ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Hi guys,

Thought I would start to Index my Map as all towns are now in place just fixing up to do , but it has been indexing now for 50 min and seems like nothing is happening looks like it is stuck on Generating Sector Data. 

• Open the ALiVE interaction menu (default key Right App Menu) and select Map Indexing  -- done
  • A cmd.exe window will launch (this is deWRP doing its thing)   --- done
  • Press any key when it says so.   -  done
  • To categorise objects, select all the relevant criteria for the displayed object then click next. Refer to the section below on Static Data for details.   --   never see anything 

Any advice most welcome   :)

Hey comrade!

Looks like its still creating the sectors! Mind big maps can take very long, Altis takes over 2h if I recall correctly! I suggest you let it run and go for a walk in that time.

Please let me know if its still stuck after that.

Latersh ;)

PS: did you set the setting for manual object processing on the module or it will fallback to the Altis/Stratis defaults?

Was wondering if I could get some clarification on unit map symbols and units on the map in general.

I've got a bunch of missions going all in the relatively final stages where I'm just balancing too many/too few enemies. To do this I've been debugging the Virtual AI module and letting the missions play on their own for a bit.

Let's pretend they all have 100 total units for BLUFOR. Generally this consists of 100 blue items on the map. In one mission this isn't happening so I have two questions (trying to see if I have a module issue):

1. What does the X symbol, square symbol and diamond symbol with the Virtual AI module debugged mean? For instance, with 100 units, the map might have 100 of these, usually being "x1" "x2" "square3"......"square99". Etc.

2. What does it mean if I have 100 units, but only maybe 10 or so are actually on the map but numerically they aren't just 1-10? I'll have "x1" "x50" "square62" etc. So it seems ALiVE knows I have 100 units but where are the 90 that are missing? You'd think if I did something wrong with the module placement either none would show up or they'd only show up in numerical order. This is happening on mission start, by the way.

I know I've had some confusion over now this works in the past and now it is much clearer to me. But especially for my second question. I have things working perfectly in several missions but one in particular will never populate the map with the number of units I've actually put in the modules. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here or maybe this is normal behavior but figured I'd ask just to be sure. It's just odd that sometimes 100=100 units on the map in debug and other times 100=10 or so.

EDIT: Just want to add that I'm not ruling out the second part being me having overlooked something in the mission. This is very possible. I went over everything yesterday and can't seem to increase the amount of BLUFOR units that spawn so I was just looking for clarification if what I'm seeing there is normal under ANY circumstance. If not I'll know it's me.

Can Alive AI commanders command player controlled platoon as a single unit?

Or does it take each group and give them separate tasks etc.

If it cannot, what is the best way to have a multi-session operation using alive with a single cohesive platoon played by players?

Can AI commanders use artillery against players and can the parameters for this be adjusted?

The AI Comd won't issue orders to players.  You can see what he's up to using the C2ISTAR Operations menu (enable it with the module and select the required item, such as alive_tablet) and then move your player group to support the AI Comd's current tasking.

Personally, my preferred method with VOLCBAT is to leave the BLUFOR AI Comd in defence at our FOB, whilst planning and executing our own ops with the player manned platoon.  The initial phase of the campaign typically involves section+ strength recces to find the enemy, supported by a QRF or ARF in AI driven Combat Spt assets.  Section Comd's submit SPOTREPs and Patrol Reports using ALiVE adv markers, which enables our G5 Plans team to develop the conops.  We then execute deliberate platoon ops on subsequent main mission nights.  Using C2ISTAR G3 Ops we can retask elements of BLUFOR AI Comd to support if required.

Was wondering if I could get some clarification on unit map symbols and units on the map in general.

I've got a bunch of missions going all in the relatively final stages where I'm just balancing too many/too few enemies. To do this I've been debugging the Virtual AI module and letting the missions play on their own for a bit.

Let's pretend they all have 100 total units for BLUFOR. Generally this consists of 100 blue items on the map. In one mission this isn't happening so I have two questions (trying to see if I have a module issue):

1. What does the X symbol, square symbol and diamond symbol with the Virtual AI module debugged mean? For instance, with 100 units, the map might have 100 of these, usually being "x1" "x2" "square3"......"square99". Etc.

