ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

On 07/01/2017 at 10:43 AM, sixt said:

I have problems with the new update. When i use a custom mil objective i get the debug markers from the objective on the map. Even if i have turned it off in the module. Im also having problem with running it on my dedicated server, getting way more lag than before. Im not used to use the debug tracker. Thats why im writing it here. And just see if others have the same problem.

Edit: sorry my tapatalk didn't update the forum. Can see it is on the debug tracker. Hope its soon gonna bee fixed. And thanks for this great mod.
Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

Thanks for the report.

Fixed it in Dev. Here is a workaround.

Place the following code in the init line of the custom objective module

0 = [this] spawn { _logic = _this select 0; waitUntil {count (_logic getVariable ["objectives",[]]) > 1}; _testObjective = (_logic getVariable "objectives") select 0; [_testObjective,"debug",false] call ALiVE_fnc_cluster;};
  • Like 3

Thanks for the report.

0 = [this] spawn { _logic = _this select 0; waitUntil {count (_logic getVariable ["objectives",[]]) > 1}; _testObjective = (_logic getVariable "objectives") select 0; [_testObjective,"debug",false] call ALiVE_fnc_cluster;};

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

encountering some weirdness lately looking to see if anyone here has seen this as well.  I am on DEV branch so could be something else but thought i'd get the word out incase...

Currently at random it seems that mid-mission my unit (player unit) freezes out of no where.  It seems simulation gets disabled for no reason.  I've tried running a code in console to enable simulation but no go.  Tried a few other things as well.... Bascially my whole character is frozen, yet the only thing i can do is click to shoot, or right click to use iron sights but cannot zoom or anything.  It seems all controls are locked.  Switching to another unit works find, but that same unit now in control of AI stays also frozen.  Stumped.  Only noticed this with latest release but of course also switched to DEV branch not too far off so hard to say.

The mission is heavily scripted so not sure if something there is the culprit as well.  I swear, there's always something that goes broken with Arma  :)

EDIT:

Think it may have been related to the New Dynamic Simulation feature.  After manually disabling, i have yet to reproduce again....although according to their notes it should not impact unless manually triggered on units.  Hmmm...

On 1/9/2017 at 3:15 PM, tupolov said:

Thanks for the report.

I placed this line of code in the init field of the Military Placement (custom objectives) module and it made no different, the debug info was still displayed on the player map.  Is there something else that needs to be done to fix the issue?

Thanks

EDIT: Running the latest version of ALIVE from Armaholic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lifetap said:

I placed this line of code in the init field of the Military Placement (custom objectives) module and it made no different, the debug info was still displayed on the player map.  Is there something else that needs to be done to fix the issue?

Thanks

Same for me - however, I am on stable branch and NOT Dev Branch (would this make a difference)?

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

They never presume or recommend using ALiVE stable on Dev Branch for anything other than testing and probably pain.

I am on Stable but was not sure if the fix posted only works while in Dev Branch?

• Like 1

Should in theory work on stable branch.  Might have to poke the Tup.

Anyway, we're all at an ALiVE hackathon in London tomorrow so hopefully we'll get a whole bunch of bugs smashed.

Or we'll get drunk and achieve nothing.

Who knows!

We'll probably stream some ALiVE dev play testing at some point, conference centre bandwidth allowing.  Keep an eye on Twitter if you're at all interested.

• Like 6

Question for the dev's - is there anyway to get the ALIVE AI Commander to be more reckless on the attack? 

Currently making a little Normandy breakout mission on IFA3, and due to the size of the map I must keep AI counts low. Ideally - I would like there to be around 250 Allies V 200 Axis. The problem is, the Allies refuse to attack unless they outnumber the Axis 2:1 - and even then they still leave over half of their forces idle on the beaches. In order to remedy this, I must bump allied numbers up to over double the axis numbers, leading to a collapse in frames. Anyway around this?

As a side question - anyway to make the occupation commander stay within the bounds of his zone? Also having the issues of Axis forces finding there way onto the beaches despite spawning well inland. 

