ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Can this be duplicated with only CBA and ALiVE and no other mods or scripts loaded?

Yes sir.

• Like 1

Hey :)

Just got into editing with the alive modules and have a question for someone more experienced.

I use the CUP_O_TK_MILITIA as OPFOR on Takistan, and want them to spawn in certain villages.

So far I have 20 TAOR markers for that faction dashed around the map to create enemy militia areas.

It works OK it seems, but my question is:

Will the opfor Military AI Commander (Set to Assymetric) spread the enemy units evenly between the TAOR markers? How is the force distribution? And will they move away from their TAOR when my AI commander is synced to their placement module (To generate the fighting)?

It may be I have missed something in the alive-wiki....

If you have the answer on top of your head, and the time I apreciate it. 

Thanks!

Assymetic AI Comd will try raid objectives and destroy key infrastructure, though they'll hold the objectives if they can.  Their main effort is roadblocks, IEDs, recruitment centres and bomb factories needed to recruit more insurgent fighters.  Like the regular AI Comd, they will pick high priority objectives which are nearby first.

Question regarding Player Combat Support radio chatter. Although it's not vital in any sense it does add some very lovely immersion with the chat and actual radio chatter going on. When designing a small insurgency mission on Altis, the chatter works perfectly when testing the mission out in single player. When uploading the same exported mission to our dedicated server, starting it and pulling out the tablet and requesting either a pickup or arty no chatter is either visible or audible. So, when you're doing a pickup you need to pull out the tablet a few times (before you get to know the timing) to check if it's looking for smoke, if it saw the smoke and it needs confirmation and so on. Having the chatter visible makes it a bit more streamlined and immersive and since I haven't used ALiVE in ages and just started again, I'm just assuming I'm doing something wrong somewhere :)

Are there any server settings I need to change or is it a module setting somewhere I need to change? Any help is appreciated!

• Like 1

How can I limit which civilian vehicles spawn? I only want offroads to spawn since they fit better into the scenario.

Bamse - should work on dedicated just fine.  It does on mine!  Not sure what's going wrong there.  Will need more testing.

Svarun - you'd have to do that by customising the staticdata at the mission level.  Details are on the wiki or you can ask on our forum.  A number of people are doing similar things with transport helis etc.

• Like 1

Question regarding Player Combat Support radio chatter. Although it's not vital in any sense it does add some very lovely immersion with the chat and actual radio chatter going on. When designing a small insurgency mission on Altis, the chatter works perfectly when testing the mission out in single player. When uploading the same exported mission to our dedicated server, starting it and pulling out the tablet and requesting either a pickup or arty no chatter is either visible or audible. So, when you're doing a pickup you need to pull out the tablet a few times (before you get to know the timing) to check if it's looking for smoke, if it saw the smoke and it needs confirmation and so on. Having the chatter visible makes it a bit more streamlined and immersive and since I haven't used ALiVE in ages and just started again, I'm just assuming I'm doing something wrong somewhere :)

Are there any server settings I need to change or is it a module setting somewhere I need to change? Any help is appreciated!

Make sure radio channels aren't disabled on your server

I had VON disabled on the server. It's an inhouse server and we always use ACRE so just to optimize things we had disableVON=1; in the server config.

Once enabled messages started flowing like blue water in a tampax TV commercial. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

• Like 2

Thanks! I will try it out.

I have another question;

Can ALIVE spawn animals? Like goat herd in Afganistan or something along those lines? 

Thanks! I will try it out.

I have another question;

Can ALIVE spawn animals? Like goat herd in Afganistan or something along those lines?

Spyderaddons, which is designed to run with alive can do that... And lots of other cool stuff.

Gesendet von meinem XT1053 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm trying out ALiVE and is testing out the CQB module, just to see it's capability. I'm having a bit of an issue with this module, but whether or not it's a bug, can't be done or just me not doing it right, I don't know.

Basically what I want to do, is populate civilian points with OPF_F and strategic points with BLU_F, and that's it.

Map: Stratis

I've placed the ALiVE (Required) module as is (no changes to it).

Then I placed two CQB modules:

Debug is enabled in both.

One is type Civilian, the other is Strategic.

Both is Complete map.

Placement is Static also on both.

One is faction OPF_F (civilian), the other BLU_F (strategic).

Then I run the mission.

What I see is this: Sometimes BLU_F spawn on civilian points (they shouldn't as they are set for strategic), and vice versa. Mostly they spawn as expected, but there is always some points that are not occupied by the right faction.

As I jump around the map, when I go back to a previous visited spot, the unit spawned at the point, might have changed faction. I can then jump out, so the unit's despawn and right back in a few seconds later, and it seems kind of random what will spawn in.

I know this is a very simple setup and that normally a setup will be more complex, but I'm just testing the modules in as simple a mission as possible to experiment with them.

