ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Hey guys, 

I am playing the new MSO form ALiVE but I have an issue...

I can't drag some buildings. Here is a list which are not working:

• Land_fortified_nest_big
  • Land_fortified_nest_small
  • Land_camoNetB_NATO
  • Land_CamoNetVar_NATO
  • Land_MiscCargo1EO_EP1
  • Fort_RazorWire
  • Land_fort_begfence_round
  • Land_fort_begfence_corner
  • Land_fort_begfence_long
Here is a link of these buidlings: http://imgur.com/a/66m1y

Turrets. Ammoboxes and such stuff are working.

You'll need to implement your own solution for that as its not part of the mission today. The mission is there as an example to customize, its missing a few things. We'll post a new version soon.

Hey guys, 

I am playing the new MSO form ALiVE but I have an issue...

I can't drag some buildings. Here is a list which are not working:

• Land_fortified_nest_big
  • Land_fortified_nest_small
  • Land_camoNetB_NATO
  • Land_CamoNetVar_NATO
  • Land_MiscCargo1EO_EP1
  • Fort_RazorWire

Here is a link of these buidlings: http://imgur.com/a/66m1y

Turrets. Ammoboxes and such stuff are working.

In addition to what Tup said, ALiVE uses a different logistics system, that also takes into account size, weight, cargo space and much more. You can carry an ammobox and many static weapons but you won't be able to "carry" a bunker on your own. Those heavy objects need to be stored in a truck or ideally be lifted with a helicopter and put in a tight position carefully. There may be ofc some issues with A2 objects / 3rd party addons due to config differences, which im happy to look into.

In addition to what Tup said, ALiVE uses a different logistics system, that also takes into account size, weight, cargo space and much more. You can carry an ammobox and many static weapons but you won't be able to "carry" a bunker on your own. Those heavy objects need to be stored in a truck or ideally be lifted with a helicopter and put in a tight position carefully. There may be ofc some issues with A2 objects / 3rd party addons due to config differences, which im happy to look into.

This is right, but for the MSO map, it woudl be good if we could drag bunkers and such stuff for building a base. 

Fixed the issues with Publisher finally.  Steam is updated.  Have fun!

• Like 2

Ok so I get how to have gear brought to me but how exactly would one go about having a bunker or base items placed? I'm assuming if I unload the logistics as the player I would be trying to "carry" the items. Would I need to be in some kind of vehicle first or just make sure to have the logistics truck park exactly where I want the item placed?

Ok so I get how to have gear brought to me but how exactly would one go about having a bunker or base items placed? I'm assuming if I unload the logistics as the player I would be trying to "carry" the items. Would I need to be in some kind of vehicle first or just make sure to have the logistics truck park exactly where I want the item placed?

If you unload objects from a vehicle or crate using ALiVE logistics then the items will simply be placed onto the ground. Small items will be carry-able but larger objects should be lifted by helicopter if needed to be in a specific location.

• Like 1

sharpie7051 - [/size]By design we try not to despawn things like CAS as we strongly believe that in a realistic whole map scenario, an insecured airbase should constitute a risk to losing your CS assets to OPFOR attacks. That said, due to the issues with BIS AI being unable to taxi, we may be forced to fake the landing by despawning aircraft and respawning them at the parking bay when they RTB.

Heroes - this is almost invariably due to a bug in the mod's group configs causing ALiVE to failover to default CSAT units or equipment.

Ok so CAF is spawning CSAT in multiple missions of mine. Not completely, but CSAT is being mixed in.

As a last ditch effort, I will replace all of my modules and see if it fixes itself, but quick question as a last resort. The only thing that changed when this started happening was a BIS's update and an ALiVE update. Could anything have changed on your end to make this happen? Or could BIS's update effected this at all.

EDIT: Just opened and closed all of my modules (clicking ok instead of cancel). Have teleported around the map and only seen CAF so far. Hopefully this is just a module issue due to the update. Will keep testing.

Yeah large buildings such as bunkers are ok. But these once 

are small objects, not as large as the bunkers

• Like 1

I have tested it now. You can't even lift a Bunker with a Helicopter. I think the problem is, as the devs has said it, that these objects marked as Buildings

Hindu Kush had some config issues which made it problematic to index.

You give indexing it yourself a try if you wish : http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

That breaks my heart, love that map. :( if you pros couldn't do it, there's no way I can.

Update: I tried indexing the map but arma crashes when I try. Well I tried :/

Is there a way to blacklist certain units?

