ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Thanx for the detailed reply :)

I am using Takistan (99 fps in base, 75 flying a chopper across the map and 56 in full combat with multiple vehicles and 20-30 enemy).

I may have made a schoolboy error with the active limiter....I drop that bad boy down from the 144 to 12 or 14.  Is this a mistake?  Please explain how this works if possible.

The missions that I set up is basically CSAT occupying the Military Facilities (Mil Obj) with Rebels Red (Civ Obj) and CQB of 10% single not pairs.  BLUFOR will be the playable slots for coop play so its only RED fighting BLUE (players).  No additional AI BLUE team in battle anywhere else on the map - just the player and its surrounding AI enemy.

Performance is good on the whole but the reinforcements (6 choppers carrying vehicles etc all at once) and the initial spawn of enemy when reaching the 1200m radius brings with it a lot of stutter.

Thanx for the tips :)

• Like 2

Here's an Editor's Note from the ALiVE wiki talking about what can happen when you lower the Active Limiter like that:

Making a mission with a lot of Virtual AI then artificially spawn-limiting them is inefficient and may get weird results, such as units spawning in behind players and moving into areas already cleared. Best practice is to reduce the density or number of Virtual Profiles in the Placement Modules to improve performance.

​Is the OPERATION LAND LORD demo mission up to date or has anybody made an up to date revision of the mission?  I've been away from Arma and Alive  for a while and have a little catching up to do.

​Is the OPERATION LAND LORD demo mission up to date or has anybody made an up to date revision of the mission?  I've been away from Arma and Alive  for a while and have a little catching up to do.

It hasn't been touched since the day it was released, but you shouldn't have any issues running it.

Aww. :)

I take back everything bad I said about Canada. Your president is handsome and you people are so nice and blackberries are awesome and I can't believe how the election turned out yesterday (I'm not very political but I didn't think he had a chance).

No need to tiptoe around the BB issue anymore... I've finally upgraded to an Android device.

PS: we have a Prime Minister not a President... .at least not until Trump invades  :ph34r:

• Like 1

^^  Quick ... build a wall :)

As long as Mexico pays for it....  :lol:

• Like 1

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.2.2

CwtIKL6XAAAOt1C.jpg

Hotfixes!
Thanks to the diligence of some our community members, we identified and fixed several annoying bugs and also took the chance to close out a number of small enhancement requests. We want to say thanks to Shukari for great bug reports and help in testing out ALiVE (and his first Pull Request!). Also to CoachWN, EasyEB and AUTigerGrad for bug reports and feature requests.

Fixes:
Logistics and C2ISTAR modules received a number of fixes to slingloading and tasks as well as placement of supplies, incorrectly orientated/composed compositions were fixed and there are minor fixes to the ORBATRON. Shukari fixed a stuttering bug and popped his cherry with a pull request!

Enhancements:
MarcelDev89 improved the player resupply UI by adding classname tooltips (as well as some handy bug fixes), Tupolov added an option to disable OPCOM roadblocks, added more patrols around compositions and improved UI/interaction with hostages/downed pilots.SpyderBlack updated ORBATRON to support Zeus and turrets.

Thanks to everyone for feedback both here and on our forum!

Download
Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Join the War Room Now!

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Release Highlights
  • Minor Fixes to SpyderBlack's ORBATRON
  • Critical fixes to Helicopter resupply
  • More patrols around compositions
  • Fixed compositions that were incorrectly aligned to roads, removed incorrect faction assets
  • Fixed Panthera civilian population issues
  • Fixes to player resupply UI
  • Various minor fixes and updates (24 issues closed)
See full commit history on Github

More Maps?
The momentum is really beginning to build with the indexing tools and we are cracking through the backlog. Instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found on our wiki

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with repros) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
We may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The
ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!
  • Like 13

Great work!

