ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Ok so in the editor, which item is set by default to give the player the Admin Actions and Module settings option in the commander tablet by default?

I have a laser designator on me and that's not working. That definitely gives me commander privileges but I need the debug options.

I don't ever remember struggling in the SP editor to have these options available before. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Signing in as an Admin should give you those functions regardless of you having an Item on you.  
I use the alive_tablet, and make sure to have a Combat Support Tablet for when I'm using in game debug from those options.

Ok so in the editor, which item is set by default to give the player the Admin Actions and Module settings option in the commander tablet by default?

I have a laser designator on me and that's not working. That definitely gives me commander privileges but I need the debug options.

I don't ever remember struggling in the SP editor to have these options available before. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

You'll find the option in the ALiVE (Required) module. Disable Admin Actions should be set to No. No items needed.

Oh, has anyone bothered to index Esseker for ALiVE?  I would LOVE to use that map for an upcoming campaign, but I'm not proficient enough to use the new Indexing stuff to do it myself.

You'll find the option in the ALiVE (Required) module. Disable Admin Actions should be set to No. No items needed.

This is important. Default settings on modules are currently broken in EDEN and this means debug options defaults to being turned off.

Looks like there's a lot of ways to do this. I just want the player leader to have admin privileges even when I'm the SP editor (where I obviously can't login as Admin).

So is it the toggle in the ALiVE Required module or the Commander Support Tablet item or both?

Looks like there's a lot of ways to do this. I just want the player leader to have admin privileges even when I'm the SP editor (where I obviously can't login as Admin).

So is it the toggle in the ALiVE Required module or the Commander Support Tablet item or both?

ALiVE Required Module - Set "Disable Admin Actions" to "No"

• Like 1

At first I only installed the tools specifically mentioned in the instruction. After installing all of Mikeros Tools and checking that DeWRP works, I still end up with a game crash after starting the map indexer. 

Only place the indexer module, no other modules.

Can you post your log.txt, should be in your indexing folder.

Great to see this going from strength to strength !

• Like 1

I've got a question about limiting objectives.

So I'm making a mission on N'Ziwasogo. Without filtering, even with only 60 units on the entire map, the mission produces around 200 objectives. Never seen anything like it. When filtering out the small objectives I still end up with around 130-150 objectives and I still need to double/triple the amount of units for a full map battle.

So next I'm going to make the TAOR's smaller but I'm wondering...

Will the units ever make their way outside the TAOR areas? Not sure if the AI commander would ever command his side to take objectives if the objectives are filtered out. I kind of want to explore and be surprised but if I know exactly where the markers are, I'll obviously know where units might never appear.

Does anyone have any advice on that?

I'm also getting this awful error anytime I lay the ALiVE modules down on the map which is causing the worst load times I've ever seen (it's definitely not entirely related to the high amount of objectives). Some grid is having issues. I'll duplicate it with just vanilla units, CUP, ALiVE and CBA so hopefully someone can help me on that too. The map loads fine in the editor, but even with the very basics for ALiVE and no fluff, SP editor loading takes around 5 minutes and things pretty much freeze for awhile when the error pops up.

I've got a question about limiting objectives.

So I'm making a mission on N'Ziwasogo. Without filtering, even with only 60 units on the entire map, the mission produces around 200 objectives. Never seen anything like it. When filtering out the small objectives I still end up with around 130-150 objectives and I still need to double/triple the amount of units for a full map battle.

So next I'm going to make the TAOR's smaller but I'm wondering...

Will the units ever make their way outside the TAOR areas? Not sure if the AI commander would ever command his side to take objectives if the objectives are filtered out. I kind of want to explore and be surprised but if I know exactly where the markers are, I'll obviously know where units might never appear.

Does anyone have any advice on that?

I'm also getting this awful error anytime I lay the ALiVE modules down on the map which is causing the worst load times I've ever seen (it's definitely not entirely related to the high amount of objectives). Some grid is having issues. I'll duplicate it with just vanilla units, CUP, ALiVE and CBA so hopefully someone can help me on that too. The map loads fine in the editor, but even with the very basics for ALiVE and no fluff, SP editor loading takes around 5 minutes and things pretty much freeze for awhile when the error pops up.

