ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Will Alive support Tanoa? Would it take a lot of work?

I think I can guess what this is!!!! :)

You are a beautiful beautiful person!!!!!

LOL :D

Will Alive support Tanoa? Would it take a lot of work?

It will eventually, and you can even index it yourself if you wish, but right now with Tanoa in active - development the index will break just about everytime they update the map.

Hi all.  Could use some help please.

I am trying to run the following on combat support units (Helis, Arty, CAS) [Vehicle + all crew units].:

this setVariable ["TEST",1,true];

This is part of a cache script I made. I tried adding code to both module INIT and CODE INIT in module setup and nothing works..  Any ideas what i am doing wrong?  Again keep in mind i need the code ran on all units of that vehicle (pilot, gunners, etc.).

Thanks all.

EDIT:

I should probably add this is for a SP mission.  TY

Alright so i figured it out.  I had to create an SQF file to run as code and then in that i added a code something like:

_this = (_this select 0);
{_x setVariable ["TEST",1,true];} foreach units group _this;

If there is a better way, just let me know.  Thanks

• Like 1

Alright so i figured it out.  I had to create an SQF file to run as code and then in that i added a code something like:

_this = (_this select 0);
{_x setVariable ["TEST",1,true];} foreach units group _this;
If there is a better way, just let me know.  Thanks
You just need to modify your original code so it uses for each with all vehicle occupants and it should work without an external file aswell
  • Like 1

You just need to modify your original code so it uses for each with all vehicle occupants and it should work without an external file aswell

Thanks as always Spyder.  I first attempted that but no luck.  Actually maybe the code was wrong though.  Basically I sued the same code as i have in the script file from above.  Should it read different to affect all crew?  At this point i'm not to worried, but would love to know for future use.  Thanks!

Thanks as always Spyder. I first attempted that but no luck. Actually maybe the code was wrong though. Basically I sued the same code as i have in the script file from above. Should it read different to affect all crew? At this point i'm not to worried, but would love to know for future use. Thanks!

yeah I think doing - foreach crew _vehicle- would work best for you
  • Like 1

I have a small ask about alive. Are virtualized units not moving? I made a short testmap with 3 bases and one town to capture. Sadly one of the bases is outside of the player range to get activated. So the ai there dont go to this town. Is there any way to let them go to the town in virtual mode? Thanks for the help!

I dont want to let the entire map with activated ai, to save performance.

I have a small ask about alive. Are virtualized units not moving? I made a short testmap with 3 bases and one town to capture. Sadly one of the bases is outside of the player range to get activated. So the ai there dont go to this town. Is there any way to let them go to the town in virtual mode? Thanks for the help!

If I'm understanding your question correctly, place a custom objective module over the area you want the units to move. Sync it to the military commander module for the side you need to move there.

In the custom objective module, increase the priority size settings (they default to 50/50). Set it up within the module so it doesn't spawn any units (this way it will be an objective only).

Add several custom objective modules over the same spot if you're not getting the results you want with just one.

• Like 1

Virtual AI will move If there are open objectives, nearby enemies, or they are on a patrol/task.

Basically they behave just as you would expect them to if they weren't virtualized

Hi Everyone. I am trying to add a support transport helicopter that is recognize by AC3 has a medical vehicle. Did anybody know what code I could put in the support transport module "code" line?

Cheers

Hi Everyone. I am trying to add a support transport helicopter that is recognize by AC3 has a medical vehicle. Did anybody know what code I could put in the support transport module "code" line?

Cheers

Hi, you might have more luck asking this question over in the ACE topic: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/181341-ace3-a-collaborative-merger-between-agm-cse-and-ace/

Cheers

Pretty sure it's something like

this setvariable ["ace_medical_isMedicalVehicle", true];

You can also in 3Den Editor choose this parameter from the "attributes" dropdown menues.

Size Filters

Skips all objectives under ..

Small - 250m

Medium - 400m

Large 700m

--

Priority Filters

Skips all objectives under ..

Low - 10

Medium - 30

High 40

Just looking for some quick clarification on this.

I'm making something on Altis, and wow, if you don't make a small AO and filter out the obj's in the civ/mil module, you get like a bajillion objectives.

So what I've done is in the civ/mil obj modules, I've filtered out small obj's and made the AO relatively small.

What I'm trying to do is place cust obj modules outside the small(ish) AO but OPCOM doesn't seem to be sending units to these places. Ideally, I'd like the initial objective amount to be manageable, but I'd like for OPCOM to eventually send units around the entire map so I can explore.

