ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Im using diyala Iraq and i let the server run all night with asymmetric with the iedmodule  synced to the Opcom commander and they just dont like placing down IEDs I'm gonna try to test with takistan I'm having issues with the civilians driving on the map anyways beautiful map just have issues with ai movement 

What exactly does "no cluster filtering" mean? I'm assuming this corrects a bug where civs weren't spawning in appropriate numbers on a couple maps?

Most maps I use seem to spawn civs just fine. Only a very few have reported issues with this, even with a clean index (Diyala and Tanoa are the only two I can think of with reports).

Can you guys elaborate on what this option does and whether it will make noticeable impact on maps that didn't have any noticeable civ spawning issues? 

Thanks for the update guys.

Keep up the great work. Best wishes to the mod and the teams for 2017  :)

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

What exactly does "no cluster filtering" mean? I'm assuming this corrects a bug where civs weren't spawning in appropriate numbers on a couple maps?

Most maps I use seem to spawn civs just fine. Only a very few have reported issues with this, even with a clean index (Diyala and Tanoa are the only two I can think of with reports).

Can you guys elaborate on what this option does and whether it will make noticeable impact on maps that didn't have any noticeable civ spawning issues? 

Oh shoot I totally misread the changlog. I thought "very small" meant a very small change we needed to make, and failed to see it was actually written with capitals "Very Small" which certainly means this is a new filtering option.

I guess I still don't understand what this means in practice (we could already use "do not filter") but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

My bad.

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Oh shoot I totally misread the changlog. I thought "very small" meant a very small change we needed to make, and failed to see it was actually written with capitals "Very Small" which certainly means this is a new filtering option.

I guess I still don't understand what this means in practice (we could already use "do not filter") but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

My bad.

The old "No Filter" option is the new "Tiny" option. "No Filter" now truly means no filter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Iceman2004 said:

Im using diyala Iraq and i let the server run all night with asymmetric with the iedmodule  synced to the Opcom commander and they just dont like placing down IEDs I'm gonna try to test with takistan I'm having issues with the civilians driving on the map anyways beautiful map just have issues with ai movement 

There's a couple things at play here regarding IED's.

The first thing is, Assymetric Commanders can take quite some to establish IED's when the IED module is synced to the Military AI Commander module. And by that I mean a very long time depending on your expectations. I'm not exactly sure how it all works under the hood, but I think Insurgent commanders prioritize objectives when the mission starts, and need to establish their insurgent HQ's before you'll notice any IED's in insurgent occupied areas. 

If you'd like to see a more immediate impact of IED placement, place the module unsynced to anything. I like setting it to "enemy occupied" so they aren't just anywhere but there are some decent options and blacklists available to suit the placement to your needs.

Also, check out today's update and see how it goes. Diyala has an odd issue, where although the map is indexed, civilians (which are needed in Assymetric mode) don't really spawn. Try setting the civilian placement to the very lowest filtering setting and see if you notice any improvements from how it behaved yesterday.

For more on how Insurgency differs from ALiVE conventional ops, check out this link on their wiki: 

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

45 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

There's a couple things at play here regarding IED's.

The first thing is, Assymetric Commanders can take quite some to establish IED's when the IED module is synced to the Military AI Commander module. And by that I mean a very long time depending on your expectations. I'm not exactly sure how it all works under the hood, but I think Insurgent commanders prioritize objectives when the mission starts, and need to establish their insurgent HQ's before you'll notice any IED's in insurgent occupied areas. 

If you'd like to see a more immediate impact of IED placement, place the module unsynced to anything. I like setting it to "enemy occupied" so they aren't just anywhere but there are some decent options and blacklists available to suit the placement to your needs.

Also, check out today's update and see how it goes. Diyala has an odd issue, where although the map is indexed, civilians (which are needed in Assymetric mode) don't really spawn. Try setting the civilian placement to the very lowest filtering setting and see if you notice any improvements from how it behaved yesterday.