Commanders will only move to objectives that they are aware of, this means any objectives generated by placement modules that are synced to that commander. The TAOR's really only define areas for the placement modules to place units/objectives while the commander works with the objectives generated by the synced placement modules. Profiles can deviate slightly from these objectives if they spot a unit and choose to attack it though.

If you want the AI to start in one area but spread out, you can place two TAOR's, one small and one larger. The smaller TAOR will be populated by units and objectives and serve as the hotbed for that side's forces. You can then use a second placement module that utilizes the larger marker as it's TAOR and the smaller marker as it's Blacklist (to prevent duplicating objectives in that area). Only allow this placement module to create objectives. Sync both of these to the AI Commander so that once the mission starts, he will send his units to capture the larger objectives. Of course you'll still have to balance objective numbers using the different filters.

• Like 1

Commanders will only move to objectives that they are aware of, this means any objectives generated by placement modules that are synced to that commander. The TAOR's really only define areas for the placement modules to place units/objectives while the commander works with the objectives generated by the synced placement modules. Profiles can deviate slightly from these objectives if they spot a unit and choose to attack it though.

If you want the AI to start in one area but spread out, you can place two TAOR's, one small and one larger. The smaller TAOR will be populated by units and objectives and serve as the hotbed for that side's forces. You can then use a second placement module that utilizes the larger marker as it's TAOR and the smaller marker as it's Blacklist (to prevent duplicating objectives in that area). Only allow this placement module to create objectives. Sync both of these to the AI Commander so that once the mission starts, he will send his units to capture the larger objectives. Of course you'll still have to balance objective numbers using the different filters.

Ok. Perfect. I think I know exactly what to do now. :)

So could you recommend decent objective priority numbers for the larger TAOR's? I can't really comprehend the scale it works on. It's obviously not 1-100 but maybe 1-9999999999?

I'm thinking I'll have 160-200 total OPFOR on the map which will start in the hot-bed area. What are decent numbers for the objective only priority override? It defaults to 50/50. The size part I'm assuming should be the physical size of the TAOR but what's a good priority number to make sure the AI commander places importance on sending his units to these places?

Ok. Perfect. I think I know exactly what to do now. :)

So could you recommend decent objective priority numbers for the larger TAOR's? I can't really comprehend the scale it works on. It's obviously not 1-100 but maybe 1-9999999999?

I'm thinking I'll have 160-200 total OPFOR on the map which will start in the hot-bed area. What are decent numbers for the objective only priority override? It defaults to 50/50. The size part I'm assuming should be the physical size of the TAOR but what's a good priority number to make sure the AI commander places importance on sending his units to these places?

Size Filters

Skips all objectives under .. 

Small - 250m

Medium - 400m

Large 700m

--

Priority Filters

Skips all objectives under .. 

Low - 10

Medium - 30

High 40

• Like 2

Thanks this helps. Could you register on our Alivemod.com forum so we can exchange information there? Cheers

PS. make sure -filePatching is a launch param for Arma

Hey so this ended up working out very well. :) Thanks man.

The best part is, as kind of a side effect, it's causing the insurgents to migrate through the jungle from the hot-zone to the new zone, leading to incredible dense forest ambushes. And it cut the objectives down almost half so that really was the perfect answer. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

alive_logo_bif.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3

Release 1.0.4 - Bug Fixes, Optimisations, enhanced C2ISTAR and more War Room bug hunting

AdBIYNM.png

Updates
The main focus of this release is to start optimizing code utilising new commands from BIS (thankyou!) that should help performance. We have also been focusing on addressing bugs reported by our loyal and hard working supporters posting on our forum (http://alivemod.com/forum/). We've also fixed some more bugs with statistics in the War Room and added some fixes for Multispawn, OPCOM, Ambient civilians, Advanced Markers, SPOTREPS and more.  Server admins please note there is also an updated ALiVE extension plugin shipped with this version (in @aliveserver folder).

