE plugin server config parsing
  •     Numerous bug fixes and enhancements

The grim details of bugs slain in the name of Arma

Spoiler

[SYS_STATISTICS] Updated statistics init so to avoid race condition with setting of public variables over the network
[SYS_DATA] Missing update in release
[SYS LOGISTICS] Do not save to sys logistics store if inventoryClosed fires on a unit (fix #270)
[SYS_DATA] Fix error handling issue.
[MAIN] Remove waitUntil from isModuleInitialised
[ALiVEPlugIn] Aliveplugin calling invalid config location #264
[SYS STATISTICS] Fixed race condition in sys stats where sys stats was broken for players (very visible on start of a freshly started server; fix #265)
[SYS_DATA] Fix issue where mission is stuck on loading screen if corrupt array data.
[SYS_PROFILE] Fixed incorrect initialization of combatrate variable in profile
[INDEX] Updated Object Blacklist
[C2ISTAR] Missed to re-enable HVT insertion and extraction (only static was enabled for testing)
[X_LIB] Fixed regression in fnc_getCompositions that caused infinite loading screen and prevented use of compositions on APEX maps if optional APEX compositions pbo was not loaded
[X_LIB] Update fnc_getCompositions.sqf
Update alive_object_blacklist.txt (#258)
[C2ISTAR] Improved scenery of Task Assassination in case "static" (ambient objects were sometimes flipping or dropping to floor, HVTs were moving away from the ambient objects).
[C2ISTAR] Fix script error on task "destroy vehicles" if no vehicle profile of selected faction is existing (fix #253)
[VARIOUS] Fix unprivatized variables
[INDEX] Re-index Koplic 0.4
[X_LIB] Private variables for getCompositions, for Spyder. Fix infinite loop on incorrect params.
[SYS_DATA] Improve error messages
[SYS_DATA] Fix issue where sys_data_auto did not init data and stats correctly, fix issue where vehicle data could overwrite inf data in AAR
[X_LIB] Fix unprivatized variables
[SYS_PROFILE] Add virtual combat speed modifier variable to module options
[SYS_PROFILE] Remove remaining battle code, reduce combat related function calls
[C2ISTAR] Fixed Insertion helicopter was hovering on spot and not returning in some tasks! Improved scene creation in HVT task (e.g. furniture and HVT being placed away from main composition)
[MIL_LOGISTICS] Fixed script error on slingloadmax where value not defined
[SYS_DATA] Fix issue where AAR stops when auto started
[AMB_CIV] #205 Single group maintained for all ambient civilians
[AMB_CIV] #205 Simplified ambient vehicles chance algo
[SYS_PROFILE] Increase profile attack distance, reduce profile combat rate, remove legacy battle code
[SYS_PROFILE] Fix issue where the profile simulator could freeze
[SYS_PROFILE] Improve variable scoping
[SYS_AISKILL] Fix missing fleeing value in generic skill sets

See full commit history on Github

Thanks to everyone for feedback both here and on our forum!

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

More Maps?
The momentum is really beginning to build with the indexing tools and we are cracking through the backlog. Instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found on our wiki

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with repros) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
We may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 6

What does this mean and how is it different than Virtual AI speed that's already available?

2 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

What does this mean and how is it different than Virtual AI speed that's already available?

It just affects the rate at which profiles battle in the virtual world. Keep in mind that virtual combat has already been slowed down by about 50% with this update so if you want to change it, you'll need to do some fresh testing. The other modifier affects how fast they move.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spyderblack723 said:

It just affects the rate at which profiles battle in the virtual world. Keep in mind that virtual combat has already been slowed down by about 50% with this update so if you want to change it, you'll need to do some fresh testing. The other modifier affects how fast they move.

Oh hell yeah! Thanks guys! 

If ALiVE is an active mod in our server string but we have non ALiVE missions in our rotation, is this irrelevant because there are no ALiVE modules on the map?... or will we encounter difficulties?  Will it mean anything if we start with an ALiVE mission and then move on to a non ALiVE mission and we all have the ALiVE mod loaded?

Mods generally create a lot of confusion with the people I play with.  Old farts confuse easily and sadly I am only a few years behind them.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lawndartleo said:

If ALiVE is an active mod in our server string but we have non ALiVE missions in our rotation, is this irrelevant because there are no ALiVE modules on the map?... or will we encounter difficulties?  Will it mean anything if we start with an ALiVE mission and then move on to a non ALiVE mission and we all have the ALiVE mod loaded?