The AI Commander needs ~7 groups available before he will advance to the next objective.  On Invasion mode, he will send 4 groups to attack, keep 2 for defence and hold 1 in reserve.  We cannot control the number of individual AI in the group, but a workaround to keep the group count high whilst keeping the overall AI numbers low would be to edit the faction's groups using the ORBAT Tool to make them all max 4 soldiers.  The relative size of the opposition does not factor into the AI Commander's analysis at the moment.  See more here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_AI_Commander#Dev_Notes

The zone (Tactical Area of Responsibility or TAOR) only defines the objectives for the AI Commander.  ALiVE does nothing with the low level AI, so whatever the AI decides to do when is sees enemies is up to ArmA.  In other words, there's no way with ALiVE specifically to prevent the AI from pursuing and engaging enemy units when it seems them, regardless of how close to the Objectives they are.

• Like 1

Hey DEVs, i used the below code successfully before, but now getting errors.  DId some change i need to update?

ORIGINAL CODE:

_randomcamp1 = ["smallHQOutpost1","smallConvoyCamp1","smallMilitaryCamp1","smallMortarCamp1","mediumAACamp1","mediumMilitaryCamp1","mediumMGCamp1","mediumMGCamp2","mediumMGCamp3","smallFuelStation1","smallATNest1","smallMGNest1"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_composition = [_randomcamp1] call ALIVE_fnc_findComposition;
[_composition, getmarkerPos _markerName, random 360] call ALIVE_fnc_spawnComposition;

Error from LOG:

10:13:45 Spawning Composition: [[],[8845.77,7068.48,0],245.985]
10:13:45 Error in expression <(_comp select 1) pushBack [_config,_azi,_faction];
[ALiVE_PCOMPOSITIONS, "compos>
10:13:45   Error position: <_faction];
10:13:45   Error Undefined variable in expression: _faction
10:13:45 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\composition\fnc_spawnComposition.sqf, line 146

Thanks

All the camps have different class names now I think.  Check the config viewer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jcae2798 said:

Hey DEVs, i used the below code successfully before, but now getting errors.  DId some change i need to update?

ORIGINAL CODE:

_randomcamp1 = ["smallHQOutpost1","smallConvoyCamp1","smallMilitaryCamp1","smallMortarCamp1","mediumAACamp1","mediumMilitaryCamp1","mediumMGCamp1","mediumMGCamp2","mediumMGCamp3","smallFuelStation1","smallATNest1","smallMGNest1"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_composition = [_randomcamp1] call ALIVE_fnc_findComposition;
[_composition, getmarkerPos _markerName, random 360] call ALIVE_fnc_spawnComposition;

Error from LOG:

10:13:45 Spawning Composition: [[],[8845.77,7068.48,0],245.985]
10:13:45 Error in expression <(_comp select 1) pushBack [_config,_azi,_faction];
10:13:45   Error position: <_faction];
10:13:45   Error Undefined variable in expression: _faction
10:13:45 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\composition\fnc_spawnComposition.sqf, line 146

Thanks

The composition functions were overhauled towards the end of summer, these are the new parameters

fnc_findComposition

_classname

_category -- defaults to "Military"

fnc_spawnComposition

_config

_position

_direction

_faction

Not sure how to find the category of a composition, but looking in configFile >> CfgGroups >> Empty >> something else

might yield results

• Like 1

Thanks bud.   Will give it a go and see if i can get it working.  Thanks

On 12/01/2017 at 9:08 AM, lifetap said:

Thanks

EDIT: Running the latest version of ALIVE from Armaholic

Damn, apologies there was a typo... eek

0 = [this] spawn { _logic = _this select 0; waitUntil {count (_logic getVariable ["objectives",[]]) > 0}; _testObjective = (_logic getVariable "objectives") select 0; [_testObjective,"debug",false] call ALiVE_fnc_cluster;};

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com

The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.2.8

Hackathon and bugs squashing

On a dark, cold and damn early Friday morning in London, at a secret location, the ALiVE mod team got together for its very first Hackathon! 5 devs travelled to London while members from Australia, Europe and the US connected remotely for what ended up as 16 hours of bug smashing and playtesting. After some initial technical issues (apologies on the lack of live stream and updates), the crew were up and running, fueled by a full english breakfast, pizza, coffee and prosecco(!) we smashed through numerous bugs. 1.2.8 release is the culmination of that work. Many thanks to Friznit for hosting, and to those that travelled - Tupolov, Gunny, Jman and Sacha - as well as our fellow ALiVE modders across the world.

We certainly look forward to the next ALiVE Hackathon in 2017.