2. What does it mean if I have 100 units, but only maybe 10 or so are actually on the map but numerically they aren't just 1-10? I'll have "x1" "x50" "square62" etc. So it seems ALiVE knows I have 100 units but where are the 90 that are missing? You'd think if I did something wrong with the module placement either none would show up or they'd only show up in numerical order. This is happening on mission start, by the way.

I know I've had some confusion over now this works in the past and now it is much clearer to me. But especially for my second question. I have things working perfectly in several missions but one in particular will never populate the map with the number of units I've actually put in the modules. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here or maybe this is normal behavior but figured I'd ask just to be sure. It's just odd that sometimes 100=100 units on the map in debug and other times 100=10 or so.

I think the x1 and x2 etc are where group 1 and group 2 are being sent (destination of that group).

The diff symbols such as squares etc would be different group classes....vehicle, air or infantry.

This is just my educated guess...lol

• Like 1

I think the x1 and x2 etc are where group 1 and group 2 are being sent (destination of that group).

The diff symbols such as squares etc would be different group classes....vehicle, air or infantry.

Ok yeah that makes sense. I think the squares are for my vehicle units. I appreciate that!

• Like 1

An accurate guess it was

X = waypoint

Square = profile

Different icons on the square indicate the type of profile - infantry,mechanized, motorized, armor, naval, helicopter, plane etc

Numbers indicate profile ID

• Like 1

Is there a way I can change the crew type of my CAS? I'm trying to use a heli from CUP but it's default crew is the enemy side so it won't work.

Is there a way I can change the crew type of my CAS? I'm trying to use a heli from CUP but it's default crew is the enemy side so it won't work.

The only way I know how is to manually place the CAS chopper, manually replace the units inside it, use the advanced placement section on this page: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Support, and either sync it to the combat support module like you always would or sync it the the virtual AI module if you want the commander to control it (for the latter, you also need to add the vehicle faction name to your military AI commander force faction line. You can find this by right clicking on the vehicle and going into the configuration options).

Bang on Reaper.  Also note you do not see the destination x when the group is spawned in the map - only when it's virtualized.

• Like 1

Personally, my preferred method with VOLCBAT is to leave the BLUFOR AI Comd in defence at our FOB, whilst planning and executing our own ops with the player manned platoon.  The initial phase of the campaign typically involves section+ strength recces to find the enemy, supported by a QRF or ARF in AI driven Combat Spt assets.  Section Comd's submit SPOTREPs and Patrol Reports using ALiVE adv markers, which enables our G5 Plans team to develop the conops.  We then execute deliberate platoon ops on subsequent main mission nights.  Using C2ISTAR G3 Ops we can retask elements of BLUFOR AI Comd to support if required.

Do you even 0p3r8?

• Like 4

I'm reaching out to you guys! Please! How do we get Hindu Kush indexed and working with this fantastic mod we call ALiVE?? :blush: :icon_hug:

You can now do it yourself!!

Instructions are here:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

Ask questions or post the results here:

http://alivemod.com/forum/

Filter for map indexing threads.. perhaps check this to make sure no one else has indexed it:

http://alivemod.com/forum/conversations/map-indexing

B)

• Like 1

What's the highest amount of objectives you guys would say is acceptable for an Assymetric versus Invasion 2-sided battle?

I know the warning comes with 80+. I've had no problems with 110-120 but still having a hard time on larger maps, especially object dense ones like N'Ziwasogo, staying under 150-160, even with filtering. The maps is so large and beautiful I hate to only have it populated in just a portion of it.

• Like 1

What's the highest amount of objectives you guys would say is acceptable for an Assymetric versus Invasion 2-sided battle?

I know the warning comes with 80+. I've had no problems with 110-120 but still having a hard time on larger maps, especially object dense ones like N'Ziwasogo, staying under 150-160, even with filtering. The maps is so large and beautiful I hate to only have it populated in just a portion of it.

120 is solid

• Like 2

I'm reaching out to you guys! Please! How do we get Hindu Kush indexed and working with this fantastic mod we call ALiVE?? :blush: :icon_hug:

Hindu Kush is unfortunately one of those maps that refuses to index properly for no discernible reason.  I've tried it several times and it only ever returns 4 sectors.  If you have better luck please let us know!

