ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

1 hour ago, O.Languedoc said:

When we realease the new whitelisted objects are they getting persisted?

Yes, they should behave just as the other objects do.

• Like 1

Open the Military Commander Military Objective module in the editor and put the air assets dropdown option to none.

What map are you using? Vanilla maps *should* be ok but yeah, most Arma 2 maps will have this issue so it's best to just disable it IMO.

Since this last update I am getting massive game stutter when using the auto generated tasking system.  As each task or sub-task (part of a three part task) gets completed I am experiencing what feels like a game pause or a massive dysnc for about 3-5 seconds.

Anyone else?

• Like 1

On 20/1/2017 at 8:47 AM, reaper lok said:

Since this last update I am getting massive game stutter when using the auto generated tasking system.  As each task or sub-task (part of a three part task) gets completed I am experiencing what feels like a game pause or a massive dysnc for about 3-5 seconds.

Anyone else?

Speaking about tasks and sub-tasks, I don't know if it is just me but I can't finish any of them. I mean, I do what the task says but it won't finish. If the task says I need to kill the HVT, I kill him, but the task remains active.

1 hour ago, alexsegen said:

Speaking about tasks and sub-tasks, I don't know if it is just me but I can finish any of them. I mean, I do what the task says but it won't finish. If the task says I need to kill the HVT, I kill him, but the task remains active.

I have this but more so with the Rescue Hostage task.  When I transport him to the designated position....nothing :(  Also - some of the other Tasks do not seem to cooperate.

4 hours ago, reaper lok said:

Anyone else?

I'm noticing an increase in lag on this as well. It kind of always did this, but yes it's much more noticeable now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I'm noticing an increase in lag on this as well. It kind of always did this, but yes it's much more noticeable now.

Getting into specifics as I did not in my earlier post....

The Hostage Rescue Task will not complete even when transporting the Hostage back to the designated location.

The Pick up troops task will not 'FAIL' even when all of the troops that are set to be collected are killed in action (happened today).  Just remained ACTIVE.

Destroy the Vehicle task is hit or miss (pun intended), destroyed the vehicle or vehicles and not end task (used debug to search for a possible missed vehicle...nothing.

These are not complaints, just would be nice to get the tasking system running smooth :)  Keep up the great work with this mod guys.  I have been using your work since the MSO days where the Team Leader needed a backpack to call in missions...awesome stuff!

Yup, I'm not complaining either. In fact when I complete the objetives and they remain active, all I do is delete those task  :don11:

• Like 1

The devs are going to need to see vanilla (CBA/ALiVE only) repros on these C2ISTAR issues. They currently have a tickets available on their dev Github tracker based on the talk here but they'll need repros to diagnose and fix.

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/252

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/254

Oh, and I just want to point out that I even just opened and then immediately self-closed a ticket after a dev asked me if I'd seen a certain issue with ALiVE CBA only. Although I only use a small amount of additional mods these days, they are right, they can't fix what they can't see and they also can't be expected to go bug hunting if some outside mod or script is mucking with things.

I know it sucks to make "vanilla" tests but they make a good point.

• Like 2

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say how awesome the Alive project is. 

I am the creator of Vcom AI and am constantly updating it to fix bugs/optimizations/etc. I am constantly getting questions about Alive & Vcom and I was curious if I could get a few responses of some of the most common bugs/problems Alive users face.

Currently I was messaged that support vehicles in alive, such as transport aircraft, get marked with the variable  "ALIVE_CombatSupport". So I can have Vcom run a simple check for this variable and exit if the variable returns true. I am rather busy currently so I just don't have it in me to dig through Alive's beautifully constructed systems to find proper ways to 'hook' into it...so any help is appreciated. Any other important variables that come off the top of your head? Thank you.

• Like 1

I think we basically covered the main ones in the VCOM thread. 

The support aircraft mostly doing crazy things (although I haven't seen that much after you took a look at it) 
The other was something I brought up the other day about if you could change abilities from rank based to say faction based because it gives the mission maker a little more control. I think ALiVE spawns a bunch of low ranked units.

Those are the only 2 that come to mind. Although I think someone mentioned something about artillery wiping out civilians just to kill a couple of enemies. But I can't really speak to that as I don't use arty much if at all. 

• Like 1

On the topic- Can confirm ALiVE by default spawns all units at the rank of SGT and below, even 'officer' type units, so unless you manually change the ALiVE faction's info to make the soldiers's higher ranked than default they will only be SGT's (for team leaders) and Privates (all other units in faction)

(EDIT- OK, that must just be me- I keep everyone at Private (general units), CPL (team leaders), SGT (Squad leaders or SF team leaders) 

3 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

On the topic- Can confirm ALiVE by default spawns all units at the rank of SGT and below, even 'officer' type units, so unless you manually change the ALiVE faction's info to make the soldiers's higher ranked than default they will only be SGT's (for team leaders) and Privates (all other units in faction)

Units are created with the rank they are given in their group config.

19 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say how awesome the Alive project is. 

I am the creator of Vcom AI and am constantly updating it to fix bugs/optimizations/etc. I am constantly getting questions about Alive & Vcom and I was curious if I could get a few responses of some of the most common bugs/problems Alive users face.

Currently I was messaged that support vehicles in alive, such as transport aircraft, get marked with the variable  "ALIVE_CombatSupport". So I can have Vcom run a simple check for this variable and exit if the variable returns true. I am rather busy currently so I just don't have it in me to dig through Alive's beautifully constructed systems to find proper ways to 'hook' into it...so any help is appreciated. Any other important variables that come off the top of your head? Thank you.

Checking for ALIVE_agentBusy as well might be a good idea (will only be set on civilians).

• Like 1

@genesis92x Might be easier if you join our ALiVE channel on Slack so we can talk technical stuff with the devs - would be super awesome to get VCOM and ALiVE playing together nicely.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, escforreality said:

Are there any plans to add new RHS factions to Alive?

Speaking as a non member of the ALiVE Dev team. The devs stress the fact that it is up to the developers of their mods to create group configs the same way as is the Norm (IE the Bohemia way) for it to function properly with ALiVE.

However, the new ORBAT Tool by SpyderBlack allows you to create/fix factions with an amazing level of ease.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, willithappen said:

Speaking as a non member of the ALiVE Dev team. The devs stress the fact that it is up to the developers of their mods to create group configs the same way as is the Norm (IE the Bohemia way) for it to function properly with ALiVE.

However, the new ORBAT Tool by SpyderBlack allows you to create/fix factions with an amazing level of ease.

FYI, I have already configured SOCOM, Chedaki, Russian VMF, and Nationalist RHS factions for ALiVE here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5R8WkcGUL8pT3BJdklhclN0V28

I'll be doing the same for the Serbs and any other factions not configured appropriately soon.

• Like 5

hi i want ask could i use alive with existing missions?alive missions not found nothing places so.....

20 hours ago, autigergrad said:

FYI, I have already configured SOCOM, Chedaki, Russian VMF, and Nationalist RHS factions for ALiVE here.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5R8WkcGUL8pT3BJdklhclN0V28

I'll be doing the same for the Serbs and any other factions not configured appropriately soon.

This worked like a charm! Is there a reason why the IND and OPFOR Chedaki forces are mixed? Can they be separated?