ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Question..

For the "Insert the troops mission"

Is there no way to make it use a custom faction? It always has me pick up the vanilla nato blufor troops. Is that by design or am i doing something wrong?

im trying it with the cup marines (CUP_B_USMC)

I haven't tried that specific faction, but C2ISTAR tasks, when automated, should pick up the faction you specify in the override lines in the C2ISTAR module.

If manually creating the tasks from the commander tablet, you'll need to specify which faction you want to be apart of the task (note: it's been awhile since I manually created that task. Normally, you pick the enemy faction with the manual option. I honestly don't know if that task allows you to choose the friendly faction or not when you create it in the tablet yourself).

Is it possible to disable spawning units when certain players/units are in the area. For example: if my group is playing as an infantry unit on the ground and I'm in a CAS aircraft, how can I set it so that the map won't be constantly spawning units as I fly around the AO?

On gear/ facewear randomisation- It seems like it is randomised, but I have only seen the combat googles/ aviators/ low profile/ tactical glasses- is there a way to set a selection of facewear that is chosen from the randomisation of each soldier, or at least for the whole faction, as third world forces running around with the tactical glasses on 1/3 of their forces is weird. 

Is it possible to disable spawning units when certain players/units are in the area. For example: if my group is playing as an infantry unit on the ground and I'm in a CAS aircraft, how can I set it so that the map won't be constantly spawning units as I fly around the AO?

In the virtual AI module there is an option to set spawn distance for helos and aircraft. Set it to 0.

2016/10/01,  0:09:33 There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["BLU_F"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!

-Map- Clafgan (Workshop version)
Factions on map- Default NATO vs custom Indep faction.
Server save and exit was taking ages to happen, so ran overnight- upon coming back there was that error.
Mods- ACE3, VSM uniforms (worn by Indep) CBA, ASR_AI

Is this something up with the mission, or did adding the units somehow break it- my admin was adamant that the same framework (but without custom INDEP_ worked on other maps. 

having lot of troubles with ALiVE and Tanoa:

BLUFOR spawns nearly no heavy armor or mechanized units (with luck 1-2 vehicles after several mission restarts)

OPFOR instead spawns way too many of them

factions used:

BLUFOR - BLU_T_F

OPFOR - OPF_T_F

GUER - IND_C_F

enemies do spawn at mission start literally on top of player, even when blacklisted with a marker (happens so far only if player spawn as BLUFOR)

question:

is there a possibility to post bone ALiVE initialization until custom init.sqf entries are started?

edit after further testing today:

the strange is,

the mostly equal ALiVE settings works flawless on Altis the only difference are the factions

ALiVE doesn't touch low level AI behavior so ASR AI is definitely fine. It's the AI mod of choice for me as well and the results are really good.

• Like 1

How do I get the Syndikat to spawn into a city and a forest in Tanoa?

I'm using a Military Commander Module so I can get them to attack a base as I'm making a base defend mission.
Thank you in advance for any help or insight :)

How do I get the Syndikat to spawn into a city and a forest in Tanoa?

I'm using a Military Commander Module so I can get them to attack a base as I'm making a base defend mission.

Thank you in advance for any help or insight :)

Sync the Syndikat Military AI Commander to a civilian placement module that is set to spawn Syndikat units.

Sync the Syndikat Military AI Commander to a civilian placement module that is set to spawn Syndikat units.

I tried that, and goofed around with it for almost an hour.

If that is how it is done then I'll try again, I also have it fixed to a marker over the city.. 

Thank you for the reply.

Is is possible to have two ORBAT created factions enabled at the same time? I have one INDEP and one NATO one, but when both are enabled the load order cancells one out- they both work fine when seperate- any ideas? I have different @mod names for both, and they both also have different names for the mod.pbo. In similaries both have a backup copy of the autogen, config.ccp and CFGpatches files inside 'addons' 

Is is possible to have two ORBAT created factions enabled at the same time? I have one INDEP and one NATO one, but when both are enabled the load order cancells one out- they both work fine when seperate- any ideas? I have different @mod names for both, and they both also have different names for the mod.pbo. In similaries both have a backup copy of the autogen, config.ccp and CFGpatches files inside 'addons' 

make sure you have the actual mod name in the config.patches as well.

Also..make sure your $Prefix$ file has the correct path when packing the pbo.

Where in the cfg.Patches does the name go? I just have everything in there by default except for the 'Units' line, which is full of zeus classnames. 

