ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Just a question regarding player combat support assets.

How are the assets refueled and rearmed if at all? Does that require additional logistics or is it done automatically?

It's automagic once they've returned to base and shut down.

It's automagic once they've returned to base and shut down.

Your mod is unrealistic and kills the immersion for me ;)

• Like 3

That doesn't seem to be the case for artillery, which seems to run out of ammunition and then is pretty much useless beyond a certain point, unless I'm not playing long enough and something is supposed to happen that replenishes their ammo stores.

Your mod is unrealistic and kills the immersion for me ;)

Don't give me ideas!

Pd3... Arty is super special in ArmA and not in a useful way. I'll check out of it's possible to rearm them via script in a generic way that works for all arty or mortar types. Meanwhile you may have to stick with upping the number of rounds available

• Like 1

So, Friznit.  Might it be possible for you guys to work up a way to have the Admin Save and Exit for persistence automatic on a server reset cycle?
I am only asking because I am currently getting HUGE RPT files and would like to cut down on the size of these, as well as help cut down on server performance issues do to normal Arma 3 memory leaks and such.
I know, I can turn off RPT's, but then I wouldn't be able to get info about crashes and mod problems.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

I'll check out of it's possible to rearm them via script in a generic way that works for all arty or mortar types.

A suggestion for a simple solution: Just add a setting to the Player Combat Support (Artillery) module dialog box called "Unlimited rounds" with a forced choice between Yes and No.  If No, do nothing and have it operate as it currently does.  If Yes, have the module add this line to each piece of artillery's init field:

this addEventHandler ["Fired", { (_this select 0) setVehicleAmmo 1 }]

Also, would it be possible to add another setting to the module to allow the mission maker to change the default value of 3 artillery units per module?

A suggestion for a simple solution: Just add a setting to the Player Combat Support (Artillery) module dialog box called "Unlimited rounds" with a forced choice between Yes and No.  If No, do nothing and have it operate as it currently does.  If Yes, have the module add this line to each piece of artillery's init field:

this addEventHandler ["Fired", { (_this select 0) setVehicleAmmo 1 }]

Also, would it be possible to add another setting to the module to allow the mission maker to change the default value of 3 artillery units per module?

If you want unlimited rounds you can simply increase the round count in the Artillery module to a very large number.

• Like 1

If you want unlimited rounds you can simply increase the round count in the Artillery module to a very large number.

I wouldn't be averse to that, however I think I would prefer to strike a balance where I might attach a script to a radio command that makes you wait x amount of minutes to rearm the thing.

I'm not picky about fidelity when it comes to that sort of thing, especially considering this is for SP and it is mostly about reducing trivial micromanagement on my end.

I wouldn't be averse to that, however I think I would prefer to strike a balance where I might attach a script to a radio command that makes you wait x amount of minutes to rearm the thing.

I'm not picky about fidelity when it comes to that sort of thing, especially considering this is for SP and it is mostly about reducing trivial micromanagement on my end.

I see what you're getting at, so once the artillery piece is out of ammo, wait X seconds to rear (essentially same as CAS)

Interesting though, I created a quick and dirty script attached to a radio command and directly called the units name and used the setVehicleAmmo command and it didn't seem to have any remarkable impact on the availability of the various types of rounds the artillery is able to fire after a certain quantity is used. I actually haven't used artillery much myself in A3 so this is all pretty new.

Does this mean the ordnance types are a simulated ALIVE feature and not directly grabbing data from the artillery unit itself?

EDIT

I tried using the artillery module and linking the asset I want to use with it and that doesn't seem to work, it has no impact on the total ammunition count for each ordnance type.

I wanted to sync a physical editor object because I also wanted it to respawn if destroyed as well so it was also synced to the player combat support module.

It's unfortunate that I can't seem to figure a workaround for this, 30 rounds just isn't enough.

Are you using the correct module with the drop down menu for number of rounds?

I'm away with work at the moment, so cant check the code on my PC, but the rounds are stored in a variable.

From memory have a play using the below code:

_newAmmoArray = [["HE",30],["ILLUM",10]];
 _battery setVariable ["NEO_radioArtyBatteryRounds", _newAmmoArray, true];

I will be able to fully check at the weekend, if I remember!