Maybe somone in the ALIVE thread could help me.

If i use CUP Units with ALIVE, the following error occures:

There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["CUP_I_TK_GUE"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!

There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["CUP_O_TK"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!

How can i fix this error ?

You can now do it yourself!!

Instructions are here:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

Ask questions or post the results here:

http://alivemod.com/forum/

Filter for map indexing threads.. perhaps check this to make sure no one else has indexed it:

http://alivemod.com/forum/conversations/map-indexing

B)

I've tried and tried, but arma crashes everytime, gone over the instructions and making sure im doing it right. The indexing window appears for a split second and then it crashes.

Maybe somone in the ALIVE thread could help me.

If i use CUP Units with ALIVE, the following error occures:

There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["CUP_I_TK_GUE"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!
There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["CUP_O_TK"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!

How can i fix this error ?

Make sure your placement modules are spawning units and covering at least one objective.

The only way I know how is to manually place the CAS chopper, manually replace the units inside it, use the advanced placement section on this page: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Combat_Support, and either sync it to the combat support module like you always would or sync it the the virtual AI module if you want the commander to control it (for the latter, you also need to add the vehicle faction name to your military AI commander force faction line. You can find this by right clicking on the vehicle and going into the configuration options).

Do you mean the AI Commander? I thought the virtual AI module was just for caching?

Do you mean the AI Commander? I thought the virtual AI module was just for caching?

Commanders control all virtualized units of their side, so if the unit is virtualized, the commander will utilize it.

Hey guys, I've got a quick question:

I am trying to build an alive mission with 3 factions battling over Al Rayak. Rhs usarmy starts at the airport island in southwest with military placement there and military placement (objective only module with taor on the mainland) , rhs Russia vdv starts at the central airport and uses military placement. Independent faction is set to asymmetric, friendly to Russia and synced to military placement civ obj.

Now my question:

Is it possible to set up "automatic" troop transportation (Helis or Boats) that the US forces, which spawn on the airport island, can and will use by themselves to reach their objectives on the mainland?

TLDR: how to set up automatic overseas troop transport?

Is this even possible?

Gesendet von meinem SHIELD Tablet mit Tapatalk

Quick question about War Room.

So I'm still not getting the 'my profile has loaded' message on mission start since he update. That said, on War Room, under "Your Stats" and "Profile" my mission is showing. However, under "Operations" it is not.

Does the mission only show under "Your Group, Most Recent Operations" AFTER a mission has been successfully server saved and exited? Just trying to get clarification why the mission is showing in those two tabs on War Room but not under 'most recent operations.' Trying to figure out why that message isn't showing up for me on mission start since the anymore. It always used to.

I've tried and tried, but arma crashes everytime, gone over the instructions and making sure im doing it right. The indexing window appears for a split second and then it crashes.

For whatever reason certain maps will not index automatically - as Fritz mentioned it appears Hindu Kush is one of those maps.  I'm unsure if there is a way to do it 'manually'... it would involve a ton of work if that was the case.

TLDR: how to set up automatic overseas troop transport?

Is this even possible?

Currently no it is not possible - there has been some discussion about adding in features like that but I'm not sure how far that has come.

edit: if the units stay virtualized they will cross water without any problems or slowdowns however if they are spawned into the map they will attempt to swim ;)

Quick question about War Room.

So I'm still not getting the 'my profile has loaded' message on mission start since he update. That said, on War Room, under "Your Stats" and "Profile" my mission is showing. However, under "Operations" it is not.

Does the mission only show under "Your Group, Most Recent Operations" AFTER a mission has been successfully server saved and exited? Just trying to get clarification why the mission is showing in those two tabs on War Room but not under 'most recent operations.' Trying to figure out why that message isn't showing up for me on mission start since the anymore. It always used to.

Latest patch introduced some persistence issues... I believe they are already fixed just waiting for release (that's what she said!!).

• Like 2

Make sure your placement modules are spawning units and covering at least one objective.

So it seems Alive ist spawning Units. But sometimes vehicles where spawn in an "shelter". In my case I mean the preplaced shelters on Takistan. Is it necessary to Index the Map Takistan, according to http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing. If an Index is needed, does anyone have one for Takistan?