Mods generally create a lot of confusion with the people I play with.  Old farts confuse easily and sadly I am only a few years behind them.

I don't really have any experience with mission rotation on a server, but if you're asking if ALiVE has any impact on missions simply by being present in the mod line (similar to how ACE might), the answer to that as far as I know is no.

ALiVE doesn't do anything that I've noticed without the modules placed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lawndartleo said:

As long as you still have ALiVE loaded, you will have no issues. As long as ALiVE is loaded on the server, clients will need it loaded as well, but it will not affect gameplay in any way unless modules are placed.

• Like 1

Tasks...hmmmm

Rescue the Hostage.......I would love too, however, I can never find that poor fella ;)  I used Admin Actions to mark units to check that I had not missed him, but nothing :(

FYI - I was on Altis Map.  An enemy encampment did spawn full of bad guys but no Hostage.  Anyone else encountering this?  I will try again later as maybe just an 'Arma" issue :)

I was wondering about the AI commanders. I don't suppose they are really 'there' on the battlefield? It would not be possible to, for example, kill the commander?

1 hour ago, Georilla said:

I was wondering about the AI commanders. I don't suppose they are really 'there' on the battlefield? It would not be possible to, for example, kill the commander?

No. He's like the Wizard of Oz, but that's a neat idea you have there. I like it.

Great idea with the enemy commander being an actual unit you can kill or capture.  I did this once in a traditional, editor-built "non-ALiVE" mission.  If you managed to neutralize a local Taliban leader, all Taliban units still on the map received waypoints sending them into full retreat. Kinda rewarding if you had actually managed to conquer the leader's compound despite the landmines and elite bodyguard force.  

For ALiVE missions I'd imagine it'll be possible to add a high point rating to the player visible once the overall campaign goal is reached and you see the debriefing screen or make the mission end with victory for your side once the enemy general is dead. 

Would be cool if you had some built-in solution in ALiVE that makes the OPFOR act less coherent or efficient once the general unit is killed...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tourist said:

Great idea with the enemy commander being an actual unit you can kill or capture.  I did this once in a traditional, editor-built "non-ALiVE" mission.  If you managed to neutralize a local Taliban leader, all Taliban units still on the map received waypoints sending them into full retreat. Kinda rewarding if you had actually managed to conquer the leader's compound despite the landmines and elite bodyguard force.  

For ALiVE missions I'd imagine it'll be possible to add a high point rating to the player visible once the overall campaign goal is reached and you see the debriefing screen or make the mission end with victory for your side once the enemy general is dead. 

Would be cool if you had some built-in solution in ALiVE that makes the OPFOR act less coherent or efficient once the general unit is killed...

I do think something like that should be (like many other things in ALiVE) an option for the mission creator. For me, having the potentially infinite mission suites what I enjoy most to fthe time.

If the option to have a "victory condition" was possible, I think theres a lot of room for creativity in implementation.

Operation Landlord | ALiVE...

Server has @Alive and @AliveServer

Both have been added to the server string

alive.cfg is in the root of the dedicated server

Key for Alive is in keys folder

Data module is on map.

Server has been registered with war room

Join server and the mission partially loads and then hangs

Remove @AliveServer from the server string

Mission runs fine.

Halp!

2 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Operation Landlord | ALiVE...

Server has @Alive and @AliveServer

Both have been added to the server string

alive.cfg is in the root of the dedicated server

Key for Alive is in keys folder

Data module is on map.

Server has been registered with war room

Join server and the mission partially loads and then hangs

Remove @AliveServer from the server string

Mission runs fine.

Halp!

Hey LDL - you'll need to post your server's RPT file (root A3 dir) as well as the alive.log file (@aliveserver folder).  Post them to pastebin or similar and link back here or to the alive forums

http://alivemod.com/forum/

Also make sure you have the most recent @aliveserver files which you can find once you log into the War Room.

• Like 1

At this time the only appropriate thing for me to post about my problem is... I apparently don't have one. All appears to be working now.  I don't know what I did wrong yesterday that I am doing right, today.  After having no luck yesterday I just put the server back to normal.  Tonight, to provide you with the files that you needed for review, I stopped it, reconfigured and restarted the server with ALiVE... and its working just fine, so far.

• Like 1