ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

First of: Great mod! 

We are using this constantly on our server to keep us busy :)

We have encountered some issues, but not sure if we are doing something wrong, missing a setting or what so here goes:

- Destroying buildings is almost impossible (but i saw that this issue might be related to Tanoa).

- HVT mission. When we arrive at the mission area it is impossible to know whos the target. So we have to sweep the entire area and even then the HVT sometimes get away. Would be nice to know what the target looks like to that maybe a Sniper/Spotter team can finish this.

- Pickup/Insertion, most often the task is cancelled before we even get airborne. When it still is assigned when we get there, no tropps appear when we land. Tried several helicopters. Any more we have to do then just land? Any restrictions on wich helo is needed or something?

- Clear the town. When we are running this task, and when all players are outside the area (maybe after a rearm) the mission comes up as completed? Do that mean the enemy de-spawned or maybe left the area? 

We are a small group that plays together, so not having to build missions with zeus or eden is awesome!

Ive been looking through the previous post, but i might have missed something related to our issues above, sorry about that if thats the case!

Frosties, I spent a good amount of time going one by one through each of the generated tasks and I found that on maps other than Altis or Stratis, about half of them are broken or easily prone to breaking. http://alivemod.com/forum/1676-some-c2istar-questions/12#p12384 Though I'm sure support for Tanoa , as well as the task system itself, will get better over time.

I'm not sure what you're looking to get out of ALiVE, but I personally have way more fun playing persistent insurgency missions. The idea is to patrol, talk to civilians, and gather Intel to locations that either need clearing or destroying. It's excellent and the best mode in Arma 3 IMO. There's also a new-ish feature for Intel to be near dead bodies and it's just great fun all around. If you want any examples for how to put one together, I have some in the user mission area.

You can read about ALiVE Insurgencies here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

I know it's not really a consolation for having a sweet and 100% functioning on-the-fly mission generator, but it offers a lot of depth and I think you'll enjoy it.

• Like 1

I will take a look at your examples. Its the ones linked in the bottom of your signature?

The insurgency part sounds awesome, doesnt have to be a specific "task" that has to be done. My post was just a way to ask if it was us that was doing something wrong or that it in fact was a bit broken from time to time :)

Prophet and Inshallah are examples of insurgencies I've done on Reshmaan Province and Takistan (respectively), while British Steel is an example by AuTigerGrad on Sangin (A2 version). Very soon I'll be releasing one on Diyala which will use the RHS US Army vs ISIS if you think you'd prefer those mods instead.

The Contractor is different. It's a relatively short hostage rescue mission I made on Zargabad, which mainly used ALiVE as a backdrop, and is designed to be completed in one sitting (the above missions, on the other hand, are all designed for long term persistent play).

I think you'll really like the insurgency model! It's really really well done. There's just enough to do to keep you engaged, and it's also open-ended enough so players or units can plan their own course of attack. I love it. :) Making your own is relatively easy as well! The hardest part honestly is just balancing everything and building your bases and placing your respawn points and arsenals and whatnot (etc).

Let me know if you have any questions and have fun with whatever direction you decide!

Hi Froggy,

As promised - just a simple IF3L ALiVE test that I've been having fun with... Load up your troops and advance south to take the town... Supply truck available via Transport Requests... Easy enough to modify for your needs...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p83iicsdypdg0la/SCO_IF3_ALIVE.Staszow.zip?dl=0

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

Your the man Scott! Much appreciated :)

I see it was both brackets and quotes needed to overide the Force factions -some reason couldnt find that info on their site. Gonna have fun playing your mission now anyways -Iron Front, still an unpolished gem

• Like 2

Your the man Scott! Much appreciated :)

I see it was both brackets and quotes needed to overide the Force factions -some reason couldnt find that info on their site. Gonna have fun playing your mission now anyways -Iron Front, still an unpolished gem

Can you give an example of how to do this, I can't get the russians to work with alive. The germans work fine.

The class; LIB_RKKA is not working for me and the units of redforce have a classname that start with LIB_SOV

Should I write "LIB_RKKA" within the Military IA Commander and the military placement modules?

Just realised we've configured our 3CB units to be ALiVE compatible but neglected to ask you guys to add them to your list on the WIKI.

• Like 5

Just realised we've configured our 3CB units to be ALiVE compatible but neglected to ask you guys to add them to your list on the WIKI.

