ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

anyone can confirm this?

there is big difference of spawning groups of units/armor between the factions "OPF_T_F" and "BLU_T_F" from the module military AI commander

and military placement modules

addons used:

cba and alive

map:

tanoa

BLUFOR spawns no motorized/mechanical nor armor groups

meantime OPFOR spawns freaking lot of them

Can you try adding some armored/mechanized/motorized groups to the module overrides and see if it's just the random 'luck of the draw?'

Put everything at 0 on the civ/mil obj module except any number you fancy in the armored/mechanized/motorized section. First lets make sure the units are spawning in general (which I'd assume they are because they were config'd by BIS).

Hi Folks,

Yeah - the waypoints would be a big help with air assets as well - many times when I don't have time to micromanage the flight - the air assets will fly thought the hottest point on the map for AA - and get shot down...

So - I deleted the the Military Logistics for OPFOR and substantially enhanced their initial numbers - so it's a bit better... It's strange though - my BLUFOR Military Logistics helicopters still don't land and I'm based at an airport in "static" mode...

The overall mission is supposed to be a bit like the US invasion of Grenada...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you mean the logistics don't land? Do they appear but just hover above the objective forever and ever?

In SP mode in the editor, press the + key and speed up the time and see if this is consistent behavior for you. Make sure to give it a decent amount of time. At some point they should be dropping off replacements/resupply. I know it works because of that mess with the logistics choppers colliding after dropping off guys yesterday. :)

Hi Hero,

Yep - that's what I'm seeing with both OPFOR and BLUFOR - they hover for 10 minutes or so - then fly off... Now my OPFOR didn't have an airfield so I figured that might be the issue - but BLUFOR is headquartered at a grass runway on one of the smaller Tanoa Islands... Strange... I'll test it some more when I get some time...

Regards,

Scott

Lately my support transport helicopter pilots has been acting a little weird.

They seem to be going full speed no matter what they are doing, resulting in some weird racetrack behaviour and overshooting waypoints.

Anyone else seeing this?

They seem to be going full speed no matter what they are doing, resulting in some weird racetrack behaviour and overshooting waypoints.

Anyone else seeing this?

No. What helicopter and what mods?

The only thing I've seen is that on Tanoa, you can consider your destination marker more of a suggestion rather than the exact spot they'll stop (which is frustrating when you want to use Duda's rappelling and need them to stop at an exact location). I think there must be some kind of fail-safe in place that prevents them from landing onto tress and buildings coming into play here, but that can lead to moments where the pilot doesn't drop down far enough and wants me to rappel into the ocean. My theory about the fail-safe is just a guess though.

But all in all, especially on non-Tanoa maps, I haven't seen anything unusual.

RHS latest Blackhawks. Their Littlebirds have done it once or twice but the UH-60 does it almost all the time.

Yeah, I know it's not on the spot, but usually close enough. But when they speed out like mine are it's really far off.

They go full speed, so when they are circling they do it Nascar style.

anyone can confirm this?

there is big difference of spawning groups of units/armor between the factions "OPF_T_F" and "BLU_T_F" from the module military AI commander

and military placement modules

addons used:

cba and alive

map:

tanoa

BLUFOR spawns no motorized/mechanical nor armor groups

meantime OPFOR spawns freaking lot of them

We're balancing out the new APEX factions in the next release.

Hi Hero,

Yep - that's what I'm seeing with both OPFOR and BLUFOR - they hover for 10 minutes or so - then fly off... Now my OPFOR didn't have an airfield so I figured that might be the issue - but BLUFOR is headquartered at a grass runway on one of the smaller Tanoa Islands... Strange... I'll test it some more when I get some time...

Regards,

Scott

There's a bug currently with slingloading that can cause confusion for pilots. RTB them and try again.

We're balancing out the new APEX factions in the next release.

Any chance you can work up some vehicle groups for Syndikat for next patch? Right now using them as a faction is semi-pointless if they have no vehicles available for their use at all.

Anyone else seeing this?

Ok. I took a closer look at this and 5 out of the 6 attempts I made saw the transport chopper overshoot his waypoint. In 4 of the attempts he recovered on his own, and backtracked and landed where I asked him to.

In the other, he got shot down because he veered into enemy territory and got too close to some enemy RPG's. So 5 out of 6 times, he overshot the waypoint because as you suggested, he was going way too fast.

This is odd, because the other day I spent some time playing a vanilla mission on Tanoa and didn't see this behavior; I was messing around with vanilla plus Duda's rappelling mods. Tonight I was using modded units and saw it consistently, but I wasn't specifically looking for an issue like this on my Tanoa test so who knows.

I'll try to take a look with another vanilla mission to see if I can repro while paying closer attention. You are correct. This overshooting waypoints is definitely there and is new. Thanks for the headsup.

• Like 1

There's a bug currently with slingloading that can cause confusion for pilots. RTB them and try again.

