ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

JFC...  Come on BIS!  I JUST got my friggin server up and running ALiVE recently for my unit, and I'm still tweaking it to get it where I want the mission. 

I hope the great ALiVE devs are able to find a fix and/or workaround before the RC is released to GA and completely breaks things again. 

Shit.  I had just managed to get my guys interested in Alive and a persistent game mode...

I learned real quick with this game that this is par for the course with ARMA being an ever evolving franchise. Mods will break and often. Fortunately we have a great Dev team here with ALiVE that I'm sure is already aware of the Dev Branch changes and are ready to make sure all is compatible. I'm not worried at all.

So I think it will work now, the only problem for myself at least is that one is stuck with no options for how many artillery pieces you have, it defaults to 3 which is more than I really need.

I've add a code field to the artillery module for the next update. From there you could run 

if (this != (leader (group this))) then {deleteVehicle this};

which will delete the two side batteries, leaving only one.

I'll also add a ticket for a module option to choose the amount of artillery pieces that spawn, but the above will do for the short term.

• Like 1

I've add a code field to the artillery module for the next update. From there you could run 

if (this != (leader (group this))) then {deleteVehicle this};

which will delete the two side batteries, leaving only one.

I'll also add a ticket for a module option to choose the amount of artillery pieces that spawn, but the above will do for the short term.

Thanks much, I appreciate it.

JFC...  Come on BIS!  I JUST got my friggin server up and running ALiVE recently for my unit, and I'm still tweaking it to get it where I want the mission. 

I hope the great ALiVE devs are able to find a fix and/or workaround before the RC is released to GA and completely breaks things again. 

Shit.  I had just managed to get my guys interested in Alive and a persistent game mode...

Dont panic we are on top of it, Highhead has already put the fixes in our dev branch, just waiting to push the button!

• Like 1

Dumb question time, but can you play this single player or do you need a server? Also is there any up to date tutorials?

Yes you can play SP, many people do.  And the ALiVE wiki is the most up to date info.

Since Yesterday's Bohemia And or Alive Uopdate it's Impossible to load Any of my Public Made Missions for my Clan....

Everything Worked Fine Before Then Update and Boom nothing Works Server is Showing the Map after Mission Start and Then Boom Endless Loading by Hearing Everyone Shooting

THATS NOT AN APRIL JOKE

Since Yesterday's Bohemia And or Alive Uopdate it's Impossible to load Any of my Public Made Missions for my Clan....

Everything Worked Fine Before Then Update and Boom nothing Works Server is Showing the Map after Mission Start and Then Boom Endless Loading by Hearing Everyone Shooting

THATS NOT AN APRIL JOKE

Bohemia didn't release and update yesterday, they have logistical issues.. that would narrow it down somewhat ;)

Bohemia did not but from what I know Battleye did. However, this should not interfere with the mod, does it?

Does anybody know what this logistical issue was? :P

My non-ALIVE missions suddenly don't work either as of yesterday. And I noticed that even a freshly created mission using either the 2D or 3D editor which works fine on my local machine, will not work on my rented, dedicated server.

Dave

Yes you can play SP, many people do. And the ALiVE wiki is the most up to date info.

Just to elaborate on this:

If by SP you mean alone with AI, definitely yes. This is how I usually play. But launching through SP using a full blown ALiVE mission would not really be recommended unless you guys changed something, correct (though it would be cool if that were to change eventually!)? He'd still want to run run LAN or a dedicated server right?

I'll have to check again, but last night after the BattleEye update I and others in my unit have been getting kicked from my rented dedi server running an Alive mission.  I am going to assume it is yet again BE screwing up something.

I hope it's fixed asafp.

Just to elaborate on this:

If by SP you mean alone with AI, definitely yes. This is how I usually play. But launching through SP using a full blown ALiVE mission would not really be recommended unless you guys changed something, correct (though it would be cool if that were to change eventually!)? He'd still want to run run LAN or a dedicated server right?

Nothing wrong with running in SP alone.  The benefit of using a "local dedicated server" is that you can share it across cores, auto-balance onto Headless Clients, use MP respawn, and link up to War Room for persistence.  However, if you just want to plonk a few modules and play a generic, full map dynamic battle you can do that quite happily with SP only.

Dont panic we are on top of it, Highhead has already put the fixes in our dev branch, just waiting to push the button!

