ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

The previous version worked like a charm - one of my favorite maps for all out alive warfare (lots of MP objectives evenly spread out)

Yeah I just came in to edit my post. Lots of people enjoy his maps just fine with ALiVE. But me?

Al Rayak and N'Ziwasogo, even after the reindexing, make my (very good) computer get on its knees and cry. I either crash with out of memory, unable to init DXGI, or don't but my computer becomes unresponsive or with frames in the 1-2 range.

His maps are my inspiration for deleting my profile (soon), actually. So yeah I can't discount that maybe it's something with my computer his maps don't like.

Thank you for the response.

I take it that you will look into this issue?

There have been a few reports of civ spawning issues (not just on Koplic) so yes it is being looked at by the devs.

• Like 1

Is it possible to exclude some types of tasks from the auto-tasking feature? I want to exclude "hold objective" type tasks, but keep everything else as is.

Is it possible to force enemy Air Patrol with ALIVE?

Hi Folks,

Real simple question - what do I need to put in the players initialization to add the laser designator ?

Thanks...

Scott

Hi I would like to know how to make a HQ where you can select the missions like single player does. My idea is to start a player from nothing in a empty HQ. From it start missions, save the weapons, vehicles and ammo I found in that missions, and if it posible, to recluit soldiers. Thx!

Hi Folks,

Real simple question - what do I need to put in the players initialization to add the laser designator ?

Thanks...

Scott

Do it in the editor. Right click on the unit and select Arsenal. Then select a laser designator in the binoculars slot.

That, or add a box to your mission, such as a Supply Crate (NATO). Double click on it. Scroll down and tick the box that says "Arsenal." In game you can then use that box to access the Virtual Arsenal.

I'm finding adding items to units with 1.62 in the editor to be very buggy. For example, I always gear my playable units with laser designator in the editor but right now, it's not sticking most of the time for me. It's a BIS bug. This is why having an Arsenal object in game is a decent backup plan, just incase setting it in the editor fails.

Spyder Addon's Loadout Manager module synced to an object will also add the Arsenal to any object as well if you choose to use that.

• Like 1

Hi Hero,

Thanks for the help - yeah - during testing I was just tired of having to go look for the supply box...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

Thanks...

Scott

this addItem "LaserDesignator"
  • Like 2

Hi Folks,

Thanks Spyder...

=============================================

A few more questions or possibly an issue...

RE: Tanoa - Latest ALiVE and RHS...

I've got an RHS mission setup with OPFOR from Massi... I don't want the OPFOR to have helicopters at all - but - 10 minutes or so into the mission I have around (10) "CSAT" helicopters show up around the location where the OPFOR Military Placement module is located... There shouldn't be any air assets for - let alone CSAT... I'm guessing these are from the Logistics Module ? Is something set wrong and is there a way to prevent this ? I've been through all the modules several times with a fine tooth comb...

Also noted - the Tanoa runways don't seem to work with AI (I've tried a few) - I can't get the RSH A10 to fly CAS missions for the Player Support Module - the plane shows up at the airport but will never take off - I even tried placing the start location on the runway itself... The module works fine if I use a helicopter though - so I believe I am using it properly... In addition - I have friendly Army Chinooks (4) - guessing Logistic Modules again - show up at my airfield after 10 minutes or so and just hover 100 feet off the deck - they never land or drop supplies... All my BLUFOR factions are defined as USMC - so they shouldn't be using Army Chinooks either...

Anyway - just might be a limit of the sim or me doing something wrong - mission attached if anyone cares to take a gander...

Thanks - appreciate any insights you may have...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/is02u7hn3gc5ryp/SCO_TANOA_CSAT.Tanoa.zip?dl=0

Mods: -mod=@ALiVE;@CAF_AG1.5;@DS_SonicCracks;@mas;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@RHSUSF;Expansion;
-mod=F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@CBA_A3;
-mod=@RHSAFRF;

Regards,
Scott

For the choppers things, it sounds like those are logistics choppers. In the military logistics module synced to the commander for the Massi faction, change the Air Transport Assets setting to Faction Only. Side and Faction will allow CSAT (or NATO) choppers to bring in resupply. This should work assuming the Massi faction doesn't have helicopters.

