ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Currently, persistence only works if you have an account and dedicated server registered to the War Room. Don't worry though, it's really easy to set up. I'm about as tech-ignorant as they come and I set one up just fine. :)

I use the community TADST tool to host from my own PC which you can find on Armaholic or in the server and administration sub forum here.

This link gives you step by step instructions for getting TADST setup and ready for ALiVE persistence: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ALiVE_Data

Currently, persistence only works if you have an account and dedicated server registered to the War Room. Don't worry though, it's really easy to set up. I'm about as tech-ignorant as they come and I set one up just fine. :)

I use the community TADST tool to host from my own PC which you can find on Armaholic or in the server and administration sub forum here.

This link gives you step by step instructions for getting TADST setup and ready for ALiVE persistence: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ALiVE_Data

Thanks, im getting the hang of it i think.

How does saving and loading work? Im obviously not gonna keep the dedicated server running on my PC constantly, so does it save automatically? Do I need to do anything special in game?

Thanks, im getting the hang of it i think.

How does saving and loading work? Im obviously not gonna keep the dedicated server running on my PC constantly, so does it save automatically? Do I need to do anything special in game?

Sign in as admin to your server and use the ALiVE Server Save And Exit Button to close the server instead of the vanilla abort button.

Once you get everything set up with the server and war room, you're going to need to do a few things within your mission, when you join the server, and when you save.

First, the mission itself needs to have persistence enabled everywhere it's an option. This includes also having the data module placed. Look very closely at every module and if there's an option to save something, such as in the CQB module and the Military Commander module and a bunch of others, put it to yes.

Then, in TADST itself, set yourself an admin password. Only admins can save a mission. So when you login to play, type / to open the console.

Then type #login yourpassword and click enter to login as the administrator.

When you're done playing, have everyone that isn't the admin (if you're playing with friends) press escape and and click player exit. Once they are done with that, the server admin saves the mission progress by pressing escape and selecting "server save and exit." Once you do that, an on-screen UI pops up showing you all the data that's saving. Once it's done you exit the mission and go ahead and close your server. When you start it up again, the mission will load where you left off! It's pretty great.

Persistence is tied to the mission name, so as long as you don't change it, assuming everything is setup right, your progress will persist. If you want to start the mission over, change the name of the mission PBO.

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.2

lCgYsqS.png?1

Compositions, Civilians, Abort Button and The Factionator/Orbatterer/Orbatron
If you have ever wanted to make your own custom faction config but been scared by the complexities of CfgFactions, or tweak unit loadouts and groups configurations to remove all those pesky UGL units but didn't know where to begin, then you'll love this. SpyderBlack has really pulled it out of the bag and done some amazing work. The ALiVE Order of Battle Creator, also known as the Orbatterer, Orbatron or Factionator (we're struggling for catchy names) is a fully in-game graphical tool for creating and editing unit, group and faction configs, which can then be exported and used in missions or packed into pbo files as addon override. You need @ALiVE to use the tool but once exported, your faction override config can be used standalone (though obviously you'll need the original addons). Full instructions for how to use this new tool are on our wiki.

Meanwhile Tupolov has been adding lots of new toys. With massive thanks to lsd/2600k, we have integrated his entire collection of ZEC and ZECCUP compositions into ALiVE. They will be used by Mil Placement modules as well as random camps and are fully supported by the Custom Objectives module. In addition, compositions can now be faction specific. Don't forget that we recently added support for mission level compositions as well. Of course you can also just place these amazing compositions in your mission, making ALiVE a one stop shop for mission making. You no longer need to use ZEC if you are also using ALiVE (we will keep ALiVE sync'd to the ZEC mod).  Note that the comps that use Apex and CUP stuff are in the optional folder so you'll need to drag them into your main @ALiVE folder to use them.

You will find 2 new tasks in the C2ISTAR module, also thanks to Tup. Combat Search and Rescue has you scrambling to find and rescue a downed heli crew before they get overrun by the enemy. Hostage Rescue is a race against time to remove a captured agent from the grips of the dastardly bad guys. Feel free to submit ideas on github or better yet, make your own tasks and submit them via a Pull Request!

Finally, we had a bunch of people that didn't like how ALiVE overrode the vanilla ABORT button.  Well we've figured out a fix for that at last, so for those of you that had push back from clan members due to this, do please let them know!

Thanks to everyone for feedback both here and on our forum!

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com

Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Join the War Room Now!

Release Highlights

• New! ALiVE ORBAT Creator
  • Added 2 new tasks - CSAR and Hostage Rescue
  • Fixed civ spawns on Tanoa (and other maps)
  • Added support for Taviana A3 (thanks to KuroNeko87 for the index)
  • Integrated ZEC and ZECCUP compositions into ALiVE (massive thanks to lsd/2600k!)
  • Fixed Mission Abort button override
  • Add diag_activeScripts to perf monitor (that's for you, Dwarden!)

See full commit history on Github

More Maps?
The momentum is really building with the indexing tools and we are cracking through the backlog. Instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found on our wiki

Known Issues & Support
Existing bugs are listed on Github here. Feel free to submit bugs (with repros) or discuss any issues or ideas on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux- dedi-server

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
We may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The
ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 11

First

--------

For the ORBAT Creator:

Here is a very simple mod template that is referenced by the wiki: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/utils/tools/%40ModAutogen.rar

And the wiki section itself: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ORBAT_Tool

This is subject to change as the ORBAT Creator evolves through development.