Best news I have heard/read all week!!  Thanx ALiVE Dev team - most appreciated.....my group do not play A3 without ALiVE Mod :)

Nothing wrong with running in SP alone.  The benefit of using a "local dedicated server" is that you can share it across cores, auto-balance onto Headless Clients, use MP respawn, and link up to War Room for persistence.  However, if you just want to plonk a few modules and play a generic, full map dynamic battle you can do that quite happily with SP only.

What about saving?

I'm perfectly fine with running a dedicated server myself but I just gave my brother my old computer and he wants to play ALiVE but doesn't feel like doing the server thing (yet! I will convince him it's not scary!).

What would happen do you think if he tried to load a SP save in a mission using the entire ALiVE suite?

What about saving?

I'm perfectly fine with running a dedicated server myself but I just gave my brother my old computer and he wants to play ALiVE but doesn't feel like doing the server thing (yet! I will convince him it's not scary!).

What would happen do you think if he tried to load a SP save in a mission using the entire ALiVE suite?

It would most likely crash, but you can always try.

• Like 1

anything new about local database support, cause warroom and dynamic ip (lan server) is just pain...

Interesting though, I created a quick and dirty script attached to a radio command and directly called the units name and used the setVehicleAmmo command and it didn't seem to have any remarkable impact on the availability of the various types of rounds the artillery is able to fire after a certain quantity is used. I actually haven't used artillery much myself in A3 so this is all pretty new.

Does this mean the ordnance types are a simulated ALIVE feature and not directly grabbing data from the artillery unit itself?

EDIT

I tried using the artillery module and linking the asset I want to use with it and that doesn't seem to work, it has no impact on the total ammunition count for each ordnance type.

I wanted to sync a physical editor object because I also wanted it to respawn if destroyed as well so it was also synced to the player combat support module.

It's unfortunate that I can't seem to figure a workaround for this, 30 rounds just isn't enough.

Referencing Gunny's setVariable reload method post

This is how you reload a combat support artillery unit's ammunition, run this snippet of code on the group's leader

(leader vehicle_0) setVariable ["NEO_radioArtyBatteryRounds", [["HE",30],["ILLUM",30],["SMOKE",30],["SADARM",30],["LASER",30]], true];

Once next update is released and there is a code field in the artillery module, you could do something like this.

Code field:
if (this == leader (group this)) then {this addEventHandler ["Fired",{_this call random_fnc_reloadArtillery}]};

random_fnc_reloadArtillery

params ["_arty"];

if (isnull _arty && {alive _arty}) then {
    _ammo = _arty getVariable ["NEO_radioArtyBatteryRounds", [["HE",30],["ILLUM",30],["SMOKE",30],["SADARM",30],["LASER",30]]];
    _ammo params [
        ["_he", ["HE",30]],
        ["_illum", ["ILLUM",30]],
        ["_smoke", ["SMOKE",30]],
        ["_sadarm", ["SADARM",30]],
        ["_laser", ["LASER",30]]
    ];

// sample case

if (_he select 1 == 0) then {
        // handle any suspension here if wanted

_he set [1,5000]; // replace 5000 with new ammo count
    };

_arty setVariable ["NEO_radioArtyBatteryRounds", [_he,_illum,_smoke,_sadarm,_laser], true]; // use true bool for global sync};

Untested, but should work as expected

• Like 1

Is there a particular reason it doesn't work with dev branch versions?

Is there a particular reason it doesn't work with dev branch versions?

BIS has broken the BIS_fnc_inTrigger function which handles TAOR/Blacklist and other marker detection systems.

Thanks, I've heard so many good things, and would like to try it out..

Yeah we're aware of it.  BIS_fnc_inTrigger is broken in the RC, which basically makes ALiVE completely FUBAR.  We can either write another ALiVE_fnc to work around the issue like we did when BIS_fnc_SortBy was borked in the last release, or we can recode ALiVE to use inArea instead.  The latter approach is the most likely because it's a better solution anyway but we can only release that at the same time as the ArmA patch and it won't be backwardly compatible.  The joys of modding!

BIS has broken the BIS_fnc_inTrigger function which handles TAOR/Blacklist and other marker detection systems.

Hi

since the last update of A3 (dev)

Alive is working good with dev branch

the function "BIS_fnc_inTrigger" is back i play all the weekend

i hope is help you guys

for the dev team "May the Force be with you"

Best Regards

moraa

• Like 1