I'm using FIA (BLU_G_F) but it always spawns a few "Millers", "Kerrys", "Stravrous" and even the elusive "Resistance Commander placeholder"

Hi guys,

Thought I would start to Index my Map as all towns are now in place just fixing up to do , but it has been indexing now for 50 min and seems like nothing is happening looks like it is stuck on Generating Sector Data. 

• Open the ALiVE interaction menu (default key Right App Menu) and select Map Indexing  -- done
  • A cmd.exe window will launch (this is deWRP doing its thing)   --- done
  • Press any key when it says so.   -  done
  • To categorise objects, select all the relevant criteria for the displayed object then click next. Refer to the section below on Static Data for details.   --   never see anything 

Any advice most welcome   :)

10:57:33 "No params given for ALIVE_fnc_BUS - exiting..."
10:57:33 [31192,826.795,0,"XEH: PreInit started. v2.3.1.160220. MISSIONINIT: missionName=index, worldName=Kapaulio, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false, hasInterface=true, didJIP=false"]
10:57:34 [31192,827.779,0,"XEH: PreInit finished."]
10:57:35 
10:57:35            +MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
10:57:35          ..MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
10:57:35           ~MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
10:57:35           MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
10:57:35          +MMMMMMMM~MMMMMMMM~~~~~~$MMMMMMMMM=~~~~~~~~~~=7MMMMMMM$~~~~==~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~$MMM. 
10:57:35          MMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .Z      MMMMMMM.    .M                IMMMM   
10:57:35         7MMMMMMMMN MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM......M.      MMMMM..   .+M     .          7MMMM.  
10:57:35         MMMMMMMMM  MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     MMMMM     .MM     .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  
10:57:35        +MMMMMMMMM  MMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MM?      MMM     .MMM     .~~~~~~~~~MMMMMMM   
10:57:35       .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MMM     .MMM.   ..MMM               MMMMMMMM  
10:57:35       IMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MMMM    . M     .MMMM     .        .MMMMMMMM  
10:57:35      .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.     IMMMMMMMMM.    .MMMMI..   =     MMMMM     .MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.. 
10:57:35      $MMMMMMMMM+   MMMMMMMM.                    .MMMMM..        :MMMMM     ............MMMMMMM.  
10:57:35      MMMMMMMMMM    MMMMMMMM.                    .MMMMMM.      . MMMMMM                 MMMMMMMM   
10:57:35     IMMMMMMMMMM    MMMMMMMM.                    .MMMMMM:      .MMMMMMM                .MMMMMMMM.   
10:57:35 
10:57:35 ALiVE Global INIT
10:57:35 ALiVE Global Init Timer Started
10:57:35 ALiVE [m_0|1] Module ALiVE_sys_indexer INIT
10:57:35 "FlexiMenu ADD: ALiVE_ui_display"
10:57:35 ALiVE [m_0|1] Module ALiVE_sys_indexer INIT COMPLETE TIME:  0.0010376
10:57:35 [31198,828.833,0,"XEH: PostInit started."]
10:57:35 [31198,828.842,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=2.3.1.160220, alive_main=1.0.4.1604212, "]
10:57:35 [31198,828.882,0,"XEH: PostInit finished."]
10:57:36 Save game type
10:57:36  Mission id: 88c6bdb60be0bc878d38d694bc9c020747aac6d6
10:57:43 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Starting indexing for Kapaulio map
10:57:43 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Calling DeWRP to get list of objects
10:58:44 Warning: 61005 ms spent in callExtension calling name: "ALiVEClient", function: "StartIndex~@Kapaulio\Addons\Kapaulio.pbo|Kapaulio"
10:58:44 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Compiling list of objects from deWRP in wrp_objects array
10:58:44 Warning Message: Script @ALiVE\indexing\kapaulio\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\objects.kapaulio.sqf not found
10:58:44 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Checking for existing static data...
10:59:09 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Generating Sector Data

O lawd that ALiVE logo in the rpt.  This is what happens when you let Tupolov out of his cage >.<

• Like 3

O lawd that ALiVE logo in the rpt. This is what happens when you let Tupolov out of his cage >.<

I always read that they way my dog probably feels when I rub his belly.

O lawd that ALiVE logo in the rpt.  This is what happens when you let Tupolov out of his cage >.<

When using Poseiden to view RPT logs with lots of spame, it makes it very quick to spot where ALiVE starts :)

Can Alive AI commanders command player controlled platoon as a single unit?

Or does it take each group and give them separate tasks etc.

If it cannot, what is the best way to have a multi-session operation using alive with a single cohesive platoon played by players?

Can AI commanders use artillery against players and can the parameters for this be adjusted?

My game crashes when I try to index the A3 version of Napf. Is it for the same reason as Hindu Kush? Where something in the config just won't allow it?