C2ISTAR (Command, Control, Intelligence etc.) Improvements
Thanks to SpyderBlack, we have a very cool new feature for our C2ISTAR module. Those of you who watched the recent BIS livestream with 21st Rangers would have heard Friznit talking about the importance of Intel to battlefield commanders.  We've wanted to review the way Operational Intelligence is gathered and presented to Players in ALiVE in order to provide a more realistic and comprehensive set of tools.  At the tactical level, Intelligence is typically collected from sources such as EM signals, images and humans.  ALiVE already simulates HUMINT with the ability to talk to civilians and collect data on possible hostile activity.  SpyderBlack has now added a new IMINT capability to Player Commanders.  Any Combat Support assets that have suitable optics on board can stream live imaging directly to the C2ISTAR tablet.

Want more maps? Map Indexing
There are still plenty more maps to index.  For all those people who were asking for indexing tools, they're really simple to setup and use and everything is done IN GAME! Our instructions for using the Map Indexer can be found here - http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

Are you using Linux?
ALiVE is fully supported on a Linux Dedicated Server (as well as Windows). In fact the ALiVE Official Server for testing is running Ubuntu. Here are some tips on getting ALiVE running smoothly on Linux and integrated with War Room - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/1916-setting-up-linux-dedi-server

Download
Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam (Usually within 24 hours of this post)
Note for server admins that this build requires the 1.0.4 @ALiVEServer package. Any old versions (i.e. before 1.0.0) should not be used and in most cases won't work or will crash.
Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission. Don't forget if using 3DEN to set appropriate default values in your modules.

Join the War Room Now!

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Support Forum
For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.
Please avoid posting issues/questions related to bugs etc on this thread. Devs and support will answer questions on our forum.

Release Highlights
  • Fixes to Shots Fired stats showing in the War Room
  • Several fixes related to JIP and Advanced Markers/SPOTREPS
  • IMINT stream from Combat Support units added to C2ISTAR
  • More fixes and enhancements to Combat Support
  • Fixed Civ Interactions being added when Civ roles were not set
  • Various performance and optimisation fixes
Changelog

[ALL] Updated version to 1.0.4.1604212
[sYS PROFILE] Fixed error with creating new vehicles in a persistent session on mission reload if no single vehicle was restored from DB
[sYS STATISTICS] Fixed ALiVE_fnc_statisticsInit was not finishing on server, hanging at line 192 (regression due to !isNull player fix, originally caused due to clientside-code being run on server).
[X_LIB] Updated export functions to support JSON config output, adjusted aperture for new lighting.
[sYS_STATS] Fixed issue where shots fired were not reported for JIP players or respawned players
[sYS_PATROLREP] Added JIP support
[sYS_SITREP] Added JIP support
[sYS_SPOTREPS] Fixed issue where JIP players did not see spotreps
[sYS_MARKER] Fixed issue where JIP players did not see markers
[ALIVESERVER] New Linux and Windows ALiVEPlugIn v2.1 - ensures correct time reporting
[ALIVESERVER] New Linux ALiVEPlugIn.so
[MIL_C2ISTAR] Replaced BIS functions with scripting commands. Performance++
[MIL_INTELLIGENCE] Replaced BIS functions with scripting commands. Performance++
[MAIN] Added new OnPlayerConnected parameters to OPC calls
[X_LIB] Replaced BIS functions with scripting commands. Performance++
[MIL_OPCOM] Replaced BIS functions with scripting commands. Performance++
[MAIN] Stop versioning alert if you are using a dev build.
[sYS_DATA] Data should register complete before launching stats
[sYS_STATS] Fix issue with shots fired when a non-jip player respawns
[FNC_STRATEGIC] Replaced BIS functions with scripting commands. Performance++
[sYS_PROFILE] Replaced BIS functions with scripting commands. Performance++
[FNC_ANALYSIS] Replaced BIS functions with scripting commands. Performance++
[sUP_COMMAND] Reintroduced dynamic profile selection radius based on marker size - now works on maps of all sizes.
[sUP_COMMAND] Removed 'hint' testing line
[sUP_COMMAND] Added zoom in/out to IMINT. Changed camera-vehicle offset to be based on vehicle height.
[MIL_OPCOM] Fixed lamps and other weird objects getting selected as installations (IED factories etc.) with asymmetric pre-placement due to some of these ported objects being classed as "house_f"
[sUP_COMBATSUPPORT] Optimized CS to only transmit radio messages to currently connected clients. Should also fix JIP errors for CS.
[sYS_STATS] Fixed bug with shotsfired not recorded with JIPs
[sUP_COMMAND] Fixed IMINT not working for independent side and when combat support wasn't used. Added All air vehicles of the player's side as IMINT sources. Fixed lists not resetting selection indexes properly. Sped up Operations group list loading again.
[sUP_MULTISPAWN] Optimized respawn type "Insertion" for multiple players. Fixed: players with bad connection could not have been put in a valid cargo slot of the insertion helicopter. Fixed: If transport helicopter was killed after all players got out, Insertion was broken, putting players to to their default respawn point from thereon.
[sYS_CREWINFO] Improved stability and performance of SYS Crewinfo! Fixed: Crewinfo failed for JIP players. Fixed scripterror with undefined variable _weap.
[sUP_COMMAND] Added initial IMINT functionality (please provide feedback/direction)
[sUP_COMMAND] Improved unit marking to display profile types using different markers. Known enemies are now marked on the map.
[AMB_CIV_POPULATION] Fixed search/arrest actions being added to civilians when Civilian Population module wasn't placed or when civilian roles was set to "none"

