ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Quick question about suicide bombers in Assymetric.

So when I debug the civilian placement module I can see a bunch of green squares (which represent civilians) and a bunch of white squares with the "fnc_suicide bomber" markers (not near my computer but its something similar).

Whenever I teleport to these white markers none of the civilians have any explosives on them or are actually suicide bombers. How is this supposed to work?

Sometimes the white fnc markers don't have civs in that exact location at all. What do the white makers mean? Does this function like the CQB debug where all possible locations light up and then filter themselves out by being a brighter shade based on the likelihood you determined in the IED module?

If the marker is opaque then the civilian hasn't spawned in yet, just as standard debugged civilians will show. There is two different types of suicide bomber functions, but essentially it means there is a high chance that the civilian will move to a nearby factory, grab explosives and arm themselves for an IED attack. If they already have explosives then they will just wait for an optimal time to attack.

• Like 1

I'm really freaked out by this: I've got an OPCOM (BLU REBELS) and a Custom Military Objective (150|500, faction BLU_G_F). If I set it to spawn e.g. 2, 10 or 50 groups of infantry then it'll give me an "groups not found for faction BLU_G_F" error. If I set the spawn to something high, e.g. 100 groups of infantry then it works, the units are spawned in correctly. What's going on here? 

Disclaimer: Using current steam version of Alive, using current dev branch version of Arma. Only other mods are @3den enhanced and @ares (and yes, I'll go and test this with just CBA/ALiVE now ;)

Can't reproduce this anymore after restarting the game. Very weird, since the error showed reliably with >10 trials (back to editor->change value->play mission) before the game restart.

^ Sounds like you got Arma'd   :D

• Like 1

I'm really freaked out by this: I've got an OPCOM (BLU REBELS) and a Custom Military Objective (150|500, faction BLU_G_F). If I set it to spawn e.g. 2, 10 or 50 groups of infantry then it'll give me an "groups not found for faction BLU_G_F" error. If I set the spawn to something high, e.g. 100 groups of infantry then it works, the units are spawned in correctly. What's going on here?

Disclaimer: Using current steam version of Alive, using current dev branch version of Arma. Only other mods are @3den enhanced and @ares (and yes, I'll go and test this with just CBA/ALiVE now ;)

Can't reproduce this anymore after restarting the game. Very weird, since the error showed reliably with >10 trials (back to editor->change value->play mission) before the game restart.

LOL!

This is sort of similar, but I was wondering; can you filter out objective size and priority so much so that almost no units spawn?

Here's what I'm noticing. Let's say I don't filter the civ/mil obj modules and let 160 units have carte blanch of the map. I'll notice a mega ton of units; let's say around 15-17 squads (consisting of 4-10 soldiers each) peppering the map. Which would definitely reflect my selected platoon/company sizes.

Is it normal for the amount of squads to decrease as you filter? I was always under the impression that the amount of units wouldn't change if you used high filtering for the mil/civ obj modules, and that the ones that spawn would all just get clustered around at higher priority objectives. What I'm seeing and consistently see is that if I use high filtration of the mil/civ obj modules, only a very small amount of units actually spawn. Sometimes only 4-5 squads (consisting of 4-10 soldiers).

Is this intentional? You get less squads the higher you filter the modules? I've never seen anything but this behavior and sort of seems at odds with selecting the platoon/company/batallion numbers. I can easily filter a company size group into a small platoon just by using extreme objective and objective size filtering.

This would be normal behavior, correct?

Quick question:  The wiki says its possible to use CQB module with maps that are not indexed, I get nothing but errors!

Do I need additional modules, TAOR markers etc.....any help is greatly appreciated.

REAPER

Quick question:  The wiki says its possible to use CQB module with maps that are not indexed, I get nothing but errors!

Do I need additional modules, TAOR markers etc.....any help is greatly appreciated.

REAPER

You need the ALiVE Required and Virtual AI System modules placed.

As long as you have those, CQB will work.  Also, switch it to "Static" factions, which seems to help.

I'm using CQB on Diyala (yet to be indexed) and its working great.

• Like 1

Edit:  Being a narrow minded  American, haha.

Other than that I love this thing, adds hours of fun with little to no knowledge of how to make a mission, epic.

Hey Wilco,

Speaking of RHS + ALiVE, you may want to relay to the rest of the RHS guys that the new GREF factions don't seem to be configured for ALiVE.  I tested with them and it always said "there are no groups for faction "xyz"".  The US and Russian factions spawn perfectly.  Just FYI.  

• Like 1

You need the ALiVE Required and Virtual AI System modules placed.

As long as you have those, CQB will work.  Also, switch it to "Static" factions, which seems to help.