Release Highlights

•     Players can now carry many different objects, mission makers can whitelist object classes
  •     N'Ziwasogo re-indexed!
  •     Improved numbers of ambient civilians (prepare for server meltdown)
  •     Numerous bug fixes and enhancements
  •     Fix to AAR so sys_data_auto.pbo now truely does default to on for AAR!
  •     Persistent markers and reports are now restored correctly for JIPs
  •     CSAR and hostage rescue missions now work correctly

The grim details of bugs slain in the name of Arma

Spoiler

[AMB CIVS] #205 Tested on Stratis Agia Marina. Extreme ~84 units. High ~30. Med ~ 21. Low ~ 10
[AMB CIVS] Fixed script error when ambient music was generated (fix #238)
[AMB_CIV_POPULATION] Fix module check var name
[CIV_PLACEMENT] Fixed civlian military placement module randomly didn't place units even when correctly configured factions were used. (fix #237)
[CIV_PLACEMENT] Fixed issue where vanilla OPF_G_F were spawned on roadblocks if no dominant faction was found. Fixes #193
[Indexing] Re-index N'Ziwasogo 0.97
[mil_C2ISTAR] Fix issue #142 Child Tasks not mirroring Parent State. Child Tasks now mirror parent state, also implemented if Parent Task is deleted so is child task
[MIL_C2ISTAR] Hostage Rescue: Fixed rescue action not showing in SP and editor preview (fix #240). Fixed hostage not getting out of ambient animation (fix #194).
[MIL_C2ISTAR] removed rogue diag
[MIL_C2ISTAR] Task CSAR: Fixed no composition was placed at destination location and script error was thrown (fix #242). Fix Rescue option wasn't shown in SP (fix #241)
[MIL_OPCOM] Fix error where TACOM was trying to give orders to null profiles
[MIL_OPCOM] Only set up roadblocks until a maximum limit of roadblocks for the location size is reached (possible fix #234)
[MIL_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM] Fix issue where custom objectives have debug enabled by default regardless. Fixes #236
[ORBATCREATOR] Fix default misc identity datatype was string instead of array
[SUP_COMBATSUPPORT] fix issue #243 talk to pilot
[SYS_DATA] Fix data issue where server authorization was incorrectly processed
[SYS_DATA] Improve tracking of player units for AAR
[SYS_DATA] Update fnc_DataInit.sqf
[SYS_LOGISTICS] Added Non_Strategic class to logistics canCarry, allowing people to carry various items. Ability to add any class by setting alive_sys_logistics setVariable ["WHITELIST",["YOUCLASSHERE"]]. Fixes #34
[SYS_LOGISTICS] Fixes issue where carryable objects did not honour height of placement
[SYS_MARKER] Fix issue where JIP does get persistent markers restored.
[SYS_MARKER] fixed #245 Civ Marker script error
[SYS_MARKERS] More fixes for JIP markers and reports
[SYS_ORBATCREATOR] Add visual feedback for dragging asset list-->group unit list
[SYS_ORBATCREATOR] Fix state operation working under the debug variable
[SYS_ORBATCREATOR] Improve list dragging, units can now be dragged out of the selected group to remove them
[SYS_PROFILE] Improve variable scoping and minor optimizations to fnc_profileSimulator (round 1)

See full commit history on Github

Thanks to everyone for feedback both here and on our forum!

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

More Maps?
The momentum is really beginning to build with the indexing tools and we are cracking through the backlog. Instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found on our wiki

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with repros) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
We may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 11

Fantastic list of new features and squashed bugs; really awesome to see the effort you lads went to in organizing an event of bug crushing!

• Like 1

Is there a way to Blacklist some missions  I have issues with defending missions and patrol ops not completing once all the AI are dead

@tupolov Regarding that fix for civ spawns, should we expect more civs to spawn with our current settings on all maps or was this just to address a rare bug?

Just curious if I'll need to rebalance my civ recruitment center settings in Assymetric mode on maps that seemed to spawn civs fine like Takistan/Sangin/Reshmaan/etc.

Also, I don't see it in the changelog, was that bug with Logistics and Real Weather effecting persistent data squashed here too?

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@tupolov Regarding that fix for civ spawns, should we expect more civs to spawn with our current settings on all maps or was this just to address a rare bug?

Just curious if I'll need to rebalance my civ recruitment center settings in Assymetric mode on maps that seemed to spawn civs fine like Takistan/Sangin/Reshmaan/etc.

Also, I don't see it in the changelog, was that bug with Logistics and Real Weather effecting persistent data squashed here too?

Yes, I would advise going through your missions and monitoring how the new civ density affects performance; you may need to lower the placement level.

• Like 1