ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Spyder was wondering if the civ interaction mod (spyder) could be updated so you don't have to manually write every location name to get the ambiance working ?? Not to sure if it is working at all tbh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, please direct any further questions regarding the mod to https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186769-spyder-addons/

But while I have a post I'll put the answer here, you don't need to manually write the locations. If you do not know what the "Locations" field means then leave it as the default value. All you need to do is fill out the TAOR marker field or leave it blank to have it default to the entire map.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q06zr2t4rqgmbvl/AACQBSqdWxfnHATsgED7Qi3la?dl=0

Ok, here is another ORBAT I created.   

Faction: British Army Desert Variant

Faction name: British_Desert

Mods Used:

3CB Equipment

3CB Units

3CB Weapons

3CB Vehicles

CUP

Burnes Foxhound

Burnes Panther

Burnes Husky

Beazley's MAN Truck Retextures

3CB Infantry/Vehicles augmented by CUP Warriors, Bulldogs, Mastiffs, Wolfhounds, Ridgebacks, Harrier Fighters, Chinooks, Land Rovers  as well as Burnes Foxhounds, Panthers, and Huskys.  

Also have motorized Troop units and Supply Vehicles using Beazley's MAN Trucks.

Works beautifully with ALiVE.  All Desert Variants of course and Desert camo infantry.  

• Like 2

This orbat is it in game or a out of game config thing??

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

In game - just throw down a unit and the ORBAT module in a map and then preview the scenario - it will dump you right into the ORBAT interface...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

I played with ORBAT a bit last night - the potential of this mod is fantastic... Thanks so much one and all !!!

I figured out how to create new factions, new units, and new groups - the one piece I didn't seem to get is once you build a new faction - how do I get the groups I build into it... It seems when I have the new faction selected - I don't have any of the group/unit options available to add to said faction...

I'm specifically working with Unsung Charlie - and on the faction screen - the only faction that appears to have units is the overall Unsung West (unsung_w) or something like that - which includes all western units - all the other smaller Unsung factions won't show any units... All the existing Unsung factions show "incompatible" status with ALiVE hence my need to build new ones...

Regards,

Scott

Is there a estimated release of this?? As I don't want to download the Dev version if the released version is like 1-2 weeks away

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

I played with ORBAT a bit last night - the potential of this mod is fantastic... Thanks so much one and all !!!

I figured out how to create new factions, new units, and new groups - the one piece I didn't seem to get is once you build a new faction - how do I get the groups I build into it... It seems when I have the new faction selected - I don't have any of the group/unit options available to add to said faction...

I'm specifically working with Unsung Charlie - and on the faction screen - the only faction that appears to have units is the overall Unsung West (unsung_w) or something like that - which includes all western units - all the other smaller Unsung factions won't show any units... All the existing Unsung factions show "incompatible" status with ALiVE hence my need to build new ones...

Regards,

Scott

In the group editor, you should be able to select the group category that is incompatible, then iterate through every group inside the category and changing it's category via the "Edit Group" button. Right now it's slightly labor intensive since you can only edit one group at a time, but if time and willpower allow, I would like to make it possible to edit multiple groups at a time in the future

• Like 2

Hi Spyder,

Thanks for the response. I'll see if I can put this new information to good use tonight when I get a chance to try it.

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a estimated release of this?? As I don't want to download the Dev version if the released version is like 1-2 weeks away

We'll release when BIS releases the next drop of Arma 3 - very soon!

• Like 1

What am I saying it will be in my mods folder by the end of the day :)

• Like 2

Guys, thanks for this ORBAT thing. You guys are saints. Saints I tell you!

• Like 2

Although it's not officially released yet, full instructions for the Orbat Tool (Orbatterer, Factionator...I like Orbatron personally) are on our wiki here

Please check the Key Concepts in particular, as this has important points on best practice and constraints around what you can and cannot do.

Worth noting that faction configs built with the tool have no dependency on the ALiVE mod once they've been pbo'd, so you can use them in regular ops too.

• Like 5

So I'm stumbling along with the Orbenator, and I got it working once I replaced Spyders autogen.cpp with my exported data. Really cool to have it all with a smooth ui like this.

I can't get two custom/customized factions running at the same time though. I have placed them in separate folders, and renamed the pbo's but it seems like I'm missing something. Any hints?

Cheers!

So I'm stumbling along with the Orbenator, and I got it working once I replaced Spyders autogen.cpp with my exported data. Really cool to have it all with a smooth ui like this.

I can't get two custom/customized factions running at the same time though. I have placed them in separate folders, and renamed the pbo's but it seems like I'm missing something. Any hints?

Cheers!

HI, I'll have to write further instructions for those who are not accustomed to creating mods

For a new pbo:

1. Copy the existing pbo template folder

2. Rename the newly created folder

3. Open $PBOPREFIX$ -- It will ask you for a program to open it in, choose Notepad

4. replace addons\previousfoldername with addons\newfoldername

5. Open CfgPatches.hpp

6. Change testMod_test to modname_foldername

And you should be good to go to resume normal operation

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

Sorry for catching you guys of guard with a bunch of questions on something you haven't even released yet, much less prepared documentation for. I appreciate all the help!

Edit: Couldn't figure it out. Thanks for your patience.

Is there any way to make enemy positions permanent and not fade out? 

I dont want a cheat obviously, but i would like to know the general areas that are populated. Just so I can plan my insertions without my helicopter getting shot down. 

Just create a marker on each visible piece of intel prior to it's disappearance. Not fading the markers over time would lead to a smothering of the map after awhile.

• Like 1

Just create a marker on each visible piece of intel prior to it's disappearance. Not fading the markers over time would lead to a smothering of the map after awhile.

Yeah i was kinda hoping for a middle ground. LIke very limited approximate locations. 

Yeah i was kinda hoping for a middle ground. LIke very limited approximate locations.

The Intel tablet via the C2ISTAR module might help as well.

Was there any plan on updating the github dev version so we can stress test it prior to release?

I just wrapped up a mission made with it, and I'm experiencing a crash on start that's doesn't exist on the stable release. Been using this build for awhile now and it's the first I've seen a crash like that, so I'm wondering if I discovered a rare bug.

I have some questions regarding war room.

So like I said before, I mainly play single player.

I made a mission and I play it using LAN mode usually. I do not use a dedicated server.

Is it possible to sync it to the war room for persistent saves even though its not a dedicated server? I assume I would have to start hosting it internet instead of lan and just password it to play by myself? 

Do I put my own computers IP address in the server setup page? 

What do I put in the hostname?