ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

The guy doing the compat faction mappings for them is currently waiting for the next RHS update, due to some important issues like duplicate group classes.

Thanks for the info.  Would you happen to have the Syndikat faction name for spawning in Alive?  I can sub them for now in a Tanoa mission pretty easily.

• Like 1

All pro guys, looking forward to checking things out again in detail (been a little while here locally)! Many thanks for the investment of time in all regards, much appreciated as always. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Thanks for the info.  Would you happen to have the Syndikat faction name for spawning in Alive?  I can sub them for now in a Tanoa mission pretty easily.

IND_C_F

:)

New faction classnames

--

NATO (Pacific) - BLU_T_F
NATO (CTRG) - BLU_CTRG_F

CSAT (Pacific) - OPF_T_F

Syndikat - IND_C_F
  • Like 2

Awesome.

Heads up the VTOL seem to be exploding all the hangars they're supposed to be housed in tanoa

What is the civ class name? 

IND_C_F

:)

New faction classnames

--

NATO (Pacific) - BLU_T_F
NATO (CTRG) - BLU_CTRG_F

CSAT (Pacific) - OPF_T_F

Syndikat - IND_C_F

What is the civ class name? 

There is no civ classname, BIS lumps all of their civilians in a single faction - CIV_F. I'll edit this post with a lightweight mod tomorrow that separates the vanilla civilians into factions by region.

Edit: Here it is, Expanded Vanilla Factions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aa9um7rwmu833nn/Expanded%20Vanilla%20Factions.zip?dl=0

Enables the use of:

Civilians (European) - CIV_F_EUROPE

Civilians (African) - CIV_F_AFRICA

Civilians (Asian) - CIV_F_ASIA

Civilians (Tanoan) - CIV_F_TANOA

FIA (Indpendant) - IND_G_F

• Like 1

I wish this would work with dev build, I'm debating whether to drop off devbuild for now seeing as APEX has been released.

• Like 1

Awesome.

Heads up the VTOL seem to be exploding all the hangars they're supposed to be housed in tanoa

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I think that's an issue with any map with covered hangars - I always test on Stratis and many aircraft blow up when ALiVE places them in hangars...

Yep - also concur - best mod ever - thanks so much for your blood, sweat, and tears. Job well done and much appreciated...

OBTW - whomever did that graphic for your logo - it's one of the best I've ever seen - talented guys you have there...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ForcePool Counter?  I didn't see anything about that...  I assume it does what it sounds like?  Shows the current numbers for each force to see the current enemy and friendly numbers?

Yep. I must be conflating a WIP feature/request with actual ALiVE content. Or maybe not.

Either way, I look forward to it. I find comfort in eventually knowing how many profiles are left in the off chance, someday, I eventually "beat" a mission and don't just roam around an empty map looking for enemies when none are left. Arma 6 will be out by then (I'm not a particular "good" player), but I'll find comfort in it nonetheless. :)

• Like 1

Marceldev, I'm assuming you mean it shows up in the radio chatter and will appear automatically? I'm hoping to be able to see both sides if possible. Is there anyway to do that currently?

Where do I get to see it (and can I see it for both sides)?

Just your side, should be in the player resupply tablet somewhere

• Like 1

IND_C_F[/size]

:)[/size]

New faction classnames

--

NATO (Pacific) - BLU_T_F

NATO (CTRG) - BLU_CTRG_F

CSAT (Pacific) - OPF_T_F

Syndikat - IND_C_F

What is NATO CTRG? Are they special forces? Man I hope so.

Does anyone know what groups they have defined for ALiVE? Are they just infantry or do they have motorized/mechanized/Armored/etc groups?

What is NATO CTRG? Are they special forces? Man I hope so.

Does anyone know what groups they have defined for ALiVE? Are they just infantry or do they have motorized/mechanized/Armored/etc groups?

I suppose you don't have APEX then? ^^

Yes, CTRG is the new special forces faction!

• Like 1

I suppose you don't have APEX then? ^^

Yes, CTRG is the new special forces faction!

I do! I just for some reason thought we only got the new pacific NATO faction! Well I hope they look cool. :)

I just had an idea for replacing my USSOCOM faction with a vanilla faction to cut out on mods. Then I just read we have these mystery (to me) units and now I'm hoping they'll be a suitable replacement. And hopefully not look funny in Iraq (and double cool if they have groups defined other than infantry). :)

Though I will say I kind of dig the new pacific units. Albeit they're a little too minty green for a desert map lol.

I do! I just for some reason thought we only got the new pacific NATO faction! Well I hope they look cool. :)

I just had an idea for replacing my USSOCOM faction with a vanilla faction to cut out on mods. Then I just read we have these mystery (to me) units and now I'm hoping they'll be a suitable replacement. And hopefully not look funny in Iraq (and double cool if they have groups defined other than infantry). :)

Arma 3 Apex Wallpaper: http://www.shooter-szene.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Arma-3-Apex_Titelbild_1920x1080-1920x1080.jpg

Thats how they look!

I really love them (as opposed to the Viper (CSAT Special forces))

• Like 1

Sexy. :)

I'll have to see how awful they look on sand though. But yeah, I guess BIS did an outstanding job this time with NATO. I kind of even like the original NATO too, but all in all they're a bit bland. These are not.

And yeah, I agree on the Viper units. Though I probably would have loved them when I was 11.

You can view the groups they have configured for a faction by switching to group placement mode in EDEN and opening the CTRG faction