So if I've filtered out small obj's in the civ/mil modules, does OPCOM stick to this and ignore what it deems to be small objectives in the custom modules? For instance, if told to ignore small objectives for mil/civ, will he also ignore small custom objectives with anything smaller than 250 in the priority as listed in the quote above? 100/100 for size/priority seem to not be attracting units outside the AO. Is 250/10 the smallest priority/size I can use under my circumstances for something OPCOM will recognize or are custom obj always recognized?

Or maybe it just takes a really long time for OPCOM to decide it's important to move out of the AO and what I'm seeing is normal over the first hour or so?

RFX0nkZ.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.0.7

Updates
This is a further maintenance update to fix a few issues related to the new author values. We squashed a couple of bugs and deconflicted keybinds with BIS and ACE map drawing tools. ALiVE Advanced Markers now uses CTRL+ALT+LEFT CLICK to add and delete markers.

Map Indexing
There are plenty of maps in the backlog awaiting indexing for ALiVE. The indexing tool is simple to setup and use and everything is done IN GAME! Our instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found on our wiki

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux-dedi-server

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Note for server admins that this build requires the 1.0.5/6 @ALiVEServer package. Any old versions (i.e. before 1.0.5) should not be used and in most cases won't work or will crash.
Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission. Don't forget if using 3DEN to set appropriate default values in your modules.

Join the War Room Now!

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Support Forum
For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.
Please avoid posting issues/questions related to bugs etc on this thread. Devs and support will answer questions on our forum.

Release Highlights
  • Updated to accommodate new author values
  • Custom faction mapping added for UNSUNG A3 factions (UNSUNG_E and UNSUNG_C)
  • ALiVE Adv Markers keybind changed to CTRL+ALT+LMB
  • Fixed inadvertent UI font override
  • Fixed issue where Logistics helis did not RTB if players were nearby
See full commit history on Github

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
ALiVE is now GA. However, we may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!
  • Like 8

I create an index for Panthera which I will upload to alive forum. I really want to idex Tanoa but... Is this something your dev team has already started or planned? Or is there a hold on indexing Tanoa as we're not technically using a released map?

We generally avoid indexing maps until they're fully released as it is quite likely there will be changes before then that would mean re-indexing. That said, most of us are still considering whether Tanoa is actually worth buying so you may be better of indexing it yourself anyway!

• Like 2

I create an index for Panthera which I will upload to alive forum. I really want to idex Tanoa but... Is this something your dev team has already started or planned? Or is there a hold on indexing Tanoa as we're not technically using a released map?

We generally avoid indexing maps until they're fully released as it is quite likely there will be changes before then that would mean re-indexing. That said, most of us are still considering whether Tanoa is actually worth buying so you may be better of indexing it yourself anyway!

Indexing won't work yet because all the files are in EBO format. Tried running DeWrp (the public non paid version that is) directly on the files but it couldn't open it. :( I guess we'll have to wait until BIS releases the unencrypted version.

Defend objective.  Watching it all unfold in Zeus. OPFOR spawns way out of Dodge. Some of these engageuments can take an unbearable amount of time to get rolling and once they do can be long and protracted only because we are waiting for the enemy to get close enough to shoot at with anything less than sniper rifles. Any setting I can change to expedite engageuments so that Gamer ADD doesnt kick in?  Using SpyderBlack's Operation Landlord.

Defend objective. Watching it all unfold in Zeus. OPFOR spawns way out of Dodge. Some of these engageuments can take an unbearable amount of time to get rolling and once they do can be long and protracted only because we are waiting for the enemy to get close enough to shoot at with anything less than sniper rifles. Any setting I can change to expedite engageuments so that Gamer ADD doesnt kick in? Using SpyderBlack's Operation Landlord.

If you're familiar, open up the mission in the editor and cater it to your needs. Altis is an enormous map (I'm making one as we speak actually) so it's tough to populate it enough for it to not go nuts with objectives (which can kill performance) and enough enemies so the map feel populated.

What I decided to do was make the battlefield about 2/3 of the size of the actual map. That way when I go into most of the cities, I can expect to be engaged but not always (that would be boring)!

For the rest of the map (aside from the southern left chunk) I add custom objectives so OPFOR *could* eventually move out of the smaller AO, that way I can explore the entire map!

In his mission, which I haven't looked at in a bit, you may enjoy it more if you make the TAOR and AO markers smaller.

That, or add a transport heli (if it doesn't have one), look at the Intel on the commander tablet (if it's set up that way) and fly where the action might be! Land near a town, clear it, hold it, move onto the next, hoorah! :)

EDIT: I see you may be talking about the C2ISTAR task? If so, that objective can take a bit to get going. If you're not a fan of that task in particular, you can blacklist it to never show up again. How to do so is on the wiki. I can link it to you if you need. Otherwise, set the tasks not to show up automatically in the editor and request them at your descretion (probably what I would do).