• Like 3

Thanks for this.  It definitely opens up the doors of possibilities to those of us that enjoy faction mods (or total conversion ones like Operation Trebuchet) but had no idea what we were doing with the configs.

Woo!  Will check that all out asafp.  I just unzipped the RC to look at it, and you guys go ahead and drop the Update. 

I'll get my crew of miscreants on it and see if they can find any broken-ness.

So I got my server synced up with war room successfuly

But how long is this supposed to take to save? It says "Please wait, saving" or something and its been 10 minutes now. Is there supposed to be a "save successful" confirmation?

So I got my server synced up with war room successfuly

But how long is this supposed to take to save? It says "Please wait, saving" or something and its been 10 minutes now. Is there supposed to be a "save successful" confirmation?

Yes, there will be a confirmation.  Depending on how many assets you have in the mission, how many profiles you have etc... it can take a while.  Big missions have taken me a while to save. 

I will Alt-Tab and go surf the web while the mission saves usually.

For those who are interested to see what the ORBATRON can do....

I've been using it for a few weeks now.

I created 2 Orders of Battle for my favorite British Mods.  It allowed me to put all of my favorite Brit stuff under one faction in ALiVE.  So I can have 3CB Infantry and Jackals supported by CUP Wolfhounds, Warriors, Bulldogs, etc.  I can have supplies and Ammo brought in by Beazly's MAN trucks, etc.  It's a massive help in building ALiVE missions and creating more well rounded forces for campaigns.

British Army Desert Faction (Desert Uniforms, Desert Vehicles) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8iD_7EZwkBhbWRvSkYwaXpkUzA

Mods Needed to run this faction:

3CB Vehicles

3CB Weapons

3CB Units

3CB Equipment

Burnes Foxhound

Burnes Panther

Burnes Husky

CUP (Units/Weapons/Vehicles)

Beazly's MAN Truck Retextures

British Army MTP Faction (MTP Uniforms, Woodland Vehicles) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8iD_7EZwkBhZmpBQXR4RU12TEU

Mods needed to run this faction:

3CB Vehicles

3CB Weapons

3CB Units

3CB Equipment

Burnes Foxhound

Burnes Husky

CUP (Units/Weapons/Vehicles)

Beazly's MAN Truck Retextures

These factions will work in Zeus as well.

• Like 4

I asked on Reddit, but I figured I might get a better result if I asked here- I've made a custom INDEP faction, which seem to spawn fine, except for the Vehicle crew- I have a 'Crewman' unit under men, and tried to select him as armored vehicle crew with the editing of the vehicles (where you pick camo/ crew) but it seems like ALiVE spawns him in as a regular lone infantry unit rather than inside vehicles- Vehicles are crewed by default AAF crew members instead of the custom ones. Also Tiger up there mentioned his unit's having zeus support- is that an option you need to tick anywhere (or something more complex than that) , as mine are not able to be placed/ edited by Zeus. 

You have to input all your unit classnames into the CfgPatches file to get your units into Zeus. 

I am having some issues with Crew not spawning correctly in certain instances, like GunCrew for RHS ZU23s.  

So, under 

class CfgPatches {
    class testMod_test {
        units[] = {};
"individualsoldier1"
"individualsoldier2"

or is it for 'group1' , or a mix of both?

Lovely update!

I'm trying to find a complete list of all the available ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks, especially now with the added CSAR mission which sounds frikkin' fun. Is there an easy way to get all available mission types?

@Bamse I would assume the wiki has been updated to the latest types.

ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["MilAssault","MilDefence","CivAssault","Assassination","TransportInsertion","DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","SabotageBuilding","InsurgencyPatrol","InsurgencyDestroyAssets"];

Found at the bottom of this page http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Custom_Blacklists

I checked that one just before posting, but none of the task sounds CSAR-related to me and that page in particular hasn't been updated since May 5th.

Especially with the description of the new mission types in the new readme;

[MIL_C2ISTAR] Added hostage rescue and CSAR missions to tasks framework along with updates to helper functions

Lovely update!

I'm trying to find a complete list of all the available ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks, especially now with the added CSAR mission which sounds frikkin' fun. Is there an easy way to get all available mission types?

I believe CSAR is simply "CSAR" and Hostage Rescue is "Rescue".

• Like 1

So, under 

class CfgPatches {

class testMod_test {

units[] = {};

"individualsoldier1"

"individualsoldier2"

or is it for 'group1' , or a mix of both?

units[] = { "unit1" , "unit2" };

Using the Wiki found here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ORBAT_Toolwill give you all the info you need about Orbatron for putting a Faction together. 
It seems as if they forgot to ad in the @test_mod folder that was in the Github RC for us to test it with.

On the ALiVE OS GitHub page, here: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/utils/tools/%40ModAutogen.rarYou can get the ModAutoGen tool that has the @Test folder with the autogen, cfgpatches and other file you need to complete making a new faction with.
Keep in mind you will also need a Tool that can pack and unpack PBO's with, such as one of the ARMA 3 tools, or PBO Manager.

• Like 2