ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Are you still on Dev branch? This problem is definitely not happening on stable. I know you tinker with the experimental branches so could this be it?

Forgot about this.. If you are on 1.60 RC branch then either switch to stable or download the latest github version of ALiVE where we have fixed the issue.

• Like 1

hey wannted to see if there is a way of making alive compatible with a new map thta cam out and that is not supported ?  

Yes, you need to Index the map with the Alive Indexing tools.

Yes, you need to Index the map with the Alive Indexing tools.

Thanks for the answer 

Hello,

when my mission starts, the friendly ai has entered the gun positions of all the empty vehicles placed, is it possible to not let them enter by self?

edit

greets

@endbored: if you play with ACE it's easy.  That mod has the option to use the BIS methods of locking the editor placed vehicles to your advantage.  Only human players can use the ACE keysets to unlock locked vehicles. 

Are you still on Dev branch? This problem is definitely not happening on stable. I know you tinker with the experimental branches so could this be it?

Forgot about this.. If you are on 1.60 RC branch then either switch to stable or download the latest github version of ALiVE where we have fixed the issue.

Thanks guys. I'm ok with it for now until 1.60. Keeps me on track in the mission lol.

I took the kunduz insurgency template and added a few bits and pieces I like. Using spider add-ons and having the civilian interaction thing is really an immersing and fun game mode...

Really awesome stuff.

• Like 1

Would it be possible to use this: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/141462-inidb-save-and-load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases/

To save SP games on a client without the need to have a dedicated server? Sorry if my question is stupid as i have very little knowledge of how the persistsnce system works.

Anyways thxs for this amazing addon!

• Like 2

Would it be possible to use this: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/141462-inidb-save-and-load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases/

To save SP games on a client without the need to have a dedicated server? Sorry if my question is stupid as i have very little knowledge of how the persistsnce system works.

It will not work as plug-and-play, no. Now that ALiVE is open source anybody is open to trying to support a custom db, but it's not currently possible.

Running a dedicated server on your local machine is super simple. I'm an idiot and if I can do it so can you! :)

Check out this link with some steps using the community made TADST tool: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/ALiVE_Data

• Like 3

Hey guys, I'm on dev branch. Just a question for more experienced Alive players...

When I start a mission from Eden, it starts the mission but after very few seconds the Altis sat map loading screen returns. After a while entering the mission again, this time ArmA tells me that a new Support in 0-8 is available (usually I never get notified about existing 0-8 modules)

Do you think it's because of Alive? I have no idea. I never saw that "loads mission twice" before...

Hey guys, I'm on dev branch. Just a question for more experienced Alive players...

When I start a mission from Eden, it starts the mission but after very few seconds the Altis sat map loading screen returns. After a while entering the mission again, this time ArmA tells me that a new Support in 0-8 is available (usually I never get notified about existing 0-8 modules)

Do you think it's because of Alive? I have no idea. I never saw that "loads mission twice" before...

If your bored try pickup up the experimental ALiVE download from ALiVE's Github and see if that fixes the problem (I'm pretty sure they post the dev version of the mod there. Never tried it myself).

To answer your question about it being dev branch. I can't be for sure but probably. Gotta love impending updates and not being able to play for a few weeks. Lol

If your bored try pickup up the experimental ALiVE download from ALiVE's Github and see if that fixes the problem

I wish I was bored... I found this: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OSbut my idea of pbo-ing all folders in the addons folder seems to be wrong :)

EDIT: 2nd try, I searched but no info, no info in this thread, so I'm probably the only idiot. I have no clue whatsoever.... in how the git alive can be used as an addon. Maybe I have to use those python based build tools, maybe start ALIVE_makepbo.bat but no candies either. depbo64.dll is missing...

EDIT: OK, I think I forget about it. There are P:\ references and AFAIK that needs ArmA dev tools, too much for me.

I have question for experienced ALIVE players...

I when start a mission from Eden, it starts than a few seconds later it goes back to the Sat image load screen and stays there. Any help would be appreciated.

I have question for experienced ALIVE players...

I when start a mission from Eden, it starts than a few seconds later it goes back to the Sat image load screen and stays there. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes this is normal in certain cases. This means that ALiVE is trying to load and set up all the things it's generates. It does take sometime about 1min to 2min depending on your mission. But if it hangs longer the map might not be indexed for ALiVE to work (Link Below) or something during your mission setup is wrong. But the second one may have been fixed I'm not sure, but I haven't encountered the issue in a long time except when I used a unindexed map.

Supported map list: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps

• Like 1

If i understand you correctly, it going back to the loading screen is fine.  Also when support becomes available (like arty, or heli support) it is normal that you get notified of this.  At least it always worked that way for me....  Going and upgrading the DEV/GITHUB is not as easy as just downloading and PBOing all the files/folders.

On another note, i didnt think this was the right forum for this question, but since it is ALiVE related, i am posting it here for awareness if anyone can help out.  Thanks  :)

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/191120-custom-menu-remote-execute/

• Like 1

Hi all

it seems the newly added factions "RHSGREF" from RHS update do not work with ALiVE.

I will have a look at this and will then upload updated "staticData.sqf" here as soon I finished it.

so the ALiVE developers could use the updated data for the next update.

unfortunately RHS units and faction configurations are a real pain, so it needs some time to finish this.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

• Like 3

Has anyone else reported that the UNSUNG factions don't work with ALiVE yet either?  If not, I tested on Altis and Stratis and none of the Viet Cong or US factions are properly configured it appears.

Hi all

it seems the newly added factions "RHSGREF" from RHS update do not work with ALiVE.

I will have a look at this and will then upload updated "staticData.sqf" here as soon I finished it.

so the ALiVE developers could use the updated data for the next update.

unfortunately RHS units and faction configurations are a real pain, so it needs some time to finish this.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Perhaps you could assist with the effort here by TheMagnetar

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/pull/16

Edit: I'm late

Am I the only one that is having issues with ALiVE since today's 1.60 Update.......I have no ALiVE Menu Key and no sign of it in 'configure addons' under controls.  Did I miss something?

Thanx

REAPER