Quick question about the composition changes. We use ALIVE for our Public Server missions, but with the recent change in the compositions on custom objectives (the drop-down menu was removed), and the new compositions included in ALIVE, I was finding it difficult to prevent ALIVE from spawning in compositions with CSAT, NATO, or AAF flags and vehicles. This is an issue as the RHS Russian faction is usually the primary opponent. Does this new update prevent these inappropriate compositions from being used as random roadblocks, camps, or HQ's?  

Glad to help out with the bug testing. It was fun and something I will continue doing as I move forward!

CoachWN = Reschke=Nichols 

Im running along list of mods, so this isnt really a Bug post more of an experience question.

Is anyone else getting AI groups that have way points on/over/in water?

these would be any units spawned or placed in the editor, once their virtualized and respawned they may have waypoints in the ocean.. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

my best fix is to move them with zeus. however, again, just wondering if this something that is also experienced by others?

Great work!

Quick question about the composition changes. We use ALIVE for our Public Server missions, but with the recent change in the compositions on custom objectives (the drop-down menu was removed), and the new compositions included in ALIVE, I was finding it difficult to prevent ALIVE from spawning in compositions with CSAT, NATO, or AAF flags and vehicles. This is an issue as the RHS Russian faction is usually the primary opponent. Does this new update prevent these inappropriate compositions from being used as random roadblocks, camps, or HQ's?

Hi, Evrik!

There's a recent discussion on this here, though I'm not exactly sure what to make of it: http://alivemod.com/forum/2537-has-anyone-had-success-adding-custom-roadblocks-installations-e

Tupolov would be the guy to ping on this.

The link is mainly about roadblocks though but I think the spirit of the discussion is similar.

Im running along list of mods, so this isnt really a Bug post more of an experience question.

Is anyone else getting AI groups that have way points on/over/in water?

these would be any units spawned or placed in the editor, once their virtualized and respawned they may have waypoints in the ocean.. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

my best fix is to move them with zeus. however, again, just wondering if this something that is also experienced by others?

Yes it is a known issue and the best way is to just change them via the Zeus module. Also sometimes units are spawned into the water as well.

Heya,

i wanted to download alive by steam workshop now (I have seen in this thread it shall be available), but I only find it by the Author called "friznit".

Is this the official version?

thanks to all investing their time into this mod :)

• Like 1

Heya,

i wanted to download alive by steam workshop now (I have seen in this thread it shall be available), but I only find it by the Author called "friznit".

Is this the official version?

thanks to all investing their time into this mod :)

Friznit is one of the ALiVE devs. :)

• Like 1

It even says it's the official version in the description! :)

You mean I can trust all those emails that get pushed automatically in my junk-mail-folder :wacko: ?

That would mean I really have so many brothers, sisters, friends, uncles and aunts that were in need of money because they were in trouble :D ?

Oh and I won multiple times in lotteries I didn't play or even know, all around the world ^_^ .

Nah sorry, I simply searched the forum and the alivemod site and didn't find any exact reference.

I only read in the forum that there was (many moons ago) somebody else uploading it on workshop and at that time it wasn't allowed.

I also have to say that I lost focus on arma (gaming general) and am not up to date anymore

cheers

• Like 1

Bit of a question- how does ALiVE handle vehicle spawning? Does it only spawn 'groups' or can it spawn individual vehicles? Asking because in case it only spawns groups I have made a bunch of single vehicle groups, but is that actually necessary to have single vehicles (I'm excluding the parked ones, I mean a single tank patroling around, for example) 

It's going to spawn groups.

If you want individual vehicles to spawn and the mod you're using doesn't have them, you will have to make them yourself with ORBAT.

If the mission doesn't use military logistics for battle casualty replacements, placing the individual vehicles (manned) and syncing them to the virtual AI module (so they are virtualized) will also work, as long as the military AI commander is in control of that faction.

But again, if ALiVE is in a position to spawn them, it will only spawn the groups.

Yeah, I created my own ORBAT faction and it uses both vehicles in 4 vic groups and as individuals. I just wanted to confirm that single vehicle groups would be detected fine- We've ran across a few single BMP-1's in the last few weeks, which is nice, as a full 4 vehicle convoy of tanks we can't deal with. 

• Like 1