Gunny
  • Like 1

I repeat my problem because I think it was not a perfect timing directly before an ALiVE update :-)
 Also I do have an additional problem.

1. How can I achieve that an Russian Army controlled via OPCOM recapture an Area that has been captured by human BluFor units? How do I prevent that until I give the order via trigger or so?

2. Long loading of the missions on a dedicated Server.

When I test an ALiVE Mission I test it most of the time in singleplayer and the loading times are fine. When I test it on a dedicated server I have to wait 5-8 Minutes until the mission eventually starts. Even if I start one of the standard missions which come with ALiVE it´s a dreaky long loading time. Different servers on different machines produce the same problem. Enormous long loading times.

Best regards

Kai

Hi

i have problem with Alive

but first i want to know if ALive is compatible with dev version of Arma 3

Thanks

Best Regards

CommanderX - AI Commander will retake the position automatically if it has enough groups to do so.  You can pause the Module with a script (see our wiki) but this will pause OPCOM completely - you can't prevent him retaking a specific objective without some very advanced scripting (e.g. you could remove the objective then re-add it later - there are examples on the wiki but it's not easy).

Dedi Servers take longer to load - no idea why, ask BIS!  Keep the number of objectives and profiles low so loading times remain manageable.

Moraa - no, it's not.  BIS has broken a couple of functions in the Release Candidate which prevent ALiVE working at all.

hi

thank you friznit2 for your answer

yes i think so,i have error from Fn_fntrigger function of Arma

i can tell you Alive is working but when you but Something in Taor field get error

i dont try with blacklist but im sure is same

sorry for my weak English :unsure:

Best Regards

Moraa

Yeah we're aware of it.  BIS_fnc_inTrigger is broken in the RC, which basically makes ALiVE completely FUBAR.  We can either write another ALiVE_fnc to work around the issue like we did when BIS_fnc_SortBy was borked in the last release, or we can recode ALiVE to use inArea instead.  The latter approach is the most likely because it's a better solution anyway but we can only release that at the same time as the ArmA patch and it won't be backwardly compatible.  The joys of modding!

Are you using the correct module with the drop down menu for number of rounds?

Yeah, it has listed all of the types of artillery as well as a text field that specifies a specific type of unit, does that field basically define which units in general that will/should apply to?

EDIT

Okay I was screwing it up, the artillery module needs to be synced with the player combat support module, the artillery pieces are then placed where the module is, just like the CAS modules placing helos.

So I think it will work now, the only problem for myself at least is that one is stuck with no options for how many artillery pieces you have, it defaults to 3 which is more than I really need.

So I guess placing down a manual artillery piece and using these init commands:

this setvariable ["CS_TYPE","ARTY"];this setvariable ["CS_CALLSIGN","FOX SEVEN"] and syncing it physically to the player combat support module, etc basically exempts the unit from being controlled by the artillery module and from what I can tell basically turns it into something akin to a disposable razor in that when it has no more ammo, you can't really do anything with it.

I thought I was on to something when I found out there was a variable that you could use to manually modify the amount of ammunition carried but when "this setvariable ["CS_ARTILLERY_HE",50];" is entered into the initstring of the artillery piece I can't seem to access the combat support module, very strange.

Is the new Armaholic download the same as the current Steam version?
The Steam version is showing as 1.01xxx still in the readme, but it shows to have been released on the 24th/25th which is when I last updated it.

Yes they are the same... the readme wasn't updated on the Steam version... already fixed apparently  :)

So my ARMA and ARMA server just updated.  Is this the version that breaks ALiVE?

Edit: Nevermind..looks like just a Battleye Update.

The next ARMA update's going to break ALiVE? Man. ALiVE Devs, I don't know how you do it with this constant fixing what BIS breaks but know it's appreciated.

• Like 1

JFC...  Come on BIS!  I JUST got my friggin server up and running ALiVE recently for my unit, and I'm still tweaking it to get it where I want the mission. 

I hope the great ALiVE devs are able to find a fix and/or workaround before the RC is released to GA and completely breaks things again. 

Shit.  I had just managed to get my guys interested in Alive and a persistent game mode...