For more on how Insurgency differs from ALiVE conventional ops, check out this link on their wiki: 

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

Thanks for the info

are the IED synced with a trigger man or are they just pressure mines

2 hours ago, Iceman2004 said:

Thanks for the info

are the IED synced with a trigger man or are they just pressure mines

Pressure mines, such as bottles buried under the dirt and placed in roads and stuff like that.

31 minutes ago, Iceman2004 said:

Got the IED's replaced with the ACE IEDS but I cannot interact with them at all

I don't use ACE myself, but if I recall, ACE has some IED's that can't be disarmed. There's a thread about it with the classnames you need to use over on the ALiVE fourms (and I apologize 100% if I'm misclassifying the exact issue, but there was just a similar discussion on their forums I think a week or two ago?). I'll try to dig it up for you tomorrow when the site is back online.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I can't seem to figure out how to make these debug markers for custom objectives go away: http://imgur.com/CGNjrC9

I see the forums are down so I'll mess around with it for a bit and open a ticket for it tomorrow if I can find the exact cause.

I've duplicated this with a repro mission using ALiVE and CBA only. Ticket can be found here: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/236

56 minutes ago, Iceman2004 said:

Got the IED's replaced with the ACE IEDS but I cannot interact with them at all

Ok, it's back up.

Make sure to use the IED classname with "ammo" at the end. Here's the wiki entry on it: 

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/IED 

And a link to the discussion:

http://alivemod.com/forum/1371-using-ace-ieds/6#p16744

I have problems with the new update. When i use a custom mil objective i get the debug markers from the objective on the map. Even if i have turned it off in the module. Im also having problem with running it on my dedicated server, getting way more lag than before. Im not used to use the debug tracker. Thats why im writing it here. And just see if others have the same problem.

Edit: sorry my tapatalk didn't update the forum. Can see it is on the debug tracker. Hope its soon gonna bee fixed. And thanks for this great mod.
Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

Hi,

is

Afghanistan/Kandahar

a valid entry for real weather?

17 minutes ago, mech said:

Hi,

is

Afghanistan/Kandahar

a valid entry for real weather?

Yes, if its a real place there should be weather for it.

Check your RPT to see if the weather is found ok.

1 hour ago, tupolov said:

Yes, if its a real place there should be weather for it.

Check your RPT to see if the weather is found ok.

2017/01/07, 12:05:14 ALiVE [m_25|220] Module ALiVE_sys_weather INIT
2017/01/07, 12:05:37 Weather was forced to change
2017/01/07, 12:05:37 ALiVE [m_25|220] Module ALiVE_sys_weather INIT COMPLETE TIME:  23.461

Looking good? No error with "*weather*" found. 

20 minutes ago, mech said:

2017/01/07, 12:05:14 ALiVE [m_25|220] Module ALiVE_sys_weather INIT
2017/01/07, 12:05:37 Weather was forced to change
2017/01/07, 12:05:37 ALiVE [m_25|220] Module ALiVE_sys_weather INIT COMPLETE TIME:  23.461

Looking good? No error with "*weather*" found. 

Did you select Real Weather in the Weather Climate option in the module params?

