ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

2 map versions ago, yes, I tested with just required modules and vanilla and the problems were immediately noticeable once ALiVE was added to the map. I decided to build the mission anyway using modded factions, assuming it just needed a reindex. The map then got a reindex, and although the clusterdata errors were fixed (I had assumed this was the problem originally), the map still loads the same way and/or crashes. I have not tested vanilla with the newest version of the map however.

On the topic of civs, I have no problems with Massi's Takistani civs, his Middle Eastern civs, or his African civs. They all spawn just fine on my end (the Africans being the ones I used on N'Ziwasogo).

The missions in my signature all use mas_med_civ (with another coming soon) and they work perfectly.

His African civs work fine for me, I used them in a lot of the ALiVE stuff I was messing with. I can't get anything but CAF Agressors to allow for Middle Eastern Civs. I'm sure its something dumb that I have already removed since making an alive mission as I cut down a fair amount of junk. I don't have much experience with anything that uses that BFG_Africa as a dependency like I was talking about earlier. Ive read a lot of those maps have performance issues and stability issues and also the trees being so bad makes it really hard for me to play on the maps so I just skip over them, even when they look really good. So far, the only map that uses anything jungle like I play on now is Da Krong and Tanoa, everything else uses that old as dirt plugin.

On a side note, since some of the roadblocks have the gate arms I'm curious if the AI can be programmed to be aware of these and let civilians and members of allied factions to pass through? I noticed there was a prop also that was essentially a draw bridge so I was hoping to set it up somewhere and the AI faction controlling it could pull up the bridge when the enemies come up and leave them stranded on the other side to be easily taken out. Probably not possible outside of player interaction or a scripted event, but I figured it was worth an ask.

• Like 1

His African civs work fine for me, I used them in a lot of the ALiVE stuff I was messing with. I can't get anything but CAF Agressors to allow for Middle Eastern Civs. I'm sure its something dumb that I have already removed since making an alive mission as I cut down a fair amount of junk. I don't have much experience with anything that uses that BFG_Africa as a dependency like I was talking about earlier. Ive read a lot of those maps have performance issues and stability issues and also the trees being so bad makes it really hard for me to play on the maps so I just skip over them, even when they look really good. So far, the only map that uses anything jungle like I play on now is Da Krong and Tanoa, everything else uses that old as dirt plugin.

On a side note, since some of the roadblocks have the gate arms I'm curious if the AI can be programmed to be aware of these and let civilians and members of allied factions to pass through? I noticed there was a prop also that was essentially a draw bridge so I was hoping to set it up somewhere and the AI faction controlling it could pull up the bridge when the enemies come up and leave them stranded on the other side to be easily taken out. Probably not possible outside of player interaction or a scripted event, but I figured it was worth an ask.

AI won't even drive through roadblocks if the arm is up, so it's not really possible.

AI won't even drive through roadblocks if the arm is up, so it's not really possible.

xD good to know

Which is kind of hilarious considering the amount of times they'll walk through walls and fences.

• Like 4

Which is kind of hilarious considering the amount of times they'll walk through walls and fences.

If the AI didn't walk through walls and fences, I'd swear they'd never board a vehicle in any of the bases I've built. Let's just keep the secret between us. :)

• Like 1

Can I use more than one MULTISPAWN module in one mission? How can players select where they will spawn?

No.  You'd need to use the BIS Respawn Menu for that.

I was wondering if anyone had any input on this.

I'm making an Assymetric on Diyala. The insurgent faction will be ISIS from Project OPFOR and what's neat is that they have APC's.

So, with Assymetric I realize troops will only get replenished via infantry. What I want to do is have a constant APC presence throughout the campaign, but I don't want to overload mission start with tons of APC's either. I'm thinking 2 or 3 on the battlefield at any given time.

Would there be a way to have ISIS put some of these APC's in "reserve" for them to use at a later time? I find the simulated battles to be so fast that if I were to places few right away they'd probably be gone pretty quickly.

Or let's say, if I give them 6-7 total at the beginning, will they hold back on deploying them all at the same time?

• Like 2

Hi,

I saw on your wiki that Sangin has been indexed, is it the A3 beta version or the arma 2 version does anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

So, one of my group mates built us a Tanoa based Insurgency using Syndikat and FIA-Opfor as the insurgents and CQB troops.  This seems to be working well enough, but we're having an issue with the Insurgency itself.  

It seems that about 80 percent of the buildings on Tanoa are indestructible. ALiVE places Insurgent installations in any building that is typed as civilian, and will place HQs, Recruiting stations and IED factories in these indestructible buildings.

