ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Does anybody know whether Tanoa is already indexed?

Check the third post above yours. :)

hi

quick question ,how do i get editor placed Arty (i.e  three D30) to act as a battery  like the module does it ?

thx

Question. Do you guys plan on developing some system to handle the new Apex Map? Mainly due to the island hopping nature of the map itself. 

• Like 1

Firstly I apologise if this has already been reported on here but I did a quick search and saw nothing on here or on github.

So I am getting massive framerate drops with ALiVE when holding down a key.

So for example, in the editor, standing around doing nothing I'm getting 60 FPS, if I hold down a key FPS drops to 31 if I hold down a second key FPS drops down to 17, 3rd key 12FPS and so on.

Using stable branch with latest ALiVE & CBA

Any ideas?

EDIT: Realised there was something I hadn't tried which was a shiny new Arma profile. So I made a new one and it solved the problem. So yeah.

Is it possible to set the auto tasking to ignore the player's current position? Would be nice to have the ability to set it as such, so new objectives don't always spawn within a kilometer or so on larger maps.

Question. Do you guys plan on developing some system to handle the new Apex Map? Mainly due to the island hopping nature of the map itself.

We're working on slingloading for player and AI resupply and transport to aid getting around. We plan to try to also implement support for vehicle in vehicle resupply/reinforcements using the new VTOLs too.

Of course once the Tanoa map is available in PBO format (or we get the data from BIS/another method) we will index Tanoa and include the new factions in ALiVE.

Longer term we're working on a system to allow virtual AI to navigate across water etc. realistically.

• Like 2

Transport boats that work like a shuttle to just load troops, drive them over the pond, unload and repeat would be so much wow!

Just saying ;)

• Like 1

Transport boats that work like a shuttle to just load troops, drive them over the pond, unload and repeat would be so much wow!

Just saying ;)

Yes it would.

On maps with water, currently in the editor I place several boats and then use Spyder Addon's Vehicle Spawner to let people spawn more in the event they run out. Boat travel is a fun way to infiltrate.

But a CAS or Transport module equivalent for boats would be sweeeeeeet. :)

And Virtual AI's actually traveling on actual boats to objectives would be amazing too.

You can actually put any transport vehicle classname in the Combat Support transport field - it works with trucks although it looks a bit funky cos all the radio chatter talks about landing/taking off but it works. No reason why this shouldn't work with boats too.

However, actually getting AI to detect water, call a transport unit, climb in, fly/drive across the water, detect land, dismount and continue is technically challenging, not least because the path finding algorithms are massively CPU intensive so it doesn't scale well for ALiVE ops. It's on our radar but can't promise if/when we'll find a workable solution.

• Like 2

You can actually put any transport vehicle classname in the Combat Support transport field - it works with trucks although it looks a bit funky cos all the radio chatter talks about landing/taking off but it works. No reason why this shouldn't work with boats too.

However, actually getting AI to detect water, call a transport unit, climb in, fly/drive across the water, detect land, dismount and continue is technically challenging, not least because the path finding algorithms are massively CPU intensive so it doesn't scale well for ALiVE ops. It's on our radar but can't promise if/when we'll find a workable solution.

To simplify it, how about when a AI unit is ordered over something that has water, they simply spawn a boat inside a boat as they hit the shoreline, and spawn it once they make it to the other side. Would look weird if the player was by it, but at least it would be practical to assure troops are not getting profiled spawned into the water.

To simplify it, how about when a AI unit is ordered over something that has water, they simply spawn a boat inside a boat as they hit the shoreline, and spawn it once they make it to the other side. Would look weird if the player was by it, but at least it would be practical to assure troops are not getting profiled spawned into the water.

Units are already not spawned into water. Preferably we would like to use existing groups to transport infantry to maintain credible movement and the ability to disrupt the enemy's ability to transport their forces.

Apologies if this has been asked before...

Is there anyway when using Zeus with ALiVE, you can prevent units spawning in when moving the Zeus camera, around the map?

Thank you in advance for any help.

I get a crash when using Alive on Altis, after about 5-20 minutes of playing Insurgency.

The crash error says: no alive in 10000

This only happens when using Alive mod.

I get a crash when using Alive on Altis, after about 5-20 minutes of playing Insurgency.

What mission are you playing? One you made?

Please post the RPT file from your session (usually found in the root of the A3 server directory) - post to somewhere like pastebin.com and link back here.

What's a good US unit mod that's reliable with ALiVE? I need it to have motorized/mechanized/armored units.

I tried using Massi's USSOCOM. I actually built an entire mission with them to only find out that although the vehicle assets spawn when manually placed from the groups section in the editor, no units aside from infantry can spawn when using the unit type overrides in the ALiVE modules (it's odd actually! The foot soldiers for the vehicle units still spawn fine but the vehicle they are supposed to spawn with don't and I'm using the "vehicles" version of the mod!)!

Obviously I could use NATO (yawn), but I'm looking for something a little more stylish.

Does anyone have any good suggestions? I'm not picky. I just need it to spawn heavier vehicle units along with the typical infantry, that's error-free and without me needing to add any config patches. Any US unit will do. Even another Massi faction is fine, seeing as I already use his weapons and vehicles in the mission for OPFOR.

rhs_faction_usarmy_d

Would that one be ok for what I'm looking for? I have to say, they are stylish!

What happens though if I use Massi/non-RHS enemies? I thought there were RHS damage issues with heavier vehicles against non-RHS vehicles? Or something? I'm not super familiar with the subject but I remember reading something at some point that the RHS team uses custom damage values. Would you know more about that damage situation so I can avoid it causing any noticeable problems?

Apologies if this has been asked before...

Is there anyway when using Zeus with ALiVE, you can prevent units spawning in when moving the Zeus camera, around the map?

Thank you in advance for any help.

No, it is currently not possible to disable this behavior

Is there a way to force the insertion vehicle with Alive multipspawn?

I'm using RHS and would like the insertion vehicle to be a Chinook, but the the module keeps defaulting to a vanilla Ghosthawk.

Here's an idea I had:

My script JEBUS saves a group, complete with full load out and vehicles to be spawned and respawned later. So I can have CUP units dressed in FoxFort Camo with NIArms weapons driving Burnes Huskies if I want (to use an extreme example).

My question is: Would it be possible to use a similar script to "register" a group with ALIVE Military Placement?

It would save a lot of mucking about with configs and allow non-ALIVE compliant units to be used.

• Like 2

Alive Menu issues.

Hello community since the 1.60 update no matter what i try i cannot get the alive menu to work. i can however talk to pilot on the transport option and then it brings up the tablet. remapping to 20 and app key does not work and all i get is a beep when pressed.

I have the latest build of alive and CBA so can anyone help me. Is their any known mods to conflict with alive?

Thanks in advance.