With debug on you should see

Spoiler

22:37:56 ALiVE [m_6|220] Module ALiVE_sys_weather INIT
22:37:56 Module ALiVE_sys_weather SERVER STARTING
22:37:56 Module ALiVE_sys_weather INITIAL_WEATHER: 5, WEATHER_CYCLE_DELAY: 1800, WEATHER_CYCLE_VARIANCE: 0.2
22:37:57 "WEATHER LOCATION: England/London = /q/zmw:00000.601.03772"
22:37:57 "weather cmd: GetWeather ['2017','01','05','21','/q/zmw:00000.601.03772']"
22:37:57 "--------------------------------- WEATHER IN England/London AT [""2017"",""01"",""05"",""21"",""37""] ---------------------------------"
22:37:57  ------------------ Inspecting Hash --------------------
22:37:57    k [0]: tempm v: 1
22:37:57    k [1]: tempi v: 33
22:37:57    k [2]: dewptm v: -1
22:37:57    k [3]: dewpti v: 31
22:37:57    k [4]: hum v: 89
22:37:57    k [5]: wspdm v: 3.7
22:37:57    k [6]: wspdi v: 2.3
22:37:57    k [7]: wgustm v:
22:37:57    k [8]: wgusti v:
22:37:57    k [9]: wdird v: 320
22:37:57    k [10]: wdire v: NW
22:37:57    k [11]: vism v: 7
22:37:57    k [12]: visi v: 4
22:37:57    k [13]: pressurem v: 1037
22:37:57    k [14]: pressurei v: 30.63
22:37:57    k [15]: windchillm v: -999
22:37:57    k [16]: windchilli v: -999
22:37:57    k [17]: heatindexm v: -9999
22:37:57    k [18]: heatindexi v: -9999
22:37:57    k [19]: precipm v:
22:37:57    k [20]: precipi v:
22:37:57    k [21]: conds v: Light Haze
22:37:57    k [22]: icon v: hazy
22:37:57    k [23]: fog v: 0
22:37:57    k [24]: rain v: 0
22:37:57    k [25]: snow v: 0
22:37:57    k [26]: hail v: 0
22:37:57    k [27]: thunder v: 0
22:37:57    k [28]: tornado v: 0
22:37:57    k [29]: metar v: AAXX 05214 03772 47957 /3202 10008 21006 30339 40371 52008 704// 333 55300 20000 87/71
22:37:57  ------------------ Inspection Complete --------------------

I have a question

If I want more helicopters to spawn and spawn in specific places, can I put my own helipads down as objects? Will alive detect them as a spawnpoint for the chopper and place them their? Because right now on Tanoa for example, it is spawning Project Opfors Takistani Army choppers in hangars and other weird places where they will just suicide trying to take off. 

Ive got my server and connected to war room and also my Unit im having issues with my personal stats showing up i have my STEAM64ID correct i moved units awhile back and that the is the last time it shows me active

Has anyone encountered something strange with what I assume are helicopter reinforcements with AliVE? 

We fight a custom faction based on the INDEP side, and they do not have the AFF Mohawk for helicopters, but they are still using it when calling in heli's, and when the helis are called in (I assume for reinforcements, as they often will be be near us and I can see soldiers in the back) the AI Commander will always call in 5x helicopters at once, and they will stay, hovering, above a single location for at least an hour or so, and not do anything except hover- sometimes they will have sling loaded vehicles underneath, sometimes not. 

This is ALiVE without Spyders Addons, and 1 version behind the current ALiVE version (We haven't updated yet)

@jarrad96 You can create a custom blacklist for which helicopters you allow for logistics by creating a staticdata.sqf file and putting it in your mission root. Instructions are here (look for the example under military logistics air transport vehicles):

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Custom_Blacklists

This is assuming vanilla choppers are being used and you've set the Military Logistics module correctly to only use that faction's assets. So before adding the staticdata, open the Military Logistics module and make sure to set the override to "faction," instead of "side and faction." 

Let me know if that works. If not I can link you to another option we discussed over on the Github regarding factions that aren't set up correctly to utilize ALiVE Logistics.

Also, the choppers should take off after delivering troops or supplies. Sometimes it can take a bit because I think it depends on the OPCOM cycle refreshing. That said I've seen them never despawn in the past so if the behavior continues and if you can get a solid repro, definitely post back so they can nip it in the bud.

They do not actually land at all- they just hover over the map (FATA) , fully loaded with troops and sometimes slung vehicles (technicals usually) Vanilla helicopters- I'll see if I can get the mission and check the resupply faction, I'm not the mission maker. 

Right, those choppers are logistics resupply choppers, replenishing lost assets from the battle. This is because the mission has a Military Logistics module synced to a Military AI Commander module, which is great for long-term War Room persistent campaigns.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Logistics

The correct behavior for these helicopters is for them to deliver their cargo (units, etc) and then take back off and despawn. Again, it can take a bit, in my experience, but eventually they should go on their merry way. In the past I've seen issues with them just hovering there forever and ever so if it continues, definitely post back.

• Like 1