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

Disclaimer
ALiVE is now GA. However, we may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 7

Nice  :D Looking forward to it.

Steam Workshop update?

Actually since I'm leaving a comment anyways; have you all given any thought of making Combat support an option to spawn when requested and despawn after the task is completed? Think BIS virtual support modules, I ask this because fixed wing in my experience (Been using your mod since the very first release, thanks by the way I love this mod) will work once, then after you send it back to the base and try to call it again it gets stuck on the runway or just refuse to move, or for whatever reason it just wont make it back out to the next task. 

Just a suggestion, keep up the great work guys

Thx

Quick question:

Is it technically possible if you allow a modded OPFOR (I'm using CAF Aggressors) to have supplies within the objective modules that they can wear CSAT gear? I teleported around the map and no joke saw maybe 75+ CAF soldiers.

Then suddenly one guy, literally one, came at me and was kitted up as CSAT.

Realistically...

Should I delete and replace all my modules or is it technically possible if you allow "supplies" to be placed with the modules for vanilla uniforms/weapons/nvgs to equipped by a modded and modded only faction?

sharpie7051 - By design we try not to despawn things like CAS as we strongly believe that in a realistic whole map scenario, an insecured airbase should constitute a risk to losing your CS assets to OPFOR attacks.  That said, due to the issues with BIS AI being unable to taxi, we may be forced to fake the landing by despawning aircraft and respawning them at the parking bay when they RTB.

Heroes - this is almost invariably due to a bug in the mod's group configs causing ALiVE to failover to default CSAT units or equipment.

• Like 2

Steam update may be a while because my ArmA3 Tools is freezing whenever I try to open Steam Publisher.  Please be patient!

Hey guys, 

I am playing the new MSO form ALiVE but I have an issue...

I can't drag some buildings. Here is a list which are not working:

• Land_fortified_nest_big
  • Land_fortified_nest_small
  • Land_camoNetB_NATO
  • Land_CamoNetVar_NATO
  • Land_MiscCargo1EO_EP1
  • Fort_RazorWire
  • Land_fort_begfence_round
  • Land_fort_begfence_corner
  • Land_fort_begfence_long

Here is a link of these buidlings: http://imgur.com/a/66m1y

Turrets. Ammoboxes and such stuff are working.

We're looking into it.  It could be that they're classed as buildings, which would be a bit tricky (players moving houses around would be awkward).

Steam publisher still completely FUBAR.  Might take a while longer than I anticipated to sort this one...