ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

I don't think the helos blow up in a 360 degree slow mo pan around the exploding choppers with a Linkin Park song playing in the background. With an American flag overhead....at sunset.

No that's EXACTLY what is happening...spot-on! xD But I can't spare on my daily Michael Bay action!

• Like 2

[Main] Fixed RHS insurgent group mappings #184

Does this mean that RHS Insurgent groups won't randomly spawn now when I tell it to use the RHS US Army factions?  That's been happening to me repeatedly and I couldn't figure it out.

Hello Everyone

Two questions I hope you'll answer

Look as I might I can't find the key to delete an entry.  I'll be using the Alive editor and make a mistake but can't figure out how to delete the error without having to delete the whole mission. 

I've also looked everywhere the the next question - I can't use 3d mission creation.  When I press 3d I get Eden Editor.  I use the left of the left control, but no results.  2d works fine.

If I have this in the wrong place could you please move it or tell me where it should go.

Thanks

alive_logo_bif.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3
Release 1.0.1.16

Hotfix 1.0.1.1603161 - fixes a critical issue related to Mil_IED that caused ArmA3 to crash to desktop in certain situations.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Download

Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam.

• Like 1

I am trying to make a custom loadout for my Alive units. I tried copying the example from http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Adding_Custom_Inits_to_Spawned_Unitsbut could not get it to work. Any ideas or is the wiki page out of date?

Here is an up to date version (pretty much the same thing but simplified. To make sure your my_script.sqf is running, you can put a hint or systemchat in there and it should pop up whenever a unit spawns. If it's running, good! If not, post back and I'll take a deeper look

description.ext

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {
    class Man {
        class ALiVE_gearScript {
            init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'my_script.sqf')";
        };
    };
};

my_script.sqf

params ["_unit"];

// do script stuff here using _unit to reference the newly spawned unit

Hi guys having a slight problem with my mission,

I have made a mission where US army and the russians fight for control over altis Where one side starts on the left and other on the Right and Clash in the middle and then hopfully push eachother back.

The problem I have is When I click play in the eden editor I have a camera that is pointed to the ground about a kilometer up, any answers?

The mods I am using is ACE, ALIVE, CBA, RHS, TFAR

I have also tried redoing what I was making with just alive and CBA and I still get the same problem.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

It sounds silly, but have you put down respawn_ points for either side?  If you have no respawn_ points you will not be able to spawn into the mission.

Hi guys having a slight problem with my mission,

I have made a mission where US army and the russians fight for control over altis Where one side starts on the left and other on the Right and Clash in the middle and then hopfully push eachother back.

The problem I have is When I click play in the eden editor I have a camera that is pointed to the ground about a kilometer up, any answers?

The mods I am using is ACE, ALIVE, CBA, RHS, TFAR

I have also tried redoing what I was making with just alive and CBA and I still get the same problem.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

You need to have a unit set to "Player" (not playable, but Player)

Hello ALiVE Team,

Been a bit since I've really gone at your mod for a campaign for my group so I'm here with some crucial but simple questions.

1) Can I run Asymmetric vs Asymmetric OPCOMs?

2) I've never used the C2ISTAR to order supplies or reinforcements... can I use called-in reinforcements to hold towns I've taken, as in they stay there indefinitely?

3) When I take a town with players and presumably those AI reinforcements, does my OPCOM register this as our side possessing the objective and make adjustments?

4) Can I as a player take control of the OPCOM and issue orders to my side?

hey

1.  Yes - up to the AI whether they decide to fight each other though!

2.  You can order the reinforcements to patrol the area or take up defensive position.  They'll not be ordered away by the AI Commander, though it's anyone's guess what BIS AI will decide to do!

3.  OPCOM will register the town as secured by friendly forces / free of enemy and will move onto the next objective.

4.  Via the C2ISTAR Command tablet - you can give waypoints and basic commands to Profiled units, during which time they will be exempt from OPCOM.  You can't completely take over from OPCOM though.

Hi!

Been enjoying ALIVE since autumn last year. I play SP though and the ALIVE AI commanders make it great fun.

Now, I was wondering how the major ALIVE variables are named, which would allow me to create a status monitor, trigger events etc.

So far Spyder has shown me two interesting major variables:

_forcePool1 = [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"BLU_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;
_forcePool2 = [ALIVE_globalForcePool,"OPF_F"] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;
hint format ["Forcepool Values \n West: %1 total groups \n East: %2 total groups", _forcePool1, _forcePool2];
_profilesWest = count ([ALiVE_profileHandler, "getProfilesBySide", "WEST"] call ALIVE_fnc_profileHandler);
_profilesEast = count ([ALiVE_profileHandler, "getProfilesBySide", "EAST"] call ALIVE_fnc_profileHandler);
hint format ["Force Matchup \n West: %1 total groups \n East: %2 total groups", _profilesWest, _profilesEast];

Could you advise on similar variables like ALIVE_globalForcePool or getProfilesBySide i.e. point out where I'd have to look?

Thank you...

Hi,

I would do some kind of special operrations, where the players have to let explode a target building or capture a base etc.

In the surrounding cities or military bases are KI placed with ALiVE modules which are set to defense.

How can I achieve that the KI units in the surrounding cities/military bases switch to attack/recapture after the players triggered something?