That list hasn't really been updated in forever. SavageCDN needs to get locked back in Spyderblack723's basement for being bad.

• Like 1

Hi Serjames - PM me a link and the faction classname(s) and I'll add them to the wiki.

That list hasn't really been updated in forever. SavageCDN needs to get locked back in Spyderblack723's basement for being bad.

Please no he only feeds me table scraps and there's a weird smell   :wacko:

• Like 3

So I was messing around in the ALiVE dev version last night and used the fantastic new ORBAT creator.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u8xdfd1eeu69xw3/AABtlJrJYdQa0JcWWmwVC9CMa?dl=0

I did this in about 30 min last night.

British Royal Marines-Tropical Faction

I used the 3CB packs as the main base. Infantry, Jackals, Coyotes, Apaches, Merlins, and Wildcats.

Then I added Beazly's MAN Truck Retextures to add MAN trucks to the faction.

Then I added Burnes Foxhound and Burnes Husky.

Finally I added the Harriers, C-130s, Chinooks, Warrior IFVs, Bulldog APCs, and Wolfhound vehicles to the faction from CUP.

The whole thing works beautifully! Created a mission on Tanoa, entered the faction name and voila.....a fully fleshed out British Force spawned in perfectly.

Kudos fellas!

I see myself becoming quite addicted to this feature.

FYI...you can use this faction in current release version of ALiVE as well. The faction will spawn with no issues as long as you have the mods active that were used in the faction. 3cb packs, CUP, Burnes foxhound and husky, Beazly's MAN truck retextures.

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

While I am pretty familiar with the production ALiVE system - what's ORBAT - Order of Battle - I'm assuming - but what doe it do ?

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

While I am pretty familiar with the production ALiVE system - what's ORBAT - Order of Battle - I'm assuming - but what doe it do ?

Regards,

Scott

Essentially, it's a faction creator.

It allows you to combine units, weapons, etc from multiple mods into one faction. It also allows you to create new groupings within one faction (i.e. Naval groups in RHS).

It's not creating a standalone mod or "stealing assets"....it's just a config. You'll still need to be running all the mods you used to create the faction in their original published state.

It's a tremendous help for ALiVE mission makers because it allows us to tailor campaigns to very specific needs. For example....adding a motorized Syndikat group or perhaps giving 3cb troops some heavier vehicles such as Warrior IFVs from CUP.

Very very cool stuff.

• Like 3

Yep.  Currently I'm working on a Pacific Pirates faction utilizing Syndikat troops. 
So far I've just built up new infantry groups under the Pirate name, added some more ground vehicles to give them a bit of depth (ATVs, Technicals, Offroad trucks), and added to/ reorganized naval and air assets.

After getting that working as a proof of concept, I think I'm going to move on to swapping vanilla weapons and equipment with RHS Russian weapons for them.  Maybe add in some heavier assets to represent them finding or stealing gear from elsewhere.

• Like 3

Hi Folks,

OMG - it sounds perfect...

I'll have to give it a shot - I've got all the classnames for Unsung created in config files for DAC - it should allow me to modify for ALiVE pretty easily - looking forward to giving this a try...

Thanks for the heads up !

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Scott

That is indeed what ORBAT stands for in the context of ALIVE. Essentially it's simply the hierarchy of groups that form a military command structure of a particular size (Google will help you finding a proper definition). The ORBAT Creator (codename: Orbatterer) is a tool that allows you to create factions, groups, and units that are immediately compatible with ALiVE.

Cool to see people are already making use of and enjoying it already, the best part about developing is seeing players using new features to benefit productivity or quality of play. Hope to keep seeing all the cool stuff you guys create.

Spyder, do you know if there is any work being done on the issue with Asymmetric play on Tanoa?

Basically, ~80% of the buildings on Tanoa are indestructible.  They have NO destroyed models or states, so you cannot take out Asymmetric HQs, IED factories, or anything else inside one of those buildings.
This makes Asymmetric warfare on Tanoa impossible in ALiVE missions.

Maybe a simple item spawn inside these placements that can be destroyed to satisfy the mission requirements?

• Like 1

There's not much of anything going on right now, everyone is really busy. Any commits can be seen on Github. It's something that will need some solution that will take a decent amount of work and testing, no easy solution in sight as of now.

Spyder was wondering if the civ interaction mod (spyder) could be updated so you don't have to manually write every location name to get the ambiance working ?? Not to sure if it is working at all tbh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk