ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

So it seems Alive ist spawning Units. But sometimes vehicles where spawn in an "shelter". In my case I mean the preplaced shelters on Takistan. Is it necessary to Index the Map Takistan, according to http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing. If an Index is needed, does anyone have one for Takistan? 

Not 100% sure I understand what you mean here, are you trying to stop vehicles spawning in the hangers etc at the airfield?

If that's the problem you can fix this by placing a marker over those buildings. Then I name it TAOR_NoSpawn (but you can call it what you like) then add that marker name to the blacklists and no units will spawn in there.

Not 100% sure I understand what you mean here, are you trying to stop vehicles spawning in the hangers etc at the airfield?

If that's the problem you can fix this by placing a marker over those buildings. Then I name it TAOR_NoSpawn (but you can call it what you like) then add that marker name to the blacklists and no units will spawn in there.

To blacklist an area is more an workaround in this case. For me it seem's there is an problem to dedect some preplaced map objects, like shelters ore hangers.

So in which case do i need to index a Map ?

Is it possible in Alive to force enemy air patrols?

The map is already indexed otherwise it wouldn't work at all with ALiVE - you'd just get an error and it wouldn't load.  Unfortunately some BIS buildings are placed backwards, and there's nothing we can do about that other than use the workaround above.

You can 'encourage' the AI to use more air patrols by manually placing some air units and syncing them to the Virtual AI module.  The AI Comd will detect anything that has been profiled in this way and use it.

im hoping some one can help. i want to place a arty piece one of the rhs paladin looking things but i only want one instead of 3. that you get with the combat support module for arty. i read the advanced placement but i'm prob doing it wrong can some one tell me how to get it to work using the advanced vehicle placement cheers. 

im hoping some one can help. i want to place a arty piece one of the rhs paladin looking things but i only want one instead of 3. that you get with the combat support module for arty. i read the advanced placement but i'm prob doing it wrong can some one tell me how to get it to work using the advanced vehicle placement cheers. 

I think that Spyderblack addressed this issue with a work around a few pages back.....let me look.

Dang, I could not find it but maybe it was possibly placing single Arty Unit on the Map and then manually sync it to the module.....will this work?

alive_logo_bif.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.0.5 - Persistence Fix, Unit Blacklisting Help

qoXZpc2l.jpg

Updates
A fairly small but important update this time, mostly to fix an issue with mission persistence that manifested after the last ArmA3 patch. We have also added a couple of new functions for advanced users to make blacklisting specific unit classes easier. Details are in the change notes below and on our wiki. Finally, you now have a chance of finding important tactical intel on enemy combatants - be sure to search them carefully!

Map Indexing
We've included new maps in this release thanks to indexing completed by community members using our indexing tool. Many thanks! The tool is simple to setup and use and everything is done IN GAME! Our instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found here - http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux-dedi-server

Download
Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)

Note for server admins that this build requires the 1.0.5 @ALiVEServer package. Any old versions (i.e. before 1.0.0) should not be used and in most cases won't work or will crash.
Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission. Don't forget if using 3DEN to set appropriate default values in your modules.

Join the War Room Now!

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Support Forum
For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.
Please avoid posting issues/questions related to bugs etc on this thread. Devs and support will answer questions on our forum.

Release Highlights

• Fix to persistence issue
  • Added chance of finding intel on enemy soldiers
  • Added index for Kapaulio thanks to psvialli
  • Added index for Ambramia thanks to noonanamous
  • Various performance and optimisation fixes

Changelog

- Repo updated 05/05/2016 @ 10:45 GMT
- Latest Version set to 1605051
- Release Build 1.0.5

[X LIB] Added 2 functions to ease up unit detection for custom blacklisting (esp. to support the common request to remove AA units and groups). Details below:
_groupTypes = [_stringToSearchFor, _side or _faction] call ALiVE_fnc_groupFinder;
_entries = [_configPath, stringToSearchFor] call ALiVE_fnc_configFindEntries;
Example:
_groupTypes = ["AA", INDEPENDENT] call ALiVE_fnc_groupFinder;
_objectTypes = [configFile >> "cfgVehicles", "AA"] call ALiVE_fnc_configFindEntries;
those arrays can basically be easily read and copypasted to whatever blacklist you like (ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_GROUPBLACKLIST, ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_VEHICLEBLACKLIST, ALiVE_PLACEMENT_CUSTOM_UNITBLACKLIST and ALiVE_MIL_CQB_CUSTOM_UNITBLACKLIST)
[X LIB] Removed legacy code from ALiVE_fnc_inArea and switched to inArea command (incl. keeping pos-array, locations, and objects working)
[X LIB] Fixed bug in ALiVE_fnc_RandomGroup which could cause a potential issue for random units on side INDEP (minor as fnc not used atm)
[MAIN] Complete index of Ambramia by noonanamous. Index thanks to noonanamous!
[AMB_CIV_PLACEMENT] Updated function to allow for use of custom indexes
[MAIN] Full index of Kapaulio by psvialli. http://alivemod.com/forum/1975-saint-kapaulio-complete-index/0#p11288
[sUP_COMBATSUPPORT] Fix to Synched Arty Object code error
[MIL OPCOM] Improved - Allow different INTEL settings per side
[MIL OPCOM] Added option for soldiers to carry INTEL on them. If they get killed they will drop a file, that has information about nearby objectives and installations. The probability can be adjusted on the OPCOM module.
[sYS PROFILE] Fixed units were sometimes wounded or killed during the spawn process, esp. if they were spawned in mid-air! Also fixes group vanishing after unload from transport helicopter when ordered with player combat logistics! Improved some parts with lazy evaluation!
[sYS_PLAYER] Fixed persistence issue where allPlayers is empty at mission start.
[sYS_PLAYER] More TRACE to debug connection issue.
[EXTENSIONS] Updated linux plugin to address thread issue

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
ALiVE is now GA. However, we may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 6

Place your (crewed) combat support asset in the editor and sync (F5) it to the combat support module

In the init field of the CS asset put this:

this setVariable ["CS_TYPE","ARTY"];

Optional settings:

this setVariable ["CS_ARTILLERY_HE",50]; //Number of HE Rounds. Can be HE, ILLUM, SMOKE, GUIDED, CLUSTER, LG, MINE, ATMINE, ROCKET

(note that not all arty vehicles can use all the ammo types of course)

If it still doesn't work test with a vanilla artillery piece (ie: NATO or CSAT) to make sure you are doing it right.

• Like 2

Awesome! So how do mission makers set the Intel on dead bodies option? Which module is it in? The enemy AI Commander module?

And do we need to physically search their inventory or will the Intel be lying next to the ground?

Been wanting this feature for forever! Thanks!

EDIT: Must. Remember. To. Read. Changelog.

Mark this question solved! :)

Hmmm... so will INTEL off dead OpFor work with an Invasion parameter for OpFor OpCOm?  Or is that only for Asymmetrical commanders?

I guess I'll update the server and see :D

Steam.pngUpdate 1.0.5 Now Available On Steam Workshop!

:ph34r: 

• Like 2

Please note that you will need to get ALiVEServer from the War Room as usual!

(Yes, I pressed quote instead of Edit again)

When I try talking to civilians, they always say something like "This person is not interested in talking with you" or "This person clearly doesn't want to speak to the likes of you.".

Their hostility is set to low towards my faction.

What do I need to do, to get them talking? What kind of information can you actually get out of them?

Thanks.

When I try talking to civilians, they always say something like "This person is not interested in talking with you" or "This person clearly doesn't want to speak to the likes of you.".

Their hostility is set to low towards my faction.

What do I need to do, to get them talking? What kind of information can you actually get out of them?

Thanks.

Honestly I'd do a quick search for Spyders Addons.

They're designed to tap into ALiVE give you much better civilian interactions. Of course they can still refuse to talk to you if they hate your face.

@svarun I just keep talking to them over and over .... until i see something positive... then move on..

@svarun I just keep talking to them over and over .... until i see something positive... then move on..

At first I read this as ...

I just keep running them over and over .... until i see something positive... then move on..

Keep in mind if you spam talk to one civilian too many times you can also increase hostility in the area.

• Like 2

At first I read this as ...

Keep in mind if you spam talk to one civilian too many times you can also increase hostility in the area.

oops, i never noticed that... ill stop doing that ... how else would one reduce tensions then?

oops, i never noticed that... ill stop doing that ... how else would one reduce tensions then?

Kill the enemy. Blow up their weapons caches and recruitment HQ's. Clear their villages of IED's. Pretty much annihilate the oppressive forces basically and make their land a safer place to live.

You certainly should not round up all the civilians and put them in an internment camp so the insurgents have no recruiting base....

• Like 2

You certainly should not round up all the civilians and put them in an internment camp so the insurgents have no recruiting base....

Damnit I knew I forgot something. I've actually got a "rehabilitation area" in my current mission. I was meant to put a 1 hour period repeating trigger in that area and do something like 

[getPos trigger1, [side player], -20] call ALIVE_fnc_updateSectorHostility;

to try and bring them back to civilian status, but I can't find what the scale is. Like at what point are they friendly/neutral/hostile? Is it a 100 point scale or how does that work?

Damnit I knew I forgot something. I've actually got a "rehabilitation area" in my current mission. I was meant to put a 1 hour period repeating trigger in that area and do something like 

[getPos trigger1, [side player], -20] call ALIVE_fnc_updateSectorHostility;

to try and bring them back to civilian status, but I can't find what the scale is. Like at what point are they friendly/neutral/hostile? Is it a 100 point scale or how does that work?

-100 to 100 scale

• Like 1