Though note, that setting isn't quite working properly but will after the next ALiVE update: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/64

Hi Hero,

Yep - I had found that setting and made sure they're both - OPFOR and BLUFOR - are set to "Faction" in both Military Logistics module - the Military Logistic modules are synced to their respective Military AI Commander modules - and the OPFOR has "No" set for the "Allow Planes" and "Allow Helicopters" fields...

It seems that the options in the Military Logistics modules aren't working 100% (caveat - I'm no expert and still could be doing something wrong) ...

Really appreciate the help...

:)

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

Hi Hero,

Negative - I've been messing with this scenario for a while and I had those settings already set before posting - no change...

Regards,
Scott

Ok. I'll have to defer to someone else on this question then. Due to the bug I linked, I haven't spent any time with the function.

Remember, before the ALiVE update, I don't think it was even possible to NOT have helicopters for logistics resupply. Considering I can't make any changes stick, I'll have to wait until the fix is released to investigate further.

And again, I'm saying all this under the assumption what you're seeing is actually from logistics.

Hi Hero,

Oh - right - I did forget that - but these helicopters never land or drop supplies - both BLUFOR and OPFOR - they just hover for a while - then fly off...

Thanks for your input !!!

Regards,

Scott

Hi Hero,

Oh - right - I did forget that - but these helicopters never land or drop supplies - both BLUFOR and OPFOR - they just hover for a while - then fly off...

Thanks for your input !!!

Regards,

Scott

Ok. I see exactly what you're talking about now. And as far as I can tell, this behavior is new. Or at least new to me.

I have a mission going on Diyala. I happened to be nearby an OPFOR Battle Casualty Resupply location, so I hung out. In come what I'm guessing was 7-10 choppers, all flying to an area to drop off new troops.

So they all land on the ground, one by one to drop the guys off. Then fly away, except they are WAY TOO CLOSE to each other and 5 of them collide and explode in a magnificent movie-like fashion.

I can't ever recall BCR logistics choppers ever landing to drop off troops before. They use to kind of fly way up in the sky and paradrop the dudes down. But I can't say with my time with this mod (which to be fair has pretty much been 100% with insurgencies until recently) that I've been physically around for BCR drop-offs that much either so take the whole this "being new" thing with a grain of salt.

Like I said before, setting Air Transport Assets to Faction only doesn't really work now. Anyway, this physically landing on the ground to drop off troops thing is definitely something I hadn't seen before until now.

Hi Hero,

LOL - yep - ditto - many massive collisions in the swarm...

I noted your posts on that mission aw well - - I'll download that one and try it too - - my time is somewhat limited and only on the weekends to mess with Arma - so I haven't tried yours yet due to the downloads - but I'm looking forward to trying them when I get a chance and get everything downloaded...

Oh - quick side note - you can get the MKV patrol boat included with RHS to work with the Player Transport module - it's a bit of a kludge as the boat seems to take some time to determine a path - but - it seems to find its way around land masses eventually - you just need to keep the drop off/pick up point a bit offshore as if seems incapable of backing up under ALiVE control and will run aground if you force it too close... I think it would help if we could enter multiple waypoints on the tablet... It would be great if ALiVE could somehow improve boat control...

Anyway - having a blast with ALiVE...

Thanks for taking the time to help me...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah the colliding is no good. My one observation is hardly scientific though. :)

It definitely would probably be more "realistic" for them to land and drop the guys off, but they either need to spread out or (probably better) follow each other at greater distances.

Again, with the one time I saw it. I'd imagine if you were nowhere near and it was virtualized they probably wouldn't crash like that but again, I don't know. This entire dropping foot solders physically down on the ground is something I hadn't seen before until now.

EDIT: Multiple waypoints for transport is a good idea. I'll add a request. :)

Though I've never tried holding left control to see if multiple waypoint is possible. I should probably do that before cluttering up their Dev Github.

• Like 1