Anyway, am I missing something?

Shouldn't it be possible to place more than one CQB module and have them handle different setups? It's seems as if they get mixed up.

You're right, it should.  Could be a bug.  I'll check it out and if so raise a bug report for Highhead to look at.

• Like 1

Friznit, speaking of CQB.

If one module is synced to an Assymetric commander, is the "dominant" option designed to allow the non-Assymetric/non-synced side to spawn when they hold an area?

I know it does when not synced to anything. Does syncing it to the AI commander make the dominant setting null, and therefore a second one should be used for the non-assymetric side?

Hi im having issue with mahkno maps Dariyah and Nziwasogo almost. I place only the 2 civilian modules, population and civilian, with required, player options and Virtual AI. And never spawn civilians, i check with arma 3 factions and this is not the problems. 

Thanks!!

There was an issue that has been fixed in dev that impacted civs on some maps.

Sanchez_ESUS, will you let me know how your N'Ziwasogo mission ends up working out? Anytime I add ALiVE modules to the map, there's I'd say about a 25%-50% chance my computer crashes when clicking play in the SP editor. And when it doesn't crash, when the mission starts - even with very few or almost zero objectives - the load screen flickers and pauses several times and feels like it's going to crash (but it doesn't).

Once startup finishes, the map plays normally. It's very strange. Without ALiVE the map is fine. But once I add the required modules it starts to freak out. I've tried everything including removing CQB, limiting civs, staying below the warning size for objectives, etc and it still crashes on startup a lot.

I actually don't have any issues spawning civs on N'Ziwasogo but maybe you used some combination of settings that recreates the bug?

I was having a similar issue with making ALIVE missions on certain maps a bit ago. I haven't been messing with ALIVE much after my Internet started acting up and can't put anything on my server (ALIVE is kinda pointless to play without persistence). I remember it being a couple of maps that required that like brg_Africa or whatever. That adds the jungle style trees and stuff (up until Tanoa, the only way to get a jungle style setting). I deleted almost all of my maps I downloaded since I was getting tons of crashes when using them in the editor and every map required a combination of AiA, CUP and A3MP so I just started narrowing down my list of terrains I'd hold onto (my comp was also super dirty and I think that had a decent amount to do with it. Cpu had almost no thermal paste on it when I cleaned it all out last week) so I can't really pull up a list of maps I know where causing issues, unfortunately. I chalked it up to my comp and maybe ALIVE just being too much on that said map. I don't crash like at all now that I haven't been messing with ALIVE. It might just be all the data it's dealing with.

As for the civ spawn issues, I was having tons of trouble with civs and ALIVE except for the CAF Aggressors civ factions and the vanilla civ factions. It would get so weird that I'd place civ modules with massi's civ units and then one or both sides would magically lose their groupings and opcom can't find groups for the factions lol. When using CUP or massi civ factions the civs spawn in as like grenadier, team leader, corpsman, etc. Which leads me to believe massi and CUP civ factions aren't quite listed right in their mods and come in incorrectly.

Sanchez_ESUS, will you let me know how your N'Ziwasogo mission ends up working out? 

Check your Nziwasogo version and be sure you have latest. Im editing now at this map and i only have civilian spawn problem. 

I have the latest. Nothing has changed. It's been this way for me since two map updates ago.

The only other issue I have is that AI only shout out two digits in relation to grid. Example "Enemy spotted, grid 22" when it should be something like 6+ digits I think. Civs seem to be working for me though. Strange.

I have the latest. Nothing has changed. It's been this way for me since two map updates ago.

The only other issue I have is that AI only shout out two digits in relation to grid. Example "Enemy spotted, grid 22" when it should be something like 6+ digits I think. Civs seem to be working for me though. Strange.

I'm sure you have, knowing you; but have you been able to reproduce this with just ALiVE and CBA and the map? Could be some random mod conflict, Ive run into many with this game that cause the most random conflicts. I'd even be willing to bet my Civ's from Massi and CUP spawning as soilder classes is related to some random mod conflict as well that I haven't been able to find and I haven't tried it with a barebones to see if it was something else conflicting, just kinda gave up on using them hah

2 map versions ago, yes, I tested with just required modules and vanilla and the problems were immediately noticeable once ALiVE was added to the map. I decided to build the mission anyway using modded factions, assuming it just needed a reindex. The map then got a reindex, and although the clusterdata errors were fixed (I had assumed this was the problem originally), the map still loads the same way and/or crashes. I have not tested vanilla with the newest version of the map however.

On the topic of civs, I have no problems with Massi's Takistani civs, his Middle Eastern civs, or his African civs. They all spawn just fine on my end (the Africans being the ones I used on N'Ziwasogo).

The missions in my signature all use mas_med_civ (with another coming soon) and they work perfectly.