Since destruction of these buildings is required for ALiVE to recognize our COIN efforts, we are not making much headway.
Would it be possible for the ALivE team to maybe place a destructible asset that spawns with the Installations that registers for COIN operations?  Like a certain box or something that must be destroyed to recognize the Installation destruction.

It's the Arma 2 Sagin and it's one of my favorite maps ever.

Yeah mine aswell going back to the good ol days with this map,

My unit cant wait to use this.

I want to make my own mission but I have no idea how to make my own asymmetrical mission. Its so frustrating :(

What I found most useful was grabbing Spyders insurgency mission from http://alivemod.com/forum/1059-mission-templates 

Open that in the editor and play around with it. Once you can see the general setup it's actually really simple to put together a basic Insurgency like that.

Also this https://medium.com/the-creation-of-alive-uprising takes you through a step by step insurgency and explains why the autor chose what they did etc etc 

• Like 2

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to have the Player CAS module start with aircraft airborne for those maps that might not have a suitable runway ?

For the Player CAS and Transport modules - is there a way to assign more than one aircraft to the flight ?

On the Player CAS module - it would be helpful to be able to assign a direction of travel - ingress/egress vector - to minimize danger to friendlies when danger close...

As always - thanks much for all you guys do...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not possible for the first two.  For controlling ingress, move the CAS unit to a loiter point first, then order it to conduct an attack run from there.  The AI can be a bit special sometimes and feels the need to circle around but most of them time I can get it to drop on the first pass.

• Like 1

Hi...

Understand on 1 & 2... Hmm - never thought of that on 3 - let me give that a try... Thanks for your insights and information...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the position of the assymetric AI commander module matter to where the insurgent forces start? If so, is it possible to ad some level of randomisation to the position of the module? Editing the placement radius does not seem to work (the radius value is ignored/removed after mission save).

I'm gonna add this here too (I asked over on the ALiVE forums), mainly because I'm stumped and want to build something this weekend if possible and their forums are pretty dead on the weekends. :)

I'd love some (non-middle east) map suggestions. I'm having a hard time keeping up with what currently works and/or has updated lighting, etc. What are you guys enjoying playing on right now?

Basically, I kind of want to make something with the player side being RHS Russians. But I'm not sure what map to use. I tried Beketov (it's great) but TBH, the amount of fences that maps has are going to be a problem with AI (edit: Marceldev says it's still very enjoyable). Now I'm debating on SMD Sahrani, Bozcaada, Chernerus, Lingor, Bornholm and a few others. Google-fu tells me a lot of the maps had problems with ALiVE very recently and I'd hate to waste any time buiding something just to find it ultimately won't work.

Does anyone have any favorites they've used recently that would make for some fun ALiVE-ops?

Hi not having any luck getting an Iron Front Alive Lite template up and running - grabbed a basic Sample Alive Template and substuted all the overides with:

Blufor:

LIB_WEHRMACHT,SG_STURM,LIB_LUFTWAFFE,LNRD_Luft,LIB_PANZERWAFFE

Redfor:

LIB_RKKA,LIB_USSR_AIRFORCE,LIB_USSR_TANK_TROOPS

but so far i only see Csat troops mosin around. If anyone has a working template id love to grab it

• Like 1

Hi Froggy,

I setup a test IF3L mission last weekend - seemed to work very well... I'm using US (Green) against Germany (Blue) - hah - it's pretty intense and truly ALiVE... It's on the largest Polish map with a small mechanized squad trying to take a city defended by Germans... Nothing polished - just testing... I can send it to you next weekend when I get home if nobody else responds...

One thing I did notice - is fixed wing assets don't seem to get spawned on either side by the placement modules - Both TAOR's included an airfield... I just placed aircraft individually and synced them to the OPCOM which seemed to work...

Another thing I tried - which worked pretty well - IF3L includes preloaded ammo trucks - so instead of using the Player Logistics Module for convoy resupply (which I've had really mixed results with) - I assigned these trucks to a Player Transport Module and it seemed to work as well... Obviously - just use the move button and none of the ones related to flying...

Do you need quotes on those strings - I forget ???

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So I just started using ALiVE and oh god I love it. Even as a rookie mission maker this was great to work with, so I just want to say great job on the documentation and ease-of-use.

Question though. With persistence enabled and the server successfully uplinked and all player data saved, can I edit the .pbo at all? I really just want to remove / disable a single .sqf and am afraid that that might screw over our progress. I made the mistake of running a loadout script every time the player respawns, so saved gear is immediately overwritten upon rejoining the server.

• Like 1