Hi Tupolov,

The helicopters I mentioned were spawned by the Military Logistics module - I don't think I have any control over them...

Regards,

Scott

Having some issues with the APEX factions and ALiVE registering them. If I'm not playing BLUFOR ALiVE tends to give me a message saying it doesnt recognize the factions groupings and to make sure they are grouped like Vanilla (Which I find funny, as it is a vanilla faction lol). But if I do play as BLUFOR and use them, I get IND's Syndicate spawning in but the Police faction will spawn them at their spawn locations but then tells me that TACOM says OPCOM has no groups to use for the mission and then they both go silent and the Gen's just kinda sit around the areas they spawn in refusing to use the objective placements I put down. Syndicate seems to be utilizing them fine, as they grow and move around place new factories, caches, etc. For a long time I couldn't get Syndicate to work either but then it just kinda did all of the sudden and so did Gen when I played BLUFOR factions but I can't figure out why the chain of command can't find the Gen soldiers to send them out on their missions.

Did anybody ran some test with ACEx HC module & Alive HC virtualisation combined?

Did anybody ran some test with ACEx HC module & Alive HC virtualisation combined?

ALiVE already has it's own HC balancing function. You can enable it in the ALiVE (Required) module

ALiVE already has it's own HC balancing function. You can enable it in the ALiVE (Required) module

Yeah I know. But it takes care of Alive Generated units only right?. In our group we often mix some manually spawned unit that Alive doesnt control.

Yeah I know. But it takes care of Alive Generated units only right?. In our group we often mix some manually spawned unit that Alive doesnt control.

It works for all units

Alright guys, just started to really have a go at editing with alive. This is probably a stupid question but i'd rather be sure before i start messing around. Was just wandering if i want to place units, objects, tasks etc in specific places it's not going to cause problems or conflicts is it? I'm assuming it won't but again, i'd rather be sure.

Edit: I meant placing things inside TAOR markers.

Thanks in advance. And thank you for this amazing mod, makes life for people like me who know nothing about scripting etc when making missions alot easier

Rob

Alright guys, just started to really have a go at editing with alive. This is probably a stupid question but i'd rather be sure before i start messing around. Was just wandering if i want to place units, objects, tasks etc in specific places it's not going to cause problems or conflicts is it? I'm assuming it won't but again, i'd rather be sure.

Edit: I meant placing things inside TAOR markers

Thanks in advance

Rob

Try it and find out!  :)

Seriously, it's fine.

Ok. I took a closer look at this and 5 out of the 6 attempts I made saw the transport chopper overshoot his waypoint. In 4 of the attempts he recovered on his own, and backtracked and landed where I asked him to.

In the other, he got shot down because he veered into enemy territory and got too close to some enemy RPG's. So 5 out of 6 times, he overshot the waypoint because as you suggested, he was going way too fast.

This is odd, because the other day I spent some time playing a vanilla mission on Tanoa and didn't see this behavior; I was messing around with vanilla plus Duda's rappelling mods. Tonight I was using modded units and saw it consistently, but I wasn't specifically looking for an issue like this on my Tanoa test so who knows.

I'll try to take a look with another vanilla mission to see if I can repro while paying closer attention. You are correct. This overshooting waypoints is definitely there and is new. Thanks for the headsup.

I think I've found a way to deliberately produce the weird speeding behavior.

1. Get in transport

2. Have transport drop you off in a hot zone.

3. Send transport RTB.

4. ???

5. Transport is goes super high speed and only flies in circles around what it's supposed to do.

Edit: Happens with both RHS and vanilla helicopters.

Edit: I meant placing things inside TAOR markers.

Thanks in advance. And thank you for this amazing mod, makes life for people like me who know nothing about scripting etc when making missions alot easier

Rob

Nope you should be conflict free! Although depending on where you place your objects there is always a slight chance that units will spawn on top of them (but unlikely unless you put them in a very dense spawning zone. Also make sure that your Virtual AI System module is set to "Only Virtualize synced units". This will ensure that your manually placed objects and units will not be profiled. 

I think I've found a way to deliberately produce the weird speeding behavior.

1. Get in transport

2. Have transport drop you off in a hot zone.

3. Send transport RTB.

4. ???

5. Transport is goes super high speed and only flies in circles around what it's supposed to do.

Edit: Happens with both RHS and vanilla helicopters.

It might be the "Circle" command that is a bit broken. It seems to lock the helicopters in a high speed turn.

Edit: Same goes for "Pickup".

It only breaks after you send it RTB once, after that all "Circle" and "Pickup" results in full speed circles. Before it's given an RTB command everything seems to work fine, and the helicopter circles slowly, as it always has.

So...

1. Get in transport helicopter.

2. Order helicopter to move/circle/whatever.

3. Order helicopter RTB.

4. Order helicopter to circle/pickup and it will only do full speed circles.