Where in the cfg.Patches does the name go? I just have everything in there by default except for the 'Units' line, which is full of zeus classnames.

At the top.

It probably says

Class test_mod

Change test mod to actual faction name

Has anyone had issues getting the Apex Getting Started mission to run with TADST?  It works fine if I start it in SP, and I tried the Stratis default Alive mission on TADST and it worked too, but whenever I try to run the Tanoa version my client Arma locks up on the loading screen after selecting a role...

Any ideas?

Has anyone had issues getting the Apex Getting Started mission to run with TADST?  It works fine if I start it in SP, and I tried the Stratis default Alive mission on TADST and it worked too, but whenever I try to run the Tanoa version my client Arma locks up on the loading screen after selecting a role...

Any ideas?

Check the server's RPT file and make sure all the mods required for the mission (CBA and ALiVE) are loading properly... usually what you are describing is caused by the server not having the required mods to run the mission.

Will do.  Seems weird that the same server can fire up the other Alive default mission on Stratis no issues.  I'll look into it, thanks!

I got this frome my RPT FILE...

1. 15:27:30 ALiVE Global INIT
  2. 15:27:30 ALiVE Global Init Timer Started
  3. 15:27:30 ALiVE [m_0|30] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT
  4. 15:27:30 "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"
  5. 15:27:30 ALIVE_SYS_DATA START PLUGIN: SYS_DATA_ERROR
  6. 15:27:30 "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"
  7. 15:27:30 DATA: Loading ALiVE config from database.
  8. 15:27:30 "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"
  9. 15:27:30 Error in expression <peName _config == "STRING" || (_initmsg select 1 == "ERROR" && _initmsg select 2>
  10. 15:27:30   Error position: <select 1 == "ERROR" && _initmsg select 2>
  11. 15:27:30   Error Generic error in expression
  12. 15:27:30 File x\alive\addons\sys_data\fnc_dataInit.sqf, line 109
  13. 15:27:30 Error in expression <peName _config == "STRING" || (_initmsg select 1 == "ERROR" && _initmsg select 2>
  14. 15:27:30   Error position: <select 1 == "ERROR" && _initmsg select 2>
  15. 15:27:30   Error Generic error in expression
  16. 15:27:30 File x\alive\addons\sys_data\fnc_dataInit.sqf, line 109

Sombody know whats that can be

I got this frome my RPT FILE...

Sombody know whats that can be

Try re-downloading your alive.cfg file from the War Room... I assume things were working fine until the last update?

Will do.  Seems weird that the same server can fire up the other Alive default mission on Stratis no issues.  I'll look into it, thanks!

Yeah if other ALiVE missions work then that is not the issue.. unless it's just the Tanoa one that doesn't?  Perhaps your dedi doesn't have the most recent server files?

Question:

What is it in alive that spawns vanilla statics/vehicles?

I know roadblocks spawn the vanilla static mgs, but ive also seen some empty ifrits and such spawn. 

Are they part of a composition? Military encampments? 

Question:

What is it in alive that spawns vanilla statics/vehicles?

I know roadblocks spawn the vanilla static mgs, but ive also seen some empty ifrits and such spawn. 

Are they part of a composition? Military encampments? 

They are part of the compositions (road blocks, field HQs, etc)

Couple of questions:

Will ALiVE send troops to attack enemies even if they're not in an objective? What about outside the TAOR?

If using an AI recruitment script. Would those units be included in the virtualization and persistence if spawned in after missions start?

A lot of these are simply questions about how the AI would react to guerilla players. Ie, if we did something like ambush a convoy, would they send troops in that direction and search for us?

edit*

Last question lol

If the AI has control of everything in the TAOR, will it still move troops from obj to obj randomly? Or do they just stay still patrolling the obj?

ALiVE AI Commander only directs troops to take the next objective in priority order.  What the AI decides to do on the way is up to the regular AI routines.  If they spot enemy (or with some AI mods, informed by nearby groups) they will do whatever the standard AI would do, including potentially going outside the TAOR or into blacklisted areas.

Recruited units won't be virtualised unless you run a script on them.  You can do this manually using the ALiVE admin menu in game or by running the script in the recruitment code (see our wiki script snippets page for examples of how to spawn and virtualise units).

Once the AI has taken control of an objective, they will send out clearance patrols in the vicinity of the area, so you should still see some movement.

• Like 1