Best regards

Kai

alive_logo_bif.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3
Release 1.0.2

1.0.2 Update - Fixes and Map Indexing

8PwKqxO.png

Bug Fixes
You wait around for ages for a bus to arrive and then three come at once! Indeed, since our GA we've had some great feedback on our forum (http://alivemod.com/forum/) and also some bug reports. This is our 2nd update in as many weeks and features some important fixes. We've squashed quite a few annoying bugs including one that was affecting loading/saving of asymmetric warfare missions. We've also fixed some issues with Combat Support and addressed some community reported bugs relating to military placement for roadblocks and much more.

Map Indexing
We've also got to a point where we can now allow community folks to help us index maps for ALiVE. Many of you may wonder why we need to index maps and what we mean by indexing. Well, AI commanders (OPCOM) and their sub commanders rely on a great understanding of the terrain and strategic positions across the map. By indexing maps, we give AI that intelligence to make decisions on how and where they attack/defend/resupply etc. The terrain piece we do with some clever algorithms, but when it comes to buildings, objects and locations it is more effective to have a human "index" these things. Of course we do have some defaults (runways are indexed as military objectives etc) but many maps make use of objects and buildings in different ways. Indexing is fairly straighforward and it can all be done in game. Also, our in-game indexes are 90% faster to lookup than in-engine searches. This gives AI an unparalleled understanding of the Area of Operation and makes for a competitive foe vs humans.

Our instructions for using the Map Indexer (aka Clever Little Indexing Tool) can be found here - http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

Download
Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam. (Within 24 hours of this post)

Note for server admins that this build requires the 1.0.0 or newer @ALiVEServer package. Any old versions (i.e. before 1.0.0) should not be used and in most cases won't work or will crash.

Join the War Room Now!

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Support Forum
For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/.
Please avoid posting issues/questions related to bugs etc on this thread. Devs and support will answer questions on our forum.

Release Highlights
  • Map Indexing Tool
  • Fixed issue where missions would not load if saved and featured asymmetric warfare
  • Various fixes and enhancements to Combat Support
  • Fixed UI issues
  • Fixed Sea Patrols so that patrols will not attempt to move across land
  • CAS no longer reports combat ineffective once parked
Changelog

[sys_indexer] Fix mapBounds error
[sYS PROFILE] Fix for wrong-input debug-log messages in rpt on HC
[MIL OPCOM] Fixed: Not all installations were not restored properly when loaded back from DB
[sup_group_manager] Fixed RPT UI errors ("cannot load control")
[sys_data] Do not return error if the string terror, terrorize etc is used
[MAIN] Fixed wrong output in debug when saving to DB
[sUP CS] Added approx. ETA to arrival in SITREP
[sup_player_resupply] Fixed RPT UI errors ("cannot load control")
[civ_placement] Fixed issue where script error occurs if no vehicles exist
[MIL COMMAND | CIV PLACEMENT] Fixed undefined variable _pos error. Persisted mil commands, made _debug of fnc_Seapatrol static and streamlined args to [NUMBER, STRING, ARRAY] to avoid dictionary issues with DB.
[MIL MP] Fixed error with persistence when loading from DB if HQ or Field HQ was selected and guards have been stored to DB
[sUP CS] Fixed typo that hurt my eyes since years ("combat innefective")
[sUP CS] Fixed: CAS with plane was showing as combat ineffective after returning to base parking position
[sUP CS] Put back in the Night/Time difference as I found a possibility to select the IR Strobe (not by config but by object class)
[sys_indexer] Updates to multiple systems to allow custom static data, object data, cluster data to be included in a mission folder for testing. Indexing requires latest ALiVEClient.dll
[sUP CS] Fixed: Transport with "PICK UP" threw a script error at night because there is no class "IRStrobeBase" in A3 (btw. also chemlights are "smokeShell" classes).
[sUP CS] Wrong type of helipad used in CAS (Cannot create non-ai vehicle Land_HeliHEmpty_F).
[X LIB] Fixed fnc_moveRemote having wrong default allowed input params and wrong input check
[x_lib] Updated dump function :D

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify bugs, provide logs and generally help us improve ALiVE.  Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

What's Next?
The Indexing Tool is a key step towards enabling us to open ALiVE source, which will be branded ALiVE.OS to differentiate it from our own dev branch.  We are finalising the T's & C's for the new development approach and expect to publish some further details soon.

Disclaimer
ALiVE is now GA. However, we may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 5

Excellent ... thanks guys !

Glad to see you showing off your CLIT!  Some guys were having trouble finding it ;)

• Like 2

Thanks for the update and congratulations. I'm excited to start playing with the indexing.

Small typo on the wiki also, it says alive_objects_blacklist.txt is needed while the logs say alive_object_blacklist.txt (http://pastebin.com/3NjAq3Fe from index log)

Since the update, the mod's "addons" folder through the Steam Workshop has only 28 files in it rather than the 116 files that should be in it.

Just a question regarding player combat support assets.

How are the assets refueled and rearmed if at all? Does that require additional logistics or is it done automatically?

Since the update, the mod's "addons" folder through the Steam Workshop has only 28 files in it rather than the 116 files that should be in it.

It's fine.  Try unsubbing and redownloading.