I'm using CQB on Diyala (yet to be indexed) and its working great.

I am also using the Diyala Map (great map) - did you use any TAOR markers or the entire map?

I keep getting this error:

Scriptx\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data.dya.sqf not found

I am also using the Diyala Map (great map) - did you use any TAOR markers or the entire map?

I keep getting this error:

Scriptx\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data.dya.sqf not found

Nope,no errors at all.

My mission A Bright Morning on steam is using it.

• Like 1

Nope,no errors at all.

My mission A Bright Morning on steam is using it.

Downloading now - I will take a look, thanx!

DO IED's need to be linked to a TOAR? I ran a big SP mission and didnt encounter any.

DO IED's need to be linked to a TOAR? I ran a big SP mission and didnt encounter any.

If you don't define a TAOR or Blacklist then it's assumed the entire map can randomly contain IED's.

If the IED module is synced to, for example; an Assymetric Commander, then IED's really only get planted in areas the insurgents hold and they are very rarely stumbled upon early in a mission (in my experience).

If you don't define a TAOR or Blacklist then it's assumed the entire map can randomly contain IED's.

If the IED module is synced to, for example; an Assymetric Commander, then IED's really only get planted in areas the insurgents hold and they are very rarely stumbled upon early in a mission (in my experience).

Thanks for clearing that up, it was definitely early in mission.

Quick question for the ALiVE community.

Anyone else using this mod grouping (pretty standard for most milsim groups) on their dedicated server...

CUP Terrains

ACE

ALiVE

RHS Escalation

What would you say is the standard amount of time on your server that the mission stays stable without desyncing?

I ask because I run many many different ALiVE campaigns on our dedi using every unit pack under the sun.

But it seems that using RHS + ACE + ALiVE is causing a desync/server crash at roughly an hour into launching the server every time.

I wanted to see what anyone else using this modset is experiencing and if you are seeing similar results?

I don't understand why military placement always spawns CSAT forces. In the "Force Faction" field of the mil. placement module I have:

caf_ag_eeur_r, caf_ag_afr_p

(They are set friendly to each other)

I have set a weighting to "Light Infantry".

But it spawns CSAT (i.e. OPF_F).

The neccessary RHS/CAF mods are loaded, the faction names are copied from the config viewer and according to http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factionsthey are supported.

What is going wrong on my side? I am guessing CSAT is a fallback faction in case something goes wrong.

EDIT: Looks like multiple factions in one module are not allowed :D

Quick question for the ALiVE community.

Anyone else using this mod grouping (pretty standard for most milsim groups) on their dedicated server...

CUP Terrains

ACE

ALiVE

RHS Escalation

What would you say is the standard amount of time on your server that the mission stays stable without desyncing?

I ask because I run many many different ALiVE campaigns on our dedi using every unit pack under the sun.

But it seems that using RHS + ACE + ALiVE is causing a desync/server crash at roughly an hour into launching the server every time.

I wanted to see what anyone else using this modset is experiencing and if you are seeing similar results?

I just ran a campaign on Al Rayak, using ACE + RHS+ CUP terrain/maps and didn't have a problem with desync like that. 

We would have issues after 24-48 hours sometimes, depending on how much combat was going on with players.   But not within an hour that I can remember.

I just ran a campaign on Al Rayak, using ACE + RHS+ CUP terrain/maps and didn't have a problem with desync like that. 

We would have issues after 24-48 hours sometimes, depending on how much combat was going on with players.   But not within an hour that I can remember.

One theory is this having to do with the most recent RHS. Are you talking about a mission using the newest update?

Nope.  It was with the previous version.  I haven't built anything with the new RHS version yet.  Waiting for a suitable map that will work for Ukraine or Eastern Europe that isn't a map of Germany or Denmark.

I have been unable to get the admin menu to show up using custom button 20 or the app key...

I have the combat support module and c2istar module set with laserdesignator but  for the life of me I cant get the Alive menu to show

I have tried using the configure tab in controls as well and then only thing in there is map drawing binds...

anyone else had this problem...

Configure -> Controls -> Configure Addons Controls (if I remember the name of the button right) -> ALiVE

For me it was the App key by default but many keyboards don't have that!

*Image*

thats all i got?

Now I'm confused. I only have one thing there: Open Menu (Requires Restart)

I have been unable to get the admin menu to show up using custom button 20 or the app key...

I have the combat support module and c2istar module set with laserdesignator but  for the life of me I cant get the Alive menu to show

I have tried using the configure tab in controls as well and then only thing in there is map drawing binds...

Triple check that you definitely have the most up-to-date version of CBA

Are you still on Dev branch? This problem is definitely not happening on stable. I know you tinker with the experimental branches so could this be it?